The Iron Assassin

Af Cobraki

Kill. Don't ask why. Just kill. This was all he knew, all his life. He never questioned it, never doubted it... Mere

Prolouge
My Sword, My Might
What See Thy Land
What Suprises Thou Give
War and Slaughter
Where Blood Meets Blade
Blissful Times
Freedom in the Skies
An Icy Encounter
A New Realization
Oh What Could This Bring Me?
My Only Honor is my Soul
Sister Sands
Skyfire and Moonsteel
The Skyline
Extracted Claus
Beutiful Satire of Blood
Burnt out Bullshit
A Gruesome Plan, and A Savage intent
Rest and Recoup

Malice Rips the Soul

141 2 138
Af Cobraki

I have no clue when this'll come out. Do enjoy.

What is going on today?

Countless blobs of red, orange, and yellow scales darted across the halls of the palace, getting their affairs in order in a seemingly rushed manner. The endless amounts of dragons flying outside unnerved Riplash.

Was there some new piece in the plan?

What bullshit was going down now?

"Hey." He grabbed a small skywing, earning a yelp from the smaller red body. "What is going on?" He demanded.

"U-um. The arena fights are today!" She tried to scramble out of his grip. "We all want to go watch the fights, so we are getting our assignments done early. The fights start just before the sun is at its highest!" She squeaked, rushing back into the crowd of bodies when she was released.

"Arena fights... interesting." He mumbled. Looking back and forth through the crowds, he stood above.

So all the dragons will be in the arena... at least most of them... perfect.

With a nice and empty palace, catching that Tracker Jackel would make it much simpler. Less bodies to sift through

"There you are, bounty hunter." Her shrill voice rang through his hears.

"Scarlet." He tipped his head in a semi bow, his eyes raking over her as she strutted closer. Supported by two guards who tailed behind the Skywing queen.

"I must say. A week here and still nothing? I'm starting to wonder what you are really here for." Her eyes gleamed in sadistic annoyance. Scarlets' voice laced with venom upon every word.

"Things take time, your majesty -"

"Don't play with me, bounty hunter. You know the consequences of those actions!" Interrupting him with a snarl, baring her teeth.

"I am well aware of what you might do to me. But I am on the climax of this hunt, and I can assure you that your majesty." Riplash assured her calmly, his steely gaze conflicting with hers of venom.

"No matter now." She brushed off his gaze. "I've got work to deal with before today's arean fights. How thrilling, right?" Her red scales gleamed in fresh polish, no matter the rest of her work involved making herself look as best she could.

"Yes, yes, your majesty. And you still need to introduce me to my new position, remember!" A rosey red skywing exclaimed. Her flamboyant smile flashed rows of polished teeth.

Her.

It was the skywing he had Falcon watch. Her same baby blue eyes stared him up and down. Studying his posture before hiding a smirk from Scarlet.

"Indeed so Quartz. But you forget. I'm Queen. I do whatever I want. For however long I want." She growled, baring her teeth at the skywing.

"Y-yes, your majesty! I apologize for my excitement." She bowed her head in submission. Her rosey red scales shadowed out by the queen.

"Yes. Control yourself more." Scarlet commanded, looking back up at Riplash.

"As for you." She straightened her posture. "I want to start seeing some results." She commanded. "One body I failed to be informed about is not enough! I need names, and I need evidence." She growled. Behind her, Quartz stiffened at the mention of the body he discovered.

Gotcha.

"As you wish, Queen Scarlet." He bowed. To get more time would be lovely. To explain to her that he has a plan would be exceptional. But with his target right next to the physcotic queen, he can't risk raising any more suspicion from the Tracker Jackel.

"Good. Maybe you can earn yourself a seat near me at an arean games." Scarlet trilled, waltzing past him down the grand hallway, Quartz daggering gaze followed him as she trailed behind the queen.

"Hmm. You'll get some results, Scarlet. One way or another." He growled quietly, shifting his direction down a separate hallway, making his way past the countless bodies of skywings and the occasional sandwing as he made his way to the room given to him and the others.

"Alright, we got our target." Stepping through the door into the lavishly decorated room. Decorated with comfy silk pillows, blankets, and beautifully woven tapestries sporting veins of threaded gold.

"Hmmph wha-what?" Opuntia gasped, pulling her head out from under the covers. A rosey blush danced across her face.

"Where is Falcon? Where are the others? I told him to go get them and come back." He exclaimed with an annoyed growl, looking around the empty quarters.

"U-um. Ahem. Th-they will be here soon. Falcon got something and then left... umm..." She looked away, embarrassed.

Riplash sighed. "I don't care what you were just doing. Just... get ready and shit. We got work to do." He grumbled, gripping the brow of his helmet before turning away to the wall of tag lines and posters. Names of suspects crossed off until it was only the rose dragoness.

"So... what's the plan? Gonna lure it out and fight it?" Opuntia asked through the rustling of blankets, finishing her ministrations before hopping up next to him.

"Kinda. But we were given a great opportunity. Too bad the Tracker Jackel got into a higher position..." Tapping his claws on the ground, multiple ideas swirled through his mind on what to do. Should he kill it or subdue and use it to get to Malice?

"What do you mean, Rip? It rose into a place of power?" Trotting up next to him, looking over the list and pinpoint lines Riplash set up.

"Yes. And we have the perfect opening to get to it. Since almost everyone will be at the arena games -

"One at a time, you lot!" Falcon cried, crashing through the window, followed by both Pulse and Talc crashing through the open window together.

"Finally." Riplash grumbled, twisting back towards the pole of dragons. "We are about to begin."

"Sorry, sorry. We had to slip past the patrols that were plauging the mountain we were hiding in." Explained Pulse, shaking herself down before checking her tools and weaponry.

"Ok then." Riplash started. "The first part is simple. It's not easy, but simple enough. It will start with me chasing out the Tracker Jackel. Falcon will guide me to where the office the creature is taking hold of. It will want to slip out and deliver the information to Malice, and the empty halls of the palace will be perfect for it to slip out of. Since almost everyone will be distracted with the arena fights, it's the perfect time for use to slip in and extract the creature."

"What if it slips out of your hold?" Talc questioned dryly.

"Well, look who decided to be a team player." Riplash taunted dryly. "That is where you and Pulse come in." He gestured for Falcon, watching as he pulled a scroll schematic of the main parts of the palace.

The dingy paper copied over and over again, perfectly preserving the catalogs of history that were the palace, existing long before him, and maybe, long after him.

"Here we see higher up are the chambers of the queens officials, council members, war guides, and internal affairs. I'm guessing the Tracker Jackel weaseled its way into having a spot on internal affairs. That means there are both two hallway choices. One that goes to the throne room. And one that goes to the corridors and lower levels. Now, it would probably choose the one on the outside closest to escape out a window. This means we won't have to worry about any secret passageways that all the officials have on the inner rings." Riplash explained, pointing to the inner and outer chambers.

"Now we don't know how long this Tracker Jackel has been here. It could've been weeks. It could've been months. Now, the longer it has been here, the longer it was allowed to map out the palace in its hive-like mind." He continued.

"So where do we three fit in?" Pulse questioned. "If the creature does slip away from me or Falcon, you and Opuntia will be there to catch it or corral it back in." Riplash explained, tapping on the window and door entrances.

"What about me? Am I supposed to stand around and do nothing?" Talc grumbled.

"You have a very important part." Riplash commented. "I need you and your powers of earth to be waiting in the nearby forest and mountains as our last line of attack." Pointing out into the vast expanse of trees and rigid mountains. "Can I rely on you?"

"I thought you don't rely on anyone." Talc huffed amusingly.

"I don't." He growled. "But maybe you can help change that." Riplash dared to glance around the other dragons, catching Opuntias gleeful expression at his actions.

"Mmm... Sure." Talc finalized. "You can rely on me for this."

"Good." Riplash hummed.

"And this is the main gist of it. If Malice is around, do not engage her. She will not hold back and will kill you." He explained.

"So what do we do if she does appear?" Falcon questioned.

"Leave her to me. I am the only one skilled enough to take her on." He growled. "And no Talc. I'm the only one here familiar with how she fights and can buy you guys time to kill the blasted creature."

"But... what if she kills you?" Opuntia questioned.

"She won't. No one has ever gotten close." He chuckled darkly. Earning a collection of nervous glances from his compatriots.

"The arena fights begin at the sun's highest hour, which doesn't give us a lot of time to prepare." Falcon explained, fitting his scabbard of knives and weapons.

"Exacly why we are going now." He pointed to the west end of the palace on the schematic. "It will likely try to escape to the forest mountains. It looked like there were a lot of caves lining the ridges. You will hide underneath in the trees." Pointing to the west side treeline, earning a nod from Talc.

"Good." He studied each of his traveling companions. "Let's get to work."

Near high noon, it came. The distant cheers slowly built up as the crowds gathered in. Soldiers emptied out the halls until there was an occasional guard that patrolled through the halls. Leaving the palace nearly empty and barren.

"Falcon, did you check the logs for the newly appointed internal affairs members?" Riplash asked, stalking through the halls of internal affairs as silently as a cat stalking its prey.

"There wasn't any." He whispered back, stalking behind as close as possible.

"Damnit." He sighed. "Well, just have to check every room until we find it." Talking another silent step, he peeked through the first door, finding it empty before moving on.

Door after door, they checked. Scouring each room before moving on to the next, weapon in talon. Passing under large ston archways, gold lined walls, and obsidian studded doors.

Knock, screeeeeech.

"Tc-tch." Riplash sounded quietly, nodding to the door ahead of him. The rustling of papers inside, mixed with the sounds of moving furniture and objects.

With a nod from Falcon, the skywing waited behind Riplash as he gripped the door, feeling the tinyist bit of pressure against him, he rammed his shoulder into the wood. Busting his way in, claws outstretched, ready for whatever was going to come through.

Raaaaaghffffff!

The hideous roar of the Tracker Jackel rang through his ears as he was tackled by the monster, its teeth wrapping around his armored neck as the force of the attack propelled him out of the room and into a death roll with the creature.

"Raaaahhh!" Riplash roared back, kicking the Tracker Jackel off him, swinging his poisonous bladed tail to gain more space from the aggressive creature.

It jumped back with a hiss. Its mixes of red skywing disguise dotted the creature. Baring its toothed mandables and long limbs. The Tracker Jackel hisses at him, whipping its long tail behind it.

"Don't let it leave the hallway." He snarled, unsheathing his sword and lunging forward. The gleaming metel cut through the air down on the creature.

It lunged to the side, darting for the closest exit, which was blocked by a plume of fire from Opuntia.

"You are one ugly creature!" She cried, coating the ground in front of the Tracker Jackel in fire, earing a screech of fear as flames licked at its leathery body.

Riplash lunged at the monster again, tearing across the hallway before swinging his blade in a wide arch, fire reflecting off his armor as he descended on his foe. The blade swung down, cutting through the arm of the Tracker Jackel as it gave a shrill cry of pain.

"You... bitch!" It's feminine voice cried. A sudden force emanated from her talons, throwing Riplash backward against the stone archway.

"Don't let it escape!" Riplash chased after it, his blade nicking the Tracker Jackel as it slipped through its door, making its way for the window.

"Screeeeee!" It cried as bolts of electricity shot through its body from Pulse. Blowing it back inside as it crashed against the wall.

"Good shot, Pulse!" Falcon congratulated, looking over the blown aback foe.

"Thanks!" Gladly accepting the praise as she glided into the chambers.

"Let's get this done with." Riplash growled, raising his sword in preparation to impale the beast.

It screeched in fear as his blade readied to fall into the creature. Tensing his muscles, he stabbed down into the creature! His blade cut through the air as it suddenly grinned. A scythe-like head connected to a sturdy cable wrapped around his torso, ripping him away from his prey and out the window!

This is her weapon!

Roaring in pain as he was ripped through the air and thrown into the top of a nearby spire. Broken stone flew off the top as wood splintered under his talons.

"And here I thought I would never get the chance to tear your throat out." Malices electric voice boomed from above.

"Arrrg. Key word, chance." He growled, climbing out of the dragon sized hole in the spire. Rasing his sword, a split second later as a beam of white light descended on him. His blade caught the beam, acting as a shield from her attack.

"Malice you sorry bitch! Why must you drag your tail all the way out here!" He snarled, rocketing up into the air, weaving between beams of light and slashes of her sickle-like weapons until he was mere talon lengths away from her.

"To get to you, of course. Why else would I be out here?" She snapped.

"WITH THE COMBATANTS READY!"

The announcers voice called out.

"And yet, Nexus failed to off me. What makes you think the Sun Queens pet hound will finish the job your brother started?" He shot back.

"CLAWS UP!"

"It doesn't matter what you or I think. It's what I know." She growled, her weapons glowing in electric blue light.

"TEETH READY!"

"What you know is delusion. Serving a queen that doesn't care about you, only what you can do for her." He shot back.

"Oh, real rich coming from the sun queens personal hitman and fucktoy!"

"FIGHT!"

Malice struck first. Her sickles sliced upwards into an "X." Blocked by Riplashes blade as he swung back. Locking blades with the Daughter of Dusk. Her cresent eyes seething with rage as she kicked herself free, flipping through the air before diving back in retaliation.

"RAAAAH!" She cried, her blades meeting his in a climactic occurrence. Sending a powerful concussive blast that shook the air around the dueling dragons.

"You are a fool to keep following the Sun Queen!" He cried, unleashing a volley of hacks and slashes upon his enemy. Sending sparks dancing left and right as they trades blows. "She cares nothing for you! Or Nexus. She would rather see you die than lift a claw for your aid!" He roared, charging down onto her, gripping her throat as he dragged her across the castle walls. Shaving off bits of stone and sleek plaster.

Malice roared in pain. Kicking against his armored side as pain racked through her body. Her talons glowed bluish white, slamming her claws into his chest with a loud BAAAAAVRRRROOOOOOOMMMMM. Sending Riplash rocketing into another spire, just barely able to catch himself before blocking another beam of light from Malice.

"At least she didn't kill my brother!" She cried, wrapping a cable around his midsection and swung him through the spire.

Damnit. At this rate, she might actually win.

Gripping the cable tightly, he caught himself in the air.

"I didn't kill your brother! Cut his talon off, yes. But I didn't kill him!" He snarled, losing his sword in the midst of chaos. He now had to work without his best tool, but not his only tool.

Blinded by rage, she whipped her cabled sickle back, pulling Riplash with her. Taking advantage of the momentum. He headbutted her, slashed at her chest before whipping her with his bone crushing tail. Making her roar in pain.

"You killed him! My only family! AMD NOW YOUR GOING TO PAY!" She roared, storm cloud grew over the skies as her body pulsed and glowed in glowing blue and white light.

Shit. What to do, what to do, what to... oh.

Praying to whatever stroke of luck he had, he racked his brain for the perfect rune from the rune book.

"Only way to find out if it works." He mumbled, lighting a flame in his mouth before sticking his claw in his jaws, hissing in pain as he burnt his claw. Nashing his teeth, he traced the rune into a double diamond design before drawing an infinity symbol through it. "One way to find out now." He grumbled, pushing the rune forward. He inhaled a heavy breath, sucking the rune down his throat. It melted itself down his gullet, earning a roar of pain.

"I want you to DIE!" Malice roared, unleashing a massive beam of light from her jaws!

The searing pain scorched through his throat as he inhaled, taking a heavy breath as fire built up in his throat, releasing a spearhead of magical fire that met Malices attack head on. Creating a massive explosion that rocked the skies in ferocious power! Emanating massive clouds of smoke that blinded the dueling dragons.

Wasting now time in his attack, he charged into the smoke, teeth bared in animalistic rage as he burst out of the smoke, taking Malice by surprise. Raising her sickles in defense, his claws wrapped around the weapons, planting a clawed foot on her chest and kicked her back. Ripping the sickles from her grip before completing a cartwheel through the air, rocketing Malice into the ground with a mighty slam of his tail.

Swinging the sickles, he released the cables, wrapping each end to one of Malices legs. Heaving with all his strength, he swung Malice into the side of the castle, earing a roar of pain and anger before heaving her into the air before proceeding to dive bomb the poor ness. Slamming his talons into her face, he propelled forward. Dragging her body through countless lengths of stone, wood, and occasional steel beam.

Malice tried to counter his attacks, releasing attack after attack of glowing white energy into his armored side, trying to break the iron hold he had on her face.

"This didn't have to go down this path, Malice!" Riplash roared, throwing her ahead, using the added space to unleash another spearhead blast of magic fire. Watching it collide with Malice and unfurl into a massive explosion of fire and energy.

Two

"It has, and it will!" She roared back, righting herself after falling several large wingbeats out of the sky. Her body pulsed inderescent blue light, ripping her weapons back into her talons. Riplash gave her little time to recover, tackling her out of the sky, sending them both cratering towards the ground under them as they traded blows. Malice attempted to cut into any open scales she could find, while Riplash unleashed a flurry of bone damaging attacks onto his foe.

Whombam screeeeeeeshhh!

Came the sound of their bodies hitting the thick sands of the arena. The crowds of dragons roaring cheers silenced as their fight took them into the queens arena. Their heavy breaths, a signal of the damage, each of them sustained in their battle. Malices heavy blows reverberated through hos body, bruising his insides.

"You look tired, Malice. Maybe you should just... call this off." Smirking at her roar of anger. Her limbs shook with both rage and racking pain that shot through her body from the bearing he gave.

"As the Sun Queen demands, I serve. From Dusk to Dawn, and Dawn to Dusk!" She roared, electric energy coursing through her body, arching off her scales and horns. Her dual sickles pulsing electric white light.

"WHAT A SHOW! IS THIS MY EARLY HATCHING DAY GIFT?" Scarlet cried from her royal lounge.

"The corrupted sun will die a painful death. And those caught in its light will see the truth!" Riplash roared, both he and Malice charged at one another at blinding speeds.

Archs of light emanated from their collision. Causing them to lock in arms for several seconds, hissing in annoyance at the numbing sensation that shot from her weapons.

"You feel that? The numbing? Just like how you numbed yourself to everything around you, traitor!" She snarled.

Flicking his arms outward, he knocked her weapons away from his face, headbutting her, slamming the palms of his talons into her chest, crooks of her shoulders, neck, and face in quick and meticulous strikes. Ending the combo with a violent grip of her face and chest, heaving her with all his aching body's strength over his head, slamming her into the blood filled sands. Earning several ooooohs from the audience as they fealt her pain.

Earning a loud shriek of pain from Malice, layiing in a pained heap under him.

"Hah... hah... I've had... enough... of this." He growled, pinning her chest by his claws, raising his other before presenting a long stinger that protruded out of his wrist. Loading his arm back, he gave a roar, bringing the stinger down into Malices brain.

Riplash roared in pain as he suddenly was blasted into the air by a powerful blast from Malice. Sending him rolling across the sands, smoke wipsing off his chest and neck armor.

"DIE!" Catching her sickles seconds before they could sink into his eyes, he fought back against her push as the tips of her blades neared his eyes mere heartbeats away.

Pushing back and forth, their weakening strength turned the quick and fast-paced fight slowly into a slug fest. Trying to overpower the other for the kill.

"This is for my Queen! This is for my kingdom!" She cried, bucking her body back and forth, trying to foce the blades into his skull. "THIS IS FOR MY BROTHER!"

Riplash growled in return, taking in a deep breath. The rune at the back of his throat sizzled and scorched his mouth as he prepared another blast. Tha magical flames danced in his jaws. The second Malice realized what was going to happen. It was a second to late.

FWOOOOM BOOOM!

He unleashed another powerful blast of magic fire. The sheer force blasted Malice across the arena in a smoking heap. Laying motionless on the pale sands.

Three. Final one.

Gritting his teeth, he took a shuddered breath as he climbed to his feet. The crowds deafening roars echoed in his ears, adding to the migraine that was pounding at his skull.

"Hah... hah... Malice." He growled, ignoring the protest from his limbs. He stalked closer and closer to Malices smoking body. His throat felt like sandpaper. The rune of fire may be an effective rune to use, but using it so much... it was his only option.

Shaking his head, he stepped closer and closer, skywing guards flying overhead, slowly descending on him and his fallen foe.

"Malice." He throated raspily. His throat burned violently. Three blasts he had. Three to make it count. And he did.

"Get... get away from... me!" She snarled, shakily climbing to her feet. Her limbs wobbled and shook, threatening to give out from under her. Blood dripped out of her mouth, seeping out of cuts and slashes from their fight.

"You look like shit." Spitting out globs of his blood, earning a hiss from his defeated foe.

"You... are a walking... shit." She growled, her body pulsing in blue and white light.

Thump th-thump thump thump

Came the sound of skywing soldiers as they landed on the arena sands.

"Malice -"

"Don't... say another word to me." She growled, taking a step back away from him. The ground under her started to shimmer like a cresent with iridescent colors.

"Don't go back to her. She will only punish you -"

"She is the only family I have left!" She snarled. "Like you would know anything about family. You just push away anyone who tried to get close. You will never find family!" She roared, the glowing beam of light slowly enveloping her being.

"I want that little usurper puppet in my dungeon!" Scarlets' distant voice cried, soldiers rushing towards the duo in a vain attempt to capture her.

"Sad. Cause a bit of it is leaving right before my eyes." He spoke solemnly. A look of blind shock etched itself onto her face. Followed by a look of confused anger and shock as multiple emotions flashed over her face. The last thing he saw of her was those... gleaming cresent moon eyes.

Damnit, Malice. Why did you go down this path? 

Watching the sizzling remains in the sand, he took a heavy sigh, falling back into a sitting position with his head hung low in fatigue. Closing his eyes, he focused his senses into feeling the aches and pains in his muscles. How they contracted and stretched with every movement, shooting both blood and adrenaline through his veins.

"RIPLASH!" Opening an eyelid, the giddy female sandwing landed several tails away. Dashing over to him, followed by Falcons red body. Weaving between the soldiers, they made their way up next to him, eyeing the smoking sand before looking up at him.

"Hey..." He started. "Where are Pulse and Talc?"

Opuntia and Falcon looked at one another.

"Pulse is... fine. She is back at the meet-up spot recovering." Opuntia explained.

"But Talc... there was a lot more than we anticipated." Falcon sighed.

The job never fucking ends does it?

And there we go. Another done chapter with a fucking epic fight scene. And more twists are to be seen in the next chapter. Riplash definitely gave a good impression of a warrior to Burn and Scarlet. Who knows what they might do knowing so many capabilities of his body. 😈

Until next time. See y'all later!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

4.4K 89 21
A SpaceWing egg accidentally gets launched out into the vast lands of Space. It's journey through the black world seemed long, like a few years. But...
18.7K 288 25
'The largest egg in mountain high, will give to you the wings of sky.' We all know how the SkyWing egg was lost right? Well, in this world, what if t...
573 11 26
(cover art made by me, also this book will have strong language, Gore, violence, suicide and abuse) This story is inspired by wings of fire, legends...
292 22 25
A Wings Of Fire story that takes place in the depths of the Sky'wing Kingdom, following the story of a powerful hybrid dragonet who has to fight in t...