The Fallout

By believe45

Payton is an normal girl up until these guys start hanging out with her, but these arnt any normal type of g... More

The Fallout
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
AN
Chapter 20

Chapter 16

47 1 0
By believe45

Hannah came over this morning. She woke me up and ever since we have been sulking. No guys have been around me today, and that makes me feel a little bit better. I don't know what I would do if I encountered Waffle Nazi today. I might just explode. My feelings are so confusing. I feel so angry at him, but then I realize I am not angry at him, I am angry at myself. I am so foolish, I should have known he wasn't in to me like that. He was probably trying to be a good friend. We aren't together, he can sleep around, or do whatever he wants to do. Every time I picture him in my mind I feel so depressed. Okay, maybe I am angry at myself, but I am also angry at him. He shouldn't have done that! Ugh- see what I mean? One minute I want to slap him, and the next I want to apologize to him. He really didn't do anything wrong, but he still makes me angry. I groan and put my face in my hands. Then I feel something hit my arm and I look up and see that Hannah has thrown her spoon she ate her ice cream with at me, "Shhh! This is my favorite part!"

I shake my head at her as I look back at the T.V screen. We are currently watching The Notebook and eating ice cream. Well... we were eating ice cream. We ate it all and ran out. I sigh at the sadness of no longer having ice cream to comfort me. I look up at Hannah and she is already looking at me. She shakes her head no and I pout," Please!!"

"No no no! This is one of my favorite movies! I am not going to randomly stop watching it and go to the store with you for more ice cream!" She says.

I pout and stare at her with this look. She stares at me for a good while and then rolls her eyes, " I hate you," she mutters. When she pauses the movie I smile and grab my car keys.

"You're lucky I also want ice cream," she says.

I laugh and nod my head, "Who doesn't?"

She smiles and we make out way out towards my car. I turn the car on and Hannah fiddles with the radio station. Once we hear a sad song she frowns but leaves it on, "You know, we are hurting ourselves more by listening to this sad song."

She looks at me and sighs, " I am still going to feel depressed so what is the point?"

I agree with her and we listen to the sad song until we reach the grocery store. We step in the store and head straight for the frozen section. I hear someone familiar on the phone as we walk past an isle. I look and it was Tyler. He was talking on the phone.  Actually, more like whisper yelling. I just hurried past the isle before he could see us. I don't want to talk to any of them today. Once we get to the frozen section I look over at Hannah, " Did you see Tyler?"

She nodded her head," Yeah, I did." I nodded and stared at all of the beautiful flavors.

"So are you craving Dutch chocolate or cookies and cream?" I ask.

She looks over and says, " I want some strawberry ice cream."

I nod my head and grab a tub of strawberry. She looks at me and asks, " What about you?"

I sigh and say, " I could go for chocolate, but cookies and cream is just so amazing. You cant say no to it."

She laughs at me and I say, "Which one would you choose?"

She thinks for about two minutes and says, " That is actually super hard."

I sigh in frustration and I see a little boy with an older woman walking down the isle. He sees the ice cream and smiles so huge I thought his face would stretch out.

He talked to the older lady and pointed at the ice cream. She nodded her head and smiled down at him. The next thing I know he runs over here and examines the flavors. He puts his hands on the glass and his face plastered against it. I laugh at him and he sighs, I am guessing in the same predicament  as us.

"Excuse me? You seem to know your ice cream pretty well. Do you mind helping me deciding between chocolate and cookies and cream?" I ask the little boy.

He looks up at me wide eyes, " You can not  choose between the two! It ruins everything!"

I look at him and say, " So then what should we do?"

He smiles and says, " Get both."

I laugh and nod my head, " You're right. We might as well get both. Thank you."

He nods his head and looks back at the ice cream in front of him. I grab the two cartons and ask ,"Candy?"

Hannahs face brightens up and I nod my head, " Yes. We can get skittles."

She smiles bright and I laugh at her. We then walk, carrying tubs of ice cream. We reach the candy isle and that's when I realize that's the isle Tyler is in. I ignore his presence and walk up towards the candy. Hopefully he doesn't see us. Hannah hands me her tub of ice cream as she searches for the skittles.

" Make sure to get the original and the light blue kind, " I say. I think she nodded her head but I cant tell because I have a tower of ice cream in my hands. They are all towered on top of one another. I can barley see past them. I move my head and see Hannah analyzing  a bag of skittles while sitting on the floor, " Oh for crying out loud, Hannah. What are you doing?"

She looks up at me shocked and says, " I am making sure I pick out the right bag."

I shake my head at her and she says, " Oh don't you say anything missy! We were standing in that ice cream isle for twenty minutes because you didn't know which one to get."

I ignore her and say, "Don't forget the peanut M&Ms."

She sighs and I hear her shuffling. We must look like weirdos. I am holding three tubs of ice cream and she is sitting on the floor examining which bag of candy to get. I sigh and she rolls her eyes at me, "Do you want me to get you a bad bag of M&Ms? "

I didn't say anything and she mumbles, "That's what I thought."

I stand there watching her look at the bags carefully and I then feel a hand on my shoulder. I jump and the tub of ice cream on the top falls down. I frown and I sigh in sadness. Oh no.

I look behind me and my heart stops beating. He picks up the tub of ice cream and I give him a small smile, "Umm thanks," I mumble.

He nods his head and says, "What are you going to do with all of this ice cream?"

I didn't want to speak to him. Of course Tyler didn't come to the store alone, but why did he have to bring Waffle Nazi with him?

I looked away and see Hannah getting up from the ground with two packets of skittles and two packs of M&Ms. She sees my situation and answers for me, "To eat it, of course."

He nods his head and after a moment of silence Hannah breaks the ice, " Pay, which bag of M&Ms do you think looks better? I couldn't quite decide between the two."

I roll my eyes and look at the two bags, " You're right."

She smirks and says, "You know what this means."

I look at her in confusion, "What does it mean?"

She smiles and says, " We can not choose between the two! It ruins everything!"

I laugh and say, "I guess your right. We have to get them both. Its only fair."

She laughs at me and nods her head, "Totally."

I then remember Waffle Nazi is standing beside me and I look up at him, " Um.. thanks again." I mumble. My mood then deflates as I grab the tub from his hands. My hands brush his and I just want to hold them and never let go. What is wrong with me?! I shouldn't be feeling this way when he obviously doesn't feel the same.

I stare as our hands brush. Electricity cues the butterflies and I then look away. I blush and don't say bye as I  start to walk away with Hannah by my side. She doesn't say anything and neither do I. I just want to eat M&Ms and ice cream while watching sad movies.

What is this feeling I have? I don't understand it, It needs to go away. If he doesn't feel the same way then I need to get rid of these feelings, but how do I do that? I think as I drive home, but this time in silence. Getting over him  might end up in a total disaster but I am already in a total disaster. I need to at least try to get over him. I park the car and we make our way up my stairs. I open the tub of ice cream and ask Hannah, " How do you get over someone?"

She looks over at me and says, " How in the world am I supposed to know?"

I frown and she sighs, " I know what will help us."

"What?" I ask.

She pulls out her phone and says, "Google."

I laugh and say, "Google will not help."

She frowns and nods her head, " Yeah, I guess you're right." 

She puts was about to put her phone down but she got a text. She looked at it and frowned. I watched her and she looked up, "What is it?" I ask her.

She sighs and says, " Trevor texted me."

"What did he say?" I ask.

I hope he doesn't say anything stupid. He already screwed things up enough as it is. She then says,"He asked me if I could meet him at the park."

Maybe that means he is going to apologize to her. So I then smile at the thought of them making up and say, "Go."

"What? No... I am not going to leave you here alone. Plus, this is literately the best movie ever made," She explains.

I sigh and say, "If you don't go I will take the cd and break it, and then I will eat all of your strawberry ice cream."

She looked at me wide eyed and I gave her a challenging look, " You wouldn't dare, " She says.

I grin evilly and get up from my bed and walk towards the DVD player. I hit the button and the disc pops out. I almost pick it up but then I hear her sigh, "Fine! Just give me the cd. I don't trust you."

I give her a curious look and she walks over to me. I see her phone flash on my bed but she doesn't notice. I let her take the cd and she smiles widely, " You are easily tricked, do you know that?"

She is smiling in satisfaction and I then make a run towards her phone, "Wait- what are you doing?!" I hear her as I flop on my bed while grabbing her phone.

I unlock her phone and it was another text from Trevor saying she doesn't have to go if she doesn't want to.  I feel her jump on me and I stretch my arms away from her so she wont reach the phone. I start typing and she pokes my side. I hold my laugh in to type in one more word but when she does it again I bust out laughing.  She reaches for her phone but I slide it off the bed. She groans and I smirk in satisfaction. I then don't remember if I hit send or not.  The next thing I know I am rolling across my bed and on to the floor next to her phone. I see her giving me a look but I already hit send. I smile and she groans loudly.

I hand her the phone and she groans again, "You have got to be kidding me!"

I laugh and say, "You better get going. Don't want him to wait on you."

She stubbornly gets up and puts and puts on her flats and gives me a glare as she exits my bedroom. I laugh at her and then grab my tub of ice cream and pop the cd back into the DVD player. 

***

So far I have already ate some of my cookies and cream tub and the movie is rolling to an end. I feel a tear escape my eyes as I watch the scene before me. The end of this movie always puts me to tears. I hear my phone go off and I wonder if its Hannah. She has been gone for an hour. I grab my phone and don't look at the screen, expecting its Hannah, "Hey, how did it go?"

I get ready for her laughs because my voice is shaky from the tears, but I don't hear her laugh. I wait a couple of seconds and I still don't hear anything, "Hannah?" I ask. I wait and there is no response. I put the phone away form my ear and see that its an unknown number.

I put it back to my ear and say, "Hello? I think you have the wrong number.."

They don't hang up. I hear nothing but silence. I sigh and hang up the phone. It was probably some teenagers doing prank calls. I roll my eyes and take another spoon full of ice cream. I then look at the screen and the credits are rolling. I sigh and think about getting up and taking the disc out or if I should just lay here for another ten minutes and eat ice cream in piece. I chose the latter, plus the song that came with the credits was soothing. I pulled out my phone and dialed Hannahs number in. I listen to it ring and she doesn't pick up. I sigh and try again.

"Hey-" I hear her voice.

I cut her off and say, "Hey, where are you?"

Then I realize its her voicemail. Wow, Pay. I never thought I would actually do that. I put my phone down and just lay on my back and eat some ice cream. I then hear the door bell ring. I look at the time and wonder who would be ringing the door this late at night. If it was Hannah, she would just walk in.  If it were the boys they would just walk in like they normally do. I then feel goose bumps run up my arms. I hear the door again and I get up.

I walk slowly down the stairs with the hairbrush I grabbed from my room in my hand. I hear the doorbell again and I stand in front of it. I wait a minute before looking through the peep whole we have.

When I look through the peep whole I don't  see anyone. Maybe they went away? I then get  scared as the memories of a hand pulling me down the ocean re-appears in my mind. I quickly go up the stairs and in to my room where I left my phone. I try calling Hannah again and her voicemail comes up. I then try Trevor and the same thing happens.

Pay, you are probably just being paranoid. Take a deep breath to calm yourself down.

So I did just that. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Maybe it was some pizza guy that got the wrong address. That happens all the time. I then hear my phone ring and I don't hesitate to answer it, " Hello?"

I don't hear anything and I look at the caller ID and the same familiar unknown numbers popped up on my screen. I listen for something but nothing happens. Right before I am about to hang up I hear a noise.

It was a crackling. Almost as if we are loosing signal. The sound gets worse and soon they hang up. I look at my phone, waiting for that unknown caller to call again. I wrap my arms around my legs and watch it sitting comfortably on my blanket. I jump when I hear the door bell ring.

What's happening??

This time I don't move. Something is happening; the phone calls, the doorbell. I then hear the doorbell again.

It only rung three times last time, then it went away. Maybe its almost over. As I wait for the next ring of the doorbell my phone rings. I don't want to look at the caller ID, but what if its Hannah?

I look down at my phone and I hear a loud pound coming from downstairs. I jump at this and look at my phone to see the same unknown number. The pounding doesn't stop. I am guessing they quit using the doorbell.

I start to feel tears come out of my eyes. I grab ahold of my blanket to comfort me and then the sound stops. Now I can only hear myself crying. I hear my phone ring and I deny those same numbers. I pick up my phone and look frantically at my contacts. I already tried Hannah and Trevor. They are obviously not going to answer. I look at more of my contacts and pick the name I dread most at the moment.  What else am I supposed to do? I hear the doorbell ring again and more tears escape my eyes. He surprisingly picks up at the second ring-

"Pay?" He asks. He sounds surprised. I don't blame him, I am also surprised at my actions of calling him. I could have called Gabe, or Tyler. Why did I call him?  I hear the doorbell ring again and I cant help but think the worst. More tears are strolling down my face as I think of the possibilities.

"How far away are you?" I ask him. My voice more shaky then I would want it to be.

"Not that far. What's wrong? What's happening?" He asks me. He almost sounds worried. I kind of wonder if he truly cares.

"N-nothing.  Never mind, I shouldn't have called," I dread myself as I hear my stutter come out of my mouth. That's just great.

"No. Tell me, what's wrong?" His voice is demanding. I get chills at his tone of voice.

I sigh into the phone and I hear pounding at the door and remember the reason I called him, " Can you just come here? I'm scared." My voice comes out in a small whisper. Maybe who ever is outside my door can hear me.

" Is someone in the house?" He asks. This time I might have believed him, he actually sounds concerned.

"No, but someone is pounding on the door and I am getting phone calls from the same unknown number. Please hurry," I say.

"We are on our way. Just stay where you are. We will be there soon, Okay?" He says.

I nod my head even though he cant see it. Right when I am about to speak the lights go out and the banging stops.

"Hurry," I whisper.

I start to hear is voice but the line went dead...

********************

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait! I have been slacking a lot.

Thank you for reading The Fallout! I hope you have enjoyed this chapter!

P.S.  Sorry for the cliff hanger!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 5K 46
Emma; Your stereotypical bad girl. She: smoked, Raced & was involved in what you would say "underground fighting". Being previously kicked out of two...
1.8M 58.1K 40
❝What if I fall?❞ ❝Then I'll catch you.❞ ❝He was arrogant, obnoxious, funny, cocky, sarcastic, a know it all, a delinquent, a bad influence, yet kno...
170K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...
936K 25.4K 35
In most people eyes Samantha Brooks was as good as they came, she spent her nights studying and never bothered with boys. She never drank nor did dru...