Yugioh Arc-V: The Spirit King

By SpectrePhantomForce

Shiryu Busujima was a young boy who was oblivious to the dangers of the world. All it took was one incident... More

Bio
Prologue: Into the Shadows
Chapter 1: Tragic Origins
Heads Up!
Chapter 3: Enter Duel Academy!
Chapter 4: Escaping the Clutches of Academia Part 1
Chapter 5: Escaping the Clutches of Academia Part 2
Chapter 6: Forces Align
Chapter 7: The Pendulum Swings
Chapter 8: Sister's United
Chapter 9: Once Broken Now Healed
Nani?
Chapter 10: Requiem of the Phantom Duelist
Next Chapter On The Way.
Chapter 11: Conquerer of the Vanquished!
Guys, I need your help!: 👍
Chapter 12: Clash of the Ages: Reji VS Shiryu!
Chapter 13: ........
Announcement! New Chapter on the way!
Annoucement: Not Discontinuing this Story
Finally Conquered Highschool: New Chapter coming this Week.
Chapter 13: Revenge of the Forgotten
20K!?

Chapter 2: The Arrival of the King

1.3K 19 25
By SpectrePhantomForce

-Previously

"But are you sure Shiryu? We will be traversing dimensions and we won't likely ever come back here. Do you really want to become our host to help us defeat Z-ARC?" Mahad asks a bit seriously.

"Of course. I mean I have nothing left in this world anyways besides that pathetic excuse of an uncle." Shiryu says.

"Well....Let's go and start our new lives! If you will Zarc." Mana shouted excited about the adventures to come.

"Of course, everyone please gather around!" Zarc shouts as everyone begins doing what he said.

However as Zarc began gathering energy, something was happening to Shiryu's body in the real world.

In the Labritory

Alarms began going off as the vitals of Shiryu's body began dropping.

"W-what is this!?" A scientist yelled in shock.

"What's happening!? Status report now!" A man yelled at his science team.

"Sir! It appears that the boy's atoms in his body are dispersing!"

"What!? That's impossible! It defies every known law of science!" The man shouted, denying what he was witnessing.

"Huh? SIR! WE NEED TO ESC-"

BOOOM!!!!!

Another scientist yelled but was cut off as a huge explosion happened right in the laboratory of where Shiryu's body was held hostage.

Chapter 2

Shiryu, Mana, Mahad, and Zarc began to traverse temporal space as they head towards the Four Dimensions. Mirrojade stayed behind as he started to gather his friends.

"So guys, when are we going to cross into the 4 dimensions?" Shiryu asked.

The group sees a bright light up ahead and Mana and Mahad have a few things to say.

"Well Shiryu, this is where we sorta part ways." Mana says sadly.

"What do you mean Mana?" Shiryu asks worried.

"She means that unless you build more natural energy in your body, we won't be able to communicate with you as often like Zarc can." Mahad clarified.

"O-oh I see...Well I will gather as mush natural energy as I can to see you guys again!" Shiryu said cheerfully.

Both Mana and Mahad smiled as their silhouettes disappeared.

"Well Zarc, looks like we're on our own for awhile now." Shiryu sighs.

"It seems so Shiryu. By the way, did you watch the episodes of Yugioh Arc-V like I instructed?" Zarc asks.

"I did, so now I have a clearer picture of what to do to prevent your darkness from resurrecting. What a shitty ending that anime had." Shiryu sighs.

The light at the end of the vortex begins to glow brighter.

"Well it seems to me that we are arriving in the four dimensions." Zarc informs as Shiryu nods.

The scene shifts as Shiryu found himself in a new world.

When the light dies down Shiryu opens his eyes to see unfamiliar buildings in an ally.

After looking at his surroundings, he noticed Zarc also disappeared.

"Whoa... I guess it worked. But where's Z-" Shiryu was cut off.

"I guess it did Shiryu." the voice of Zarc spoke up as he appeared at Shiryu's side out of seemingly nowhere.

"WHA!" Shiryu cried out in surprise. "Don't do that Zarc!"

"*Laughing* Gomen, gomen." Zarc apologized. "Just couldn't help myself."

"Jerk." Shiryu pouted.

"So, which way do we head?" Zarc asked.

"You tell me Zarc." Shiryu sighs.

Before he could answer, they heard cheers to their left.

"Looks like that way." Shiryu said as he started walking with Zarc floating beside him.

"It's better then nothing I guess." Zarc said. "By the way, now that we're connected, we can also talk to me in you mind."

"Good to know, thanks." Shiryu said.

As the two exit the ally, they are greeted to a duel that is just starting.

"Hope your ready to lose!" Random Duelist 1(R.D.) yelled.

"Bring it on!" R.D.2 yelled back.

"It seems like a duel is taking place." Zarc observed.

"Thanks captain obvious." Shiryu whispered. "As much as I want to watch this, we need to find someone, remember?"

Just before they turned to leave, a voice called out making them look at the shouter.

"Show him who's boss!" a girl shouted.

Looking at who it was had allowed them to see it was the very same girl they were in search of.

"...Found her." Zarc pointed out.

"Well, that was easy." Shiryu said.

Shiryu waited for the duel to get close to the end. When he noticed something, he walked up and stood beside her, but she was too caught up in the duel to notice him.

"Who do you think is gonna win?" Shiryu asked the girl to get her attention.

She looked at Shiryu in surprise since she didn't realize he was there.

"Isn't it obvious?" she stated while pointing at R.D.1 who had just played Polymerization.

"I fuse my Frenzied Panda with my Ryu-Kisin to Fusion Summon level 5: Barox!" R.D.1 announced.

Barox

Star: *****

Atk/Def: 1380/1580

Frenzied Panda + Ryu-Kisin

"Now Barox! Attack!" R.D.1 ordered.

The monster did as told and went to attack.

"See? Told you." the girl said with a smirk on her face.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Shiryu simply said as he watched the field and R.D.2. "The other guy has a plan, which he's about play."

This caused her to look at him in confusion, but before she could ask him, R.D.2 activated a card that caused her quickly look back at the field in surprise.

"I activate the Trap Card Necro Fusion!" R.D.2 announced as the card revealed itself.

Necro Fusion

Trap: Normal

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, by banishing Fusion Materials listed on it from your GY face-down, but it cannot attack this turn.

"I banish 2 Thunder Dragon's in my GY to Fusion Summon level 7: Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon!" R.D.2 yelled.

Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon

Star: *******

Atk/Def: 2800/2100

Thunder Dragon + Thunder Dragon

"Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon! Counterattack!" R.D.2 ordered.

"No!" R.D.1 yelled.

R.D.1 LP: 1300 - 0

Winner: R.D.2

"See? Told you." Shiryu mimicked the girl as he looked at her, finding her facial expression funny.

"Ray makes that same face when she's shocked too." Zarc chuckled.

Said girl was still looking at the field in shock at what just happened. She then looked at the boy and asked one simple question.

"How?" she asked.

"Hm?" the boy responded before asking a question of his own. "How what?"

"I mean how did you know he was going to win?" she explained.

"I saw the look on his face." Shiryu answered.

"His face?" she asked.

"Even though his opponent fusion summoned, his face didn't change." Shiryu explained. "In a duel you shouldn't just pay attention to the field, but also your opponent as well."

"Oh, so you're a dueling pro huh?" she asked with a smirk and crossing her arms over her chest.

I like to think I'm pretty good." Shiryu's face and body mirroring hers.

The two keep staring at each other, until the girl holds out her hand to him.

"The names Serena, nice to meet you." Serena greeted.

"Shiryu Busujima and likewise Serena." Shiryu said as he shook Serena's hand.

"Hey, where I live isn't that far off. Want to come and play?" Serena asked.

"Sure, lead the way." Shiryu responded.

After watching the duel and fully introducing himself to Serena, the duo (trio if you count Zarc) made their way to where Serena lives.

(We were never told about her parents or life before the academy in the anime.) Shiryu thought.

(Well then, this is a good chance to see some never-before-seen backstory, right?) Zarc said.

(That is true.) Shiryu said.

"Here we are!" Serena called out, getting the male's attention.

In front of them was a big building with lots of children playing. Many of them being the same age as them, with some being younger or older by a year or two.

'You know, should have guessed that she'd be an orphan due to being a reincarnation of Ray.' Shiryu thought. 'It seems that half of the pieces ends up either with a family or an orphan. Zuzu/Yuzu and Lulu/Ruri ended up with families (or at least a dad in the latter's case) while Rin ended up an orphan in the slums. I think it's the same with the boys too. Or I guess my "brothers" now?'

(Huh? I never really thought of that, but now that I am... does that make you and them my son's?) Zarc asked.

(I am NOT calling you dad!) Shiryu snapped in his head at Zarc, who started laughing.

"Come on Shiryu." Serena said running ahead.

"Coming." Shiryu said as he chased after her.

They reached the gates of the orphanage and pushed them open. Lots of kids were running around and enjoy themselves.

"This place is kinda cool." Shiryu said.

"Thanks." Serena said. "It's not much, but it's home."

"Then I guess that means..." Shiryu said, trailing off at the end.

"I don't have parents? Nope." Serena finished as she turned to him with her hands on her hips. "Not every kid has parents, like you do."

(This girl, I swear...) Shiryu became a bit pissed at what she said.

(Now's not the time Shiryu, she's ignorant of what you went through.) Zarc reminded.

Shiryu was about to respond when they heard a commotion.

"Give it back Jerry!" a kid demanded.

Looking over, the two saw a couple of older kids (one being 2 years older and two being 1 year older than Shiryu) picking on three younger kids (by a year) by stealing the book they were share reading.

"And what are you 'babies' gonna do about it, huh?" the oldest Jerry asked in a mocking tone.

"Yeah you babies?" bully #1 asked.

"You gonna cry?" bully #2 asked.

"Augh. Great, Jerry's picking on the younger kids again." Serena scoffed.

"I take it that it happens a lot?" Shiryu asked with Serena nods.

(No matter the world, bullies are everywhere.) Zarc said with a frown.

"Please, just give it back." one of the younger kids asked. "Nee-chan said that you have to share."

Jerry's response was shoving the kid to the ground. This got the attention of the other kids in the orphanage.

"Just because she said so doesn't mean I have to." Jerry said with a smirk as his cronies laughed at the kid, who was about to start crying.

"That jerk." Serena growled as she was about to walk up to him and clobber him but stop after seeing Shiryu walk to them. "Shiryu?"

"That's enough!" Shiryu yelled at Jerry and the laughing idiots behind him.

Everyone looked at him and realized they didn't recognize him as Shiryu kneeled to check on the kid that was pushed down, making sure he wasn't hurt anywhere else.

"You okay?" Shiryu asked the kid.

The kid looked up at him and nodded. Shiryu smiled and nodded back.

"*scoff*And who are you supposed to be?" Jerry asked.

Shiryu got up and turned to the bully.

"A much better person then you, that's who." Shiryu said while crossing his arms over his chest.

"OOOHHHHH." everyone said at the burn.

"You think you're being cute?!" bully #2 snapped.

"Buddy I'm adorable." Shiryu responded with a smirk.

He had to censor the iconic comeback due to there being young children around.

"Dang..." Serena whispered, slightly impressed with the comeback.

"You trying to pick a fight?" bully #1 asked, holding up a fist.

"Please, anyone can throw a punch." Shiryu rolled his eyes. "I rather use my skills."

Jerry caught on to his meaning and smirked.

"So you wanna settle this in a duel?" Jerry assumed.

"That's right." Shiryu confirmed.

"Alright then." Jerry agreed before turning to bully #1. "Go grab some Duel Disks and decks. You know which ones."

"Yeah." bully #1 nodded with a smirk as knew which decks Jerry was talking about.

"Actually, you just need to grab one deck." Shiryu said getting their attention and everyone's surprise.

"Wait, then how are you gonna duel?" Serena asked.

"With my own deck of course." Shiryu responded as he pulled his deck holder out of his pocket.

All the kids looked at him in shock and awe. Nobody their age had a deck aside from a few.

"Whoa!"

"He has his very own deck?!"

"Just like Serenanee-chan and Asukanee-chan!"

"Nii-san is so cool!"

"Who is this guy?"

"Who cares if he takes Jerry down a peg or two."

'I didn't know Shiryu had his own deck.' Serena thought as a couple of girls walked up to her.

"Hey Serena, who is that?" girl #1 asked.

"Yeah, we saw you come in with him." girl #2 said.

"I honestly just met him not that long ago after watching a duel." Serena answered. "I only know that his name is Shiryu Busujima."

"So we have a mysterious hero." girl #3 said. "Sounds dreamy."

'The question is what type of deck is it?' Serena thought.

'*growls*Damn, if he has his own deck that means I can't give him the trash deck and humiliate him! Oh well, not like I was going to lose anyway.' Jerry thought before speaking out loud. "Okay then, guess you don't have a disk though?"

"Do you see one on me?" Shiryu asked with his hands up.

This caused everyone to laugh except the three bullies who growled.

"Whatever, just get them." Jerry said to bully #1 who did as he was told.

When he came back, he gave the deck and disk to Jerry while tossing the other disk to Shiryu. He had to lean forward to catch it.

'Jerk.' both Serena and Shiryu thought.

"Now then, since you're an outsider I'll be the one who goes first." Jerry said as he strapped the Duel Disk on.

Looking at the disk Shiryu realized something.

'The Duel Disks are different then in the anime.' Shiryu thought.

In the anime they had a shield like design body that produced a sword like blade. This Duel Disk they were using are the ones that Yusho Sakaki uses later, both body and blade.

(Maybe this is what they were meant to be, but when Leo got here, he changed them to the shield design ones.) Zarc theorized.

(That is a possibility.) Shiryu answered as he strapped the disk on his arm.

"HEY! Did you hear me?" Jerry demanded.

"Yeah, yeah, you're going first I heard you." Shiryu waved him off. "But in the end it doesn't even matter, since I'm going to win."

Serena and the three girls took the younger kids off the soon to be duel field.

"Wow, new guys pretty sure of himself." girl #1 said.

"Maybe it's all an act." girl #3 said.

"No. He's not acting at all." Serena denied, causing the three girls to look at her. 'You told me a duelist doesn't just pay attention what's on the field, but also their opponent. Well, I see someone with confidence.'

"Are you ready outsider?" Jerry sneered.

"To kick your butt? Absolutely." Shiryu said with a smirk.

"DUEL!" both boys shouted.

Jerry/Shiryu LP: 4000

Turn 1: Jerry

"The downside about going first is you can't draw." Shiryu pointed out as they drew their opening hand of 5 cards.

Jerry growled at that little reminder, but when he looked at his cards, he gave off a mad grin.

"Doesn't matter, because this duel is already over!" Jerry announced much to everyone's surprise.

Both Shiryu and Zarc blinked a couple of times at his proclamation.

(Bullshit. There's no goddamn way he's using an OTK deck.) Shiryu said.

(I agree but regardless, you should be on guard for anything he throws at you.) Zarc wisely suggested.

(Right.) Shiryu agreed.

"First I play the monster Wish Dragon!" Jerry said as a dragon type monster appeared on his field.

Wish Dragon

Star: 2

Atk/Def: 700/100

You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 2 "Dragon Tokens" (Dragon/Earth/Level 1/Atk 0/Def 0) also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except Level 5 or higher Dragon monsters. You can only use this effect of "Wish Dragon" once per turn.

Shiryu knows to never underestimate effect monsters, especially effect monsters that have low atk and def. Prime example would be The Black Stone of Legend. Seriously, a monster that you can tribute and special summon a Level 7 or lower "Red-Eyes" monster straight from the deck. Like if your opponent has powerful monsters but they have low def; use the stone to special summon Red-Eyes Archfiend of Lightning, normal summon it to gain access to its effect due to being a Gemini monster and use its effect to wipe out your enemy's field. Like Yusei Fudo said, "There are no weak cards, just how you use them".

"I now activate my dragons' effect!" Jerry announced. "I Tribute it to summon two Dragon Tokens!"

Wish Dragon turned into particles of light as tokens to the field in the shape of eggs.

Dragon Token

Star: 1

Atk/Def: 0/0

"Okay I'll bite. What are you gonna do with them?" Shiryu asked.

"This." Jerry gave a sick grin as he revealed a card from his hand. "I activate the Spell Card Polymerization!"

Everyone but Shiryu, Zarc and Serena gasped in shock.

"I fuse my two Tokens on my field and the three dragon monsters in my hand to Fusion Summon Level 12: Five-Headed Dragon!"

Five-Headed Dragon

Star: 12

Atk/Def: 5000/5000

5 Dragon monsters

Must be Fusion Summoned. Cannot be destroyed by battle with a DARK, EARTH, WATER, FIRE, or WIND monster.

"No way!"

"That's one of the strongest Fusion monsters!"

"He must have grabbed Grandma Vi's deck!"

"That's cheating!"

"Yeah, there's no way he can win against that!"

"It's really scary too."

"Well so much for him." girl #2 said.

"Is Onii-san going to be okay?" one of the younger kids asked as she and the other two clung to Serena at the sight of the dragon in fear.

"Don't you worry." Serena said getting their attention as she smiles. "Shiryu's got this. He'll make that scary dragon disappear."

Over by some doors that lead into the building, two females come out. One being a grandmother, the other being a kid that was 3 years older than Shiryu. They were the family caretakers of the orphanage, and it was time to let the kids know they had to come inside. They didn't expect a duel to be happening though.

"Isn't that your Five-Headed Dragon Grandma Vi?!" the younger one exclaimed.

"Yes, it appears so Asuka." Asuka's grandmother Vi answered as she observed the duel as well as who was dueling. "It also appears that Jerry decided to steal my deck again." Her eyes then turned to his opponent, which is when she noticed something of great interest.

"That little punk didn't learn his lesson last time!" Asuka growled. "I'm going to stop this farce of a duel."

Just as she was about to march over and do that, her grandma stopped her.

"Hold on my dear." Vi said.

"But why, the other boy will get hurt." Asuka asked.

"Look at him and tell me what you see." Vi said.

Asuka looked at Shiryu but didn't see what her grandma was getting at.

"I don't see anything." Asuka said.

"Look closer at his face." Vi instructed.

She looked again, this time at his face and saw something shocking.

"He's...?!" Asuka said shocked.

"Not so full of yourself now are you, outsider?!" Jerry sneered at Shiryu.

Shiryu said nothing as he looked at the Fusion before him.

"Aw look, he's so scared he can't even talk." bully #1 mocked.

"Maybe now you'll learn not to mess with people who are better than you!" bully #2 arrogantly said.

"...Is that it?" Shiryu asked.

This single question caused everything to go silent. All the kids look at Shiryu and see something more surprising than the dragon fusion monster.

Shiryu wasn't intimidated nor was he scared of the monster before him. In fact, he was completely unimpressed and glaring at it.

"W-What?" Jerry asked, taken aback from Shiryu's attitude.

"You think just because you have a powerful monster on your field you automatically win the game?" Shiryu asked rhetorically. "Wrong."

"Of course I win!" Jerry snapped at Shiryu. "The duelist with the strongest deck and monster always wins!"

"That may be true sometimes, but as a skilled duelist once said, 'A good duelist is ready for anything and that means not just knowing how to use all their cards but knowing how to play them too'." Shiryu said, quoting Zane/Ryo from Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

'Sound advice.' Vi thought with a smile.

"What does that even mean?!" Jerry yelled.

"It means you don't know the first thing about using that deck, if it even is yours to begin with." Shiryu said, causing Jerry and his cronies to flinch. "Let me make it clear for you; since it's the first turn, you can't use your monster to attack me and now I can use my cards to get rid of it, leaving you wide open."

Once again, the trio flinch at seeing that he was right.

"But instead of explaining it, why don't I just show you." Shiryu said as he reached for his deck. "I draw!"

Turn 2: Shiryu

Looking at his hand, Shiryu had Fallen of Albaz, Branded Opening, Guardragon Justicia, Return of the Dragon Lords, Springans Kitt and his drawn card being Polymerization.

(Not a bad hand to start with.) Zarc complemented as Shiryu grinned.

"I have just the plan to win." Shiryu said.

"HA! Like you have anything to beat my Dragon." Jerry said arrogantly.

"Then you better pay close attention." Shiryu said before grabbing one of his cards. "I'll start by playing the Spell Card Branded Opening!"

Branded Opening

Quick Play Spell

Discard 1 card, then take 1 "Despia" monster from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or Special Summon it in Defense Position, also for the rest of this turn after this card resolves, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Fusion Monsters. If a Fusion Monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card from your GY instead. You can only use each effect of "Branded Opening" once per turn.

"By sending one card in my hand to the GY, I can choose to either add 1 Despia monster to my hand or special summon it to the field in defence position from my deck." Shiryu explained the cards effect as he discards Dragon Lords. "And I choose the second option! So everyone, please give a warm welcome to Aluber the Jester of Despia!"

Aluber the Jester of Despia

Star: 4

Atk/Def: 1800/0

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Branded" Spell/Trap from your Deck to your hand. If a face-up Fusion Monster you control is destroyed by battle, or leaves the field because of an opponent's card effect, while this card is in your GY; Special Summon this card, and is you do, negate the targeted monster's effects until the end of this turn. You can only use 1 "Aluber the Jester of Despia" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

Aluber appeared on the field and bowed to the kids, causing the younger ones to cheer. Jerry didn't seem impressed.

(Greetings master.) Aulber cackled while Shiryu smiled and noded.

"And what's that lame clown gonna do? Make me a balloon animal?" Jerry asked mockingly.

"Or is he gonna do a party trick?" bully #2 mocked.

"Oh he's gonna show you a trick alright." Shiryu grinned. "When Aluber is normal or special summoned to the field, I can add 1 Branded spell/trap to my hand from the deck!"

The touch screen showed him the spell/trap cards that he was able to choose from.

"The card I choose is the spell card Branded Fusion!" Shiryu announced as he showed the card.

Branded Fusion

Normal Spell

Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster that mentions "Fallen of Albaz" as material from your Extra Deck, using 2 monsters from your hand, Deck, or field as Fusion Material. You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Fusion Monsters, the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Branded Fusion" per turn.

"A fusion spell card, huh?" Jerry scoffed. "Go ahead and use it. Doubt you have anything as powerful as my dragon."

"First off; not really YOUR dragon is it." Shiryu reminded him. "Secondly; unlike you, I know how to use and play my cards."

"I still don't know what that means!" Jerry snapped.

"Then let me show you what it means." Shiryu said. "I play Branded Fusion! With this spell, I can fuse monsters that are in my hand, field OR deck!"

"Did you say 'deck'?!" Jerry exclaimed in shock.

"No way!" bully #1&2 exclaimed.

They weren't the only ones who were surprised to hear that.

"The deck?!"

"I've never heard of a fusion card doing that before!"

"Fusing from... the deck..." Serena repeated what she just heard in shock with eyes wide open.

"From my deck I fuse Fallen of Albaz and Incredible Ecclesia, the Virtuous to Fusion Summon Level 8: Albion the Branded Dragon!" Shiryu proclaimed.

Albion the Branded Dragon

Star: 8

Atk/Def: 2500/2000

Fallen of Albaz (plus) 1 Light Monster

If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can Fusion Summon 1 Level 8 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, except "Albion the Branded Dragon", by banishing Fusion Materials mentioned on it from your hand, field, and/or GY. During the End Phase, if this card is in the GY because it was sent there this turn: You can add to your hand or Set 1 "Branded" Spell/Trap directly from your Deck. You can only use each effect of "Albion the Branded Dragon" once per turn.

As Albion took his place on the field, everyone looked at it in awe.

(It brings me great pride and honor to fight by your side master Shiryu.) Albion exclaimed while Shiryu responded in thought, 'No the honor is all mine that you all have chosen me to lead all of you into battle."

"So what if you fusion summoned." Jerry said. "It's nowhere near strong enough."

"Who said I was done?" I asked him.

"Wha?" Jerry asked.

"I activate Albion's effect!" Shiryu yelled. "When he's fusion summoned I can fusion summon a level 8 or lower monster by banishing monsters from my hand, field or GY!"

"Another fusion summoning?!" girl #1 exclaimed.

"But without a spell card?!" girl #2 exclaimed.

"I know about contact fusion, but this?!" girl #3 exclaimed.

"And something tells me he's nowhere finished yet." Serena said.

"The monsters I choose to banish is Fallen of Albaz in my GY and Aluber the Jester of Depia on my field!" Shiryu said. "I Fusion Summon Level 8: Lubellion the Searing Dragon!"

Lubellion the Searing Dragon

Star: 8

Atk/Def: 2500/3000

Fallen of Albaz (plus) 1 Dark Monster

If this card is Fusion Summoned: You can discard 1 card; Fusion Summon 1 Level 8 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, except "Lubellion the Searing Dragon", by shuffling Fusion Materials mentioned on it into the Deck, from your monsters on the field, Gy, and/or face-up banished cards. For the rest of this turn, this card cannot attack, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Fusion Monsters. You can only use this effect of "Lubellion the Searing Dragon" once per turn.

Now it was time for Lubellion to make his appearance.

"Whoa, look at that thing!"

(Greetings master, do you happen to have any chocken with you? I'm starving....) Lubellion asked while Shiryu sweatdroped.

'Um... I don't have any at the moment but I'll see what I can do.' He replied.

"Lubellion's effect activates!" Shiryu yelled. "Just a heads up, it's like Albion's."

"Don't tell me it allows you to fusion summon AGAIN?!" Jerry snapped.

"That's right!" Shiryu confirmed. "By discarding 1 card in my hand (sends Guardragon Justicia to the GY), I can fusion summon 1 level 8 or lower monster by sending monsters back to the deck that are on my field, GY AND/OR face-up banished monsters."

"Your BANISHED monsters?!" Jerry shouted.

"I choose both my banished monsters to Fusion Summon Level 8: Masquerade the Blazing Dragon!" Shiryu announced.

Masquerade the Blazing Dragon

Star: 8

Atk/Def: 2500/2000

1 Despia monster (plus) 1 Light or Dark monster

While you control this Fusion Summoned card, your opponent must pay 600 LP to activate cards or effects. If your opponent controls a Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Monster, while this card is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card, but banish it when it leaves the field. You can only use this effect of "Masquerade the Blazing Dragon" once per turn.

(Greetings master! Did you happen to see my bucket of chicken legs by any chance?) Masquerade asked while Shiryu recalled to what Lubellion said, 'Well based of what Lubellion asked me earlier, I think he ate it.'

(God damn it Lubellion!! I told you to lay off of my chicken!)

(Hey! You can't blame me because you're chocken tastes the best!)

(For the last time it's pronounced chicken you pathetic metalloid lizard!) The two bickered while Albion, Shiryu and Zarc sweatdropped.

However, in everyone else's perspective, three powerful dragons now stood on Shiryu's field, all staring down the enemy. Everyone was looking at Shiryu in awe.

"He did so many back-to-back fusions." Asuka gasped.

"He certainly is a strong one for a youngster." Vi said with a smile.

"So what if you can fusion summon multiple times!" Jerry snapped. "Their still weaker than mine!"

"For now." Shiryu said with a smirk as he held up a card. "I normal summon Fallen of Albaz!"

Fallen of Albaz

Star: 4

Atk/Def: 1800/0

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned (except during the Damage Step): You can discard 1 card; Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using monsters on either field as Fusion Material, including this card, but you cannot use other monsters you control as Fusion Material. You can only use this effect of "Fallen of Albaz" once per turn.

And just are you going to do with that weakling?" Jerry sneered.

(Ready to put this asshat 6 feet under master?) Albaz asked Shiryu while glaring at Jerry. 'You bet I am Albaz.' Shiryu responded while grinning like the devil himself thinking how Jerry will react to Ablaz's effect.

"*smiles* I activate Albaz's effect!" Shiryu announced. "When this guy is normal or special summoned, by discarding a card in my hand (discards Polymerization), I can fusion summon using him and (points at Five-Headed Dragon) any monsters that are on YOUR field!"

Everyone's eyes widened when they heard that.

"YOU/HE CAN DO WHAT?!" Jerry and his pals screamed.

"Using another person's monster to fusion summon?!" girl #2 exclaimed.

"Isn't that the same as that one spell card?!" girl #1 asked in shock.

"But that can only be given to the students at Duel Academy!" girl #3 responded.

"I fuse my Fallen of Albaz with your Five-Headed Dragon to Fusion Summon my ace monster,

From the depths of time and space rise the dragon who's roar is primordial ice incarnate! I fusion summon! Descend! Level 8: Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon!" Shiryu roared.

Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon

Level: 8

Atk/Def: 3000/2500

Fallen of Albaz (plus) 1 Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, or Link Monster

You can only control 1 "Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon". Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can send 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck to the GY that mentions "Fallen of Albaz" as material; banish 1 monster on the field, also this card cannot use this effect next turn. If this Fusion Summoned card in its owners control leaves the field because of an opponent's card: You can destroy all monsters your opponent controls during the End Phase of this turn.

(Nice to see you again young master Shiryu.) Mirrojade greeted while Shiryu smiled and responded, 'Glad to have you back Miro.'

Gone was, in terms of pure power, one of the strongest fusion dragon monsters in the game. Just like that and with such ease too. Everyone was too stunned to speak. Even the air itself was silent. Until one of the younger kids looked at Serena.

"You were right Serenanee-chan, Nii-san made the scary dragon disappear!" she said with a smile.

Serena couldn't respond to her, as her focus was on Shiryu.

'No way... I've never seen a monster do anything like that before!' Serena thought in shock. 'Shiryu... just who are you?'

Jerry was looking at Mirrorjade in disbelief. He then looked at his disk, trying to understand what the hell just happened.

"...W-W-What...?" was Jerry's only response/question.

"This is knowing how to play your cards." Shiryu said.

"N-No way." Asuka gasped.

"This young man is far better than I thought." Vi said, surprised herself.

"Th-There's no way." bully #1 denied.

"I-It can't be." bully #2 denied.

"Like I said before, I used my cards to leave you wide open." Shiryu reminded the bully. "And now, to end this. Albion attack him directly!"

Albion launched a fire ball at Jerry, snapping him out of his shock.

"Ahhh!" Jerry yelled in surprise.

Jerry LP: 4000 - 1500

"Now Mirrorjade, finish him off with Primordial Ice Stream of Destruction!" Shiryu ordered.

The crystals around Mirrorjade shot off lasers at Jerry, wiping out his life points.

"Gha!" Jerry cried out as he fell on his back.

Jerry LP: 1500 - 0

Winner: Shiryu

Everyone was silent, not even the wind made a sound. Serena was speechless at what she just saw.

'I've never seen someone duel like that before...' Serena thought.

Soon everyone began to cheer and applause. They began to crowd around Shiryu, parsing and asking him all sorts of questions.

"That was so cool dude!"

"Who taught you to duel like that?"

"Your dragons looked awesome!"

"Can you teach me Onii-san, please?"

"Ah..." Shiryu didn't know what to say.

(Looks like your popular now.) Zarc said with a chuckle at the end.

While all this was happening, bully #1&2 were helping Jerry up, who shoved them off him in anger.

"No fair! You cheated!" Jerry accused Shiryu.

At this accusation, everyone stopped and looked at Jerry. The younger kids looked confused while the same age too older kids looked at Jerry in disbelief/disapproval.

"Oh? And how did I cheat exactly?" Shiryu asked, calling Jerry's bluff. "Please tell me, because if I was cheating as you said then wouldn't the disk done something?"

"Your duel disk was faulty!" Jerry said, trying to make up an excuse.

"Your pal is the one who got them." Shiryu countered. "Unless that was on purpose."

Over to Vi and Asuka watching this.

"Really? He losses and now he's throwing a temper tantrum." Asuka scoffs.

Vi says nothing as she begins to walk toward the three bullies.

"Let it go Jerry."

"Yeah, you lost."

"Quite being a poor sport."

"No! No! No! NO!" Jerry wined as he stomped his foot. "I'm older than you, so I'm the one who was supposed to win!"

"Age was nothing to do with it." Shiryu said. "I was just smarter than you. Besides, you throwing a hissy fit isn't helping your case."

(BURN!) Zarc yelled even though no one can hear him but Shiryu.

Jerry's whole face went red in anger. Bully #1 was about to say something until #2 tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention when he looked, #2 pointed behind them. Turning around #1 sees Vi standing behind them, wearing the grandmotherly 'I am very disappointed in you' face while looking at them.

"U-Um... J-J-Jerry..." bully #1 stutterers.

"Shut up!" Jerry snapped at him without looking. "Give me your deck!"

"And why in the ever-loving heck would I do that?" Shiryu asked with narrow eyes, once again censoring himself.

"Because I said so!" Jerry yelled. "A powerful deck like that should be in the hands of a talented duelist like me!"

(This pathetic snob can't be serious.) Zarc deadpanned.

Then just as Jerry takes a step forward, some of the boys that are the same age as him stand in front of Shiryu.

"That's enough Jerry."

"You lost fair and square."

"So back off right now."

"You think you can stop me?!" Jerry demanded. "I RULE THIS ORPHANGE! NOT YOU IDIOTS! ME! AND NONE OF YOU ARE GETTING IN MY WAY!"

"I think THAT is quite enough of that, Jerry." Vi said coldly.

Jerry's rage drops straight down as his eyes widen in fear. He slowly turns his head back. (Cue door creaking open sound)

"G-g-grandma V-Vi?..." Jerry stutters in fear.

"I see you haven't learned your lesson from the last time you were making trouble young man." Vi stated.

Jerry couldn't speak he was so afraid.

"I also see you had your friend steal my old deck again." Vi said.

Said boy flinched.

"And to top it all off," Vi continued "not only did you start a duel without proper observation of a parental figure nearby but after you lost you threw a tantrum and tried to take your opponent's deck. All because you couldn't handle losing."

Jerry looks down to the ground.

(Damn! Grannies ripping into him.) Zarc said with Shiryu nodding.

"You three are suspended from dueling of any kind for two weeks." Vi said. "If I find out you are dueling or cause anymore trouble, the suspension will increase. Am I clear?"

"Yes Grandma Vi." The bullies said.

"Good. Now go to your rooms and put that duel disk where it belongs." Vi ordered. "I will come get you when dinner is ready."

The three headed back inside the building after Jerry returned the deck. Vi then address the rest of the children with a warm grandmotherly smile.

"As for the rest of you, I think we've all have had enough excitement today." Vi said. "Back inside now everyone."

The children all being heading back inside as well, all talking about the duel that happened. Some stayed behind long enough to give some final comments.

"Never seen dueling like that before man, not even from adults."

"Hope to be as good as you one day."

"Man... looks like I got a ways to go before I'm on THAT level of skill."

"Bye-bye Nii-san."

"Please come back again soon, Onii-san."

Soon the only ones left were Shiryu (and Zarc), Serena, Asuka and Vi.

"Welp... that was fun." Shiryu said as he took off the disk and handed it to Vi. "Sorry about all the commotion. I just can't stand bullies like them."

"Oh, it's quite alright deary." Vi said as she gave the disk to Asuka. "It just shows how kind of a person you are."

"Who are you anyways?" Asuka demanded.

"It's quite rude to demand someone's name without giving your own first." Shiryu said. 'Huh, never thought I'd met the Arc-V version of Asuka so soon.'

"Back off Asuka." Serena said with a glare.

"Asuka that is enough." Vi scolded.

"But Grandma Vi" Asuka tried to argue.

Vi gave her a look that shut her up.

"I apologize young man. My gran daughter means well, she just takes her job very seriously is all." Vi said.

"Grandma Vi!" Asuka wined with a blush on her face, causing Vi to giggle.

"My name is Vi Tenjouin, caretaker and owner of this orphanage." Vi introduced herself. "And as I said before, this is my grand daughter, Asuka Tenjouin."

"Hello." Asuka greeted.

"And I'm guessing you've already met young Serena-chan." Vi stated.

"Wouldn't have gotten here otherwise." Shiryu shrugged. "My name is Shiryu Busujima. A pleasure to met you ma'am." *bows*

"My aren't you just proper." Vi said with a smile. "Your parents raised you well."

'And now to hammer the nail in the coffin.' Shiryu thought with a twinkle in his eye that no one but Zarc saw.

(What are you talking about?) Zarc asked with worry.

(I'll get back to you on that.) Shiryu answered as he stood up with a 'frown' on his face.

"Yeah... they taught me all they knew while they could." Shiryu said 'sadly'.

This caught all the present female's attention.

"What do you mean Shiryu?" Serena asked.

"My parents..." Shiryu took a moment to look away for effect "aren't around anymore."

The three gasped, knowing what he meant. Zarc was able to piece it together what his partner was doing.

(Really? Are you sure about doing this?) Zarc asked with a concerned look.

(We are homeless and broke. Also the fact that it's entirely true so I won't feel guilty.) Shiryu thought. (Plus, we need to keep close to Serena and gain her trust. This will take out three cards with one move.)

(...Touché. Carry on.) Zarc admitted.

Speaking of said girl... she was having a flash back.

Flashback

"Not every kid has parents, like you do."

Flashback End

'OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE!' Serena screamed in her thoughts. 'I can't believe I said that! I just assumed he had them! I got to apologize somehow!'

While Serena was having her little inner freakout, Vi looked at Shiryu with sympathy.

"Oh you poor boy." the older women said. "How long ago?"

"A year now." Shiryu answered 'sadly'.

Asuka was looking at him in shock and guilt.

'He probably came here because Serena told him about the orphanage and wanted a home.' she thought. 'And here I was trying to shoo him away. I'm the worst!'

"Well, guess I should be going know." Shiryu said as he turned towards the gate. "It was nice meeting you all. Especially you Serena."

Hearing her name caused Serena to snap out of it and watched the boy walk away along with the other two.

(Um... didn't you say the plan was to stay at the orphanage?) Zarc asked confused.

(Wait for it in 3... 2... 1...) Shiryu said as he counted down.

"WAIT, SHIRYU!" Serena called out.

(Zero.) the boy said with a sly smirk.

(Ooooh. You're good.) Zarc complimented.

Shiryu turns back to Serena.

"Please Granny! Can't you let him stay?" Serena begged.

"Yeah Grandma Vi!" even Asuka begged her.

"Of course he can have a home here." Vi said. "I would never turn a child that had no where else to go away."

Vi looked at Shiryu.

"But it's not up to me. Only if Shiryu accepts." she said.

The other girls looked at him, hoping he says yes.

"Well, if it's not too much trouble. Then I'll gladly take your offer, Grandma Vi." Shiryu said with a smile.

"Yeah!" both the young girls cheered as Shiryu walked back to them.

"Wonderful! Now all we need is to find you a place to sleep." Vi said.

Hearing this Serena shoot her hand in the air.

"Oh! Oh! He can sleep in my room!" Serena said excitedly. "There's no one else sleeping in the extra bed."

"What?!" Shiryu asked shocked.

"She Is the only one that doesn't have a roommate." Asuka said.

"Now that's a fine idea." Vi agreed while smiling at Serena. "Thank you, Serena-chan."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold on a sec!" Shiryu said, waving his hands in front of him.

The three females looked at the male.

"W-Wouldn't that cause some problems?!" Shiryu asked.

"What problems?" Asuka asked.

"I'm a boy and she's a girl!" Shiryu said. "Two people of different genders, sleeping in the same room together?!"

"So what?" Serena said with a shrug. "Not like anything's gonna happen."

Shiryu could only stare at the dismissive girl in shock with his jaw open.

(Ray was the same way at her age.) Zarc pointed out. (When we were kids and whenever one of us was at the other's house when I took a bath, Ray would barge right in and join me without a care.)

(NOT HELPING ZARC!) Shiryu snapped in his head.

(Well, you're the one who said we needed to stay close to her and gain her trust.) Zarc reminded him. (Can't get much closer than roommates, right?)

Any and all arguments that Shiryu had were ignored, so he had no choice but to agree to the rooming placement. Afterwards, Vi told all the children at dinner that Shiryu would be staying with them, much to all of their happiness except the three bullies. When dinner was finished, everyone was back in their rooms for the night. Due to not having PJs of his own, Vi gave Shiryu some to wear. Now the boy was laying in his bed, staring at the ceiling in his shared room with the fusion piece of Ray, who's bed was the opposite of his and was currently laying in it.

(Today was certainly eventful.) Zarc said.

(Yeah, no kidding.) Shiryu agreed.

Getting Isekai'd, meeting Serena, and having a real-life anime duel! It certainly was a crazy day.

"Hey Shiryu?" Serena called out to the boy.

Sitting up to look, Shiryu sees Serena sitting up in her own bed.

"Yeah, what's up?" Shiryu asked.

The young girl looked down at her covered lap.

"I'm...sorry about what I said before." Serena apologized.

"What about?" Shiryu asked.

"That you have parents." Serena said. "I didn't know that you were just like me."

Shiryu was silent for a few moments but responded,

"Well, it's not exactly something that can easily be said or brought up in a conversation, right?" Shiryu said smiling, trying to ease the girls worries. "Don't worry about okay Serena."

Serena looks at him and nods while smiling herself.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Thanks Shiryu." Serena said smiling. "Goodnight then."

"Night Serena." Shiryu said.

Afterwards both children laid down to sleep. While he drifted off, Shiryu had one final thought.

'Even though my past was extremely rough, holding onto it will only burden me for who I can be. It's better to move on.'

'However, I'm gonna make sure you and your sisters are saved Serena. I promise you all that I will not fail you like I did my sister.' Shiryu thought. 'Operation Ray Recovery starts now!'

TO BE COUNTINUED...

A/N: Hello readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter because my mind rotted 43 times writing it.

See you all in Chapter 3: Enter Duel Academy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 125 13
( Diaboilk Lovers x Male Oc ) This is a story about five adopted brothers who has a miserable in they're childhood always treated badly and never be...
831 13 18
(If there are any concerns about this story, like in how it's told or plot Questions, feel free to message me and Kk try to clarify! I'll do whatever...
26.3K 626 74
This story is a Yuto x Yuya one. It's about them overcoming problems and sticking together through thick and thin. Will they be able to be together...
696 14 22
They met under a timed circumstance. Can they regain what was never lost, but covered up? The part lengths will vary, so please bear with me (origina...