Yugioh Arc-V: The Spirit King

By SpectrePhantomForce

Shiryu Busujima was a young boy who was oblivious to the dangers of the world. All it took was one incident... More

Bio
Prologue: Into the Shadows
Chapter 2: The Arrival of the King
Heads Up!
Chapter 3: Enter Duel Academy!
Chapter 4: Escaping the Clutches of Academia Part 1
Chapter 5: Escaping the Clutches of Academia Part 2
Chapter 6: Forces Align
Chapter 7: The Pendulum Swings
Chapter 8: Sister's United
Chapter 9: Once Broken Now Healed
Nani?
Chapter 10: Requiem of the Phantom Duelist
Next Chapter On The Way.
Chapter 11: Conquerer of the Vanquished!
Guys, I need your help!: 👍
Chapter 12: Clash of the Ages: Reji VS Shiryu!
Chapter 13: ........
Announcement! New Chapter on the way!
Annoucement: Not Discontinuing this Story
Finally Conquered Highschool: New Chapter coming this Week.
Chapter 13: Revenge of the Forgotten
20K!?

Chapter 1: Tragic Origins

1K 17 19
By SpectrePhantomForce

Previously-

"W-what are you?" The boy fearfully asks.

"My name is Mirrorjade the Iceblade Dragon, child." The creature answers back.

"M-may I call you just Mirrojade? The rest just sounds like a mouthful." The boy questions nervously.

The giant dragon just chuckles.

"That is fine young one. Besides, your name is Shiryu Busujima right?"

Shiryu: Yes, that's my name but how do you know my name and why have you brought me here?"

"My, my, so many questions you have. Well for starters I've been watching you for a while now Shiryu. I sensed that you harbor deep hatred toward your captors. Why?" Mirrojade asks Shiryu as he answers back.

"I hate these people because they not only took everything from me but they also killed Nunally! My own sister! Why did she have to die!? I should have died in her place because she never deserved any of this!" Shiryu began crying as Mirrojade came toward the boy and gently picked him up."

"Neither did you deserve any of this as well Shiryu, my advice is to not hold onto this darkness of yours for long because if you do it will only deceive and consume you."

"What are you talking about? And how do you know this?"

"A friend of mine suffered because his own darkness ran rampant on his entire world and eventually destroyed everything. However, a brave girl with 4 very powerful weapons sacrificed herself to seal not only her but my friend's darkness away as well.

"What happend to her and happened to this guy you spoke of?"

"Well I happen to somehow be alive but not in the way you'd expect." An unknown voice broke out as Mirrojade and Shiryu turned and saw a man with long silver hair and bangs with green highlights in his hair. However, his most noticeable feature were his bright golden eyes.

"Who're you?" Shiryu questioned

"I'm the person of subject you were just talking about. As for my name, it's Zarc and I will tell you my past."

Chapter 1

Shiryu and Mirrojade gaze at a man who's form looks etherial; almost making him look like some sort of spirit or ghost. 

"You said your name's Zarc? How exactly are you alive?" Shiryu asks curiously.

"Well.....It's complicated." Zarc sighed. 

"Im surprised you're here yourself Zarc." Mirrojade says.

Zarc: "Well from our perspective, this boy seems really promising."

Shiryu: "Our?"

"Zarcy here means us Shiryu!" A new voice spoke in.

Shiryu, Mirrojade and Zarc looks to their right and see two silhouettes. 

"Hello! My name is Mana and this right here is my old friend Mahad!" Mana waved.

"Nice to meet you Shiryu." Mahad smiled and greeted.

"Mana and Mahad too? Well isn't this a surprise... to think all of you were thinking the same of my future master here." Mirrojade admitted. 

"Wait future master? What are you talking about Mirrojade?" Shiryu asks confused. 

"Well.....It's better if I tell you the whole story. Be prepared because it's a long one." Zarc sighs. 

Flashback

No POV

"Chaos......" 

That was just one word, to sum up what was happening. The world was at one point at peace, that is until one person went mad with power. This person's name is Zarc and he has become a demon. Zarc was once a benevolent pro-duelist that wanted to bring entertainment by doing tricks whilst dueling. However, one day there was an incident, Zarc had accidently hurt his opponent after landing the final blow in a duel... and the crowd cheered. This would be the start of Zarc's dark downfall as he gave the people what they wanted. More and more duelists became injured and almost killed dueling Zarc, until eventually, Zarc decided EVERYONE would be his opponent. He fused with his duel dragons: Odd-Eyes Dragon, Starving Venom Fusion Dragon, Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, and Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon, thus becoming Supreme King Z-Arc. He started going on a rampage all over the world, killing anyone and destroying anything that got in his way. Anyone who looks at the dragon king would call him nothing but evil.

"What's wrong humans? Didn't you all want a more brutal duel? HAHAHAHA!" Supreme King Z-Arc laughed.

However, what no one knew is that inside of this demon's mind was an entirely different story.

(Stop it you bastard! Leave them alone!) ? demanded.

(Aw what's wrong Zarc? Isn't this what you wanted? To be the strongest? The best?) Supreme King Z-Arc asked.

(NO! You know very well that I never wanted to become the strongest like this!!)" Zarc yelled.

(Well too bad because I did! HAHAHAHA!) Supreme King Z-Arc taunted his prisoner.

(Damn you!) Zarc grunted.

Yes, Zarc had not completely turned evil. It was just his Darkness that took his body for itself while trapping Zarc and his light within.

(You can struggle all you want; it won't change a thing!) Supreme King Z-Arc sneered.

Zarc clenched his fists in frustration; realizing he's unable to do anything to stop the demon he created from killing innocent people.

As much as he hated to admit it, his Darkness was right. He couldn't do anything... at least right now. He realized that all he needed to do was to wait for the right moment. Luckily for Zarc, the right moment was here.

"ZARC!"? yelled.

The beast turned its head to the voice that called out and saw a girl with long maroon and dark red hair.

(Ray?!) Zarc gasped. (What's she doing here?!)

"Well, well. If it isn't little Ray. What do you think you're doing?" Supreme King Z-Arc asked condescendingly as it turned its 'body' to her

"I'm here to stop you Zarc!" Ray answered while deploying her duel disk.

Supreme King Z-Arc looked at her for a few seconds before bursting into laughter.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Supreme King Z-Arc laughed. "Now that's a good one! You, beating me! HAHAHAHAHA!"

"Yes, I will!" Ray responded, unflinching.

"And how do you plan on that?" Supreme King Z-Arc sneered at the girl.

"With these!" Ray answered as she placed four cards on her disk and then put her right arm up.

The four cards then appeared bigger over her head. A bright glow then shone from them.

"What is this? What are you doing?!" Supreme King Z-Arc demanded. "ANSWER ME!"

Ray didn't say anything as energy began to flow into the cards. The energy that came from the flowers, wind, birds, and moon.

(HA! Looks like Ray and her dad came up with a plan to beat you Z-Arc.) Zarc smirked.

"Ray no! Don't do this!" a man called/begged.

(Professor Leo?) Zarc asked.

Leo Akaba, Ray's father, ran towards the stairs that led up to Ray, but he ran into a barrier of light that stopped him and knocked him to the ground.

"Ray no! Those cards contain all the forces of Nature! Your body can't withstand all that energy! Stop it Ray please! You aren't going to survive!" Leo begged her again.

Ray said nothing as four bracelets appeared on her arm. The jewels in their center glowed brightly.

Z-Arc started to feel the effects of the Natural Energy Cards. He could feel the four dragons used to make his Supreme King Z-Arc form being ripped out of him.

"AS IF I'D LET YOU GO THROUGH WITH IT!" Supreme King Z-Arc yelled as he raised his arm to attack.

Seeing as all his darkness's attention was on Ray, Zarc knew this was his chance.

(I won't let you! That is ENOUGH!) the boy yelled as light exploded from him.

(NANI?!) the being of darkness shouted.

Outside the monster, the Akaba's saw the dragon lift its arm.

'No! I just need a little more time!' Ray said.

"RAY!" her father cried out.

Just then, light exploded out of Z-Arc and freezing it in place.

"Im-Impossible!" Supreme King Z-Arc grunted in pain.

"What..." Leo started.

"...is this?" Ray finished.

The light took the form of chains, wrapping themselves all over Z-Arc. (Think Terra from Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragment Passage)

Just as the Akaba were wondering what was going on, they saw a figure of light take shape. As it took form its arms were stretched out at its sides. When they saw the face, both of their eyes widened.

"ZARC?!" the daughter and father yelled in shock.

"Hurry Ray!" Zarc told her. "Whatever it is you're about to do, do it fast!"

"W-Wait, Zarc? Is that really you?" Ray asked, lowering her arm.

"I'm sorry, for everything Ray!" Zarc said. "I messed up and allowed all this to happen!"

"How is this possible?" Leo asked as he looked at the dragon. "Isn't Supreme King Z-Arc you?"

"No, he isn't!" Zarc answered. "It's my Darkness that gained a will of its own!"

"You're Darkness?" Leo gasped looking back at him.

"Damn you Zarc!" Supreme King Z-Arc snarled. "I thought you didn't have any strength left! I thought showing you all the destruction would cause your will to waver; your light to be swallowed into the darkness!"

"Then I guess we really ARE two different people then Z-Arc!" Zarc smirked as he looked at the monster over his shoulder before turning back towards Ray. "Now hurry! I can't hold him back much longer!"

"But these cards were meant to target the evil inside you." Ray said looking down. "If there's still light then..."

"It doesn't matter?!" Zarc snapped, causing Ray to look back up at him in surprise. "You have to stop him, no matter what!"

"But you'll be lost to the void!" Ray shouted with tears in her eye's.

"Ray..." Leo said saddened for his daughter but hoping she doesn't use the cards.

"If that is my punishment for letting a monster like this to be created, then so be it." Zarc said.

Ray gasped before her hair shadowed her eyes. Z-Arc began to chuckle.

"That's right. If you do anything to me, then little Zarcy here goes bye-bye too!" Supreme King Z-Arc smirked.

"...I'm sorry." Ray said with her eyes still shadowed.

"No, I'm the one who's sorry Ray." Zarc said with a small smile. "I hope we can meet again someday."

Ray then lifts her head up. Tears running down her face but with eye's full of determination as she throws her arm back up into the air, allowing the energy to be unleashed.

"NOOOO!" Supreme King Z-Arc screamed, trying to break free.

It was too late however, as a burst of light energy pulled not only the dragons out of Z-Arc, but also split him into four pieces as well. Sadly, the same happened to Ray too. When the little died down, Zarc found himself alone in a void. Zarc looked down at to see he still had his cloths on thankfully.

"Well, that's good at least." Zarc shrugged to himself. "Won't have to be a naked Spirit floating in the endless void for the rest of eternity."

Zarc then sighed, his shoulders slouching.

"This is going to be boring." Zarc sighed as he leaned back with his arms behind his head. "Oh well. Might as well get comfortable."

"I wouldn't suggest that." an unknown voice said. "Seeing as we won't be here for very long."

In his surprise, Zarc started looking all over where the voice came from, and he ended up floating upside down that led for him seeing behind him. Standing there were two tanned skinned people, one a man carrying a sceptre the other a young girl holding a rod, dressed in some old fashion clothing. Zarc blinked at them before waving.

"Ah... Hello?" Zarc said with uncertainty.

"Hi!" the girl said as she waved back.

"Greetings Zarc." the man nodded while using his scepter to spin Zarc back upwards.

"Thanks. So... you are you and how did you get here?" Zarc asked.

"Of course. My name is Mahad, and this is my friend, Mana." Mahad introduced himself and her.

"We got here by using our powers as Duel Spirits." Mana said.

"Duel Spirits are real!" Zarc gasped.

"Yes. You could hear your cards speaking to you, correct?" Mahad asked with a small smile.

"Whoa. Okay... but why are you here?" Zarc couldn't help but ask.

"For you Zarc." Mahad answered.

"Me?" the duelist asked.

"Yes, for you see. Your battle is not yet over." Mahad said.

"My battle? With who?" Zark asked.

"With your Darkness." Mana said.

"No, Z-Arc is done for." Zarc said before becoming sad. "Thanks to... Ray."

"The fight my be over for now. But the war isn't." Mahad said, getting Zarc's attention.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"The other you isn't gone." Mana said while trying to find the right phrase. "It's just... asleep. In the souls of your counterparts."

"My... 'counterparts'?" Zarc asked with an eyebrow raised and a head tilt.

"Allow me to explain." Mahad said as he waved his scepter.

The void suddenly lit up as star appeared around them.

"WOW!" Zarc awed.

"You're going to thinking that a lot soon." Mana giggled.

He then noticed four Planets.

"What are those?" Zarc asked.

"Those are the four dimensions that your friend created using the Natural Energy Cards." Mahad answered.

"WHAT?!" Zarc asked.

"Yup!" Mana said. "Normally their separate, but we showed them together to make things easier for you. They're the Standard, Fusion, Synchro and Xyz dimensions."

"Why are they called that?" Zarc asked.

"Because that is the worlds that your dragons were based on." Mahad answered.

"My dragons?" Zarc asked before realizing what he meant. "Ah! You mean?"

"That's right!" Mana said. "Odd Eye's is a standard monster. Starving Venom is a fusion monster. Clear Wing is a synchro monster. Finally, Dark Rebellion is a Xyz monster (Picture each dragon when they are mentioned). The people of these worlds can only summon using the summoning their worlds are based on."

"Not only were the dragons separated but your Darkness and friend was as well." Mahad continued.

"What do you mean?" Zarc asked.

"To make sure your dark self doesn't return, the cards split Z-Arc into four quarters of itself, trapping each one, based on your appearance, in a different dimension." Mahad started to explain. "But to ensure that the pieces can't find one another, they need a watcher."

"A watcher?" the boy asked.

"Someone to keep an eye on them." Mana said.

"That is where your friend come into play." Mahad said.

"Ray? You mean she's..." Zarc asked.

"Alive? In a sense." Mahad answered. "Her spirt pieces are stored in the bracelets that her counterparts hold. Her body on the other hand was split up like yours was and was reincarnated so to speak."

"Does she have her memories?" Zarc asked.

"Her spirit pieces, yes. Her counterparts do not." Mahad answered.

"Also, normally no one can cross into the other dimensions." Mana pipped in.

"Alright. So, what's the problem then?" Zarc asked confused. "It sounds to me that evil me can't get to the other worlds."

"I did say 'normally'." Mana said.

"Yeah, so?" Zarc asked.

Mahad, instead to answering him, simply waved his scepter again. Bring them to the Xyz Planet and arriving in a beautiful city. (Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V Heartland City) As Zarc looked around, Mahad started talking.

"This is Heartland City, in the Xyz dimension." Mahad said.

"It beautiful." Zarc said.

"Yes, it is." Mahad agreed. "For now, that is."

"What do you mean?" Zarc asked while turning to him.

Once again Mahad said nothing as he waved his hand. The scene around them blurred until...

"What... the... fuck?" Zarc asked, horrified at what laid before him with wide eyes. The once beautiful city turned to ruins (Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V Heartland City Ruins).

"This is Heartland 14 years from now." Mahad said with sadness in his voice.

"W-Why? What happened?" Zarc asked.

"They did." Mana answered pointing, also saddened.

Zarc looked to where Mana was pointing, seeing a duel between two men in progress. One was dressed in ragged clothing having two monsters on his field, while the other was dressed in military clothing having two of the same monsters on his field as well as a face down card in his spell/trap zone.

"A duel?" Zarc asked.

"Watch closely." Mahad advised.

"I now take my two dinosaur monsters and build the overlay network!" the ragged duels said. "I Xyz summon Rank 4: Evolzar Dolkka! Now I'll attack your Ancient Gear Hound."

"Ha, nice try Xyz trash! I activate my trap card Mirror Force! Your monster is destroyed!" the military smirked.

The Xyz monster exploded into pixels, causing the guy to growl.

"I place two cards face down and end my turn." he said.

"My turn. Draw!" military grinned like a savage. "Those cards you placed are useless to you, just like your pathetic Xyz monsters."

"Shut the hell and make your move already!" the Xyz duelist snapped.

"Alright then. I activate the Spell card Polymerization!" the military called out.

"He's what?!" Zarc asked. He turned to look at Mahad to ask but Mahad held up his hand to stop Zarc. He looked the duelist in the eyes and shook his head. Zarc understood and turned back to the duel.

"I fusion my two Ancient Gear Hound Dog's on the field with the one in my hand to Fusion summon Level 7: Ancient Gear Triple Hunting Hound!" the military announced. 

A three headed mechanical dog took the field. It growled at the Xyz user.

"Battle!" the now reviled Fusion user called out. "Triple Hunting Hound, attack directly! Also, you can't activate any Spells or Traps when he attacks!"

Xyz user LP: 2800 - 1000

"One more thing..." the Fusion user gave a sickening grin. "My monster can attack up to three times per battle phase."

"Crap!" the Xyz user shouted.

"Triple Hunting Hound! Attack again and end this!" the fusion commanded.

The monster leaped at the Xyz user again

"Ghaaa!" the Xyz user cried as he landed on his back.

Xyz user LP: 1000 - 0

Winner: Fusion user

Now that the duel was over Zarc turned to the two and asked his question.

"I thought you said people can only use the summoning method of the respected world and that can't reach the other dimensions?"

"Like I said, normally that is the case." Mana said. "But if someone was able to find a way to do it then..."

"They could travel to the other dimensions." Mahad finished for his student.

"I guess that makes sense, yeah." Zarc relented. "But why show me that duel?"

Before they could answer him, Zarc heard the Xyz user causing him to turn back.

"No please! Stop!" he begged.

"Now why would I do that?" the Fusion user sarcastically. "Not when I went through all the trouble."

"But why?!" he shouted. "Why are you doing all of this?! What's even the point of hunting us down?!"

'Hunting them down?' Zarc thought a little put off. "What does he mean by that?"

"Keep watching." Mahad said, without any expression in his voice.

"The reason?" the Fusion user asked with a head tilt and a grin on his face. "Because it's fun, that's why."

The Fusion user then held up his duel disk and pushed a button on it. A bright purple light shined and when it died down, the Xyz user was gone.

"Hey, where'd he go?" Zarc asked.

"Look at his feet." Mana instructed in a sad voice.

Zarc did what he was told and saw a card.

"A card?" Zarc muttered as the Fusion user picked it up.

"And that's another one carded." He smirked.

Zarc was able to see the picture on the card and he was horrified. The Xyz user from before was on it.

"He... He turned him into a card." Zarc looked at the two. "Why? How?"

"To answer that question, we must go back to the start." Mahad said as he waved his hand.

In a flash of white, they had arrived in a park. Zarc looked around and saw everything was fine. Nothing was destroyed.

"This is the Standard Dimension, in our current age point." Mahad explained.

"You mean, as of right now?" Zarc asked to which Mahad nodded.

"But why are we here?" Zarc asked.

"Because of him." Mana answered as she pointed to the side.

The human turned to see an old face.

"Leo Akaba?!" Zarc gasped.

Standing there was the man himself, looking around him in a confused state.

"After the dimensions split apart, Leo Akaba ended up here in this one." Mahad explained.

"Why?" Zarc asked in confusion.

"Think of this dimension as a less technological version of your old one." Mahad answered him.

"But..." Mana started to say getting Zarc's attention. "Even though he survived, parts of that world became suppressed memories. Like the ones of his daughter."

"Really?" Zarc said feeling sorry for the man.

"Yes, but over time he began to remember everything about what happened." Mahad continued. "Which is what leads us too what you saw."

"What do you mean." Zarc asked. "How is Ray's father involved?"

"When he reclaimed all his memories, Leo Akaba makes it his personal mission to capture the counterparts of his daughter and combines them to bring her back." Mahad said.

"Which will lead to war between the four dimensions." Mana added.

"No..." Zarc whispered until he realized something. "Wait, what would happen to Ray's pieces? If they're their own person with their own minds and souls, what happens to them?"

Mana looks away with a face of sorrow, while Mahad closes his eyes as if he's preparing himself before speaking.

"They will cease to exist." Mahad said.

Zarc's eyes widened in horror.

"N-Nani? You mean... They'll die?! But why?! Why would Leo do something like that?! To kill four girls that are no different then his own daughter?!" Zarc demanded.

"Because to him... they AREN'T his daughter." Mana explained getting his attention. "To him... they aren't real people, just four girls that are copied pieces of his TRUE daughter, that need to be put together so she can come back. Like a puzzle."

Zarc is horrified at what he hears as he turns to look at said man.

"He knows he can't do it himself, so he plans to gather an army to carry out his dirty work for him." Mana continues. "He figures out how to travel to the other dimensions, ends up in the Fusion dimension, lies to them about making a utopia for all the dimensions, makes them invade the other dimensions with Xyz being first, has them turn the people into cards to fuel his machine that will fuse Ray's counterparts together which he has people looking out for and when they find her sends someone to capture her."

"But in doing all this, he is unknowingly paving the path towards Z-Arc's resurrection through your counterparts. Only this time you won't be there to stop it." Mahad finished.

Zarc continues to look at the man who will soon bring terror to the dimensions as he clenches his fists, then turns towards the Duel Spirits.

"How do we stop him?" He asked.

"Sadly, we can't stop him from starting his plans, but we CAN intervein in the middle of them." Mahad explained.

"But you can't do it the way you are now." Mana said.

"Why not?" Zarc asked with a head tilt.

"Did you forget that you're a spirit now too?" she asked.

"*Blinks* Oh right." Zarc responded.

"Yes, but you wouldn't be the first to be in a situation like this." Mahad said. "Our master was the same way. All we need is to find someone to be your host."

"Wait what?! I don't want to possess someone!" Zarc exclaimed.

"Oh no, it's not possessing!" Mana hurried to explain. "It's more like... sharing a body! The person you choose is still in control, you're just 'moving in' so to speak."

"Your souls will be united, but still separate individuals." Mahad cleared up a bit more.

"*Sighs* Oh, that's what you meant." Zarc sighed in relief. "Be more clear next time."

"I'm sorry." Mana bowed.

"Now with that out of the way..." Mahad said as he waved his scepter allowing the area to light up, bring them back to their starting point, just without the Planets. "We must find you a partner that has a solid deck build."

"Why not use my deck?" Zarc asked.

"You haven't noticed?" Mana asked him

"Noticed what?" he asked back.

The girls only response was pointing at his deck holder... or rather lack of one. When the duelist looks, he freaks out.

"What the?! Where's my deck?! Where's my cards?!" Zarc asks as he searches his whole body. (Picture him patting all over his body)

"I afraid they were destroyed when the dimensions became four." Mahad explained.

Upon hearing this, slumps down.

"Aw man..." Zarc moaned.

"If it makes you feel better, you're not the one who's actually dueling." Mana said trying to cheer him up. "Hence finding you a partner that's a duelist in the first place."

"And it would be better if they stick with the deck they know best, then to switch it with one they don't." Mahad added with some wisdom.

"That is true I guess." Zarc admitted as he stood up. "But who are you going to choose? Someone from the four dimensions?"

"We were thinking, a little bit further out." Mana said cryptically.

"Huh?" Zarc asked.

"Zarc, there are more dimension then just the four you saw." Mahad answered.

"Really?!" Zarc said shocked.

"Yup! Some even stronger than you or Z-Arc put together." Mana said with a giggle.

"That's cool to know, but it doesn't answer my question." Zarc pointed out.

"I was just getting to that." Mahad said. "In these other worlds, dueling is at a higher level then it is here. There are even monster types you've never heard of before. Different summoning and Extra Deck summoning's."

"Really?" Zarc asked.

"Yeah! There're so many duelists out there." Mana added. "And we have a way of narrowing it down for you."

"How so?" he asked.

"Simple. We just need the type of deck you want, if they use the extra deck, the gender of the duelist plus any characteristics they have. Stuff like that." Mana explained.

"That's... a lot of things to list." Zarck said with a sweatdrop.

"Then perhaps we should take it step by step." Mahad suggested. "Starting with the gender."

"Oh, that's easy! A guy for sure!" Zarc said without hesitation.

Mana then got in his face.

"What do you mean 'a guy for sure'?! Why not a girl, huh?!" she demanded with an angered pout to which he answered with one word.

"...Bathroom." Zarc answered, his cheeks getting a little pick.

Hearing that answer Mana backed off, her own face becoming really red.

"O-Oh... that's a REALLY good reason... sorry." Mana apologized.

Mahad clears his throat to get their attention, even though he has a slight smirk.

"Yes, now since that is cleared up. Any preferred typing?" Mahad asks.

"Well... since I don't have my dragons anymore... know any good dragon decks that uses the extra deck well?" Zarc asked.

"A few come to mind." Mahad answered. "Now the most important thing; your partner for this journey."

Zarc crossed his arms to think about this.

"He has to be someone who understands how I feel. I want my partner to be someone who's kind and empathetic towards people. " Zarc listed off.

"Those are some pretty good qualities!" Mana agreed. 

"Anything else?" Mahad asked him.

"Not really. I'd rather see my choices and choose from there." Zarc said.

"Are you sure?" Mana asked.

"Better to see them in person and how they act in real life then on paper right?" Zarc said.

"Fair enough." Mahad said. "Then let us see what the dimensions have in store shall we."

The three were encased in a ball of light that took them from the void and sent them to find a promising partner for Zarc.

Flashback End

"And that's how it went. A couple weeks later we met Mirrojade and a few other dragons and warriors. We spent a good year searching for hosts suitable to my criteria until we stumbled upon you Shiryu." Zarc finishes his story as Shiryu looks at him with teary eyes.

"Wow...and here I thought I had it rough...How do you do it Zarc?" Shiryu asks.

"Huh? Pardon? Do what Shiryu?" Zarc asks puzzled about what Shiryu is asking. 

"I-I mean how do you deal with your inner demon?" Shiryu manages to get out before he starts crying.

"I mean....every waking moment, I think of my sister who was merciless tossed aside by those people like some broken toy. The same people took my family, life, and everything I knew...I-" Shiryu can't take it anymore as he starts sobbing as Mana embraces him in a hug caressing his head. 

"Oh you poor boy....Don't worry, we will never leave your side." Mana says softly as she continues to hug Shiryu as he begins to calm down after a few minutes. 

As Mana continues to hug Shiryu, Zarc starts talking.

"......I'm sorry Shiryu....I never managed to deal with my inner demon....as anyone will likely ever will. It's something we all have to cope with until we accept it as apart of ourself. However, finding out how to actually accept it will we truly ever be able to cope with it." Zarc states while clenching his fists. 

"I-I see....Thank you Zarc." Shiryu thanks Zarc as he begins understand the meaning of what he said.

(I understand....To truly erase our pasts is impossible....it's something we have to live with but if we learn to accept our past, only then we will be able to cope with what we both went through.) Shiryu muses to himself.

"So..." Shiryu began as he and Mana separated from their hug. "When do we leave?"

"Huh?" Everyone else including Mirrojade asks puzzled.

"I mean, all of you were searching for a host for the past year right? I'm more than happy to become your host...if you will have me that is..." Shiryu says a little shy.

".......Of course welcome to the family!" Mana screamed and she hugs Shiryu again as Mahad and Zarc smile and as for Mirrojade....

A/N: How do I describe when he's happy?

"But are you sure Shiryu? We will be traversing dimensions and won't likely ever come back here. Do you really want to become our host to defeat Z-ARC?" Mahad asks a bit seriously. 

"Of course. I mean I have nothing left in this world anyways besides that pathetic excuse of an uncle." Shiryu says.

"Well....Lets go and start our new lives! If you will Zarc." Mana shout excited about the adventures to come. 

"Of course, everyone please gather around!"  Zarc shouts as everyone began doing what he said. 

However as Zarc began gathering energy, something was happening to Shiryu's body in the real world. 

In the Labritory

Alarms began going off as the vitals of Shiryu's body began dropping.

"W-what is this!?" A scientist yelled in shock.

"What's happening!? Status report now!" A man yelled at his science team.

"Sir! It appears that the boy's atoms in his body are dispersing!"

"What!? That's impossible! It defies every known law of science!" The man shouted denying what he was witnessing. 

"Huh? SIR! WE NEED TO ESCAPE NO-"

BOOOM!!!!!

 Another scientist yelled but was cut off as a huge explosion happened right in the laboratory of where Shiryu's body was held hostage.

Meanwhile, Shiryu, Mana, Mahad, and Zarc began to traverse temporal space as they head towards the Four Dimensions as Mirrojade stayed behind as he started gathering his friends

What will happen to the newly found companions as they arrive in the four dimensions? Stay tuned!

-to be continued 

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 572 21
Yukina Kurogane was just a regular 18 years old Senior High School student. In normal daily life it was just boring to her, but on her free time She...
67.3K 2.1K 40
OMG so I got this idea to write a story and really wanted to do it so here we are ig... I'm not gonna start this story right away cause I'm going on...
15.6K 815 19
College student, Yuuta Omori is a gloomy kid who has only 3 friends. One day the school hottie, Ryouta Oyama, bumped into him causing a huge scene. E...
35.7K 508 14
Enter the world of Y/n L/n a 16-year-old childish teenager who hangs out with friends Yuya and Yuzu and does weird things that will either surprise e...