Falling For Her Enemy [Book #...

By jj31030

Book #5 of the "Falling" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #50 in Romance 2024 #69 in Enemies 2024 #... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Final Author's Note

Chapter 16

2.4K 86 4
By jj31030

Landon's POV
Kai's back at it again. The incessant banging of the headboard. His grunts. The breathy moans and cries from the girl he's with.

He's been at it all night. I came home late last night to him fucking some chick, and he hasn't taken a break since. At this point, he's got to be an alien.

I get out of bed because I know sleep is out of the question. And I hop in the shower instead. The water will drown out whatever kinky shit is going on in his room.

Feeling refreshed from my shower and somewhat awake, I wrap a towel around my waist and open the door to the bathroom.

My room's right across from the bathroom. But the sex noises in Kai's room has stopped and I'm curious to see who he's brought home this time.

The door opens and out walks Kai. He's in his boxers, a satisfied expression on his face. He stretches and yawns, before winking at me when he sees me.

I roll my eyes and bring my attention back to his bedroom door just as the last person I'd expect walks out of it.

Harper.

Everything hits me at once. Regret. Anger. Hurt. Confusion. She freezes when she sees me. It's obvious from her shocked expression that she didn't know I was Kai's roommate.

My eyes fall down her small frame. She looks like she just had sex. Her curls are frizzy, her face is flushed, and she's wearing nothing but Kai's lacrosse jersey.

I don't know who I want to murder first. Him or her.

I had no right to be jealous. I knew that. I'd given Kai the okay to pursue her. I just never thought she'd actually sleep with him.

"Landon," she murmurs shakily.

I walk away. I don't want to hear anything she has to say. It will just bring me right back to what she had been doing with Kai in his room just moments before.

The thing that fucking sucked the most was that I wasn't just jealous of Kai, but I hated him for sleeping with her.

He got to kiss her. Taste her. He now knows what she sounds and looks like when she's had an orgasm. Hell, he probably even got to hold her after the fact.

I slammed the door to my bedroom closed only for the door to open and close a second later.

I don't turn around. I know who it is. "Why the fuck are you here?"

"I didn't know he was your friend."

I scoff. "Right. Does your boyfriend know you've spread your legs for another dick?" I grow angrier by the second, the next words out of my mouth even harsher than the last. "You know what? I hope you get every fucking disease Kai has."

"Fuck you."

"Fuck you!" I shout back, turning around to finally face her.

She flinches in response, eyes wide in surprise. Her eyes lower to the floor. "I didn't do it to get back at you. I did it to get back at him. Miles... cheated on me."

She's sobbing now. For a sliver of a moment, I want to grab ahold of her and wipe away her tears. But then I'm reminded of who's jersey she's wearing.

"I could care less."

My words hit a nerve. She says nothing and leaves. I don't chase after her. Chasing after her meant I cared and I didn't. Not even a little bit.

****

I was confronted by Kai in the living room. He stood in front of the TV, refusing to move. He wants to know why I haven't said a word to him all day.

I bring my beer up to my lips and take a swig. I wasn't in the mood to deal with this shit. But unfortunately for me, Kai is a persistent motherfucker. So I don't really have a choice.

"Why didn't you tell me you like her?"

My eyes splice to his. "I don't fucking like her. I can't stand her."

He crosses his arms over his chest, unconvinced. "Right, because you mope around like a sad ass puppy dog for someone you hate."

I don't miss the sarcasm in his voice. "Fuck off, Snake."

He remains where he is. "I'm not doing shit until you talk to me."

"What the fuck is there to talk about?" I say, raising my voice.

"Everything? The truth for one."

I rise to my feet. I'm no longer interested in the hockey game I was watching. I head for the kitchen. He follows.

"I wouldn't have fu-" He corrects himself when he sees the murderous look on my face. "-slept with her had I known you cared about her."

"I don't care about her," I growl. "Stop putting words in my mouth."

"You're lying, Landon. You've never acted this way about any girl. Ever."

I set my beer down and head for the exit. I don't want to have this conversation anymore. Kai doesn't follow this time. I walk out, slamming the door so hard, it echoes throughout the neighborhood.

I get in my car and I start the engine. I have no destination in mind, but for reason, I end up at my parents' house.

An airy laugh fills my ears. The universe really had to be fucking with me now. Out of all of the places I could have gone, I end up here. And to an empty home at that.

I park my car in the driveway and type in the code to get in. The code's my birthday. Pretty fucking ironic considering my parent's were in Africa during my last birthday.

I haven't been here in months, and I don't know why I'm here now. But I keep walking. The light's on in the kitchen. Not sure whether or not I need to tackle a possible burgular, I cautiously make my way into the kitchen.

I freeze. Definitely not a burgular.

"Mom?" I question in surprise, my voice cracking.

She looks up from the envelopes in her hands and smiles. My heart swells. "Hey, darling."

I'm confused, but also so unbelievably happy to see her. "Aren't you supposed to be in New York?"

She sighs, setting down the envelopes in her hands. "Yes, but your father and I got into an argument." My eyes zero in on her ringless hand. She notices what I'm looking at and subtly puts her hand behind her back. She clears her throat. "And besides, I really missed my boy."

The smile I give her is small. She's not the best mom in the world and she knows that. But at least she's trying. At least she's here.

"Is uh, dad here?"

"No. He's still in New York."

I release the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I don't think I could bear to hear him tell me what a failure I am.

"I don't know when he'll be back," she continues. "Nor do I care."

I don't miss the bitterness in her tone. Whatever happened with my dad, it sounds like she's finally opened her eyes and realized what a piece of shit he is.

Good for her.

"Hey. Come here." She motions me over, arms outstretched.

I nearly race into her arms. And as soon as I'm in her embrace, I feel myself relax. She plants her lips on my forehead, holding onto me. I'm so much bigger than she is, but damn do I feel like such a baby.

"You look like hell, darling. What's wrong?"

Harper comes to mind. I will it to go away and the image of her vanishes like a bad dream.

"Nothing," I say.

"You definitely inherited your father's ability to lie." She pulls away from me and I miss her already. I watch her take a seat on the barstool. "Sit." She pats the seat beside her. "I won't have a liar for a son."

I take a seat.

"Now be honest with me. What's wrong?"

There was so much I wanted to say. I hated my father. I missed her. I can't look at my friend without seeing Harper. And I can't look at Harper or even think about her without wanting to rip my fucking heart out of my chest.

"I don't want to feel, mom," I admit.

Her face wrinkles with concern. "What do you mean?"

This was all I wanted from her. To listen. Now was my chance to finally get everything I was feeling off my chest. Without any booze to numb my feelings or women to distract me. So I take the opportunity that presents itself after all these years and I tell her everything. And I don't hold back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456K 9.4K 55
Platinum Blonde hair, aristocratic features, cold hands gripping her thighs, sweet nothings, vulgar words and moonlit eyes showing how badly he would...
1.1M 18.4K 43
HIGHEST RANKS EVER: #4 in #ENEMIES (2021) #1 in #ENEMIESWITHBENEFITS (2021) #1 in #HUMOR (2020) #1 in #BOYFRIEND (2021) Sometimes in an unproductive...
151K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...
98K 1.5K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...