Captured by aliens (It was hi...

By ATallFennnec

Sean found an alien ship and ended up on a different planet, as one does. He escapes them and tries living in... More

1. Into the ship
2. Out of this world (literally)
3. Captured
4. Escaped
5. Surviving the wild
6. Hunting
7. Caged again
8. The call
9. Figuring out eachother
11. Finally well fed
12. Gained Toru's trust
13. The mirror
14. Treating Toru
15. Recovering from the lamp
16. Checking up on Toru
17. Some good food
18. Getting Toru some new stuff
19. Untangled hair
20. A good scare
21. Watching Tv
22. A tablet kid
23. The twin
24. Socializing Toru
25. Alone in the room
27. Increasingly bored
28. An earful from Tegnuk
29. A small improvement
30. A bit of a shocker
31. Going to the kitchen
32. Could Toru be a pet?
33. A chill evening
34. Toru understands words?
35. Stressed
36. Toru goes on a trip
37. Trapped in a new cage
38. Toru messed up the equipment
39. New things for the room
40. New things to test out
41. The new ball
Another setback, sorry 😬

26. A couple clients

384 11 1
By ATallFennnec

Tegnuk's perspective:

Everyone agreed to let Toru be for a while so it would chill out and they could figure out what had happened.

Tonuk went to his office to start reviewing footage of Toru and figure out more of its expressions and what it liked and not.

He went to clean up around the place, while Ri went to the kitchen to help cook more food for the Turos.

Just after cleaning, two new clients arrived, so he went through the normal process, introducing himself and the Turos and getting their info to check his history with other pets.

He called Tonuk over and he had met one of them already and, since they were already qualified, he sent the Tonovo to his office to wait for a moment while they checked the other client's info.

This is important since Turos have a tendency to get sick or hurt easily, this is mostly because they're prone to overheating easily, despite the cold, along with very rough playfighting, so it's important for owners to know first aid and a lot of other stuff.

They confirmed the new Tonovo were qualified, though it she didn't have any experience with Turo, so Tonuk went over to help check.

After a while of talking, Tonuk and the client went to his office to finish up on their qualifications, while he was accompanying to learn more of the process.

They saw that Toru had finally come out of its room and was walking around the place.

The client asked about it, so Tonuk showed him off briefly, really just its name and explaining that they were helping taking care of it until someone proper could research it and where its from.

Directly after this, Toru started trying to push through and they let it go, at which point Tonuk went into his office with the client to do a final interview before letting them start seeing what Turo to adopt.

While waiting for the interview to be over, hearing the questioms and for what he should ask next time, so, while eavesdropping, he went over to see what he could help out with.

He went over to the storage room to clean up, since that place was always full of dust and loose fur all around, even though he made sure to sweep often.

He noticed that some things were moved around and that the door wasn't locked, but after a quick check, nothing was missing and he started cleaning.

The interview finally ended with one of the clients and so, Tonuk and the client agreed on meeting up at a later day until they had all the equipment ready to adopt.

They walked out together and saw that Toru was moving stuff around in the schedule, so, the client nudged it off the desk lightly before they could stop them.

This was a bad look they were going to take note of this for another interview next time, but at least Toru didn't react too negatively, though they did confirm how it looks like when it's afraid.

This was fairly clear as Toru went under the desk to hide and had its arms crossed to protect itself, along with a quick heartbeat, compared to the usual.

They wanted to approach, but they decided against it and let it calm down first.

Tonuk went back to his office to finish up some documents with the other client, while he stayed back to watch the Turos.

He noticed that now, Toru had come out from under the desk and was now staring at him, still with that same fearfull expression.

He felt pretty bad about it and played back the memory of meeting it, noticing that it also had the same expression, a frown and tense mouth.

He realized that maybe this was why it got mad and then went to hide; it was afraid of him.

It was time to feed the Turos, so he decided to take the opportunity to build up a better bond with it by giving it some food.

He fed the Turos like normal, but for some reason Toru made an odd expression at him, which it had made when it was getting smelled by the Turo and Ri, which left him confused as to what it could be.

Before he could continue trying to figure out what it could mean, he noticed that Toru had moved again, without even touching the meal, which was weird since it had eaten the same food happily before.

He noticed that one of the Turos was playing with it by mimicking its movements, though he noticed that it had a more pronounced fear expression now.

Before he could figure out how to help it out, the other Turos surrounded it and introduced it to their tribe, which was pretty adorable, even though he knew Toru wouldn't understand what it was about.

Unfortunately, now Toru had a different expression, with wider eyes and raised eyebrows, so, another emotions to figure out.

Thankfully, it managed to get away, now calmer it seemed.

He watched it go to Tonuk's office, from which the other client finally came out, and thankfully it didn't notice Toru.

He walked the client out, as they had also gotten permission to adopt a Turo later on.

He went into Tonuk's office, where he saw Toru stand up in a chair next to Tonuk, which they both found adorable how it liked to stay next to him and follow him around.

Tonuk was chatting with one if his friends, though he did notice fairly quick that his stripes from the winter were coming in already, which he was going to ask him about for how he managed it.

For now though, he let Tonuk finish his call, so while he waited, he went over to chat with Ri, who was also looking for something to do after cooking.

They chatted for a while, mostly just about how adorable the Turos were, as well as how they had accepted Toru with them, so they should work on helping Toru get used to the Turos.

They tried chatting about finding out Toru's emotions and what expressions meant what, but Ri couldn't help with much since Toru didn't let him check its emotions by smell and he couldn't remember its expressions too well from before.

Finally, Tonuk ended his chat and they went over to ask him about anything he found while reviewing footage.

Tonuk found out that it showed either happiness or curiosity by making what looked to be the lower half of a circle with its mouth and squinting its eyes.

The sad part of this was that it didn't seem to do this too often, though there still was a chance that it was for curiosity and it was happy more often, since they were trying to find out what a completely relaxed and straight mouth and eyebrows meant.

They were hoping for the best, but at least for now, Toru seemed fairly relaxed, as now it was sitting down with slumped arms on an arm chair, looking down and with its eyebrows pulled closer together.

Though it wasn't just bad news, as Tonuk then explained that his friend, Gint told him that in some days, a machine they had back at their research center was going to finally be free, and they could use it to find out even more about Toru.

Mainly, using its genes to see how it grows and its natural behaviours and other things.

It would be pretty interesting to see how Toru's species develops and to see at what stage of life it was at.

For now though, they didn't have much else to say about Toru, so instead he started chatting with Tonuk about his fur care routine and on personal advice of his own on getting stripes sooner.

This was until Ri smelled something weird, which he smelled before back when Toru had ran away to the room.

They discovered that it was water leaking once again from its eyes, which weirded them out but also worried them.

They were once again confused as to why this was happening, since before they had thought that it could be a delayed reaction from eating something it shouldn't, like with that fruit from a while back.

But now it was a lot slower, and when Tonuk reached over to pet it for comfort, it pushed his hand away, so now they were unsure as to why this was happening, since it was now a lot calmer it seemed, as opposed to before.

Though now, Ri had an idea, which was that maybe they were also meant to show certain emotions, since the same scent from before, when it ran away, was back.

Fun fact:
Tonovo fur changes depending on the season to match how the trees look, for camouflage, hence the stripes.
The reason for the stripes is that to deal with the cold from the winter, the trees make a thick shell at the bark, which is red with black stripes, unlike its usual dark red which matches the Tonovo fur color.

Along with this, they also gain a lot of fat as a way to insulate, though this change is seen most prominently on their tails, which bassically double in size, and develop a lot of blood vessels to work as a pillow and as a way to share warmth more effectively.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 5.4K 80
Y/N L/N is of the hundreds of residents of the mothership from Earth, the Resolute, and she descends to space with her mother and father after passin...
120K 3.5K 55
Jackus hasn't had a good life. Having been shattered time and time again by those he once called parents, he has accepted his role in life. A nobody...
127K 2.9K 24
Aliens are real. They infested Earth in hope to find their "mate". They call themself the Matters. **************************************************...
14.3K 849 46
!! Sequel to In Search of Home. If you haven't read that, you'll be a little confused! !! After the humans invaded - somewhat; it was his fault, real...