Stronger Together | George Ru...

By writingforyoo

"If you die, I will die with you, because life without you is not worth a second." More

prolog
01 - awake
02 - visitor
03 - sunrise
04 - statement
05 - travel
06 - mother
07 - opening
09 - stars
10 - taxi
11 - publication
12 - incident
13 - memories

08 - chosen

326 14 0
By writingforyoo

Annabelle

The two kissed and thus sealed their marriage. The ceremony was beautiful and the wedding vows were very emotional, so much so that I even shed a tear or two. Lari and Tim looked proudly at their parents and had big smiles on their faces, but there were two people who were even happier, namely Benjy and his new wife. 

Amid loud applause and flowers being thrown, the couple walked through the rows towards the ballroom.

"It was beautiful," I enthused as George and I slowly stood up to follow the other guests.

"Yes, it was," he said and looked proudly at his brother before turning back to me, "Someone even got a little emotional in the end."

I looked at him in horror, even though I knew he was also on the verge of crying with emotion. The whole ceremony was just perfect and now George's humor and lightness, that was exactly what I needed in my life so that I no longer had to think about other things.

"Says the one who almost cried himself."

I gave him a cheeky wink as I stepped into the flower-covered aisle and linked arms with George. He pushed a loose strand of hair behind my ear and leaned down to it.

"No, no, I won't cry until we're both standing there in front and you're reading your vows."

I couldn't answer that and I couldn't look at him either because I was so excited after hearing those words and rockets were flying in my stomach. George said those words with such conviction that I was sure I would marry this man one day. 

At the moment it was far from being thought of, but the idea of one day standing there with him was no longer an illusion, but a clear image in the future. We got to the ballroom just in time as Benjy and his wife began their speech. 

The setting sun shone perfectly through the large windows and the two of them made a beautiful picture. Lari and Tim stood tensely with Alison and Steve to the side and also listened to the two of them. After everything was said, music began to play and the newly married couple began their first dance. 

Another emotional tear rolled down my cheek and this time George noticed it, so he pulled me even closer to him. After the first song had faded, the bride took her father and Benjy grabbed Lari and Tim while the other people also streamed onto the dance floor.

"Thank you for being here with me today," George whispered, pulling me even closer to him by my waist.

We slowly moved to the quiet song, my eyes locked on his. I've been lost in this green since day one and always wondered how someone could have such beautiful eyes. I felt George move closer to me, but placed his head to the side of mine so that our cheeks were touching. 

Sighing, I lingered like this for a few moments before I laid my head against his shoulder and breathed into his neck. George's hands moved from my waist to my lower back and he folded his arms behind me, pulling me even closer to him.

"I love you and I am sorry for all my mess."

I murmured these words quietly, but George heard them and gently stroked my hair.

"Stop darling. Don't think about this, not today."

Before I could respond or think about it for too long, the music changed and a faster song blared through the speakers. The dancing people slowly dispersed and while some went to the buffet and the tables, others congratulated the bride and groom. 

When the first well-wishers had disappeared, George and I went over to the two of them and my boyfriend gave his brother a hug before turning to the woman.

"Welcome to the Russell family."

She laughed and thanked him and the two also hugged. I knew from George that he had seen her a few times at large family gatherings and that the two of them got along quite well.

"And this is my girlfriend Annabelle. Annabelle this is Paula, my now new sister in law."

The woman greeted me and we chatted briefly while the boys talked about something else. She seemed really nice and I immediately had a positive impression of her.

"And thanks for helping Tim earlier, he told me what happened."

I quickly waved him off and said it was nothing, but she thanked me again and said that this wasn't a given, but that we were all a family now. These words surprised me a little, after all she didn't know how long I had been with George and she had only known me for five minutes. 

But as I said, she gave me a positive impression and a little later we said goodbye to each other, laughing. At the buffet I saw George talking to another man and not wanting to disturb them, I grabbed a plate and loaded up on some food as I was starving. 

There were little name cards on the tables and it took me some time to find mine. At least I assumed that would be my place.

George's girl

I sat down with a smile and began to eat the food I had brought with me.

"Uh, sorry, are you sure this is your seat?"

Startled, I turned around and almost choked. When I saw George behind me, I just rolled my eyes and laughed and went back to my plate, answering him.

"I didn't know who else your girl was supposed to be."

"So actually I invited another girl."

Laughing, I hit his arm as he sat down next to me and ironically he rubbed his arm. Shaking his head, he grinned at me before starting to eat himself. After we were both finished, we sat and chatted for a while before two men waved George over.

"Oh no, here we go. How's the season going? Will you win this year? Can we expect an improvement after the summer break, are there any updates on the car?"

George rolled his eyes sarcastically and then told me I should find something else to do before I had to listen to him answer these boring questions. Luckily, Lari came running right at that moment and said she wanted to dance with me. 

George quickly gave me a kiss on the top of my hair before we parted ways. Laughing, I followed the girl who happily jumped forward and pulled me by my hand into the middle of the dance floor to Tim and Alison.

"Oh no, looks like she's already found her next victim after Cara wanted a break," said George's mother, laughing and looking at me apologetically.

After several many songs, the two children became more and more tired and they went back to their seats. I wanted to follow them, but the music suddenly became quieter and some women came onto the dance floor. 

Only then did I see that Pauls was standing at the front, with his back to us and holding her bridal bouquet in his hand. Laughing, she looked over her shoulder and waited until everyone was ready. 

Since the wedding was only celebrated in a small circle, there were only six young women who were now on the dance floor. I saw George standing at the edge with his brother, who winked at me.

"Okay, everyone ready than 3, 2, 1 and go."

Laughing, I rolled my eyes and shook my head at George, not really noticing Paula's voice. He just looked way too good over there and I lost myself in his eyes again instead of paying attention to the flying bouquet. 

The wild screaming of the women around me brought me back to reality and I looked ahead to where the bouquet had flown from. The people next to me were jostling and I stopped, sighing, and looked up when suddenly the bouquet fell into my hands.

"Annabelle!" Paule shouted loudly and started clapping, which the others joined in, including Benjy, who looked at George with a grin and patted him on the shoulder.

However, my boyfriend only glanced at him briefly before his eyes were on me again and he grinned at me with the most beautiful smile. The crowd of women around me opened up and, laughing, I went over to George, who took me in his arms. 

George tenderly kissed me on the cheek and a quiet murmur went through the crowd, especially the unmarried women who were still standing in the middle. I immediately felt uncomfortable and looked to Benjy for help, who immediately understood and steered the celebration away from us. 

Sighing, I went back to my seat and placed the bouquet on the table. But before I could sit down, George had pulled me onto his lap.

"It looks like the universe gave us a hint."

"George, it was just a coincidence, I didn't even move, I just stood there and suddenly I had it," I said with a laugh and stroked his arm, which was around my waist.

"I like my version better," he whispered to me as he left feather-light kisses below my ear.

The hall slowly emptied and most of the friends and acquaintances had already left, so that soon only George's family and Paula's father were there. Since she had no siblings and her mother died last year, there was no other family on her side. 

At least she now had the Russells, a warm, big family who would always be there for her, I was sure, just as they were there for me. Someone said there needed to be a family photo taken, so everyone stood up and gathered.

"Annabelle can take the picture." Cara suggested when we were unsure how we wanted to do it and immediately Alison and George looked at her strangely.

"Why, she is also part of this family."

I quickly gave Alison a thanking look.

"Yeah but how long has she been with George now, not even a year right? I don't think you can call that family yet, do you?"

"Cara!"

I quickly grabbed George's arm and stopped him before he could storm towards his sister in anger. I quietly whispered to him that everything was okay and that we shouldn't think about it any further and luckily he calmed down again. 

The picture was taken quickly and then Alison and Steve said goodbye with the children as the two were already falling asleep. Cara also disappeared relatively quickly and I still didn't understand what she had against me, after all, she didn't even know me. However, I didn't think about it any further.

"Have you two already signed?" Paula asked and George and I looked at each other confused.

Laughing, the woman led us to the table with the gifts, which also had a canvas with a large, colorful tree on it, which was supposed to symbolize the tree of life. Today's date was written in gold letters and all the guests had signed their names on it and underneath.

"You want me to sign too?"

I looked at Paula in surprise, who immediately nodded and gave me the pen.

"Of course, you belong to George and therefore to the family. Don't let Cara put you off, I didn't have a good start with her either, but we get along great now."

I smiled gratefully at her before taking the pen from her and signing next to George. Afterwards we walked over to Benjy and George who were chatting with a glass of wine in their hands. They quickly handed us one too and we toasted together.

"To love, cheers," Benjy announced and we raised our glasses.

The two of them happily kissed each other and I smiled at George, which he immediately returned. After we had a little small talk, we also said goodbye to the bride and groom. George hugged his brother and the two shook hands while I hugged Paula and congratulated her again.

"Please keep an eye on Lari and Tim for the next week, they both can be a little bit crazy and Alison and Steve are not that young anymore either, plus they like you so that shouldn't be a problem."

"I'll do it," I said and smiled at her in confirmation before turning to Benjy.

"It was nice to finally meet you, George didn't promise too much."

Laughing, he took me in his arms and I returned his gesture.

"I was also happy to meet you, today was really perfect and I wish you two all the best."

"Same for you. Keep making my little brother so happy, it's good to see him like this. All the best for everything and I hope to see you two again soon."

We waved to the two of them one last time before leaving the hall and the building. It was already pitch black outside and the stars in the sky were clearly visible. The slow music could still be heard faintly from inside and a smile appeared on my lips. 

George started to walk to the car, but I grabbed his wrist and stopped him.

"George."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

826K 14.6K 23
Β«You aren't mine to lose.Β»
610K 10.9K 51
"Everything means nothing if I can't have you." She was his treasure, and he was hers. Social Media x Real Life Started - (28/05/22) Finished - (23...
107K 2.9K 23
Ιͺꜰ ʏᴏᴜ α΄„α΄α΄œΚŸα΄… κœ±α΄‡α΄‡ α΄›Κœα΄€α΄› Ιͺ'ᴍ α΄›Κœα΄‡ ᴏɴᴇ ᴑʜᴏ α΄œΙ΄α΄…α΄‡Κ€κœ±α΄›α΄€Ι΄α΄…κœ± ʏᴏᴜ... π˜“π˜°π˜·π˜¦π˜­π˜Ίπ˜― π˜“π˜¦π˜€π˜­π˜¦π˜³π˜€ 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸π˜ͺ𝘡𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳'οΏ½...
568K 8.2K 74
"I'd give up everything for you"