Hate Me, Love Me(GirlxGirl)

By JessSkywalker

What if the only thing that plagued your mind was the one who stole your first kiss? What if that mysterious... More

[ Preview ]
Chapter One: Bittersweet Kiss
Chapter Two: And all the Cigarette Ashes Fall Down
Chapter Three: Tattooed Beauty Invasion
Chapter Four: Dazzling Smiles & Bleeding Knuckles
Chapter Five: The Lioness and the Mouse
Chapter Six: Kissing and No Telling
Chapter Seven: The Humiliation of a Bookworm
Chapter Eight: First Experience of the Night Life
Chapter Nine: Foul's Play Brings a Close Brawl
Chapter Ten: The Knowledge of Kissing and its Bases
Chapter Eleven: Matching Bruises and a Tempting Proposition
Chapter Twelve: A Blind Date with an S.O.S Call
Chapter Thirteen: When the Lioness Teaches a Lesson
Chapter Fourteen: When the Bookworm Teams up with a Cunning Wolf | Part One|
Chapter Fourteen: When the Bookworm Teams up with a Cunning Wolf |Part Two|
Chapter Fifteen: The Wrath of a Caged Lioness
Chapter Sixteen: The Tears of a Bookworm
Chapter Seventeen: A Dark Tale from the Past
Chapter Eighteen: When a Fake Relationship Backfires
Chapter Nineteen: The Love Bite of the Lioness
Chapter Twenty: When the Sleazy Wolf Plays Dirty
Chapter Twenty One: A Blacksmith's Fading Happiness
Chapter Twenty-Two: When a Bad Hangover Leads to Deadly Consequences
Note.
Chapter Twenty-Four: When Heaven Felt so Sinful
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Devil's Lioness
Chapter Twenty-Six: When the Bookworm Faces the Devil
Chapter Twenty-Seven: When the Bookworm Becomes Bold
Chapter Twenty-Eight: When a Blacksmith's Dark Past Returns
Chapter Twenty-Nine: When the Sleazy Wolf Attacks

Chapter Twenty-Three: When the Bookworm Leads Herself into Dangerous Grounds

35.7K 1.2K 773
By JessSkywalker

Well...look who's finally updated. 

Anyway, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

For all your continuous support for my stories even if I lag in updating. I love you all, my padawans.

Now, here's the next chapter of HM, LM. 

Hope you guys enjoy and get ready cuz shit is about to go down >;D

______________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Twenty-Three: When the Bookworm Leads Herself into Dangerous Grounds

 "Riley came to see me at the shop."

Ivan's words hung in the air the moment I dropped my backpack onto the couch. I had forgotten about Riley's vow in making things right with Ivan. I never expected him to do it within the next couple of days. My mind was all over the place with insane scenarios of Kat busting into my room or at school demanding of the photo Josh had sent her. I wasn't able to focus on my studies or anything else for that matter because of the fear of Kat's wrath. I had seen her fight – by force – and the aftermath of seeing her match. I didn't know what Kat's capable of and for that, I was afraid.

There were times where I would stop and think: Did it matter if Kat saw a photo of me kissing someone else? She kissed some other person and had no care in the world as to who saw her. I shouldn't care either, right?

But I wasn't that kind of person.

I like Kat.

And I think that was my biggest mistake.

"Would you like to know why?" Ivan continued, leaning crossing his arms over his chest as he patiently waited for my answer. He stood there with a stern expression looking just like our father.

"I guess..." I answered meekly, looking away from his hazel eyes.

Ivan chuckled, humorlessly. "Riley came to beg – literally. He got on his knees and begged for me to let you continue being friends with them. He promised – I laughed at this part when he told me, by the way – that he would not convince you in doing in any rendezvous shit like sneaking out to an adult party where there's alcohol being served to underage kids or any sort of bad influence shit. I should have punched him across the face for taking you to a party that had people who you shouldn't associate with if it weren't for the fact that Kat had dragged him by the ear the day prior to apologize to me for doing so."

My body stiffened at the sound of her name.

Did she know I had gone to the party with Riley and Evelyn? If she did, did she kissed the girl for me to see? Was she that cruel for doing that knowing damn well of my feelings for her? Was she playing me along until I opened my legs?

Tears began to prick and I quickly blinked them away before Ivan noticed. He was too busy cursing out Riley's name that he didn't see the turmoil that I was mentally dealing with.

"I should be pissed off," Riley continued, sighing heavily as he plopped himself onto the couch. "I should ground you for the rest of your senior year. I should, shouldn't I? That sounds more pleasing than letting you be friends with those idiots – "

"No!" I cried out. "Ivan, I finally have friends. I have friends I could be myself with. You don't know how it feels to not connect with people who have more things in common than you. I was a shadow when I was with Shirley and Celeste. They begged me to go to parties knowing that wasn't my scene. They bragged about boys constantly and joked about my books, calling them stupid, not realizing they were hurting my feelings. With Riley and Evelyn...I don't have to feel like I'm no one to them. I'm someone they actually want to be friends with. They want to invite me to places other than parties and getting drunk. They actually want me to be their friend. Please, don't ruin this for me by keeping me away from people who actually want me. I'm tired of being loner who gets good grades and locks herself in her room to read other than go outside. Let me have this, Ivan. Just this once, let me make my decisions for myself."

He stared at me for a moment making me fidget, nervously playing with the hem of my shirt as I waited for him to reply.

It was a long moment of silence before he finally stood up and approached me. His face softened from his stern expression as he drew me into a hug, kissing the top of my head.

"I just want you to be safe, Mabes," he whispered, hugging me tightly. "That's all I want."

"I know, Ivan, I know."

"You're smart enough to make your own decisions without me hovering. I was becoming a helicopter parent, wasn't I?" He chuckled. "If you need help with anything, I'll always be here for you, you know that, right?"

I nodded, leaning back, kissing his cheek. "I know. Thank you."

"Now, I understand why parents fuss over their kids and the whole 'they're growing up too fast'. You, Mabel, are growing up too fast. I'm going to miss the little squirt who always followed me around. Just...just don't grow up too fast, okay? I still want to be your big brother."

"I won't, Ivan. I'll always need you."

"Good. Now, go call Riley that you can be friends with them. He's probably shitting his pants right now."

"Why?"

Ivan grinned mischievously, "Told him if he didn't get a call from you that meant you guys aren't friends anymore."

"That's messed up, Ivan."

"I know!" He cackled as he headed towards the kitchen to make dinner.

I smiled fondly before took out my phone and quickly dialed Riley.

It had only rung once before it was hastily answered with a "Please tell me we're friends again!"

I chuckled, "Yeah. I put my foot down and Ivan complied."

Riley sighed, "You would not believe how happy I am. I'll kiss Ivan later but Mabel – Stop, I'm talking to her, man! She called me not you, so get off!"

"Who are you talking to?"

It was not long before I got my answer.

"Hey, Mabel. Heard you can be friends with us again," Evelyn's voice was followed by Riley's painful groan.

"What did you do to him?"

I could mentally see Evelyn shrug as she said, "Hit him where the sun don't shine, babygirl."

"Evelyn!" I scolded yet couldn't keep the smile off my face.

"What? He didn't let me talk to you. Anyway, there's this party – "

"No!" I cried out, covering my eyes. I couldn't believe Evelyn. "No parties. That's what started this mess, Evie."

"...You called me Evie – "

"I would not let her make the plans, Mabel. Don't worry," Riley spoke over Evelyn. "But do you want to hang out? I haven't figured out what to do yet but I'll tell you tomorrow at school. Is that cool?"

"Yeah, that's okay."

"Sweet! We are so totally gonna have a girls' night!" Riley shrieked in a girly voice while Evelyn burst out in laughter.

I giggled as I headed towards my room, enjoying the conversation we had. My worries of Kat went away when Evelyn and Riley kept me distracted.

That was a good thing, right?

The next day, I was frantic. Being in school meant that there would be a possibility where my path would come across Josh's and I didn't want that. I didn't want to be reminded how afraid I was of him and his threats. I didn't want to remember what he did in sending a photo of us kissing to Kat. I didn't want to remember at all. All I want to think about is hanging out with Riley and Evelyn. That's all. No Kat and no Josh lurking in my mind.

Unfortunately, today wasn't my lucky day.

I was at my locker gathering my things before I headed to the cafeteria to meet with Riley and Evelyn when I saw movement from the corner of my eye. I glanced at my right only to be surprised at the familiar face. Gladis Young leaned against the lockers, staring at the few students who hung around in the hallway. Her brown hair was curled, falling over her thin shoulders. Her light mocha skin looked glittery as if she bathed herself in glitter matching her eyeshadow. She wore a summer dress with gladiator sandals. I was confused as to why she would be standing there. Perhaps she was waiting for her friends but shouldn't she be at the cafeteria where everyone else was at?

I ignored her presence and continued to get my books, shoving them into my bag. I had two more classes left and then, off to hang out with those two hooligans. My lips tugged into a small smile as excitement brewed inside my stomach.

"Don't let Josh continue to hurt you," Gladis suddenly said, grabbing my entire attention.

My smile faded into a frown as I swallowed back the fear of her knowing what he's done to me. "W-what?"

Her caramel eyes flickered to me. "He's been hurting you, hasn't he?"

Bewildered, I tore my gaze away from her and closed my locker. The fear was slowly climbing its way up my spine. She couldn't know. No one knows what Josh has done. The threats, the pain he's inflicted on me, and what he's planning to do with Kat. How could she possibly have known? If Josh discovered that Gladis knew, he would certainly kill me.

The best thing I could do is lie.

"What? N-no," I shook my head, my tongue felt heavy from the horrible lie I uttered out.

"Mabel," Gladis took a step closer to me, placing her hand on my shoulder, "I dated Josh for two years. I know what he's like and he's not the Prince Charming most girls here believe he is. He throws these angry fits when he doesn't get his way. I know the look of fear when I see it. I know what that fear feels like. You feel vulnerable and afraid if you make the wrong move, something bad will happen. I know, Mabel. I was just like you when I was Josh's girlfriend. I was afraid of him. I was afraid that one day, he'll end up killing me. I had to be the perfect girlfriend he wanted or else..."

I looked at her broken expression, understanding. "He was the one who gave you the black eye, wasn't he? All those rumors of you getting beating up wasn't Riley's cousin who did, was it? It was him."

Gladis's chin quivered as she did her best to hold back the tears. "He's a monster, Mabel. When I saw how he treated you the other day, forcing him to kiss you all for fun and games, I couldn't stand by. I had to warn you but I knew this been happening for too long, hasn't it? He's been bothering already, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Mabel, you're not safe with him around. Stick with Riley and Evelyn. If it wasn't for Evelyn, it would have been worse than a black eye. I made her promise not to tell anyone. I couldn't handle someone else knowing what he's been doing... Don't let him control your life with fear. I know he's going to have it much worse when karma bites him in the ass. Much worse."

"I'm sorry, Gladis," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her, squeezing her tightly before I let her go. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

Gladis gave me a watery smile. "I was blinded by love at first. Now I know the truth. Be safe, Mabel. I have to go but promise me, don't let him do the same thing he's done to me."

"I won't," I promised, waving her a goodbye as she headed down the hallway with her head held high.

Josh Hamilton was a monster.

He abused Gladis and blamed it on Kat, spreading that rumor like wildfire. And Evelyn knew what he's been doing to that girl. She saw it first hand, keeping that promise dearly. As I headed to the cafeteria, I had a new perspective on Evelyn Summers. Everyone in this school thought she was heartless to anything and anyone but in fact, Evelyn was caring. She was the person who would do anything for anyone – stranger or not. She protected Gladis from Josh. She blatantly lied through her teeth in front of his face that she was the one who beat Gladis but knew he did it. He was the one who harmed her not Evelyn.

Through the loud and crowded cafeteria, I spotted Riley and Evelyn at the back table. Riley was reading one of his comic books, eating an apple with his free arm wrapped around Evelyn's shoulders who was staring at a few girls in the table beside them joke around with a bored look.

As I got to the table, I sat down and stared at the two hooligans who gave me a smile. Riley's was brighter than Evelyn who looked utterly bored being here.

"I know," I blurted out.

Evelyn arched an eyebrow, "Know what?" She played with one of her stretched lobes, a confused look settling on her face.

"About Gladis."

Realization crossed her features before she composed herself. She shrugged a shoulder, "Okay."

"What about her?" Riley piped in, closing his book. "Josh's girlfriend, right? The one he came to bitch about?"

Something flickered in Evelyn's eyes – almost like anger before she looked at him, blandly. "Ex-girlfriend. They broke up," she looked back at me with a look as if saying 'I made damn sure of it'. "And none of your business, Riley. We're having a girl talk. Read your damn comic."

"Geez," Riley muttered, sending a wink at me.

I rolled my eyes, chuckling. "Anyway, what are we going to be doing today? Have you guys figured it out already?"

Evelyn shrugged again, "We can chill at Riley's place."

I stiffened, the small movement was caught by Evelyn's attentive eyes.

"Don't worry, she won't be there, Mabel," she assured, nudging Riley with her elbow for his confirmation as well.

He looked up from his comic, his steel gray eyes sympathizing me. "She won't. She hasn't been home for a few days. Left without a word only a day later did she call me saying she had to do something with Ace and his gang."

I furrowed my eyebrows at that.

What was she doing that kept her from coming home to Riley?

"Is this the first time she's done this?" I asked, curious.

Riley nodded, "A few times. I tried asking what she does when she's gone and all I get is: 'Business'. I sometimes think she gets badly wounded from her matches that Ace makes her stay at his place to rest."

"What would make you think that?" Evelyn question, reading my mind.

"I don't know. I just want to think that's the only possibility she's away that long. I don't want to think of anything besides that or else I'll worry."

"You can sleep over at my place when she does that again, Riley," I smiled at him.

I knew Ivan enjoyed having Riley over and Riley idolized Ivan apart from Kat. They were the perfect bromance couple I had ever seen.

Riley perked up at that, "Really? If Ivan doesn't mind –"

Evelyn snorted, "Please, you both are in love with each other. If I wasn't your girlfriend, you'd be devoting your love to him."

My eyes widened, gasping dramatically as I slapped the table repeatedly "No fucking way!"

Riley slammed his head onto the table as Evelyn groaned out, "FUCK!"

~*~*~

It felt strange coming back here.

To the place I saw Kat kissing another woman. I didn't want to continue to remember the way she had that woman's body pressed against hers, kissing her with no care in the world. I didn't want to throw myself back into my abyss of crushing grief. I was here to be with Riley and Evelyn – the adorable couple who kept telling me to shut up when I teased about their relationship. I was happy for them. At last, they were finally a couple. I had asked them if I could be the pastor when they decide to get married because I wanted to tell everyone that I was the one who predicted this – sort of.

"You guys want pizza?" Riley asked as he dumped his backpack onto the couch before fetching a few take-out menus that were laying on the glass table.

Evelyn plopped herself on the blue bean bag chair, lolling her head back. "I'm cool with whatever as long as it's food."

I gingerly placed my bag beside Riley's backpack and sat down. My mind swarming with the events of that night where I was drinking, making myself forget my feelings for Kat. Little bits and pieces from that night were resurfacing but I couldn't remember the girl who talked me into drinking my first alcoholic drink. All I remembered were those dark eyes that held such wicked mischief. What was her name again? Riley and Evelyn would know who she was, right?

"Hey, Riley, can I use your bathroom?"

He looked up from the pizza menu at me, "Yeah sure. It's upstairs, the last door on your right."

"Thanks."

As I headed upstairs, I couldn't help but remember what happened in this same hallway. The place I've made out with Kat. How her sinful lips captured mine and where I begged for her to not stop. This is where it went from PG to PG-13 bordering on Rated R real quick. I kept my eyes casted on the floor as I forced myself to forget the way her lips felt on my skin, sucking and biting. I had to forget any interaction with her. I wasn't ready to remember what we've shared when the memory of her kissing someone else continued to bombard my mind.

I wasn't ready for the heartache again.

Mistakenly, I opened the door that was closest to me on the right of the hallway and entered only to freeze when I saw this room was preoccupied. My heart pounded hard against my chest, ringing in my ears as I gaped at the sight before me. Her black waves were pulled into a high ponytail. Her slim tattooed body was cladded in a black sports bra and black jeans. She was slipping on a black shirt over her head, unaware of my presence. My eyes trailed down to her back where only a few tattoos inked her skin but what was more prominent were the long gashes across her back. Dark scars decorating her light skin, some scars looked like burn marks being dragged down her back.

My body shuddered at the sight of them. Were they inflicted on Kat in a way of being tortured? Could it be that those times Kat leaves Riley alone for days on end was because she was being tortured by this infamous Ace?

"You should knock before enter someone's room," she deadpanned, glancing at me over her shoulder as she hastily covered her back.

"S-sorry," I stuttered, not able to walk away as if I was glued to that spot.

Kat turned, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared me down, "Is there something that you need?"

"Uh...n-no. I was looking for the bathroom."

"It's the next door," she replied, those amber eyes never wavering from me.

"Okay, thank you," I quickly turned around ready to head to the bathroom and probably shrivel and die of embarrassment but her voice stopped me from doing so.

That melodic voice that captured my heart entirely.

"Why would I get a photo of you and Josh kissing?"

My body stiffened.

I wasn't ready for this. I thought this would never happen if I continued to avoid Kat and have nothing to do with her after that night. So for her to ask me that left me speechless. It reminded me of what Gladis told me of Josh being abusive. I tasted that firsthand when he choked me at school with his friends hiding us from anyone's view and when he kicked my stomach in the hall during Lunch and stepped on my hand all because of him losing his scholarship. I dreaded coming across Josh Hamilton and I knew he would not stop until he sees Kat's downfall.

"Are you going to answer me or stand there like an idiot?" She countered, angrily.

I could hear her footsteps behind me before I felt her hand grab my wrist and pull me inside her room, closing the door and locking it. She turned to me with those blazing orange flames, burning through mine with such anger, I was afraid to be here alone with her.

"I'm not going to ask again, Mabel," she hissed, tightening her grip on my wrist.

"Why do you care?" I retorted. She's not the only one who's angry here. She crushed my feelings when I saw her kissing another woman. I am not going to let myself be used.

Her eyebrows furrowed together, "I don't."

"Fine."

We starred at each other for a long time. Our eyes never wavering from each other. Tension grew thick in the air. My body hummed at the feel of her hand around my wrist and my mind was showered with memories of us kissing each other. How our bodies were pressed against each other; our lips whispering secrets as our tongues danced. I licked my bottom lip, absentmindedly, aware of Kat's eyes following the small movement.

I heard her growl as she released my wrist before grabbing my face and crashing her lips against mine. I gasped at the sudden harshness as she pulled back a little, those orange flames burning with intensity that I quivered at the desire pooling inside them.

"You're fucking mine, Mabel," she swore. "Not his. Never his."

Her lips crashed against mine again and I regrettably gave in like the sucker I was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Painting By Col

Mystery / Thriller

133K 8.7K 94
"It took me five seconds to fall. The impact on my chest jarring my body but not my mind. I suppose this is the point where your life is supposed to...
202K 5.4K 36
《UNDER A MAJOR EDITING》 Sophia Miami lives loving herself as a bisexual, but never found herself in relationship. She forgotten everything about he...
99.3K 4.3K 81
She wanted to change and that's what she did. 17 year old Bailey Skeels has been one to follow rules and go by the book. But after getting accused f...
2.1M 83K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...