Chapter Twenty-Nine: When the Sleazy Wolf Attacks

Sup, it's ya girl again, Jess.

Back at it again for the second time with a really, REALLLLYYYYY late update but I did it. I updated. Proud of myself that I didn't lag it for another four or so months. 

Again, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the constant love and support for my stories. I'm extremely grateful you guys are still here, supporting them. 

I love each and every one of you and send good vibes to you guys and damn well hope 2018 is great for you guys. You all deserve it. 

Now, enough of this, let's get reading, yo!

_____________________________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Twenty-Nine: When the Sleazy Wolf Attacks

I neglected her garden and the shame and guilt ate at me.

My mother would be so disappointed in me to have her beautiful flowers and plants wilt to their death. A simple touch and I watched the way the fragile, dead leaf crumble to the dead grass. Coming to the backyard was still a sore spot for both Ivan and I. The last time I came to the backyard was the night I met Kat. During that time, I hardly focused what our backyard consisted of and now, I saw the desolation that was caused by us. An embarrassment that would have my mother roll in her grave.

"I'll start taking good care of her from now on, Mom," I whispered to the slight breeze as I sighed heavily.

I slipped on the garden gloves and started throwing the dead plants and flowers into the large trash bag. So many memories in this garden and I had let it die. My eyes watered as I felt my heart break at the thought of killing my mother's garden that she left behind for us. I was too deep in that despair of losing my parents that I didn't bother to look after her garden. Ivan – to this day – didn't step foot into the backyard. It was too painful for him – for both of us but I didn't want my mother's memory to go to waste. This was her garden and I would continue to keep it from ever dying again.

I could imagine my mother on her knees with a huge smile on her face. Her brown hair braided into a neatly French braid and wearing her favorite sun hat. Her brown eyes would be twinkling with mirth as she indulged herself in her favorite hobby. The way she would wipe the sweat from her face, leaving a trail of dirt on her skin but she didn't care – she never did. My mother was in love with her garden. It was the only time she had some time for herself. It didn't matter if she came home from work tired, she always came to her garden with new energy and talked to her flowers and plants as if they were her children.

I smiled at that memory, a few tears escaping as I begun to hum like she used to, catering to her garden. I grabbed the rake and piled the dead leaves into one pile before taking out all the dead flowers and plants from their homes in the ground to the trash bag. This garden was going to be reborn again and I knew it would make my mother proud. It's going to be full of love like it was once before. I looked down at the teal colored garden gloves that belonged to my mother and smiled even more as I followed her footsteps in giving as much love to her garden as she did.

"Don't feed them too much water, Mabel," I would hear her say to me, a chuckle passing through her lips. "This is a garden not an aquarium."

"Exaggerating like always, Mom," I laughed to myself, tying the last trashbag and looked at the emptiness before me.

I bit back a sob that wanted to escape from me at the sight of it. It was too bare. It was like the memory of my mother was thrown away.