Chapter Twenty-Four: When Heaven Felt so Sinful

I am really sorry that you guys had t wait so long for this update. Terribly sorry. 

If you guys have me on snapchat, you would know why I was inactive on this site but those of you who don't, I'll explain here. Apart from work and school taking most of my time, these past few months, my mother was in the hospital. She had gotten a brain aneurysm where two arteries split in her brain causing blood to pool in her skull. She had a minor stroke and my dad quickly took her to the hospital where the doctor told us of what happened. The next few days, my mother underwent a brain surgery where thankfully, it was a successful surgery. The doctors had to put her in a coma for her brain to heal itself and not have us overwhelm her. It would be bad for her if she processed her surroundings so quickly after a surgery. She was put into Intense Critical Unit where she spent almost a month there with attentive nurses at her side. I went to visit my mother directly after work and stayed there the whole day, not caring that I got little sleep. Seeing my mother with tubes injecting into her skin made me almost break down then and there. I couldn't even say hi to her sleeping self because I was already choking on tears. Coming home where I didn't hear her laugh was depressing on my family. My dad hardly slept because he didn't have her sleeping next to him. My siblings and I were distant from one another. We had gone through this before when my mother was diagnosed with cancer but this time, my little sister knew what was going on. Writing was nowhere close to my mind when all of this was going on. I couldn't be by myself for a moment because I would start crying. I hated those few months. 

Thankfully, my mother woke up from her coma and slowly she was progressing. She went to therapy and her mind and brain was healing far better. She sometimes got confused but it was normal due to her surgery. She's home now and my house is more livelier than before. I know I wasn't well into detail but I don't want to remind myself of that. I'm not fully used to what happened yet and telling someone either online or in person, it still brings me to tears. But my mother is a warrior goddess and continues to be strong. 

Thank you for understanding and for your never ending support, my padawans. I really appreciate all of you. I love every single one of you <3

Now let's get to this new chapter ;D

_________________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Twenty-Four: When Heaven Felt so Sinful

I should be strong.

I shouldn't let her affect me this much. She hurt me. I should push her away from me and show her that I won't let myself become weak in the knees anymore. I need to have a backbone. I need to put my foot down and show everyone that I'm tired of being walked upon...

But the way her lips moved against mine – so dominating as if she's trying to prove either herself or me that I'm not going to be taken away by another. She said I was hers but the memory of her kissing another said otherwise. Her body against mine felt good. Oh, god, so good. How her hands that once cupped my face traveled down to my waist. One of them slid underneath my shirt. Her warm skin made mine tingle from such an innocent touch that it felt strange coming from Kat. I saw her as a lioness – primal and dominate with her stance and walk. Those amber eyes can silence many yet they made me feel shivers of delight run down my spine. I wasn't afraid of Kat Blacksmith (maybe a little) but when she's around...I felt safe. She was an aura of protection that surrounded me, keeping any negative thoughts about Josh away.