Chapter Seven: The Humiliation of a Bookworm

I HAVE ESCAPED FINALS WEEK ALIVE!!!!

It's been a long, crazy ride this semester and I'm close to finishing my last year and transferring to another college. Anyway, how's ya'll day been going? I hope it's been good :)

For all you anticipated padawans in 'Murrica or around the world, here's a new chapter and hopefully you guys like it! :DD

Enjoy!

____________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Seven: The Humiliation of a Bookworm

“Have you seen her?! She has a black eye and a busted lip! Word has it, she was beaten up last Thursday.”

“Really? Who would want to beat up Gladis Young?”

I continued to wash my hands slowly but thoroughly as I listened in to the girls’ conversation as they retouched their make-up and hair beside me. One of them - Loraine was her name after her friends called her that - actually brought in her curling iron and plugged in into the outlet and retouched her curls without a care in the world. 

“I heard she started arguing with some girls before they started fighting,” Loraine said, holding the curling iron in one hand as her hair was heating up while checking on her artwork of her eyeliner. 

“It doesn’t matter how the fight started,” Loraine’s friend who had a pixie cut hairstyle leaned against the tiled wall, “Gladis got fucked up.

As I turned off the faucet and grabbed a sheet of paper to dry my hands, I wasn’t prepared for Loraine to turn her attention onto me, assessing me quickly before staring at me with a bored look. My heart was hammering in my chest as I tried to keep my mind at bay from all the scenarios it was dangerously trying to bring up with Loraine bantering me on why I was listening in to their conversation and me pulling my knees to my chest portraying like a wounded animal hounded into the corner.

“Do you know what happened to Gladis Young?”

“I…uh…umm…” I stammered, my mouth opening and closing like a fish which made Loraine arched an eyebrow at my lack of answer.

“I guess you don’t,” she scoffed, returning back to finish her hair. 

I quickly left the restroom and walked down the hall towards my class, scolding myself for looking like an idiot. Why did I choke when she asked me that? I could have plainly told her I haven’t heard of any rumors based on Gladis Young but as I made my way to class my step faltered as I remembered who Gladis Young was. I had her for Computers class with Riley. She was the one he sent a text about to someone named Kat Vicious after the said person sent him a message of them handling it - whatever it was. Could it be that this Kat Vicious was the one who beat up Gladis?

Before I could go further into my thoughts I collided into someone hearing a ‘Shit!’ from them and I quickly apologized to them as I looked around the floor, hoping I didn’t drop any of their things but there was nothing only a set of black boots with their acid washed jeans tucked into them. My eyes slowly roamed up their legs coming across a red suspenders latched to the waist of their jeans, a black buttoned up polo shirt that fit them perfectly, and a gold cross necklace. I looked up at the person to see a bald headed girl with large plugs and a double hoop nose ring. 

Her light brown eyes gazed back at me narrowing a little before her gaze flickered over my shoulder to where the sound of girls’ voices came. I looked back to see the girls from the restroom exiting and gazing at us before they whispered amongst each other, walking away with the occasion glances towards us.