๐™ผ๐š’๐šœ๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ ๐š˜๐š ๐™ผ๐šŠ๐š—๏ฟฝ...

By MarvelSoul27

๐™ˆ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ข๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ง๐™š๐™ก๐™ช๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ ๐™–๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™–๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™š๐™จ: ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™ค'๐™จ ๐™Ÿ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฎ ๐™ฌ๏ฟฝ... More

Never Meet Your Heroes ~ 1
A Perfect Team ~ 2
The Voices ~ 4
A Way In ~ 5
French Flirt ~ 6
The Room Where it Happened ~ 7
An Insight to a Similar Mind ~ 8
Tongue Tied ~ 9
Never Friends ~ 10
Heated Confession ~ 11
Bonsoir Spider-Man ~ 12
Unwelcoming Reunion ~ 13
A Fun Demonstration ~ 14
Lights Out ~ 15
Upload Complete ~ 16
Did You Miss Me? ~ 17
The Kill Switch ~ 18
The Outgoing Link ~ 19
A Means to an End ~ 20
The Start of Honesty ~ 21
Dr Banner, Hulk Out ~ 22
The Mysterious Caller ~ 23
Withholding the Truth ~ 24
The Sociopath ~ 25
Pawn in the Game ~ 26
Unfinished History ~ 27
The Red Book ~ 28
Mirror Mirror on the Wall ~ 29
Sweet Dreams ~ 30
We've Met Before ~ 31
The Late Arrival ~ 32
Questions After Questions ~ 33
Our Old Ways ~ 34
A Gift From Stark ~ 35
Never Been Free ~ 36
Time to Run ~ 37
Back to Square One ~ 38
Tracking the Enemy ~ 39
Recovered Memories ~ 40

Bribing the Rich ~ 3

242 12 0
By MarvelSoul27

Back at the compound, Peter and Eva sit in the recreational room, awaiting Steve's return with assistance. Peter, now clad in a hooded jacket with his mask still apparent, casually spins on a computer desk chair he's claimed for himself. Eva perches on the edge of the couch, her eyes fixed on him, frustration growing more evident at his seemingly casual demeanor.

"Peter, I really do not want to be here right now. I'm not one of the Avengers... I want to go. This is the worst birthday ever," she pouts, her discontent clear.

"It's not even your birthday, Eva," he responds, not falling for her attempt to manipulate the situation. She sighs, resigning into the cushions of the couch. Eva shoots him a pleading look, silently begging for a way out of this unexpected predicament.

"Worth a try," she concedes.

"You do realize this has become a lot more than you running out of the compound earlier today. What was all that about anyway?" Peter attempts to reason, recalling the scene she played out back here earlier in the day.

"I don't know," she mumbles, shrugging her shoulders, not willing to delve into it at the moment. "I'm going to go home." She manoeuvres to get up, but Peter persists.

"Eva, you were a witness to a bank robbery; you can't just leave now." Peter sighs, and Eva responds with a mischievous smile. She pulls out a small wad of cash she managed to gather and hide in her jacket before Steve demanded they leave the vestibule only moments earlier.

"More like an accomplice," Eva jests, and Peter's expression goes slack. His suit's eyes widen to match what his eyes are doing underneath.

"Tell me you had that money stashed away and didn't snatch it from the bank job," Peter whispers, dragging his desk chair closer to Eva in a subtle attempt to retrieve the cash. She's too quick, withdrawing her hand and swatting his back with her free hand.

"Evangeline!" Peter starts to protest, but she silences him with a dismissive eye roll.

"Oh, please. I'm not the one playing the morality card here, Spider-Man," Eva retorts, effortlessly slipping the money back into her pocket. Before Peter can press the matter, Steve re-enters the room, accompanied by Tony Stark, the proprietor of the Avengers compound, intrigued to meet the Eva, Steve had given him a brief rundown about.

Tony, donned in casual attire, clearly unprepared for disturbances tonight, leans against the kitchenette counter. "Alright, Parker, what's the latest catastrophe?" he questions, his gaze shifting between Eva and Peter, his curiosity focused on the unfolding scene.

"Stark, it was a case of right time, wrong place. We were just trying to find Eva and ended up smack in the middle of a heist," Peter explains, his hand wearily pressed against his forehead as he looks at Tony through his mask. Tony, however, remains unimpressed.

"Hey, I'm the Eva that Peter's talking about," Evangeline interjects, seizing the moment to introduce herself to Mr. Stark. Yet again, he responds with silence, his expression giving away no hint of approval. Instead, his gaze shifts to Steve, seeking an explanation. Steve, equally perplexed, meets Tony's gaze with a look that conveys his own confusion.

"Eva just happened to stumble onto the crime scene, right in the thick of it," Peter adds, attempting to break the tense silence. However, his attempt at clarification earns him a swift glare from his female companion, his choice of words only exacerbating the already uneasy situation.

"Why were you looking for Eva?" Tony probes, his eyes shifting between Peter and Eva seated on the couch. Peter hesitates, his hand instinctively reaching for the back of his head as he grapples with how to respond.

"I can answer that!" Eva interjects, raising her hand as if awaiting Tony's permission, but she doesn't wait for the cue. "I had a mental breakdown earlier today about meeting Captain America—big fan." Her gaze shifts towards Steve, who stands with folded arms. She salutes him casually, accompanied by an innocent smile. Steve, his lips pressed into a firm line, conceals any amusement or frustration.

"Again, sorry about that. It's my birthday today, so..." Eva continues, her extroverted side shining through. Peter, now on his feet with hands on his hips, interrupts, "Eva, it is not your birthday. Stop." She responds with a huff, sinking back into the chair. Steve and Tony exchange a silent look, the unspoken question lingering in the air.

Tony's scepticism lingers in the room as he eyes Eva, the tension palpable. "A mental breakdown over meeting Captain America?" he questions, raising an eyebrow. Steve shifts uncomfortably under the scrutiny, his stern expression suggesting a mixture of confusion and amusement.

Eva, undeterred, launches into a ramble. "Yeah, you know, it's not every day you meet a living legend. And it being my birthday just added to the overwhelming emotions, or so I thought." She shoots a mischievous glance at Peter, who can only shake his head in disbelief.

"Look, Tony, we didn't mean to interfere with anything. It was a bizarre set of circumstances," Peter adds, trying to salvage the situation. However, Tony remains unimpressed, crossing his arms and leaning against the counter.

Steve breaks the silence, finally addressing Eva, "So, you really are a big fan?"

Eva grins, "Huge! I mean, who wouldn't be? The whole superhero thing is fascinating." Steve cracks a small smile, appreciating her enthusiasm but still sceptical nonetheless. 

Peter, feeling the need to regain control, clears his throat. "Can we focus on the fact that we stumbled upon a heist? We should figure out what's going on."

"No, Parker. We can leave that to the cops for the night. You're lucky you left when you did, or the Avengers would have to publicly go and clean up that mess," Tony retorts with another stern glance. The weight of responsibility in his eyes seems to forget that Peter Parker is no longer the teenager he encountered all those years ago, a fact occasionally lost on the seasoned superhero. 

Before Peter can interject, Eva once again raises her hand. The three men direct their puzzled gazes toward her, but it's Tony who takes the initiative. "What is it, Eva?"

"I need to go to the restroom," she announces with a smile. Steve, unable to contain a slight chuckle, clears his throat, and Peter, familiar with his friend's unpredictable demeanour, can only sigh in resignation.

***

"So, how do you know this, Eva?" Tony questions, minutes slipping away as he prepares a pot of decaf coffee, waiting for Eva's return. Steve occupies the armrest near the couch, while Peter, mask removed, remains seated in the desk chair.

"We met a while back when I was in college, why?" Peter responds, his patience wearing thin with the persistent questioning.

"That long ago? Huh?" Tony muses, filling his favorite mug with coffee. He looks up at Peter, an air of scepticism lingering. "Only, you've never mentioned Eva before. Not ever, in fact," Tony points out, earning a curious glance from Steve.

"Not to mention the way she reacted earlier, that was a little over the top, Peter," Steve adds, alluding to Evangeline's extravagant behavior and the peculiar first encounter between her and Steve. Peter's arms fold in defense.

"That's just what Eva is like. She can be a bit of a character at times. She told me she was a fan of yours and wanted to do something nice. I thought it was a good idea," Peter explains, offering a glimpse into the unconventional dynamics of his friendship with Eva.

"Well, you are right; she is definitely a character. You sure know how to pick them," Stark adds, his back turned to them as he rinses out his mug.

Evangeline returns, her focus solely on her college pal, Peter.

"Peter, I'm bored. I'm going home," she announces, earning another puzzling glance from the older men in the room. Peter inhales sharply but rises from his chair.

"Okay, well..." His eyes flicker to Tony, seeking permission for Eva to be excused. Tony, with a nonchalant nod, fills up his mug for the second time.

"Let me lead you out," Peter continues once he receives the unspoken approval. He guides Eva out, his hand resting on the small of her back. She abruptly stops, pivots on her heel, and heads over to Tony.

"Oh, Mr. Stark," Eva begins, capturing his full attention. "For the trouble." She whispers, handing him a note from the wad of cash she had hidden, taken from the robbery. Peter's eyes widen in disbelief, and he rushes over to usher Eva away with a nervous laugh. Tony, folding his arms, signals his refusal of the money with a stern expression.

"Oh, and Captain!" Eva calls out, still being ushered away by Peter. Steve looks over, "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?"

"Eva, stop!" Peter protests, a frown etched across his face as they reach the door. Steve betrays nothing, maintaining a stoic expression as both he and Tony observe their departure.

"How is it that one minute you can't even be in the same room as Steve, to flirting with him in French?" Peter questions, astounded, taking her arm to lead them to the elevator.

"Quoi? Je demandais seulement. Et c'est mon anniversaire!" Eva laughs, retorting in her native tongue.

"Oh my god, will you stop speaking in French!" Peter pleads just as the elevator dings and the door opens to let them inside. The duo's argument echoes in the confined space, audible even as the elevator descends, leaving Steve and Tony exchanging bemused looks.

"Was that from a song? What did she say to you?" Tony frowns, utterly bewildered by Eva's exit. Steve huffs a laugh and rises to his feet, shaking his head.

"You don't want to know, Tony," he offers, casually saluting with his head as a goodnight, walking out of the room, leaving behind a sense of curiosity lingering in the air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 7.2K 22
โ Y O U M A Y B E R I G H T , Y O U M A Y B E W R O N G B U T S A Y T H A T Y O U ' L L B R I N G M E A L O N G ...
4.4K 138 35
"๐™๐™๐™š ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™š ๐™ค๐™› ๐™›๐™ง๐™š๐™š๐™™๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™๐™ž๐™œ๐™. ๐˜ผ๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ž๐™ฉ'๐™จ ๐™– ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ž๐™˜๐™š ๐™„'๐™ข ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™ฅ๐™–๐™ฎ." [แด„แด€แด˜แด›แด€ษชษด แด€แดแด‡ส€ษชแด„แด€: แด›สœแด‡ แดกษชษดแด›แด‡ส€ sแด...
484K 17.3K 96
โœช "๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐š— ๐šœ๐šž๐š๐š๐šŽ๐š—๐š•๐šข ๐™ธ ๐šœ๐šŽ๐šŽ ๐šข๐š˜๐šž" โœช ๐™ด๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š•๐šข๐š— ๐š‚๐š๐šŠ๐š›๐š”, ๐™ฑ๐šž๐šŒ๐š”๐šข ๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š›๐š—๐šŽ๐šœ, ๐š‚๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐š๐šŽ๐š›๐šœ. ๐šˆ๐š˜๐šž ๐š”๐š—๐š˜๐š  ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ...
1.6K 155 14
๐€๐“๐‡๐„๐๐€ ๐‘๐„๐€๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐„๐’ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐ƒ๐†๐€๐‘๐ƒ ๐๐„๐„๐ƒ๐’ ๐‡๐„๐‘ ๐‡๐„๐‹๐ ๐Ž๐๐‚๐„ ๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐„ ๐๐”๐“ ๐’๐‡๐„ ๐ƒ๐ˆ๐ƒ ๐๐Ž๐“ ๐‘๐„๐€๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐„ ๐“๐‡๐€๐“ ๐’๐‡๐„...