did i drive you away?

By PaintingWillows

Things that drove me away. Short clips and poems. More

sparks.
Suddenly love wasn't enough
smiled
enough to be okay
words that went unsaid
the door that should've shut
my invisible shiny red balloon.
smother
sun
snow on the beach
this is me trying
my silly little bag
it felt like love
his sun
to those who grieve themselves
ode to your soul
memories
what i want to be
a film makers guide to capturing a murder
the dying heart of a writer
she must be a butterfly
monotony

love

9 1 2
By PaintingWillows

I love you.

I wasn't quite sure when I truly understood what love meant.

I didn't know when she turned from just being a girl to being my girl.

I would wish to paint every inch of her just to prove to her she was an impossibly perfect piece of art.

I wished I could just bottle up the sound of her laugh to get drunk off of.

I didn't know when knew her, became knowing her.

Was it when I knew that her favorite flower meant affection and admiration because she craved it?

Was it when I knew that she would step in every puddle every time it rained because it reminded her of the red boots she used to wear when she was younger?

I couldn't quite tell you when I knew I loved her.

Was it when I realized she was the sun and I was merely a plant that needed her to survive?

Or was it as simple as looking at her whenever her eyes would sparkle when I wrapped locks of her muddy brown on my fingers just to assure myself she was real?

I couldn't quite tell you when I knew, but I could tell you that I loved her now.

______________________________________________________________

Word count- 196

Published- December 28, 2023

one of my fav pieces rn. I have like 12 drafts too tho lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 895 58
"I know I'm sunk deep to this point To the point where I'm drowned Into this bowl of honey I feel I feel like there's no other way out" A collectio...
91.8K 4.4K 36
Y/n- please don't beat me I will never try to run away i promise please Jimin- no no no why are you crying don't cry.this is your punishment take it...
Craine By Kitt =]

Fanfiction

7.1K 186 10
A Ukraine x Canada fic because why not. Also apparently their ship name is Craine(????) (Gift for RyuTheShadowThing) [completed ✔️]
8.5K 315 33
Highest ranks #1 Poetry (Feb, May 2024) #1 sadpoems (Feb2024) #2 darkpoems (May2024) #2 sonnet (June2024) Welcome to my world~ You are about to dive...