Why Not Me?...(Sebaek ff)

By Baekhyunielover_92

......Why is it always him? Not me... ....... I don't even know why do I love him so much......I hate myself... More

Chapter 1
Chapter:2
Chapter:3
Chapter :4
Chapter: 5
Chapter:6
Chapter:7
Chapter:8(M)
Chapter:9(M)
Chapter: 10
Chapter:11
Chapter:12
Chapter:13
Chapter:15

Chapter:14

61 2 2
By Baekhyunielover_92

In the story:

Chanyeol was speechless. Did he hear it right?

Chanyeol: What was the name? What was the name?! Who is this Sehunnie?!!

Baekhyun was quiet.

Chanyeol shook Baekhyun and brought his conciousness back.

Baekhyun:Mmm...Sehunnie...i-s..

Chanyeol: Tell me! Was he the one we met today?! Oh Sehun?!

Baekhyun lowered his head and agreed.

Chanyeol: That guy...I mean Oh Sehun....Your ex?!

Baekhyun shook his head as a yes.

Chanyeol sat in a sofa in despair next to Baekhyun's bed. Baekhyun immediately kneeled down on the floor in front of Chanyeol.

Baekhyun: I'm sorry Chanyeol-ah, I never thought I would meet him again. I never thought these feelings would return. All these feelings that were locked away...people can move on so quickly so why can't I?!

Baekhyun while sobbing: I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I don't want to hurt you but I always do...

Baekhyun rested his head on Chanyeol's lap.

Baekhyun: Chanyeol-ah please forgive me....I will try to change myself....We will start again....

Chanyeol felt guilty for some reason and pat Baekhyun's head while Baekhyun was blabbering...

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun's face which rested upon his thighs, asleep. Baekhyun's eyes were puffy for crying continuously.

He slowly picked Baekhyun up and placed him comfortably on his bed. He took off the coat of Baekhyun's tuxedo and was about to place it on a hanger in Baekhyun's cupboard when a diary caught his eye.

He took them out and opened the diary and started reading the half burnt pages of Sehun and Baekhyun's love story. He also looked at the pictures, the memories Baekhyun carried day and night.

From the writing,he understood that the ring Baekhyun wore as a necklace was given by Sehun.

Chanyeol placed the diary down and gazed at Baekhyun. Tears rolled down from his eyes.

Chanyeol wiped his eyes: I envy this person that you loved so much. Why him Baekhyun-ah? Why do you love that guy so much? Why not me? I have been waiting for your since 5 years but still you didn't give me place in your heart. I wish I was him.

In the morning, Baekhyun woke up with his head throbbing from all the alcohol.

He suddenly remembered everything and rushed out of his room to see a clean floor with all of the glass missing.

He noticed on his table there was a bottle of hangover drink and a post-it note.

'Sorry I can't go to the wedding at the right time. I've already told Suho about this. I've got some urgent work to take care of so go without me. I'll join you later, probably at night. Also please remember to give them the gift in your cupboard ~ '

Baekhyun immediately called Chanyeol but Chanyeol wouldn't pick his phone up.

Baekhyun broke down in tears of dismay. He broke an angel's heart.

Baekhyun got ready and head towards the wedding ceremony but he was still gloomy.

He congratulated Suho and Lay as they were like a match made in heaven.

Baekhyun: You two look so good. You guys look perfect.

Suho: Thanks! Sadly Chanyeol isn't here at the moment. Enjoy the party and don't be shy!

Baekhyun was watching the wedding from a side. It was like dream wedding up on the clouds in the sky. It was heavenly. If things went right, maybe Baekhyun could have experienced this too, and with Sehun.

All of a sudden, he felt the strong, familiar scent moving towards him.

Sehun looked even more dashing than last time.

As their eyes met, their lips were shut.

Baekhyun tried to escape when Sehun called.

Sehun: Baekie, I have to talk to you about something.

Baekhyun's heart skipped a beat again after hearing the affectionate 'Baekie'. It was only a name by Sehun.

Baekhyun turned around and started leaving.

Sehun: Please Baekie..

Baekhyun: I don't want to talk to you.

Sehun: Please..just give me 5 minutes!

Baekhyun: NO!!

Sehun: Please just 5 minutes. I will never disturb you again. I promise...

Baekhyun's mind was telling him not to listen to this bastard but his heart was wishing to talk to him, maybe for the last time.

He followed his heart and only allowed 5 minutes.

Baekhyun:Ok fine but only 5 minutes, not more than that

Sehun: Thanks. Let's go over there and talk.

Baekhyun: No.

Sehun: Please..please...

They moved to a side and sat down.

Baekhyun: So, what is it?

Baekhyun had expected Sehun to apologize for his past actions. He noticed Sehun staring at him.

Sehun: You've changed a lot. Your hair colour is different and you're even more skinny.

Baekhyun: Physique and hair colour can change so easily. Even relationships can break within a night. One day you're there and then you're not.

Sehun: But one thing's for sure, you're even cuter now.

Baekhyun: Did you call me to talk about this nonsense?!

Sehun: Wow, you still have this hyper angry nature. Angry puppy...

Baekhyun was about to leave when Sehun grabbed his wrist.

Sehun: Baekie!

Baekhyun: DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT OR TOUCH ME!! You have no right on me now...

Sehun while taking his hand off: Sorry Mr Byun but can we talk?

Baekhyun mumbled: Shameless.

But Baekhyun was hiding the fact that he liked it.

Sehun: I still have 3 minutes. Please sit..

Baekhyun:Fine but hurry up before my boyfriend comes.

Sehun: When are you getting married?

Baekhyun: What are you going to do knowing that? Attend my wedding?

Sehun let out a sad chuckle...

Sehun: Are you happy with your relationship? Do you lik...

Baekhyun: Of course! He's tall, handsome, kind, has a good job, is funny..and loyal. He's perfect, one in a million.

Sehun: I'm glad. You deserve everything good.

Baekhyun: What about your relationship? Did you marry Yoona?

Sehun: Um...no.

Baekhyun: Then what?

Sehun took a deep sad breath: I went to China and my boyfriend is there. Here, I have a picture with him.

It was a picture of him and a man with feminine features and very beautiful.

Sehun: He's Luhan.

Baekhyun's heart was aching. It would be lying if one said Baekhyun isn't jealous. He was burning with anger.

Sehun: He is so pretty, isn't it?

Baekhyun looked at Sehun angrily: I guess....

Sehun: He is really cute..

Baekhyun annoyedly: Ok..got it.

There was a moment of silence.

Sehun: My time is up. I don't think we'll ever meet again but I hope you stay happy forever.

Sehun put his hand out for a handshake.

Sehun: It was a pleasure to meet you Byun. Goodbye Byun Baekhyun.

Baekhyun placed his shaky hand with Sehun's.

Baekhyun: Goodbye Oh Sehun.

Sehun left from there without wasting a minute.

Baekhyun waited for a while, just thinking what should he do...then ran desperately after him but Sehun's car had already rushed, leaving a devastated Baekhyun who strolled slowly back to his spot. Tears fell from his eyes. He had so much to talk to about to Sehun but he didn't know what to say. He at least wanted to hear Sehun tell him to move on and acknowledge his mistake. Most of all, he wanted to see Sehun again. He feels very angry with himself, why his heart is so weak for Sehun, who made him cry a lot. Still his skipped a bit while Sehun comes near him. Maybe he will never see that face which he loves the most.

Without his permission, sparkling tears rolled down from his eyes endlessly.

Xiumin approached Baekhyun, who's back was turned towards him.

Xiumin: What are you doing here? The dance is almost over. Let's enjoy the party.

Baekhyun quickly wiped his tears.

Baekhyun: Oh sure.

Xiumin: I know! You're waiting here for Chanyeol right? He'll arrive soon.

Baekhyun smiled lightly without a response. Everyone was dancing in couple and Lay and Suho were the highlight of the dance. The divine couple couldn't be beat.

He smiled seeing them together, but deep down, there was emptiness in his heart. Many had offered to dance with Baekhyun but he had rejected all of them.

After dance was over, it was dinner time. Baekhyun called Chanyeol but he wouldn't pick up.

Suho: Baekhyun have dinner with us. Chanyeol still has some work to do so he'll join us immediately after his work is over.

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol was angry at him and he totally deserved it. He sat down to have dinner with them.

Meanwhile:

Sehun was driving fast when he suddenly took a strange break. He took out his phone,looked at a videos of him and Baekhyun tearfully.

That memories were the best time for him.

He looked at his cute ex's videos

In Sehun's eyes Baekhyun is the cutest guy ever.

Sehun: Baekhyun-ah you are looking so beautiful

Baekhyun: Then you are lucky, this beautiful guy is yours.

Sehun: Yes!

Sehun hit his head on the steering wheel with frustration and pain.

Sehun: I'm sorry Baekie.I am really sorry...

Many of the guests left as the wedding was complete. The newlywed couple checked their gifts in one room. Baekhyun was helping there.

Lay: By the way, I haven't seen Sehun yet. Where did he go?

That name pulled Baekhyun's heartstrings.

Suho: Yeah he wasn't there during dinner. Ah I was busy with other guests, I didn't notice very well.

Lay suddenly got a call from Sehun.

Lay: Sehun is calling!

Baekhyun was all ears.

Sehun: Lay hyung are you busy?

Lay: No.And where are you?

Sehun: Can you check my black bag in the cupboard?

Lay told Suho to check...

Suho rummaged through the cupboard.

Suho: I found it!

Sehun: Do you see a passport in there?

Suho: No, some random papers. And all I see is a necklace with a puppy locket. Why do you need your passport?

Sehun: I'm leaving. I'm going back to China.

Suho snatched Lay's phone in fury.

Suho: You're leaving on my wedding day?!!! That's ridiculous!!! Are you crazy?!!! What the hell?!! First you leave my wedding and now this?!!

Sehun: I'm sorry. I'll explain some other time.

Lay: When are you coming back?

Sehun:...Never. Your party is over and we will meet in China.

Suho: But what about the work you came for?

Lay: You came to break the misunderstanding with your ex right? Did you find him?

Suho: Did you meet him? Is he married to another person?

There was a moment of silence.

Sehun: I found my passport. No worries. I'll talk to you when I get to China.

Suho and Lay: Hey Sehun!!

Sehun had hung up. They called again and again but he didn't pick up.

Lay: Did you hear how depressed his voice felt? It's worrying.

Baekhyun, eagerly: What's going on? What happened?

Lay: The man, Sehun whom you saw yesterday is like a younger brother to me. He is really a good guy. He loved someone and they were very happy together but there was a misunderstanding. He wanted to fix that. He came for the wedding and to clarify with his ex. He's suddenly saying that he's going back to China and never coming back.

Xiumin: Poor Sehun. Maybe something bad happened...

Baekhyun: But, isn't he already dating Luhan?

Lay: Luhan? They weren't dating. They are just good friends. That's true Luhan liked him a lot but he refused.Luhan even has a boyfriend whom he's going to marry soon.

Baekhyun: Why did he lie to me?

All of the others: What?

Baekhyun: After break up, did he date anyone else?

Lay: No. He loved his boyfriend a lot. But how did you know these and-

Baekhyun jumped up: Where is he right now?!

All of them were surprised.

Suho: What?

Baekhyun: I asked where is he right now?!! I need to meet him immediately!!

Lay: Why are you so desperate for his address?! Do you even know him well enough?!

Baekhyun: No one knows him better than me!!

Everyone was looking at him with confusion.

Baekhyun: I am the ex he was talking about!

Baekhyun snatched the necklace from Suho's hand.

Baekhyun: What's the address?!!

All were completely shocked.

Baekhyun: Please tell me the adress...I need to meet him..

Lay told him the address. Baekhyun dashed out of the building.

Lay, shouting: Hurry up!! He will leave soon!

Baekhyun hurriedly got inside a taxi and head towards the house Sehun was staying now.

As soon as he arrived, he paid and searched around the area, which seemed to he a residential area. He searched desperately when he heard the wheels of a luggage dragging.

He immediately ran towards it, where, there was Sehun.

Baekhyun grabbed his knees and panted in front of Sehun, who was stunned by the unexpected meeting again.

Sehun: Bae-Byun you are here?

Baekhyun: Oh Sehun, tell me what the misunderstanding was?

Sehun: How did you know I was here? You shouldn't be here right now.

Baekhyun: I am asking you something. Tell me quickly!

Sehun looked at his wristwatch.

Sehun: It's getting late. I have to go-

Baekhyun: I've been living in hell past 5 years and this is what you tell me?!!! You don't know how much I am suffering!!

Sehun: Why do you want to know now? It's too late.

Baekhyun: JUST FUCKING TELL ME!! I saw you and Yoona like that..what's the story behind that?!!! Don't tell me it was a prank or something stupid...

Sehun: Nothing. There's no misunderstanding. I'm just a cheater. Just live a happy life.

Baekhyun with a chain in his hand: What's this then?!

Sehun's head lowered.

Baekhyun: You chose it for me right?? That night, I came to surprise you for your birthday. I was so excited until my smile dropped when I saw you two in that situation! What should I think?!! I was crying in front of you OH SEHUN...but you didn't say anything. I was waiting for your call whole night, atleast a bit apology but you didn't fucking call me, in the morning too. Where were you? Your friends told me it was a misunderstanding, you love me a lot! Is this your love? Why didn't you contact me that night? Why didn't you hold me that night? Moreover WHY DID YOU EVEN KISS HER?!!!

Sehun let out a sad sigh: It's all my mistake, all of it is my fault. I should have believed you.

Baekhyun: What do you mean?

Sehun: What you said about Yoona was true. She was my first friend in college. She was very kind to me since the beginning so I wanted to not forget her even after being in a relationship with you. She also emotionally blackmailed me and I stupidly fell for it. On that night, I drank with Taemin and Kai. After they left, Yoona came to my house with drinks and food. First I had refused her since you weren't there and I had already drank but she blackmailed me again and i couldn't refuse her, she told me after sometime she will leave. I didn't expect it to be this harmful. Yoona kept forcing me to drink but she didn't drink much herself. I didn't realise it. I was in your room since I missed you and I was talking about you. At one point I got very drunk.

Yoona could tell Sehun was drunk. Sehun doesn't talk too much but that moment he was blabbering and laughing a lot without any reasons.

Yoona: It's your birthday soon, Sehun! Last year you were single but now you have someone that usurped my spot. I couldn't say it to you for years but I've always loved you. That Baekhyun!!

Sehun, who is very drunk: Baekhyun? Baekhyun is my boyfriend! I love him a lot. I miss his smile...

Yoona was getting even angrier.

Yoona: Why the hell do you like him so much?!! What's so special about him?!!

Sehun: Baekie is very beautiful. He is soooo sweet. I miss him..

Yoona: STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT BITCH!

Yoona sat closer to Sehun.

Yoona: Sehun, am I not prettier than that bitch?! See Sehun...just look at me Sehun...

Sehun opened his eyes properly.

Sehun: You're pretty.

Yoona kissed Sehun. Sehun was wasted but he had realised it wasn't Baekhyun so he pushed her away.

Sehun: What the hel-

Sehun shook his head, his brain wasn't working too much that time.

Yoona: Oh sorry! Hey have his drink to celebrate your birthday!

Sehun: No. I don't want. Baekie...where are youuu?

Yoona: Just drink this last one...

Sehun: Fine. But go home after I drink this!

Yoona: Ok!

But Sehun didn't know how strong those drinks were.

Yoona went back closer to Sehun.

Yoona: It's three minutes to your birthday! Please accept me and forget him! You're in a relationship with a guy! You'll be happier in a relationship with me.

Sehun removed Yoona's hand that she had on his shoulder. He stood up but had no strength left in him.

Yoona also stood up and held him again.

Yoona: Sehun, don't leave me. I'll be your perfect girlfriend! I'll do anything for you.

Yoona unbuttoned her shirts and showed him her sexy body.

Yoona kept his hand on Sehun's shoulder and came more closer.

Yoona: See how sexy am I. Your choice is so flat. He doesn't even have sexy boobs like me. Sehun let's enjoy tonight. You will forget him.

Sehun was trying to move but his head so heavy...

Sehun: Noooo....

Yoona: Sehun please. Just let us try tonight....you know it will be your best night ever.

Sehun nodded as a no but Yoona still kissed him.

After a bit, Yoona could hear the sound of the front door opening. From a glass reflection, Yoona could see it was Baekhyun. Yoona got mad and pulled Sehun's shirt. Sehun was trying to run to Baekhyun but buttons from his shirt fell and it opened.

Sehun couldn't even process anything. Yoona kissed him again when Baekhyun stood at the door. He couldn't even tell between Yoona and Baekhyun.

When Yoona looked at Baekhyun, Sehun looked at him too but he couldn't process anything. This is first time he drank these amount and he is not a good alchohol consumer.

Baekhyun rushed out of the house tearfully. Yoona hugged Sehun tightly. Sehun put his throbbing head on Yoona's shoulder.

Yoona: I can't believe we're so close. Let's go to the bed shall we?

Sehun: I missed you, Baekhyunie!

Sehun suddenly gagged.

Yoona: Do you feel nauseous?

Yoona took Sehun to the washroom. Sehun closed the door with Yoona outside. Sehun vomited a lot and washed up but before he could do something else, suddenly fainted.

Yoona called him for a while.

Yoona: Oh Sehun!~ I'm waiting!~ Fuck You!

Yoona left after some time.

Next day, in the afternoon, Sehun gained consciousness. His head was hurting like crazy and his body was aching due to the cold, hard ground.

Sehun: Why am I here?

Sehun got out of his washroom while massaging his temple when he saw many bottles of beer. He took a painkiller and lied on his bed. He tried to recall all of the events when he remembered everything. He remembered Baekhyun's crying face.

Sehun with his eyes widened in anger: I just fucked everything up!!! What have I done?!!!

He called and texted Baekhyun over and over again with desperation.

Sehun: Baby please pick up, pick up...shit!!

Sehun hurriedly freshened up and left for college.

He ran towards Baekhyun's class. He stopped in front of the door, panting heavily.

The teacher: Sehun? You're not in this class. Why are you here?

Sehun: Is...Byun Baekhyun here? I need to talk to him!

The teacher: Sorry. He isn't in today.

Sehun: Fuck!

Sehun didn't notice he said it out loud as the teacher looked at him weirdly. He bowed and went back to his class with a messy demeanor.

His teacher: Sehun! Why are you so late?!

Sehun: Sorry sir but can I talk to Kai for a minute?

His teacher: What for?!

Sehun: Just a minute please! It's an emergency!

His teacher: And what about your class?

Sehun: Today I can't.Sorry. I will attend tomorrow. Please send Kai...

His teacher with a sigh: Fine. Kai..

Sehun's eyes shifted towards Yoona and his blood started boiling. That moment his mind wanted to kill Yoona very badly.

Kai came outside of the classroom and Sehun dragged him in a corner.

Kai: What happened?

Sehun: Quickly, give me your phone!

Kai: Why...?

Sehun snatched his phone and started calling Baekhyun but it didn't work.

Sehun: Shit! I thought Baekhyun blocked my number but he has his phone turned off!

Kai: Did you two fight?

Sehun: I just FUCKED UP everything!

Kai: What happened Sehun? Why are looking so messy? Is he angry with you?

Sehun: No! It's much more serious than that!!

Sehun told Kai about everything that happened.

Kai: What the hell?!! Are you an idiot Sehun?

Sehun: I know bro. Now tell me where should I search him?

Kai: I guess now he's probably back at the previous house he lived in.

Sehun: You might be right...

Yoona made an excuse for the toilet and came to Sehun.

Yoona while touching Sehun's shoulder: Hey Sehun~

Sehun with a glare: Touch me again and I'll file a restraining order against you.

Yoona: But!-

Sehun pushed Yoona out of his way.

Sehun: I should've listened to all the warnings Baekhyun gave me about you but no, I was foolish. You are so selfish! Never appear in front of my sight again!

Sehun ran out of the college as Kai tried chasing him but Sehun was too fast.

Kai gave his teacher an excuse and ran after Sehun. From the person that lived there, he found out Baekhyun hadn't returned. He went inside but was disappointed to see that Baekhyun hadn't even been there since.

Kai comforted Sehun and raised his determination.

They searched everywhere from the highs and lows. Sehun had stopped eating well in days and Baekhyun hadn't returned.

The one option was to go to Baekhyun's parent's house but the only way to know that was by asking the college. He had gone to Baekhyun's hometown but he didn't know his exact location and so he returned.

First he asked all his close teacher but none of the administrators would give him the location. Finally after begging a very close teacher secretly, he got the location.

He went with Kai but it was too late. All of Baekhyun's family had left and no one knew where they went. He collected Baekhyun's father number too but it was unavailable.

Sehun sobbed throughout days with pain and extreme regret. Even now, the guilt almost broke his shoulders but the belief that Baekhyun would call him again stuck with him.

But...that never happened.

He was always very gloomy and upset.

Months later, Kai received scholarship to study in China but he didn't want to go there all by himself so he dragged Sehun along with him.

After going there, Kai befriended Lay, Luhan and Sehun also had some new friends.

Luhan had liked Sehun at one point and even proposed to him but Sehun had flat-out rejected him. He always loved Baekhyun and still does. He tried every single day just in case Baekhyun's phone once rings again. But it never happened.

Yes Sehun did attend Suho and Lay's wedding as his friends but his real mission was to find and meet Baekhyun no matter what and clear all the misunderstandings.

Sehun: It was a miracle. Finally, I found you Baekie. But my bad luck, you're not mine anymore. I'm too late.

Sehun looked up at Baekhyun tearful face.

Sehun, while wiping Baekhyun's tears: Don't cry, it'll be harder for me to leave.

Sehun turned around when Baekhyun hugged him.

Baekhyun: Don't go..

Sehun: No..your life is tied to great person now.

Baekhyun: What will you do? Find someone else?

Sehun: How could I when I had, have and will always love you? There's only one Baekhyun for me. Believe me or not, I've never been into girls, or in fact anyone else..other than you. I have never cheated on you. That kiss was a huge mistake Baekie. I can't even explain in words how much I hated myself for that. Me, my body,my lips only belongs to you, no one else.

Baekhyun and Sehun both cried in sorrow.

Sehun cupped Baekhyun's face: You said that you had always loved me and yet you didn't even give me one chance to talk to you before you took such a big decision of leaving me completely. If you had loved me so much that even after so many days you still didn't have trust?! Even as a friend, not a boyfriend, you didn't even place that trust upon me and hear me out once. You didn't even talk to me about it! You could've just given me a slap and you'd still be mine today.

Baekhyun sat down hopelessly on the ground. He pat his head and covered his eyes as regret flood his thoughts. Sehun was feeling devastated inside seeing his love one crying endlessly,he lowered and hugged him.

Sehun: Don't cry. What happened,just happened. Forget about me and my existence.

Baekhyun's eyes were red shot: Forget you? How? I can't....

Sehun: Now I am feeling even more meeting. It was better living as a cheater rather than seeing you crying like this. I can't see you like this.....I am helpless Baekie. I can't do nothing now..... I shouldn't have never come here.

Baekhyun grabbed Sehun's shirt tightly...

Baekhyun: Sorry Sehunie....I ruined everything. It's all my fault....

Sehun broke the hug: Sushh....don't say like that. Don't blame yourself. It's my fault Baekie. I should have listened to you.

Sehun looked at his watch...

Sehun: We have to separate now. It's time for my flight....

Baekhyun shook head: Nooooo Sehunie please...

Sehun gave him a peck on the forehead

Sehun: Be happy my Baekie. Goodbye. Just think we are not destined for each other. I will think you are not in my luck.

Sehun stood up, was about to leave when Baekhyun held his hand. Sehun looked back and puppy necklace hung from Baekhyun's hand....

Hope you guys liked this chapter, only one chapter left....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 1K 29
I follow him everywhere. I tell him anything. Even, I make him my first love. But he just leave like nothing. I became alone. I became the...
19.6K 487 6
Title says it all β€’Top!Baek Bottom!Yeol β€’I'm not that creative with titles so just bear with me.
21.3K 547 23
You never know when that special one comes to you or so...... be a part of your life...... Copyrights go to β†’ misspyknic (that's me)
1.7K 126 14
He loved him from ages ago , he was always obvious , yet the latter never noticed . . . . . . . . Hello guys welcome to my new sukhoon ff , this st...