My husband is a coward

By Demens88c

Taoyu's senses have been different from ordinary people's since she was a child, and any feeling she feels on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114

Chapter 14

277 6 0
By Demens88c

Huo Shu didn't expect to get an answer out of him, and even if he did, it wouldn't be pleasant.

He raised his eyebrows and glanced at the angry little brother.

"It's just a joke."

Taoyu was silent and didn't speak to Huo Shu. She turned around and went to the house to get the long begonia hairpin and handed it back to Huo Shu.

Huo Shu looked at the hairpin and raised his eyebrows: "You have such a bad temper and you are angry?"

Taoyu said angrily: "If someone looks at you when you climb over the wall of a house, do I have the words to explain it clearly? Shouldn't I be angry?"

"Your parents are worrying about the You family. No one will see it."

"Then you can climb over the wall at will? No one will think you are a thief."

Huo Shu frowned and tried to explain: "I'm just anxious."

Ji Taoyu raised her eyes and looked at Huo Shu: "Why are you so anxious? You have to leave in a hurry?"

Huo Shu didn't respond if he didn't leave in a hurry.

Taoyu saw that he had lowered his eyebrows and said nothing, and it seemed as if he had trained him. It was clear that he still had the usual straight face, but it made people feel that he was wronged.

However, it was probably his own illusion, but Taoyu still had no intention of continuing to talk about climbing over the wall, but he heard: "I won't climb over the wall next time."

Hearing this, Taoyu opened her mouth in a daze, and then averted her eyes. The fierce thorns that she had just stood up like a hedgehog immediately retracted. He then lowered his tone and said:

"Someone did ask about this hairpin at the banquet today. The brother of the Wu family said that my hairpin didn't look like a new style nowadays, but it looked like what women liked in the early years. His sister also had such a hairpin. I bought the hairpin after saving money for a long time."

Huo Shu raised his eyebrows, he had obviously already inquired about it, yet he dared to deliberately scare him.

He took a deep look at his little brother and then said, "Is it his sister?"

"I wasn't sure before."

Taoyu said: "Sister Wu's reputation is not good in the village. She is no longer in the village a long time ago."

The Wu family is considered a well-off family in Mingxun Village. Although they are not a big family, they are well fed and have plenty of money every year.

The family has four children, two sons, a daughter and a brother.

In the early years, after the girls of the Wu family got hairpins, many people came to ask for marriage, but they didn't know what to do, and they never settled on a bride.

There have been several quarrels in the family, but I don't know what the reasons are for seeking death and living.

Later, Miss Wu San left the village. What she said to the outside world was that she had disillusioned with the world of mortals, had her hair wrapped and went to the mountains to become an aunt.

But the people in the village didn't quite believe it. Some said that she was working as a child for a rich man, and some even said that she had eloped with someone.

In short, there have been some rumors circulating, but the Wu family should not respond, and no one has definite evidence. Several years have passed, and the limelight has passed, and everyone is less enthusiastic about it, so there is nothing to say.

"I was still young at that time, and I didn't know the full story of these things. But judging from this, there is no chance that she is really the third girl of the Wu family."

Huo Shu put away the hairpin and said, "Yes or no, I'll find out once I bring the things with me and ask."

Taoyu said: "You know where she is, how can you ask? There are so many rumors in the village because no one has seen her in the temple on the mountain."

"Then I'll ask her family."

Taoyu pursed her lips: "You, a man, rashly go to your house to ask about a girl's whereabouts. Soon the village will say that the mistress of the third girl from the Wu family has arrived."

"You are my savior. My family won't care if you are rude here, but others won't be able to tell. When the time comes, you can come to my dad to file a complaint. If you don't, I will embarrass his old man."

Huo Shu was speechless: "Then what do you think of me?"

"I knew you would be like this. I asked Brother Wu in advance."

Taoyu glanced at Huo Shu and said:

"I told him the origin of the hairpin and asked him to tell me the whereabouts of his sister. I promised him that he would not disturb her sister's life. I just wanted to give the token to the person who should give it to him. He has a simple temper and is easy to talk to. , was very moved, and only told me where his sister is now."

"No matter whether she is the person that Brother Changsui is looking for, Brother Huo must not leak Miss Wu San's address, okay?"

Huo Shu promised: "Don't worry, I have no interest in talking about other people's private affairs, it's only my own business."

Taoyu thought so, so she said, "Miss Wu San is currently in the Shili Cloth Shop in the city. I heard she is a weaver in the cloth shop."

"good."

Huo Shu said: "I will go to the city tomorrow."

After saying that, he flicked the front hem of his clothes that was wetted by the rain: "I'm leaving."

Taoyu looked at the hand that had been pinched just now. Now the four red marks on the four knuckles were connected into a straight line. The rough hands were even visibly red, so it seemed that they had been pinched.

"etc."

He quickly ran to the cabinet, rummaged through it, and then took out a small bottle: "Trauma plaster."

Huo Shu's eyes brightened slightly, and he raised his hand to take it, but saw his brother's hand suddenly retracted: "No, I already gave you the plaster last time, so I shouldn't need this anymore."

"Run out."

Huo Shu frowned and uttered three words, then leaned forward and took the medicine bottle back from Tao Yu's hand.

The rough fingertips scratched the delicate skin, and the tips of Taoyu's ears turned red. She quickly took off the medicine bottle in her palm and said anxiously: "How could you use it so fast in ten days and a half?"

Huo Shu put the medicine bottle into the collar on his chest: "Don't be so stingy."

After he finished speaking, he curled his fingers into his palms and deliberately avoided Tao Yu's gaze: "Let's go."

He hurriedly walked to the corner, and suddenly paused. He looked at the little brother in front of the window and said, "Are you sure you don't want me to teach You Lingxiao a lesson?"

Taoyu was stunned for a moment and realized that Huo Shu was protecting him. He felt a little moved and said warmly: "This is a family matter of our family. My parents will decide what to do."

"Then what is your decision?"

Taoyu narrowed her eyes upon hearing this.

He was very confused. In fact, he didn't know what to do. To put it bluntly, they were really childhood sweethearts. For this reason, You Lingxiao didn't have an accurate answer, and he couldn't make an absolute conclusion.

Seeing this, Huo Shu understood the little brother's hesitation. He didn't say anything else, but stepped on the peach blossom tree next to him, jumped up the wall and climbed out.

Taoyu suddenly came back to her senses and saw Huo Shu and the knights in the storybook disappearing on the flat courtyard wall like flying over the walls. She couldn't help but take a deep breath.

It's better not to make Huo Shu angry in the future.

The next day, the rain that had been falling for two days finally stopped.

Huo Shu got up, packed up, and prepared to go to the city, but Yuan Huiru pulled him to have breakfast.

After dinner, it was already broad daylight.

Huo Shu got on his horse in the yard and said, "Is there anything missing at home that you would like me to bring back?"

Yuan Huiru said: "I just went to the city two days ago. There is nothing missing at home. You should come back early after finishing your work."

Huo Shu responded and drove his horse out.

Today is market day. There are more market vendors in the city than usual, and there are also a lot of people coming into the city to buy things.

When Huo Shu arrived at the entrance of the village, he saw two or three carts parked on the road, recruiting people coming into the city to sit on them. There were many villagers gathered around.

Only on market days, families with livestock in the village would lead the animals out and harness them to carts to drive people around twice, in order to earn some scrap money.

There are four or five people in each trip, and they will leave when they are full.

Huo Shu walked slowly past with his tall horse, making everyone jealous.

The horse had not been able to run for some time, and its hooves became itchy when it walked on the wide road. Huo Shu originally wanted to let the horse have fun, but he heard a familiar voice coming from the village road: "Master, wait!"

Huo Shuxun looked sideways and saw Ji Taoyu wrapped in a cloak and running over panting.

"Brother Tao, are you going to the city today too?"

"Yeah. I almost didn't catch the train."

"You come just in time for us to leave."

Taoyu responded, went around to the back of the cart and climbed up. The lady on the cart pulled him because she was afraid that he wouldn't be able to get on: "Are you going to buy medicine for the folks today or go to the market?"

"There are a lot of mature medicinal materials in autumn. Azu Medical Center will buy a lot of medicines at this time of year. This season is the busiest. There is nothing to do when the family comes in. My father asked me to go to the medical center to help Azu sort out the medicinal materials."

"After all, Brother Tao is very capable. He understands pharmacology and can help the family with a lot of work."

Taoyu smiled politely. He sat upright and gathered his cloak to wrap himself up.

Then he stroked his chest to calm his breath. When he raised his head, he saw Huo Shu's strong black horse, and his eyes opened slightly.

The people on the horse looked at each other, but they didn't speak in a tacit understanding.

Huo Shu shook off the reins, and the horse ran a few steps before being caught between his legs and slowed down. It was walking in a position where the people on the cart could see it.

"That's the godson recognized by Yuan Huiru. I saw him at the You family banquet yesterday. He was looking very straight."

"I heard that he hasn't gotten married yet. Mr. Zhang thinks that he can be your son-in-law. He will be regarded as a capable master."

As soon as he finished speaking, several married women and husbands laughed softly.

Taoyu was a little restless at first. He didn't sleep much last night, and he wasn't in good spirits today. He wanted to catch up on some sleep during the day, but his father woke him up early in the morning.

Ask him to go around the city and collect medicinal materials with his ancestor.

He knew what his father was thinking, and he was probably worried that he would be bored at home and be sad, which would ruin his health, so he sent him out. It was better to relax than to keep worrying about this matter.

It was difficult for his parents to do what they wanted, so he was too lazy to support them and still went out according to their wishes.

When I heard several people talking about Huo Shu, his listless body seemed to have found something to cheer him up, and his ears stood up involuntarily.

He sat in the middle, not quite understanding what was so funny about this. Is it bad to be capable?

"He looks outstanding, but he doesn't seem to have any savings. He is from a foreign country, and he is from the north. He has settled in from all over the world, and everyone knows what the Zhao family is like."

"That's right. I haven't heard of what he does for a living. It depends on whether a man has the ability to make a living. Otherwise, it will be very difficult."

Taoyu hid in her cloak and covered her face, her eyes darting around as she silently memorized the words of these husbands and ladies.

These are families with brothers and girls at home. Knowing their requirements for choosing a husband will roughly give you an idea of how to get a wife and husband.

He has no need for these, he is just kind-hearted and helping others listen.

Huo Shu was serious in speech and was not very willing to talk to others. Apart from him, he probably had not spoken to any other girl or boy in the village.

That's all. He is from a foreign country, unlike the villagers who were born and raised here. Even if he is not good at pleasing girls and boys, as long as he has good character, there are matchmakers willing to help him.

If he listens a few more words, he can tell Huo Shu when the time comes, so that if he wants to propose marriage in the future, he will know how to impress his mother-in-law.

The autumn wind blew whistling, Taoyu listened to the chatter on the other end, and secretly glanced at the tall figure standing on the horse not far away, and her mood became much brighter unconsciously.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641K 53.7K 32
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
7.7M 307K 34
BxB --------- Torin Frey has a crush. With his eighteenth birthday right around the corner, he'll soon be able to identify his Mate. Hopefully it's...
38.8K 1.7K 5
Bryan is an orphan, and although He's already 24, he was never once adopted due to his "Mental health issues" or better yet, for being a "Manipulativ...
9.8M 643K 75
Yaduvanshi series #1 An Arranged Marriage Story. POWER!!!!! That's what he always wanted. He is king of a small kingdom of Madhya Pradesh but his pow...