How Could You

By Healing_Xa

They were right about you and I was wrong about you. More

Character Introduction
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11

3

182 14 20
By Healing_Xa

Onika Minaj
New York

Today I was shooting a variety show with Brian. He was used to all this, while everything was a new experience for me. I made sure to take it all in as I knew that few years down the line, this would get boring.

The host was fun and everyone involved was great sport, they had me playing games and running around but it was worth it.

After the shooting we had to fly to London for a scheduled talk show appearance. This time Rihanna would guests as well.

I took alot of pictures for Instagram, I had set it up and my followers were increasing daily, people must had liked my performance.

While in London I had the opportunity to go out and explore the place. Lauren surprisingly caught a cold after shooting for the program and would have to stay in the hotel for the rest of our stay, which was just a day, fortunately.

Rihanna Fenty
Hotel de Cil

"You shouldn't be here" Lauren was stubborn and tried to get me to leave her hotel room but I wouldn't budge.

"Stop Baby" if anything she was afraid that her friend would find me in bed with her. My immune system was strong, I wasn't worried about getting sick.

"I wish I could kiss you, but I can't" I rubbed her tummy, she likes it when I do that, big baby.

"hurry up and get better" she hummed and fell asleep, she must be exhausted as well.

Truth is I wanted to call it quits, it wasn't fair on her to sneak around like we were having an affair. But everytime I look her in the eyes, I can't bring myself to break her heart, she has fallen deeper than I thought. When we were starting out, I had made it clear that it was just sex. Of course she agreed but I should had known better.

It will be harder than I thought to end this, I actually like the girl. She's the type you want on your corner holding you down.

Maybe I should wait until we get back to New York and she's in better health.

Onika Minaj
Hotel de Cil

London was so cold, first thing I did after a day out is take a hot bath. I'd go check up Lauren after and bring her something warm to eat. A part of me feels bad because she's working so hard for me, her body must had been tired thus making it easier for the flu to attack her.

She says less is more in having a team for me, afraid that some might end up selling information they get from working with me to the media. But I had nothing to hide, only bad thing I did was skip school a couple of times.

I found Lauren asleep with food on the bedside. Who could had been here, by the looks of it she had eaten, great I thought. She can be stubborn at least I didn't have to fight her just to get her to eat.

I got in besides her and she opened her eyes when she felt me hug her but closed them just as quickly.

The flight back to New York was quick, only cause I was asleep the entire flight. Rihanna seemed genuinely worried about Lauren, she hadn't gotten any better. But her concern was surprising to see, I didn't think she cared much about people around her. Lauren wasn't even directly involved in the film, I brushed it off and slept.

There's no place like home, well in my case home away from home. The weather was great. I forced Lauren to take time off, she tried putting up a fight but I threatened her with her dad. It works all the time, she threw a pillow at me as I left her bedroom. We shared an apartment, which was convenient for the both of us.

Rihanna had asked me out for dinner, she's my director so I agreed. What she failed to mention was that Beyonce would be present, just why? I had no problem with her but I felt like she was a business woman and took care of the financial proceedings, what business does she have always present be it celebratory dinner or this dinner.

"With the success of the movie, I wanted to talk to you about a sequel" I had to contain my excitement as Rihanna spoke.

I felt like the sequel was part of the initial plan and they wanted to see how the movie would do in the box office first. "I'd be honoured to continue telling the story of this woman" Rihanna seemed pleased with my reply.

I had yet to look at Beyonce, why was she here? Rihanna asked to be excused.

I couldn't stand the silence so I got up to leave "I don't bite" I stopped in my tracks and sat back down.

"You don't talk either" She had a smirk on her face. Rihanna came back just in time.

"Something came up, please enjoy dinner it's on me" no way in hell I'm staying, this woman's glare was enough to make my knees weak.

Before I could leave, food was brought to the table and it looked good, I'd be leave after eating.

We ate in silence, I even asked to be excused for a bathroom break. I took my sweet time in there, freshing up my makeup and appearance.

When I got back she got up "lets go" go where? Isn't it the part where we go our separate ways?

"Rihanna asked that I bring you home safe" her body guard opened the door for us. Never had I sat foot in such a luxurious car before.

The ride to my place was silent, her silence came across as rude. I'd imagine having to work for her with that attitude, I'd be fired on the first day.

"Is there something you want to say" I hadn't realised I was staring at her this whole time. I diverted my glance and got busy with my phone.

We finally came to halt and I was thankful to have arrived. I thanked Beyonce for the ride and got out, to my surprise she got out as well.

"What is it?" she came besides me with her intense stare "I'll bring you to your apartment" She got in and made her way to the elevator, is she always like this? Doing things without asking.

I followed behind, you'd think this was her place and I was visiting. Good thing Lauren was not home or I'd have some explaining to do.

Again, it was silent while inside the elevator. We made it to my door "this is me, thanks?" before I could get in, she held my wrist. I quickly looked at her puzzled and she let go "have a good night".

I couldn't get Beyonce out of my mind when she left. I pray that was the last time I had to be alone with her anywhere.

Beyonce Knowles
Apartment

I arrived at my place and took a cold shower and let Rihanna know I had dropped off her star home safe. Not that she'd see any of my messages tonight. I knew too well it had something to do with Lauren, she's so in love with that girl but refuses to acknowledge it.

Onika was an intriguing woman, she seemed carefree and that's rare in this industry. Most stars who've been in the game for a while turn into divas, I'd hate for her to change.

I went to sleep and woke to my phone ringing nonstop. My employees knew not to contact me on a Sunday. Whatever it was must be important.

I got up and unlocked my phone only to receive countless of messages and missed calls. One from my mother caught my eye.

Beyonce why did I had to find out from the media that you have a girlfriend? You better have a good reason as to why.

What girlfriend? I thought.

I opened my PA's message, a link was shared to some website. It was an article about Onika and I.

Beyonce Knowles, a friend of Rihanna and investor of the film which stars Onika Minaj as the lead actress was seen last night having dinner with the new star, and after dinner they left to what is believed to be Onika Minaj's apartment.

Are the two secretly dating? it's not so secret now.

Like and subscribe for more tea with our newest couple in town.

It is believed that Beyonce is in the process of having her own studio built.

Looks like the millionaire has found a muse.

Readers weigh in your thoughts, do you think they will last?

There's only one way to find out, we wait.

Bloody hell, first off I'm a billionaire not that they would know. Where on earth did they get information about my production studio?

As for Onika and I dating? What gives, just having dinner is considered dating nowadays.

I called Rihanna to have Lauren contact Onika.

My team including lawyers are probably on this as I call Rihanna.

Of course her phone was off.

My body guard Julius drove me to Onika's apartment.

I stood outside the door after knocking, after a minute or so she opened the door in nothing but tight shorts and t-shirt.

"Beyonce?! What are you doing here, I thought Lauren had forgotten her keys" I'm guessing that's why she opened the door in such a state.

"Did you see the news?" I got in behind her and couldn't help but stare at her ass, it was just there.

"I'll be back" she left for her bedroom I assumed and came back with a gown on and a phone in her hand reading what I believe to be the dating rumor.

"I had no way to contact you as Rihanna wasn't taking my calls. Your reaction from here on is important. Do not say anything or post anything. My team is dealing with this as we speak. It will blow over soon, as long as you act accordingly" she looked at me like I was crazy.

"they already have pictures of both of us entering my apartment and you thought its a good idea to come back here? We might as well announce our relationship to the public" Onika has one smart mouth, of course that crossed my mind but I didn't pay my legal team peanuts. They'll make sure no picture with me in it is released.

"Relax, I have this under control, I only came here to prevent you from saying anything at the moment" She's a rookie after all, probably no media training, whose telling what she would had said.

She starts panicking "I can't believe it, what if they say I bagged the role cause I was sleeping with you. What if my mom sees that? Beyonce what were you thinking bringing me to my apartment? None of this would had happened if you didn't!" I had to shake her to snap her out of it.

"Calm down, let me get you a glass of water before you pass out" I could already see the tears threatening to spill.

I sat her down after she drank water, this is one of the main reasons I don't interact with people.

I made a few calls as we sat in silence, after a while I got a call from my lawyer letting me know that everything had been retracted, the website is also down. However, is was already late. The news were on every social media, we were even trending on twitter, just great.

I can't believe I acted out of character for a woman I hardly knew and now my reputation had been stained.

To take control of this situation I suggested the unthinkable. "Lets date"

She looked at me like I had said something crazy, which I had. "what?! Are you out of your mind. Didn't you say your team was on it?"

"My team could only get the website down, but the pictures had already spread on socmed. We could deny it, but it won't help" she shakes her head, "this is all your fault". Like I don't already know it.

She was sat on the couch with her legs tucked under her. I cautiously approached her "forgive me" apart from my parents, siblings and Rihanna I never had to apologise to anyone before.

"I take full responsibility for all this, I will release a statement to the media" that seemed calm her down.

"I should get going and meet up with my team, for now Julius will be stationed outside your apartment, just for precaution. I'll be in contact" she said nothing and I left her place after having a word with Julius outside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 451 16
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐮𝐦 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐈𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫-𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐈'𝐦 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐝...
170K 7.6K 34
Beynika
2.3K 134 18
"i know you don't care too much, but I still care."
49.5K 2.5K 26
"Why're you so nice to people?" "You treat people how you want to be treated."