Slow Dance With The Devil [Bb...

By FriedBrain9

Bitterness. Cold. Hotheaded. Are all things that Kim Minji, the young CEO, is familiar with. She's rich and s... More

May I Have Your Attention Please
I Don't Want Her
Morning Coffee(s)
Predator Cat and Docile Dog
White Lie
Dine In Hell
Starting the Dive
The Night Shift
There's No Turning Back
Let Me Know You Better (1)
Let Me know You Better (2)
Bold Move
Flip The Switch
The Trap Went Well
Giraffe And Deer
Into Her Nest
Love, Affection, Lust
Disclosure
All The Weird Feelings
Love You In The Dark
Hard Heart
To Break Down Your Walls
Her Darkest Scars
Already Damaged
Please Let Me In
Trusting
Revenge Party [M]
After The Party
Genuine Desire [M]
A Blast from The Past
Sisters
Broken Handcuffs
Allies
No One Can Refuse Her
The Perfect Pair (1) - M
The Perfect Pair (2) - M
The Perfect Pair (3)
Bloody Hands From The Past
The Lingering Stench of Carcasses
What We Have, What We Had
Her Decision
Immersion Of The Past
And Above All, It Is You
The Last Note
The Vows and The Heirs (1): Devoted To You
The Vows and The Heirs (2): Treasure

I Love You

5.8K 313 286
By FriedBrain9

Trust.

What does that mean?

She never really had it for anyone else.

Her first trust was towards her mother, who always gave her love, looked after her with care, gave her what she needed.

'Mom was my guardian', her young and innocent self believed that.

But that feeling quickly dissipated, when her father started giving her demands and beatings. But she respected her mother anyway, and Minji knew that maybe in the future she would be able to trust her mother again.

Mom had been very protective of her and Haerin lately from that old bastard.

Then Haerin came.

Why did Dad suddenly come with a girl her age? Was Dad having an affair and that was his illegitimate child? She wondered at that time. But then she found out about the accident, and she sympathized with the cat-eye. And Haerin somehow made her feel like opening up.
Haerin was very patient with her, inviting her to talk and wanting to get to know her better but not forcing her or making her uncomfortable.

She didn't understand why Haerin was such a fool now, only trustworthy when it came to work.

And Hyein.

She found her when the tall one was fighting with thugs who she knew were her father's business rivals. Hyein was so smart and strong that she decided to make her her assistant.

A stupid giraffe who is very loyal and submissive.

But lately Hyein has been very obedient to Hanni, and she wonders why.

Hanni...

Why would the person who made her believe that there was still such a thing as 'trust' lie to her? She loves Hanni, more than anything.

She was mad, but she didn't want Hanni to leave.

But Mom took her away. But she came back...Hanni always came back.

Hanni, I want to apologize.

"Hanni..." Minji got up from the bed, wanting to go to her wife.

"You've gone crazy, you think I'm that short?" Haerin stepped into Minji's room.

Minji stopped her movement.

Not Hanni?

Haerin turned on the room light.
Minji squinted her eyes at the bright light that suddenly greeted her.

She looked at Haerin.

The cat-eyed one raised her eyebrows.

"You look like you're looking at a fish-headed human."
"What are you doing here?"
"What am I doing here? Mom took Hanni away from you, so I assumed that you would go crazy, and I'm here to keep you company. Why would I do that? Because I'm a good sister." Haerin made a smug face.

"Why aren't you with Hyein? I want to be alone." Minji leaned back against the headboard, her gaze blank.
Haerin approached Minji and stood at the edge of her bed, "Please let me sleep here, I promise in the name of my relationship with Dani I won't disturb you." She pleaded.

"Didn't you guys break up?"

Haerin gasped, "Watch your tongue you dictatorial demon!"
"Get out of here."
"That stupid giraffe has already made up with Yoona! And when I left the room to get a snack, they were sleeping cuddled up on that cramped sofa, how could I bear to see that?"
"Even that idiot is smarter than you when it comes to romance. We all know Yoona is the fiercest of our couples." Minji mocked her.

Haerin narrowed her eyes, "The nicest one is the scariest when she's angry."
"Hanni is the nicest, not Danielle, and she never kicked me out of my house." Minji stared at Haerin lazily, "Now get out."

"You bastard! Let me stay here!" Haerin grabbed Minji's sweater.

Minji's temper was peaking, she really didn't want to be bothered right now, especially by her goofy sister.

Minji clenched her fists, ready to punch.

"If you wanted Hanni to be here and not me, why did you hurt her?" Haerin exclaimed suddenly while shaking Minji's body, "You're the one who kicked her out! Indirectly! She loves you but what did you do!!!" The cat-eye shouted at Minji's face.

Minji pushed Haerin's face, "You know my past! You know I don't want..."
Haerin punched Minji's face, her frustration at the top of her head.
"To hell with your past and your whiny self! Do you really want that bitch to come after you? Is murder the only solution? Hanni helped you and here you are with your ungrateful ego blaming her!"

She pushed her sister until the woman fell to the bed, "She's PREGNANT!!! She's carrying your child! Shouldn't you be the one taking care of her??
You've become successful, you've overcome your past, and right now there are things you should prioritize more... Shouldn't you be grateful? Why do you have to be such a stubborn, selfish bastard?" Haerin panted.

"We all love you Minji, why don't you just focus on that?"

Minji was stunned.

Haerin ruffled her hair, "If you keep acting like this, Mom will really take Hanni away from you." She looked at Minji with concern.

Silence enveloped the two of them.

Haerin then sighed, "I'll sleep here tonight, whether you like it or not, I'll return home tomorrow. I also have to solve my own issues." She said while turning around.

She was startled when she saw Hanni standing in the doorway.

Since when?

"Hanni, why are you here? You should be resting with Mom." She approached her sister-in-law.
"I..." Hanni didn't continue, her eyes fixed on Minji, who was also looking at her with a surprised expression.

The three of them fell silent.
Haerin stood awkwardly between Minji and Hanni who were staring at each other.

"I'll just go to sleep I guess." Haerin scratched her nose and left them.

Minji slowly got up from the bed and walked over to Hanni, standing a few steps in front of her.
"You're here..." She whispered, her fingers lifting up to caress her wife's cheek, but stopped midway.
She slowly stepped back.
"Shouldn't you be with Mom?" She averted her eyes, feeling unsure.

"I..wanted to see you..I wanted to make sure you were okay." Hanni bit her lip.
Minji looked back at Hanni, "I'm sorry." She said quietly, "I always hurt you."

"I just want us to live peacefully." Hanni touched Minji's fingers, rubbing them gently.

Minji grasped her wife's fingers, "I messed up so many times and I never worried because I knew you'd always be here. But today you left, and I feel scared...I don't want to lose you, and our child." She looked deeply into Hanni's eyes.

The Vietnamese caressed Minji's cheek, "We promised to always accept each other under any circumstances. But I also need you to be better, and I'm here to help you. That's my vow." She said while holding back tears.

Minji rubbed Hanni's hand that was on her cheek, "Can you come back tonight?" She asked with hope.

She wanted to hold Hanni, she wanted to sleep with her. She wanted Hanni to never leave again.

Hanni smiled sadly, "I want to but I can't."

Minji furrowed her brows in surprise, "Why?" She started to feel panic. Did Hanni decide to leave her?

"Mrs. Kim is calling you Miss, your time is up." Tae Ji appeared in the doorway, he glanced at Minji and bowed his head.

Minji shut her eyes in annoyance.

"I let her come here because she wouldn't take a rest before meeting you and making sure you were okay. She's so stubborn."
Mrs. Kim appeared from behind Tae Ji and stood next to her bodyguard, Haerin peeking out from behind them.

Minji opened her eyes.
Right, Mom couldn't have just let Hanni go.

"I heard what Haerin said to you." Minji looked back at Hanni when she heard her voice, "She's a very good sister, she loves you very much Minji." Hanni smiled softly.
Minji looked at her affectionately, "Yeah..she hit me hard with her stupid words."

"You once said that you would give me the best version of you, and I still believe that." Hanni stared at Minji with teary eyes.

Minji's jaw hardened, guilt enveloping her.

Hanni stood on tiptoe and kissed Minji on the lips, "See you soon."
Minji hugged Hanni tightly, she turned her head to look at her mother, "Mom, please..."

"Like I said, use your time wisely Minji. Come on dear, let's go back, we need to get rest." Mrs. Kim looked at Hanni and smiled gently.

The middle-aged woman also didn't have the heart to separate them, even if it was only temporarily, but Minji had to learn her lesson.

Hanni looked up and gave Minji a small smile "I love you." She kissed her again and let go of Minji's embrace, then turned her body around and went to Mrs. Kim. Tae Ji bowed his head to Minji and Haerin before following his boss to the elevator.

Minji and Haerin stare at them until they enter the elevator and the doors closed
.
Haerin glanced at Minji, "Let's just sleep, I feel tired from being angry earlier. I wonder how you do that all the time." Haerin patted Minji's chest.

---------------------------------------------------

"Please finalize the results of the meeting and send it to Haerin." Minji stood up from her chair, Hyein nodded and turned off the projector, she then picked up her tablet from the meeting table.
She turned around to follow Minji, her steps stopped when she saw Ameera approaching her.

"Stop bothering my assistant Miss Bafayed." Minji said as she walked towards the glass door, she then glanced at Haerin, giving her the code to keep Ameera away from Hyein.
The cat-eye furrowed her brows, "I don't want to deal with her." Haerin whispered in annoyance.

Ameera shook her hair and smiled at Hyein, "You look so cute with glasses, I'm seeing it for the first time."
Hyein bowed her head, "Thank you Miss, now excuse me, I have work to do." She said while stepping towards the glass door.

"I hope you are free this afternoon, that Japanese restaurant across from this office looks very interesting." Ameera stared at Hyein with seductive eyes.

"I'm waiting for you in my office Hyein. ASAP." Minji shouted as she pressed the elevator button.

Hyein exhaled slowly and tried to avoid the vice president of Dubai First who was still trying to ask her to lunch.
"Miss Bafayed, please..."
"It's just a normal lunch Hyein, it won't hurt you." Ameera tucked some of her hair behind her ears and got into the elevator with Hyein.

"It won't hurt me I know, but with all due respect, I feel uncomfortable."
"Think of it as your apology for turning off my call so rudely yesterday, and not hearing from you again."
"Miss Bafayed..." Hyein started to get impatient, "We can not, and will not have any relationship except business. I'm sure you understand that."

The elevator doors opened and Hyein immediately stepped out of it, her eyes catching Yoona sitting in Danielle's room.

I'm a dead meat.

Yoona stood up when she saw Hyein, but her brows instantly furrowed as she saw Ameera walking along beside Hyein.

That snake bitch!

"I know about that, but there's nothing wrong with a friendly relationship. You have nothing to lose, on the contrary, you have a lot of benefits." Ameera said in her pampered voice, she rubbed Hyein's arm.
Hyein stopped and faced her, "Miss Bafayed, for the last time..."

"Keep touching her and you'll have no hands."

Ameera turned her head and found Yoona walking towards them with a sharp gaze and a raised chin.
"Good day to you too....what's your name again?" Ameera placed the tip of her index finger on her chin, trying to remember.

Yoona stood next to Hyein, "I will say this as an information for you to implant in your ignorant and shameless brain, Hyein is my partner and none of us are interested or would be in a relationship with anyone else, especially  a snake like you.

We already have plans for the future and we're going to put them into action. And you, will not be included in it. Now, get away from her, she will have lunch with me."

Silence.

Danielle's mouth was half open looking at them.

Hyein stood awkwardly while Yoona and Ameera were having a staring competition.

"Does anyone want to join us for lunch at Kabuki?" Na Gyung walked into Danielle's room, her brows furrowed at the unusual atmosphere.

She glanced at her sister, and then at Hyein and Ameera, and she immediately understood what was going on.
"Ameera, let's have lunch together, we have something to discuss about the funds for the first quarter of marketing." She said, and then looked at Danielle, "Please tell Haerin that I need a summary of the number of new contracts in the past year, in detail, by tomorrow morning at the latest."

"Noted, Na Gyung Unnie."
"Would you like to join us for lunch?" Na Gyung smiled at the Australian.
Danielle shook her head, "I brought lunch, thank you."
"Okay." Na Gyung turned around, "Let's go Ameera."

Ameera smiled sweetly at Yoona and walked after Na Gyung after blowing a kiss to Hyein.
The giraffe had to hold back Yoona who was about to take off one of her high heels to smash it into the Arab woman's face.

"Come on baby, let's have lunch." Hyein held Yoona's fingers, the doe-eyed one pulled the collar of Hyein's shirt so that the tall one lowered her head, and kissed her lips, "I love you." She whispered passionately.

Hyein closed her eyes, she then smiled softly, "So do I."

"Alright, I know you guys are not getting divorced but there's no need to show off your intimacy in my area. Shoo, shoo." Haerin passed by them and headed towards Danielle who was typing on her cell phone.

"Dani, baby..." Haerin approached her fiancé, "Haneul said you haven't come again for the second measurement of your wedding dress." She said carefully.
"I'll be there tomorrow afternoon."
"Then do you want to have the reception here or in Australia?"
"We'll do it at my home."
"Oh..oh yes, I know you want to do it there, together with your parents..and Bruce..ha ha.." Haerin's voice was getting quieter.

Danielle turned to Haerin slowly, "I didn't hear you clearly."
Haerin was covered in cold sweat.
"I mean, do you already know what you want for the buffet?" She grinned nervously.

Danielle stared at Haerin intensely.

She then continued typing, "Yes, I've taken care of everything." Her eyes were currently refocused on the small screen in front of her.
"Really? Why don't you just hire a wedding organizer?"
Danielle stopped her movements, "It's our wedding, I want everything to be perfect because I want it to be the first and the last. And you? You only asked about it today." She turned around in annoyance.
"You kicked me out and won't talk to me, how can I communicate with you?" Haerin scratched her left ear.

"Why didn't you show me your effort Haerin." An angry tone began to sound from Danielle's mouth.
"I'm trying! But I don't want to force you either, I don't want to make you more upset... I just don't know what to do."
"Why don't you try harder like you used to? I was angry with you once too, remember? Does everything feel easier now?"
"But the problem is bigger now, you said it yourself."
"Too many excuses." Danielle's emotions rose to the top of her head.

Haerin slowly came over to Danielle, she squatted down next to the woman's chair. The Australian glanced at her and furrowed her brows, "Haerin, what are you..."
"I'm sorry...but back then what we did had a strong reason behind it, and back then I was also afraid that you would hate me. I didn't want to lose you...I'm sorry I wasn't being honest when I had so many chances." Haerin stared at Danielle's face.

"I missed you." Haerin gently pulled Danielle's hand and kissed her fingers, she then looked at her fiancé, putting on puppy dog eyes.

"Marsh, have you seen Haerin?" Minji suddenly appeared in Danielle's room.
Her eyes immediately caught the sight of Haerin crouching down and holding Danielle's hand, she furrowed her brows, "What are you doing stupid? Asking for forgiveness?" She said.

Haerin stood up, and looked at Minji with annoyance.
"Did you do Na Gyung's request?" Minji asked, not caring about the expression on the COO's face.
"She didn't say anything to me." Haerin furrowed her brows.
"She asked me to tell her, but I haven't gotten around to it yet because I'm drafting an invitation email for the annual shareholders' meeting next month." Danielle answered Minji.

Minji looked at the two of them in turn, "Just finish it today." She said as she walked past them.
"Her behavior has gotten more and more shitty since Hanni left." Haerin grumbled, she then looked back at Danielle.

And immediately found a pair of soft hands pulling her face, and her lips met with something soft and moist, with a raspberry fragrance.

"So stupid and annoying, but also so sweet. I can't be mad at you for long." Danielle said after releasing her lips, pretending to be upset.

"Then... can I go back home today?" Haerin asked with hope.
"No."
"What? But..."
"Hanni is staying with me, so you'll be staying with Minji for the time being."

"Dani, baby, she wouldn't let me stay at her place!"
"You two need to be punished, and don't you dare tell Minji that Hanni is with me, or you can only stay with me after we get married."

Haerin's mouth opened wide.

"But she'll find out anyway!"
Danielle kissed Haerin's lips again, "Then it's your duty to keep her from coming near Hanni, or your mom will punish you too." She smiled sweetly.

Haerin cried inside.

Not fair...

---------------------------------------------------

A few days later.

Saturday, Minji's favorite cafe, 8 in the morning.

"This is supposed to be my lazy day." Haerin yawned while scrolling through her phone screen, Minji sat across from her, typing on her laptop.
"You live with me, follow my rules."
"Did you force Hanni to get up early too? Certainly not." Haerin scoffed.
"She woke up earlier than me."

"Where's Hyein?" Haerin asked before taking a sip of her tea.
"It's her day off, she's probably with Yoona."
"Did you know about the transfer of M University's ownership?"
"Yes, Mom bought the place, and bought all the shares. She's the sole owner of the place now."

Haerin looked at Minji, "Do you know the fate of that bastard Han Woo's family?"
"Mom came to them, gave them two choices, leave the country forever or she would gather them up and burn them alive in their own university."
"She really is your mother."
"Mom could be more cruel than Dad if she wanted to, my birth is the reason she changed." Minji stopped her activity, "Did you know she is the daughter of the biggest mafia family here?" She finished her coffee.

Haerin's mouth opened wide.

"Dad would have been buried at the bottom of the sea if Mom had told Grandpa how he treated us all these years, but she didn't, because of her love for that bastard. Suing for divorce was the best way, but Mom hasn't told Grandpa yet."

"Then, if he starts messing with us again, I'll tell Grandpa about it." Haerin pointed her index finger at Minji, who quickly slapped it away, "Don't fool around, that's Mom's business."

Haerin ruffled her hair, "But I think Mom might withdraw her lawsuit, Dad's been behaving better now."
"We'll see."
"Dani told me yesterday that dad transferred her some money, for the wedding expenses he said, and he asked if she wanted it to be private or have the media involved."

Minji glanced at her sister, "I think he's just being nice to Hanni and Danielle, but not to us." She snorted.
"Probably because we never pick up his calls or reply to his texts." Haerin grinned.
"He deserved it."

"But at least my money is safe." Minji added with a grin and continued typing.
"It won't, you still have to fulfill your promise. Maybe to buy Bruce and his friends dresses and tuxedos." Haerin laughed.
"Yeah, and you'll wear a sheep costume for your wedding, it'll look cute on you Kang." Minji closed her laptop.

Haerin squinted her eyes.

Minji put her things into her satchel bag, "Come on, let's go to Hyein's place, I have some business with her."
"But you said it's her day off."
"Don't argue, just come along."

----
****

Yoona stood next to Hyein while folding her arms in front of her chest, she looked at Minji who was sitting on the sofa. " Today's Saturday." She said with annoyance.
"Yes, I know." Minji showed a nonchalant facial expression.
"Then why are you here?"
"I have something to tell Hyein."
"There is a technology called cell phone."
"Not interested in using it."

Haerin glanced at Yoona, she could see two horns coming out of the woman's head.
"Did we come at a wrong time?" She asked. Yoona looked at her, "Think for yourself."
"You look so angry, were you about to do something when we came?" Haerin asked again.
"Take it easy Seol, we won't be here for long. I understand you don't like to be disturbed when you're alone with Hyein." Said Minji, she chuckled when she saw her assistant's face turning red.

"Come here Hyein." She called out. Hyein approached Minji and bowed her head.
"Did I get you in trouble a lot?" Minji asked the giraffe.
"ALWAYS." came Yoona's reply.
"Be honest Lee." Minji stared at Hyein.
"Yes Miss Kim." Hyein looked into her superior's eyes.
"Do you have a grudge against me? With what I've done to you?" Minji stood up and looked at Hyein intensely.

Hyein bowed 90 degrees, "I'm sorry for what I'm about to say." She then straightened up, "I didn't have a grudge for you, but I want you to have more respect for the people closest to you, especially your wife, Miss Kim Hanni."

"Right on target Hyein!" Haerin shouted.

Minji was still staring at Hyein, the corners of her lips raised, "You're right." She said then, taking a few steps closer to Hyein, "Thank you for your honesty." Minji patted Hyein's cheek.
"Yes, you're a brave person Lee!" came Haerin's shout again.
"Please continue with what you wanted to do earlier." Minji winked at Yoona and stepped towards the door, Haerin following her, "Bye love birds!" she waved.

Yoona stood with furrowed brows and half-open mouth.

They must be drunk.

----
****

Hanni stuffed the last of her nightwear into her suitcase, her eyes roaming the bedroom, making sure nothing was forgotten.

Well, I guess that's everything.

She's been staying with Danielle at Haerin's for a week now, Mrs. Kim coming every day to make sure that Minji doesn't run into the Vietnamese. She even told Tae Ji to keep watch at her second daughter's house.

She turned around when she heard the door open, Minji was standing in the doorway, looking at her.
Hanni gave a small smile, she hugged Minji's neck when the taller one walked up to her and hugged her tightly.

They didn't say anything.

Just hugged each other.

"I missed you so much." came Minji's deep voice, hovering above Hanni's head.
Hanni didn't answer, she kissed Minji's neck and hugged her tighter.
"Did you eat well?" Minji asked, Hanni nodded.

"I'm sorry." Minji let go of the hug slowly, she kissed Hanni's forehead, "Thank you for always being patient with me, I hope you don't mind to do it for a while longer. There's a lot that's going on inside me, and I need you to be with me..."
Hanni raised her face, looking lovingly at Minji, "I won't go anywhere. And I'm sure you can be a better person. We will get through this together. I believe in us Minji." Her smile was gentle.

Minji could not say anything.

"Please don't do anything weird in my room."

"I don't want to either, that's the bed where you and Danielle did your perverted deeds." Minji looked at Haerin who was in the doorway, an expressionless look on her face.

Hanni faced Haerin and bowed her head, "Thank you for letting me stay here, even if it's for a while."
Haerin smiled, "You are always welcome here sister-in-law." She then glanced at Minji, "Take good care of her, or Mom and I will kill you. Maybe Hyein and Dani will help us too."

Minji just smirked, she then looked back at Hanni, "Let's go home?" She extended her hand.
Hanni smiled softly and held Minji's hand.

"Let's go home."

---------------------------------------------------

A/N: Next chap will be the last.

Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄❤️🫂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 10.3K 37
Kim Minji was going through her mothers diary one day after she died and found writing and love letters from someone that was not her father. She als...
9.7K 800 17
❝Loving you is both my salvation and my sweetest sin.❞ Despite being a billionaire, Minji never bothered to fill the void in her heart for love and t...
24.1K 1.2K 21
An ambitious intern. A perfectionist executive. And a whole lot of name calling. Whip-smart, hardworking, and on her way to an MBA, Hanni Pham has on...
12.8K 642 31
In a world where not everyone is given a chance to say goodbye nor a second hello, Danielle finds the girl who left her without a goodbye. Although g...