On Higher Ground

By CynnNaniCarter

If You Ever Kept A Secret From The One You love, This Is What It Feels Like... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014 - not proofread
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
026
027
028
questions for my readers..

025

5K 270 269
By CynnNaniCarter

Armani Jada Milan
ST. LOUIS

1:14 pm

"Awn, look at tete baby." Paris cooed at Kameryn as his small head rest on my chest. "Look at him trying to lift his head up."

I chuckle, looking down as Kameryn try to lift his little head up but it bobbed around.

"Ou, you know who he looks like?" Paris ask.

"Girl, stop." I roll my eyes.

"I'm just playing." Paris chuckle, taking a bite of her pickle. "I'm joking."

These past three weeks she's been saying who my baby look like as a joke but none of this shit is funny to me. Today we get the results through email and I'm nervous as hell, I kind of have an idea of who the father is because of Kam looks but I want to be sure.

"Kameryn stinka mannn." Paris grab his tiny hand and began smelling him.

I chuckle, "I be doing the same shit."

"I can't wait to have a little mini me." Paris pouted. "Think me and Devin a make good parents?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I think you will make a good mother but you and Devin aren't together right?"

Paris shook her head. "We're going to get back together. He having his fun now but trust he a be running back home to me in no time."

My sister delusional.

I run my fingers down through Kameryn curls as the room went silent. I love my son entire life, these past three weeks had been everything-I love being a mom.

Jourdan check in time to time but he don't actually come see Kameryn like Tremani do. Of course I want Tremani to be my babyfather, he's here all the time and don't take our situation out on Kam. My son innocent in all this.

I unlock my phone, checking my email again and the email finally popped up. I sat up clicking the email with no hesitation.

I read over the letter before clicking to see the results and just as I thought 99.9% Jourdan Mitchell. Just great maybe he'll step up as a father now.

"Paris." I sighed.

"Yooooo" She dragged, leaning back on the sofa.

"Jourdan's the father." I told her.

"Well Well Well." Paris shook her head. "Tremani would've had them bills paid."

I sucked my teeth as she laughed. "Play to much, that's why I don't tell you shit."

I sat up as Kameryn began to whine.

"He know his daddy a bum too." Paris laugh as I stood up with Kameryn in my arms.

"Shut up, hoe." I threw Kam blanket at her. "I don't know how I'ma tell Tremani." I pouted.

"Tuh, me either. Good-luck with that one." Paris said.

I went to my call log and called Jourdan. He's the father, he should be the first to know.

"Wassup." Jourdan nonchalantly spoke.

"The results came back." I began speaking. "Kameryn's yours."

"YOU'RE THE FATHER!" Paris yelled in the background as if we were on the jerry springer show.

"Really?" Jourdan asked.

"Yea." I replied. "Look I know these couple of months has been crazy and hurting for you but Kameryn's your son and he's innocent in all this. I know this isn't an ideal situation but can we just leave everything in the past and just coparent?"

"Yea, fasure. I'm on my way right now." Jourdan said.

I said okay before hanging up and placing Kameryn down in his baby swing.

"You gon call Tremani?" Paris ask. I shook my head.

"Later, Jourdan is about to come over." I told her.

Although me and Tremani isn't together, he never let what we had going on interfere with his relationship with Kameryn and that's what I love about him.

After two hours Jourdan finally showed up. He sat on the edge of my bed holding Kameryn as he slept peacefully.

"You going to get his last name changed?" Jourdan asked.

"Yea." I lied. I don't even want Jourdan to sign the birth certificate, his mother crazy ass might convince him to try to get full custody of Kam and I'm not going for any of that shit.

"Damn, I'm a dad now." Jourdan looked his disbelief. I chuckle.

"I still can't believe I push a whole human out, that would never actually sink in." I told him.

"He everything, Armani." Jourdan peck Kam's cheek. "How we going to do this?"

I sighed. "I was thinking when he turn three months he can go stay nights over with you. I feel now he needs his mom more than ever but I or my mom don't mind if you come spend the night here with him". I explained.

"Fasho, I'm with that." Jourdan agree, not picking an argument which made me smile.

"I'll be going back to work then too." I said.

"You still in school though right?" He asked.

"I nod my head, I started online January 8th and my graduation date is May 28th.." I told him.

"I took some semesters off." Jourdan said. "But I'ma get back in school, I got some motivation now."

I nod my head. Jourdan look down at his phone, I guess checking the time.

"I got to go though, I a pull up on him tomorrow." Jourdan said, standing up on his ten. He gently place Kameryn in my hand as he began to cry.

"Okay." I said, rocking him side to side. "Lock the door on your way out."

9:24 pm -

I tiredly walk to the front door. I am beyond exhausted, I have help but between school and taking care of a new born I get no time to sleep.

I open the front door seeing Tremani standing before me.

"You needed to talk?" Tremani ask. I shook from the cold breeze coming from the outside. I nod my head and rubbed my eyes.

I shut the door and locked it as Tremani came inside. He sat on the sofa, "Where lil man at?"

"Upstairs." I told him. "I honestly forgot I told you to swing by."

"It's cool, you look tired as hell." He replied.

"I am." I chuckled.

"I could stay up with Kam while you catch up on some Z's." Tremani offered. See, he so sweet and I'm about to break his heart.

"No, It's okay. We really need to talk." I said, taking a seat beside him. "I had got the results today." I added, playing with my necklace.

Tremani head dropped. "You ain't even got to worry about it, Armani. Tuh."

"I am so sorry I even put you through this, Tremani." I place my hand on top of his. "I never wanted any of this to happen, but my son is literally my happiness right now. I don't regret none of this and I definitely don't regret meeting you."

Tremani pull his hand from me, rubbing his hands down his face.

"I'm sorry." I said again, although my apologizes mean nothing.

"It's cool, it hurt cause shorty cool as hell." Tremani let out a light chuckle. "But I understand, I knew the possibility."

I nod my head. "I appreciate you."

"Hm." Tremani place a pure gold Jesus piece. "For lil man."

"Thank you." I said placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Let's go upstairs, I a watch him while you catch some snooze."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 183 32
π’πžπœπ¨π§π 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐀 𝐨𝐟 𝐄𝐫𝐨𝐬. 𝐊𝐲𝐨𝐀𝐒 𝐚𝐧𝐝 π‘πšπ§π¬π¨π¦ 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐒𝐭𝐑 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐭𝐰𝐒𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 . π“π‘πž 𝐭𝐰𝐒𝐧�...
160K 9K 26
read and enjoy πŸ–€
122K 1.9K 25
I'm in love. With the wrong person.
467K 11.6K 50
"But whatever you do, stay away from thugs". I was told this all my life but thugs were sexy and had money. Every girl loves a man that can handle he...