Captured by aliens (It was hi...

By ATallFennnec

Sean found an alien ship and ended up on a different planet, as one does. He escapes them and tries living in... More

1. Into the ship
2. Out of this world (literally)
3. Captured
4. Escaped
5. Surviving the wild
6. Hunting
7. Caged again
8. The call
9. Figuring out eachother
11. Finally well fed
12. Gained Toru's trust
13. The mirror
14. Treating Toru
15. Recovering from the lamp
16. Checking up on Toru
17. Some good food
18. Getting Toru some new stuff
19. Untangled hair
20. A good scare
21. Watching Tv
23. The twin
24. Socializing Toru
25. Alone in the room
26. A couple clients
27. Increasingly bored
28. An earful from Tegnuk
29. A small improvement
30. A bit of a shocker
31. Going to the kitchen
32. Could Toru be a pet?
33. A chill evening
34. Toru understands words?
35. Stressed
36. Toru goes on a trip
37. Trapped in a new cage
38. Toru messed up the equipment
39. New things for the room
40. New things to test out
41. The new ball
Another setback, sorry 😬

22. A tablet kid

439 21 9
By ATallFennnec

Ri's perspective:

Thankfully Toru was sitting still for a while, watching the screen with both of them until Tonuk's watch rang.

It was the tone Tonuk set for serious/emergency calls, and it startled everyone.

Tonuk had to leave as a Turo had gotten hurt pretty bad while play fighting, and since he was the veterinarian, he had to go.

And so, he and Toru were left to eachother, where they continued watching more shows.

Ri was thinking to himself meanwhile, first on continuing his plan of learning how Toru was feeling based on its smell, which was going fairly well, though he realized he forgot to tell Tonuk about it.

Then he realized that he had to talk with Tonuk on if they should continue teaching Toru more words, since other species its size only remembered ~30 words, so they should prioritize teaching it usefull things.

He was taken out of his thoughts as he felt Toru pull his arm up on its lap and then start poking at his watch.

He turned the watch on and showed Toru how to use it, watching as it fiddled around with it.

As he took a picture of Toru, he decided to see how it would react to the tablet, since that thing actually had games, instead of just being for utility.

He watched as Toru was messing around with some apps, finally settling on playing something.

It was playing completely wrong, as it was setting things, bassically at random, and in front of all the animals, instead of saving the herbivores, but still, he was impressed that it understood how to move stuff around in the game.

He continued watching Toru play until Tegnuk came to their house since Tonuk asked for him to come help out.

He quickly left, leaving some food and water for Toru, quickly telling goodbye.

They started talking while hurrying to go to the place.

Tegnuk- "Why did we say goodbye to it?
Y'know what, just, whatever.

So, basically, when we were cleaning up after the fight, some of the Turos smelt that scent they release when they're hurt, and they got agitated and fought more, so, yeah"

Ri- "Alright, so I guess I'll help out with treating wounds as well?"

Tegnuk- "No, don't worry about that, Tonuk has it under control, it's mostly so you can help us finish up cleaning, since we don't know where the Turo put the scent, so we need your help with that"

They went inside the building, where Ri quickly finished what he was called over to do.

Having finished the 5 second job, he decided to go help out Tonuk, who by the time he walked into the clinic, was already done.

They quickly patched up the two other Turos that got hurt, though by the time they were done, it was already time to close up the shelter.

While packing up the Turo and getting stuff out for the night they chatted idly, firstly about the scent thing with Toru and then on what to train Toru to do.

Tonuk- "Well, let's just stick to basic things for now like, to stay and stuff like that"

Ri, while laughing- "Actually, I just remembered something funny,

So, I think i accidentally turned Toru into a tablet kid, you know, that thing that happened when the first tablets were made?"

They both laughed for a bit before finishing up and heading back to their house

Tonuk- "Well, it's fairly late now, so, I don't think it's a good idea to take Toru back here, since it's very cold, what do you think of letting it stay with us?"

Ri agreed and they went back home, only to see Toru still playing on the tablet, which they laughed at.

Still, Tonuk was fairly impressed that Toru was able to use the tablet and so, they were left wondering how it was able to understand it.

After dome talking Ri remembered how when some animals saw someone use the tablets, they learned how to use them.

So, since Toru seemed to be good at copying behaviors, like with being able to use vases and repeating words.

Then maybe, just maybe, there WAS another sentient species from where Toru was from, and now this could be proof that they had advanced technology.

After a bit of talking they settled on that it likely was placing stuff on accident, since the game only let you place stuff on one row, and it snapped it into place, so maybe that's how it was able to play for a while.

Still, they were happy about this discovery and took note of telling Gint as soon as possible the next day, since by now he was likely asleep.

So, they decided to get Toru to sleep, taking it to their bed where they got ready to sleep and carried Toru on top of.

Thankfully, it was mostly cooperative and slept close to the bottom of the bed, though Ri pulled it closer to them so it wouldn't be cold, since the nights were getting colder quickly because of winter.

It seemed to be already asleep, which was weird, especially with how deep its sleep was, which is uncommon, but, it does happen with some pack animals, so that was a nice thing to add next morning.

.

Ri woke up to Toru snuggled up to Tonuk, je was a bit jealous, but still he couldn't really say he didn't expect it, since the Tonovo quite litterally evolved to give out heat when sleeping with others.

Still, he decided to give Toru a small pet and go get the tablet to search something that he was curious about.

It had been a while since they got Toru back from the wild and they weren't allowed to search there since police were researching that whole fiasco with the two hunters.

He found an article talking about the scene, but it didn't say anything he didn't already know, so he sent a message to the police station back on his planet asking about their progress and on when they would be allowed to see what Toru was up to for a whole 6 weeks.

While the message was traveling, which would take 3 minutes to get there and a lot more for them to answer, he decided to call Gint and chat with him for a while about the whole thing with the tablet.

Eventually, Gint got to his job and had to finish the call, leaving Ri to himself again, since both Tonuk and Toru were still asleep.

He decided to go to the office and start drawing to pass the time, but when he got there he saw as the few pages he had out were completely covered in random scribbles.

He put them aside after a small inspection, since they were obviously from Toru, and yeah, they were just random scribbles, though it was weird how it completely filled all pages, but avoided staining the desk, though he assumed it was maybe luck.

He was about to start drawing after preparing his stuff until he heard Tonuk get up from bed, so he decided that he would do it later and instead make breakfast.

He quickly prepared a bunch of vegetables for the three of them, leaving some for Toru, who was following them around.

They finished eating, but had to wait for Toru to finish as well, as it ate slowly, though Ri noticed something concerning

Ri- "Hey, did you notice that Toru sucks its fingers when they have like, stuff on them?

What if it eats the ink we have?
That could be dangerous"

Tonuk agreed, bringing his knuckles to his mouth and thinking for a moment.

Tonuk- "We should probably not let it use your ink then, but yeah, I guess we'll have to figure out how to let it draw later on"

Ri- "Well, basically all ink is made with chemicals that are bad if you eat them, so, I guess we'll have to figure something out later on.

Actually, we could just let it draw on the tablet"

Tonuk agreed as Toru finally finished eating and they cleaned the dishes.

They got ready to leave for the shelter, deciding to take Toru with them now that it was slightly warmer.

Ri- "What do you think of getting Toru to get to know Tegnuk?

Since yesterday they saw eachother and it was surprisingly calm"

Tonuk agreed and they went inside the shelter, talking with Tegnuk and getting him to agree to meet Toru.

Fun fact:
Due to the cold, both the Tonovo and Dije evolved ways to share warmth with eachother to survive and as a way to bond with eachother.

The Tonovo developed a system where, when pressed by someone other then themselves, their bodies automatically send blood to the spot that's pressed, warming up the area, though quite a large percentage of them can do it consciously without the need to press on a specific place.

The Dije didn't evolve for as much time as the Tonovo, so their methods are simpler, instead simply twitching rapidly to create warmth to share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 3.7K 34
Twenty five years after the attack of alien spacecraft, Earth is no longer the same. Not for humans, let alone for me, who was born from a human and...
148K 7.7K 54
New edited version out now!!! I highly recommend reading that one instead, as this was the very first rough write of this story! As an alien invasion...
941K 94.7K 75
Computer updates are simple, right? Apparently, that's not always the case when it involves a Spaceship's AI in the middle of deep space. We have alw...
769 27 34
We always thought that nature have a way of balancing things. What if it's not true ? what if it was something else ? *Contains Violence and profanit...