The Copyist (One Piece & OC)

By Thattorichick

A 19 year old girl is suddenly reincarnated into a battlefield as a young baby within the world of One Piece... More

Chapter 1: I'm Where!?
Chapter 2: My New Life
Chapter 3: Here Comes Luffy!
Chapter 4: Enter Sabo!
Chapter 5: Our Dreams!
Chapter 6: Love Punch!
Chapter 7: Family
Chapter 8: Treasure
Chapter 9: Take Off!
Chapter 10: The Idol has What!?!
Chapter 11: North Blue
Chapter 12: Oh My Beard
Chapter 13: Mayday!
Chapter 14: What a Croc!
Chapter 15: Hooked into the Situation
Chapter 16: Find It Fast!
Chapter 17: Meet the Crew!
Chapter 18: Day 1 of 365
Chapter 19: Watch Out! Falling Boat!
Chapter 20: Upper Yard
Chapter 21: The Altar
Chapter 22: City of Gold
Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme
Chapter 24: Ark Maxim
Chapter 25: Giant Jack
Chapter 26: A Balloon What?
Chapter 27: Welcome to G-8, Psych!
Chapter 28: Woah Waterfalls
Chapter 29: Galley-La Company
Chapter 30: Luffy's Decision
Chapter 31: Worrisome Ordeals
Chapter 32: Trapped on a Train
Chapter 33: Interference
Chapter 34: Enies Lobby
Chapter 35: Strawhats' Arrival!
Chapter 36: Finally, Freedom!
Chapter 37: The 8th Straw Hat
Chapter 38: Goodbye, Old Friends
Chapter 39: Water Seven's Wonders
Chapter 40: Our Next Adventure
Chapter 41: Enter the Fog
Chapter 42: A Sticky Situation
Chapter 43: Haunted Woods
Chapter 44: Night Raid
Chapter 45: Hidden Husband
Chapter 46: The Humming Swordsman/I OBJECT!
Chapter 47: Looming Threats
Chapter 49: New Resolves
Chapter 50: Enter the Groove
Chapter 51: Auction of Action
Chapter 52: Trouble Making Trio
Chapter 53: Poof!
Chapter 54: Out of the Frying Pan & Into the Fire
Chapter 55: Prison Break
Chapter 56: Fight to Flee!
Chapter 57: Final Preparations
Chapter 58: Into the Fray!
Chapter 59: Clash of Steel!
Chapter 60: Do or Die
Chapter 61: Our Next Steps...
Chapter 62: A New Season
Chapter 63: A Dark Gloomy Castle: Wish Granted
Chapter 64: Return to the Groove
Chapter 65: YOU'RE ALIVE?!?!
Chapter 66: Into the Deep
Chapter 67: Ugg, Water
Chapter 68: Fake Invite
Chapter 69: Water Fight
Chapter 70: Oh, Another Masterplan
Chapter 71: Hordy's Downfall
Chapter 72: Treasure Hunt Gone Bad
Chapter 73: The Crying Snail
Chapter 74: Enter the Playroom
Chapter 75: A Large 'Room'

Chapter 48: My Vow

1.2K 55 4
By Thattorichick

***Amaya's POV***

I'd been limping for some time, making my way to the Sunny. It was slow going since my hurt ankle didn't like pressure being put on it. The heels didn't help, but there was no way I was about to go around this war zone without shoes.

Despite the long walk through the ruined mansion, there weren't any zombies. Where were they? Did they all leave or something?

I'd finally made it to the bridge that Franky must have built, which was the final stretch of the journey. After this, there would be a short climb down a ladder then bam! I'm back at the Sunny where I can sit and wait on the others.

I go to limp another step until I see a blur and feel an impact on my stomach. I fell backwards from the force, landing on my back. Luckily, I lifted my head in time to avoid hitting it.

Looking at my torso, I see a fluffy cloudfox staring at me intently.

Wheezing slightly since she just knocked me breakless, I say. "Chi...You've got to stop doing this to me." I lean my head back as she starts to squeak up a storm. Yelling at me for being careless, getting captured, making her worried, the usual really.

"CHI cHi chI!" She squeaked getting in my face.

"Yes, I'm listening." I sigh, sitting back up.

"Chi Chi," she questioned as she eyed my outfit, which was still the wedding dress.

"Yeah, my kidnapper wanted me to marry him, but he was left unconscious at the altar. Don't worry."

"CHI!!!"

"Yeah, he was a bit of a nutjob, but what's new, right? On the bright side, I gained a new ability." I smirk.

"Chi," She deadpanned.

"Umm, yeah, really. I tricked him to kiss me on the forehead, so it wasn't that bad."

She just continued to look at me like I'm an idiot.

I fake cough looking the other way from my friend's judgment. "So, why are you here? Franky said that Luffy wanted you to stay on the ship." I ask with a quirked eyebrow. She's usually very good at listening.

At my question, poor Chi started to shake, worrying me further. I pick her up and cradle her to my chest.

"Deep breaths, girl. What happened?" I stroke her fur in an attempt to calm her down.

"ChI chi cHi Chi."

I froze, having heard what went down on the Sunny. How could I forget such an important detail?

"I'm an idiot." I mumbled after I buried my face in Chi's fur.

"Chi?" She questioned what I knew and what we were going to do.

I take a few breaths to compose myself before lifting my head to look at a concerned Chi.

"Well, I have a plan, but you're not going to like it." I said, earning a squeak of protest before I explained.

***Mini Time Skip Brought to You By Chi's Fluffy Fur***

Chi and I followed the sounds of destruction until we regrouped with the Strawhats. They were still battling Oars who had Luffy's stretching ability.

They were all battered and bruised, but at least they were still alive. The majority of the group stood off to the side as we all watched Luffy go to work on the giant.

Luffy wasn't his normal self though. He was much taller than normal and had a blue complexion. He looked like a larger, buffer, bluer, version of my best friend.

I limped over to the others who hadn't noticed Chi and I yet until I spoke.

"What the heck happened to Luffy?" I question as I too watch the impressive battle. Despite being about 1/100th of the size of his opponent, Luffy wasn't only holding his own but giving Oars trouble too.

The group turned to me, startled. A few relaxed after seeing it was me.

"Ama-chan! Ama-chan!" Sanji started to shout my name in glee. Hearts were brushing out of his eyes and other random parts of his body. "Sweet Ama-chan!"

I smile at his silliness, thinking that it was kinda cute. "I'm here. Calm down a bit." I laugh out loud.

His demeanor then took a one-eighty, as he started to cry. "I'm glad! Thank goodness! I'm so glad Ama is okay!" He then started waving around some fans with hearts in the middle as he continued. "Thank goodness! Please forgive me for failing you!" He finished as tears streamed down his face.

"Geez, what a loudmouth." Zoro grumbled next to the blonde. He continued to steal glances at me throughout the ordeal though, likely checking for injuries since that was a habit of his.

I gave him a smile to let him know that I was mostly okay. Besides, my hurt ankle and my powers not activating, I was at 100%. Okay, that's a lie but good enough for what needs to be done.

Looking at the girls I raise my eyebrow in question, hoping that someone will answer my earlier question.

"Apparently that's Nightmare Luffy." Nami supplies.

"He's been stuffed by 100 different shadows to increase his power." Robin morbidly mentions with a smile.

I shake my head both at her antics and Luffy's, but I know that his bet will pay off.

Knowing that this battle wouldn't last much longer, I started to sweep my gaze across our surroundings. High upon a building overlooking everything was none other than Kuma himself. He was very tall and very stoic, creating an eerily sensation.

There were only a few details that I remembered about the man like how his power partially worked and how he'll eventually be turned into a robot-like creature. The most important thing that I could remember though was that he could be bargained with.

I returned my gaze to Luffy as he was unleashing a powerful assault upon Oars. With a fury of punches and kicks, he sent Oars and Moria, who was inside the beast, into the mansion's wall, knocking them out.

"Are you okay?" Zoro asks, standing next to me. I didn't even notice him walk over.

Not trusting myself to give a convincing smile, I face Luffy as I respond. "I'll be better once we leave this island." I respond, watching many shadows leave Luffy's fallen body.

We all ran over to Luffy, seeing that he wasn't moving after his fall.

"Hey, Luffy! Hang in there!" The sniper shouted.

"Luffy!" Nami called.

Among the group of gathers were also people who appeared to be from another group of pirates. They must have lost their shadows and were in hiding.

"It's not my place to ask after pushing him, but will he be okay?" One of the pirates spoke.

"I bet his body is absolutely exhausted." A female pirate with pink hair styled in twin braids responded. She carried twin swords behind her tall figure.

"Anyway," another started. "We need to recover all the shadows as quickly as possible!"

"The sky is starting to get dangerously bright!" Another warned.

"How do we get the shadows back? I've got four comrades who've lost theirs." Usopp questioned.

"Ideally, we would ask Straw Hat to retrieve them." The pink haired lady responded.

"He's too exhausted to move." One of her compadres noted for her.

"Moria reigns over the shadows in all the zombies. Unless he personally says, 'Return to your original master', our shadows won't come back."

"Well then let's hurry up and get our shadows!"

"What was the point in defeating him if we don't reclaim our shadows?"

The question was left unanswered as Oars rose back to his feet, silencing the group besides the sounds of strangled breath.

"This is it! It's over! Straw Hat crew can't fight anymore!" Someone panicked.

Taking up the challenge, the Straw Hat's started to rally. Luffy led the way as he pounded his fist into the ground to push himself up.

"Straw Hat?!" The surrounding pirates shouted in unison, followed by different voices of concern.

"Just one more attack, damn it." Luffy resolved as he ignored the protests. "That really took a lot out of me." He said as he panted. "Robin!"

"Yes, I'm here." The ravennette answered.

"I want up!" He ordered, looking at the taller building behind Oars.

"Roger. I'll provide the footing."

One by one the Strawhats started their preparations either by making a grand entrance or running off to prepare something.

Luffy glance at me before giving a small smirk. "Just you watch." His statement held many layers of meaning.

I smiled, wishing that I had my camera on me, but it was taken by Chi back to the ship some time ago. She said I dropped it when I first got kidnapped.

Robin created the pathway towards the top of the island as Brook carried Luffy up. Nami created rain to soak Oars before Franky and Usopp froze his bottom half in place. Next up was Sanji, who kicked the metal chain that controlled the rudder over Oars. This kept the giant zombie in place. Zoro then unleashed a major technique that sliced Oar's stomach. Following Chopper's orders, the chain holding Oars started to move, forcing him to stand straight.

Finally, Luffy was soaring down towards Oar's head.

"GUM GUM GIANT BAZOOKA!" He yelled, snapping the zombie's spine into many pieces.

"HE DID IT!!" All the surrounding pirates yelled.

I myself was grinning so largely that I don't think I could stretch them any further. Oars was officially down, and dawn was starting to make its appearance.

Seeing that Usopp and Franky were the closest ones to me, I quickly limped over to them before pulling them into a hug.

"You guys were amazing!"

"Chi!" She agreed, jumping onto Usopp's head.

"I'm always surprised at the speed of your building Franky." I comment.

He struck his usual pose. "What can I say, I'm extra SUPER this week!" He laughs before getting out of his pose.

I laugh too. "Nice hair by the way. It's funny when it's all droopy like that." I got Chi off of Usopp as he seemed lost in thought. "You good there?" I question.

"Yeah, but we're not done yet." He then turned to face Luffy's direction. "Luffy! Hurry and get everyone's shadow's back! This is no time to be partying! All of you are toast without them!" He reminded everyone, pointing to the sun that was beginning to rise.

"Now go smack Moria awake and make him return our shadows!" The female pirate prompted.

A large step sounded though not as large as Oar's.

"I don't need.... a wake-up call." Moria spoke as he stood, grinning maniacally.

The lady then continued to threaten the Warlord with Luffy kicking his butt. I mean she's not wrong, but if she's not going to do anything herself, she should stay out of it.

"Gh-Shi-Shi-Shi," Moria's horrid laugh sounded. "This isn't a schoolyard fight. Even the threat of death is meaningless before a true pirate. Now I've figured out the cause of Straw Hat's power up! How vile of you to use my shadow ability against me!"

As he spoke, I made my way over to the rest of the group, ending up between Sanji and Zoro.

Moria then redirected his attention to a currently chibi Luffy. I'd forgotten that his powers caused him to shrink for a bit after its use.

"Straw Hat, how dare you thrash Thriller Bark like it's nothing!" Moria ranted.

"That's what you get for interfering with our voyage!" His higher-pitched voice answered. "Now give back our shadows before the sun comes up!"

"Gh-Shi-Shi-Shi! At your current strength you would have died if you even continued your journey. You're nowhere near strong enough to face the New World. You seem to have a pretty decent crew, but you'll lose them all. You know why? I learned the answer myself through life experience. I lost all my crew because they were all alive. Zombies are the best comrades."

He then started to send out different shadows tendrils from his feet, going in every which way. "Come to me, all the shadows on Thriller Bark! Serve as my power! Shadow Asgard!" He called out as the shadow tendrils started to gain lumps, indicating that the shadows were returning to him.

"The shadow's...No way!" Nami says upon realization. "He's absorbing all the shadows on the island."

"Straw Hat," Moria started to laugh. "I'd say you absorbed around one hundred shadows. In that case, I'll absorb one hundred, two hundred, three hundred." He started to keep counting up by a hundred each time, growing more and more grotesque as he went, along with more powerful. "Nine hundred, one thousand shadows!" He finished as he was now nearly as large as Oars.

The surrounding pirates all started to lose faith in this battle, seeing that the light was nearly upon them.

"He looks bloated." I comment, unimpressed by the packaging of the man's ability.

I hear a small snicker on either side of me. Chi nodded her head from her current place on my shoulder.

"He has Luffy's shadow inside of him too." Franky comments behind us.

"I'd imagine he has ours as well." Sanji speculates.

"They're all inside," Usopp says.

"His belly." Chopper finished.

Fearful, the surrounding pirates started to make a run for it.

Moria reeled back his fist before he struck the ground, creating a large crack within the island. That's some power. The remaining bites of the mansion started to collapse.

Unyielding the Strawhats and I stood our ground. The ones with the most concern would have to be the two next to me, Luffy, and Robin, who had all lost their shadows.

"He's practically going berserk. He doesn't have full control of the shadows." Zoro analyzes.

"It looks like anger and foolish pride made him overestimate himself." Robin added on.

"Well, you know what they say, right. The pride comes before the fall, and the bigger they are, the harder they fall. I'm looking forward to both in this scenario."

"Chi CHi," she snickered.

"Hey, guys, we're out of time." Luffy states, as he assumes a fighting stance. "So I'm going to push myself a bit. Please take care of things after that."

"Yooosh, you can count on us!" Franky got pumped up.

"Send him flying!" Usopp yelled.

"Second Gear!" Luffy called as he rushed into battle.

"Will we self-destruct first? Or will Moria self-destruct first?" Zoro questions.

I scoff. "That one's a no brainer."

Zoro looks over at me.

"Luffy's got this, no sweat. He always bounces back." I state as I watch him zip around, fighting Moria. As Luffy pounded his torso, shadows would escape from Moria's mouth.

Even after Moria's brutal retaliation, Luffy stood back up.

"It doesn't matter if I'm a 'whippersnapper'. Or if I stand out! No one... can...crush me!" He stated quite literally after Moria's failed attempts of crushing him under his foot.

"Can't be crushed? Your ability to say that without any justification proves just how green you are!" Moria responds.

"That's cuz I'm rubber." Luffy states.

"What'd I say? Always bounces back." I laugh, loving the double meaning that Luffy just created for my earlier statement. Chi started to laugh too.

"In just a second, I'm going to make you spew out all of the shadows." Luffy declared. "Gear Third!" He inflated his fist.

"Hey, is it wise to use that attack twice?" Franky shouted.

"Of course not!" Usopp shouted back before turning to Luffy. "Did you forget what using Second Gear did to you that one time?" He mentioned the time that Luffy couldn't move back to Enies Lobby.

"This is really crazy! Your body can't take this!" Chopper starts to freak out with worry.

"Leave him be." I state. "This is his resolve."

"Chi cHI ChI?" She questioned in concern for later.

"Yeah, this is what I meant. Don't worry, I'll handle it." I say, rubbing her head in comfort.

I noticed two pairs of eyes on either side of me glancing in confusion, but I pretended not to see them. This wasn't the time. At least, not yet.

"Gum Gum Giant Jet Shell!" Luffy called out, ramming into Moria's stomach once again.

The shadows started to escape from the confines of Moria, but the stubborn man used both hands to cover his mouth.

The pirates who stayed near to watch started to call for their shadows to return to them.

"I've got something I want to say to my shadow too." Luffy mentions. "If you want to become king of the pirates, you'd better stick with me!" He claimed before ramming Moria again.

The impact caused another building to also land on Moria, forcing the majority of the shadows out of him.

"Straw Hat, curse you! I dare you to come to the New World! The real nightmare awaits you in the New World!" He foretold as the rest of the shadows started to escape.

The building that landed in Moria then split in half, allowing the rays of dawn's light enter the courtyard we were standing in.

Zoro's head burst into flames from his nose up. Robin's entire head became engulfed as well, along with a shoulder. Sanji's chest and up was inflamed. Lastly, on the ground in his chibi form lay Luffy as half of his body was also consumed.

"Wait! What's going on?!" Usopp panicked. "Didn't we take Moria down?!

I simply grabbed the hands of both Zoro and Sanji on either side of me, hoping to provide a little comfort until their shadows returned.

Everyone started to call out for everyone who was combusting from the light.

After about thirty seconds, their shadows returned, restoring their bodies in the process. The part of the crew that was flipping out a moment ago were all jaw-dropped shocked, seeing that their friends were okay.

"Eh ha ha ha," Zoro actually laughed slightly at the situation. Checking out his hand that wasn't holding mine, he flexed and unflexed it with a smirk. "I'm very much alive!"

"For a second, I thought I was about to go to Heaven." Robin states.

"Sounds good to me!" Sanji rejoiced, still holding my hand. "Getting to hold hands with Ama-chan is worth it!"

"This isn't funny, you jerks! We seriously thought you were dead!" The long-nose snapped, baring his shark teeth. "You nearly vanished!"

Nami and Chopper were slumped on the ground, sitting back to back. "That was terrifying!" They both cried with tears streaming.

"Goodness. That was bad for my heart." Brook said. "Not that I have a heart." He comments.

"It looks like they're all okay too." Chopper mentions as we hear the rejoicing of the other pirates.

We all chilled around the resting Luffy. Half of us were sitting while the other half stood. I was still between the two guys since neither had let go of my hand yet. I figured they either forgot or didn't really care one way or the other.

It was nice to have a moment of peace, but I knew it wouldn't last long. The only question was, how long do we have until he arrives?

"Anyways, I'm just glad we didn't lose anyone." Usopp sighs in relief.

Franky leaned against a large rock, letting out a tired grunt. "All of a sudden, I feel totally wiped out. Is there any cola around?" He questioned.

"Sorry, Franky. My abilities still aren't working at the moment, so I can't make you a drink. My drink-drink ability would have come in handy right now." I give an apologetic smile.

"Not your fault. You're still a badass even without your powers. Speaking of which, how's the ankle? It was busted earlier."

I just smiled and didn't respond, letting that be my answer.

"Didn't Luffy shrink back there?" Zoro mentions.

"He told me that, after he uses the Third Gear, his body shrinks for however long he used that gear." Chopper explains.

"Don't you think Luffy's new fighting style is too hard on his body? I'm worried. If the enemies waiting ahead of us only continue to get stronger, he's gonna keep pushing himself. We need to pull our own weight better." Usopp comments.

"You're right." Nami agrees.

"It's good that you are starting to feel the urgency, but don't be too hard on yourselves. For today, celebrate your well earned victory, and tomorrow, you can start to prepare for your future."

The conversation then turned lighter as the other pirates started to come over to thank the others. The pink-haired lady, who was their captain as it turned out, offered to marry one of the guys as thanks. She was promptly rejected by all of them at once. Poor thing.

Nami then got excited at the prospect of milking them dry of all their cash and valuables. When they offered to swipe all of Moria's treasure and load it on the ship, Nami said that it was already there.

When the heck did she get that done or was it Perona who loaded it? Nami then seemed to freeze in place.

"I forgot about something important!" She exclaimed.

"What is it?" Usopp questioned the girl's sudden mood change.

"We've got a problem!" She declared.

I see. It seems that my fears have come true. The sound of a snail-sponder could be heard to our right.

We all snapped our heads in that direction to see the culprit. Sitting on top of the broken building that crushed Moria was Kuma himself. He was talking into the snail-sponder with who I assumed was the fleet-admiral, but I could only guess.

"It would seem so." Kuma responded.

"Who is that?" Usopp asks.

"There he is." Nami lamented as her breathing started to slightly quicken. "Everyone remain calm and hear me out. During our fight with Moria, I forgot to mention this. There is someone else on this island, who is a member of the Seven Warlords!"

"That's a Warlord?!" Usopp didn't remain calm. "That's messed up!"

"What are two of the Seven Warlords doing on the same island?" Chopper wondered.

We finally found a replacement for Crocodile. It would look bad if another one of the Seven Warlords needed to be replaced. Is he still breathing, even if barely? The snail spoke.

"I don't know." Kuma answered smoothly with a robotic feel.

If he's still alive, I'd like to wait for his recovery and let him retain his position as one of the Seven Warlords for a while. We can deal with it later. If we lose one Warlord after the next, the title will cease to demand respect. This information must not get out to the public. I swear, those pirates are nothing but trouble. You understand what I'm saying, don't you? Do not leave witnesses to testify that Straw Hat defeated Moria. The World Government is giving you a special mission. Annihilate everyone on the island, including the Straw Hat crew.

"That will be easy." Kuma responds.

"No way! We can't fight two Warlords in a row!" The sniper complained.

"It took all we had just to defeat Moria." Chopper assessed.

Zoro squeezed my hand before letting go. He then drew a sword and started to walk towards Kuma. "Everyone, stand back. I'll take him on."

"Be careful! He has some kind of power. I saw someone vanish when he touched her with his hand." Nami warned him.

"The people he touches vanishes?!" Usopp was grabbing the sides of his head.

"Scary!" Chopper agrees.

"And he can also warp." Nami added.

Franky humfphted. "We've got a freak on our hands."

I internally scanned my powers, hoping that they would work by now. However, I was left with a harsh reality. I guess I'll have to do this the hard way.

Zuma took off the glove that was covering his hand, followed by the other. In a blink of an eye he then vanished before popping up in the midst of the pirate group behind us.

He pierce through a large group of members without even touching the majority of them, leaving shivering chills cascading down everyone's backs. Kuma then popped back in front of Zoro, who's back was now turned to the man.

Zoro turned around to face his opponent.

"Pirate Hunter Zoro. I will start with you." Kuma states.

The other pirates started to protest the situation and yell at Kuma for not fighting fair. They said that since the Straw Hats just finished a tough battle that they would take him on.

"Shut up and stay back. He asked for me. Or didn't you hear? I'll accept the challenge. I don't need backup. Don't make me look bad!" Zoro commands. Zoro readied another sword.

"You and your crewmates have earned quite the reputation, along with that friend of yours you all travel with. It's said that Straw Hat Luffy has several skilled subordinates on his ship." Zuma speaks.

Half of the Straw Hats start to be flattered at the compliments, irking the female pirate captain in the process.

"You have stirred up trouble in various places. Your captain was not the only one to make a name for himself over time."

Zoro changed his stance, preparing to charge.

"Hey, Zoro! Wait! This is totally nuts!" Usopp shouts at his back. "You're battered and bruised clear to the bone!"

"The world is designed so that when it rains trouble, it pours. If I start making excuses, will someone come rescue us? If I die, then that shows the limit of my ability! Two Sword Style-Sword Draw-Rashomon!"

Zoro charged forward in a blink of an eye; however, Kuma was still fast enough to dodge and still get in front of him.

Zuma's hand loomed over Zoro's head, making the swordsman rush to the side to avoid getting hit. A large paw imprint was left embedded deep within the concrete.

Zuma then sent an airborne paw at Zoro, which nicked his forehead during his dodge.

"See! He hasn't even done anything and Zoro's breathing heavy!" Usopp screams.

"What's that ability! What's the mark he keeps leaving in the debris?" Nami tries to assess.

Zoro was on his knees yet unrelenting in spirit. "Thirty-six Pound Phoenix!" He unleashed his technique for Kuma to reflect it.

"He repelled Zoro's attack with his bare hand! Is that even possible!" Chopper hollars.

"Is that your ability?" Zoro questioned the Warlord.

"I have the power to repel various things. I have eaten the paw-paw fruit, I became a paw man." He stated as he revealed the paw marks on the palms of his hands.

"Why does that sound peaceful? Are there soothing devil fruits?!" Usopp wondered.

I mean I have one that makes drinks, so I'd have to go with yes on that one. However, I don't think Kuma's fits that category.

"It's hard to say whether you're a Warlord or a purr-lord. Maybe he's not a big deal after all." Franky comments.

Kuma then sent a paw at Franky, hitting him right in the chest. The cyborg flew backwards still feeling the impact through his metal enhancements.

"Franky!" Chopper yells, running over to check on the man.

We learned that the attack was called 'Paw Cannon', which derived from repelling air at the speed of light.

Kuma then took a stance like a sumo wrestler, burning both feet in a widespread stance. "Your time is up." He declared, unleashing many 'paw cannons' towards Zoro.

Zoro dodged each and everyone before attempting to attack himself, but Kuma repelled all three of his blades with his hands.

"Zoro, behind you! Run!" Usopp tried to warn the man.

Sanji squeezed my hand before dashing over and kicking Kuma in the face. "That's as far as you go! Concasser!"

"Sanji!" Chopper cheered.

"He didn't repel it with his paws! I bet Sanji cracked your skull, you bastard!" Usopp tagged in.

Smoke was coming from the area that Sanji kicked, but Kuma didn't even budge an inch.

"Jerk! Stay out of this!" Zoro snapped at the blonde until he saw what we did: Sanji falling while clutching the leg he just kicked with.

Sanji thrashed on the ground in pain, as pained cries escaped his mouth.

"Black Foot Sanji. So that would be you." Kuma states, unfazed.

"Fire Bird Star!" Usopp snipped his projectile.

"Sogeking, the king of snipers." Kuma decides, turning to face the oncoming fire. "What a presumptuous title." He declares, reflecting the attack back at Usopp.

As much as I wanted to step in, my best shot would be after his big attack that knocks everyone out. The others wouldn't agree to my idea, and I can't have two arguments at the same time if I need to be convincing.

Zoro and Sanji sat kneeling in front of the Warlord. Franky is struggling to get up. Usopp now charred while the others worried, and Luffy was still down for the count. I wish Kuma would hurry up. It hurts to watch.

I grab Chi from my shoulder to cradle her within my arms. This is both to gain her comfort, and to shield her from the oncoming attack in the future.

"As I feared, I will not derive pleasure from killing you while you are in this weakened state. The World Government ordered me to annihilate everyone, but.." He trailed off, holding both hands above his head.

My eyes widened in realization, seeing that he was preparing his large attack. From the size of it, Chi would still be harmed.

"Chi run now! You can come back later if you want, but you have to leave now!" I set her on the ground, glad when she bolted as requested.

"Air? Is he condensing air?" Nami questions.

"The bubble is getting smaller." Chopper comments.

"When all that air depressurizes, it will generate power." Robin states. "The giant sonic blast it creates will be like a bomb."

A bomb. One that I must stay awake during in order to save them.

The air was now a palm-sized bomb, being held by Kuma. "I will spare your lives. In exchange, all you need to do is hand over Straw Hat Luffy's head." He paused as his offer sunk in. "As long as I get his head, the World Government will not complain."

"You want us to sell out our friend?" Usopp's voice deepened in anger.

Sanji rose to his feet, having a dark look in his eye.

Many of the others mirrored that expression.

"Now then, give Straw Hat Luffy to me." He declared.

"We refuse!" We all yelled in unison. I refuse to let my best friend be killed here.

"A pity." Zuma said before he shot the paw bomb closer to us. "Urusas Shock." He named his attack.

An enormous shockwave blasted the area, spanning for who knows how long. Chi...I hope you made it somewhere safe...I momentarily black out from the pain fading in and out of consciousness.

When I fully came to, my body's nerves were raging. Buzzing like an angry swarm of bees that all decided to go for the sting. I forced myself into a sitting position, the pain flaring within my palms as I pushed off the ground. I then continued until I was standing on my feet.

Looking around, I see everyone knocked out except for two others.

First I see or rather hear is Zoro. "Are you absolutely insistent on taking Luffy's head?" He questions Kuma.

I stumble my way over as I hear the response.

"That is the most I can compromise."

"All right. I'll give you a head." Zoro resolves. "However, instead of taking his, I would appreciate it if you took mine instead! My bounty isn't worth much yet, but I was going to become the greatest swordsman in the world! This should be a fair trade!"

"Are you really resolved to die for that man? Even when you have such a dream?"

"Right now, it's the only way to save my crewmates! My ambition mean nothing if I can't protect my own captain. Luffy will become king of the pirates!" Zoro declared.

I enter their line of sight, speaking to earn their attention. "That's not the only way to save your crewmates, Zoro." I tell the man before shifting my gaze over to Kuma. "He is right about one thing though. Luffy will become king of the pirates. However, no one can make it there on their own, so I'm going to do my part now."

Before I could continue, Sanji interrupted me. "Wait! Wait! You green-haired bastard! What good will come from your death? What happened to your ambition, stupid?"

"Why, you..." Zoro spoke, staring at the two of us.

"Hey Colossal," Sanji spoke to Kuma. "Instead of taking that moss head swordsman's life, take mine! The Marine still doesn't think much of me, but before long, I'll be the most dangerous member of this crew. I'm Black Foot Sanji!" He declared, standing tall despite his obvious struggle.

Then again, I'm not one to talk as I internally feel the same way.

Sanji stood in between the kneeling Zoro and Kuma, and they were both to my right as Kuma was diagonally across from me to the right.

"Now kill me! Don't take his life, take mine!" Sanji spoke again. "I've always been prepared to sacrifice myself for the others. This is where I'll die gloriously!"

Before Kuma could respond, Chi zipped through as a blur, stopping in front of me.

"Chi CHI?" She sadly questioned.

"Yes, Chi. It's time." I respond, pulling out a handful of senbon needles in each hand before launching them at my targets. Expecting me to be aiming at Kuma, both Sanji and Zoro's expressions turned to shock when they realized I had hit them instead.

I had done the same move to them as I did to Absalom. Their bodies were now frozen in place, and they would soon lose consciousness until someone removed the needles.

"A-Ama-chan! What are you doing?!" Sanji questioned.

"Ama don't you dare! Release me!" Zoro added.

"Sorry, but as I mentioned earlier, Zoro. There is another way that doesn't harm your crew. You guys will be fine once Chopper removes the needles. You'll just take a nap until things are over."

"Ama-chan, don't do this! I couldn't save you before, but at least let me do it now!" His expression turned panicked.

I walk over to him, placing a hand on his cheek, giving him a small smile. "I'll be okay. Watch over Luffy for me. That's the biggest help you can do for me. Thank you for coming to save me. Now let me return the favor. This is my choice, so don't blame yourself."

Unable to fight off the effects of the pressure point, Sanji lost consciousness. I gently laid him down, so he wouldn't fall over later. I glanced over at Zoro who had an unreadable face.

"I'm impressed you're still awake." I comment as I walk my way to stand in front of him.

"Don't do this." His eyes bore into mine. "Let me do it!" His expression started to match Sanji's earlier.

I shook my head. "You know I can't do that, Zoro."

"I forbid you from sacrificing yourself! You have no right!" He started to get mad.

I was starting to get ticked off. "You will not keep me from fulfilling my promises, one of my dreams, Swordsman. I will protect my friends in place of my family I couldn't. Not just Luffy! But you too! And everyone else on your crew!" I started with an even voice until it rose at the end.

I took a breath to calm down, softing my tone. "You said earlier that when it rains trouble, it pours." I look into his eyes. "So let me be your umbrella." He didn't say anything else which I took as his silence although begrudging agreement.

"Chi," I call.

She hopped onto my shoulder, so she could nudge her head against my cheek. I returned her affection, pressing my cheek slightly into her.

"Watch over this one for me, will ya Chi? He has a bad tendency of getting lost."

"Chi!" She responded, agreeing to my request.

I was surprised that Zoro didn't take the bait. He usually did when someone comments on his sense of direction or lack thereof. He was simply watching me with a conflicted expression.

"Hey, Zoro? Please look after Chi. She's fast, but I always worry for her safety."

He nodded his head in agreement as it was the only part of his body that he could move.

"Go on, Chi. His time is nearly up." I comment, noticing the effects of the needle finally starting to get to the man.

She hopped onto Zoro's head, laying down in his hair.

I turned around to face Kuma before glancing back. "Oh, one last thing, Zoro. Don't tell Luffy. He would only blame himself."

Even though Zoro wasn't fully knocked out, I couldn't keep Kuma waiting any longer. It was a miracle that he waited this long.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. Instead of Luffy's or these two's heads, I offer you one that's worth even more, mine."

"Sky Goddess, Amaya. You are in fact worth more than Straw Hat Luffy; however, you are only wanted alive."

"At this point it should be fairly obvious that I will never give the World Government access to my planes. Enies Lobby should be proof enough of that when I sliced my plane with my own sword. So by taking me out now, you'd be doing them a favor, killing off the last survivor of Arocana."

I give him a moment to consider my offer. "So what do you say? Do we have a deal?"

"You amuse me. With someone of your heritage to not only become a pirate herself but willing to offer your life for another pirate is interesting indeed. What's more, you even have a large dream yourself of restoring your island, have you not?" He questioned.

"That is indeed my dream. However, it's not my only one. Another is to protect my friends as I'm sure you heard me mention earlier. That includes the Straw Hat Pirates."

Kuma glanced at the newly fallen before returning his sights to me. "If I were to go after Straw Hat now, I would only bring shame upon myself."

I bow my head in thanks. "I'm in your debt, Kuma."

He lumbered over to Luffy before resting his hand above him. "Trust me not to bring him harm. I am a man of my word. In exchange, I will show you hell." He declared.

He lifted Luffy before making physical contact with his paw hand. A large paw shaped air bubble seeped out from behind the rubber man, but this time it was red instead of the bomb color white. It was larger than Kuma once it was complete.

"What I just repelled from his body was pain and fatigue." He explained, setting Luffy back down on the ground. "This is all the damage he accumulated in his battle with Moria. If you want to take his place, take all of his pain and suffering unto you. It'll be impossible for you to survive when you're already on the brink of death."

Great, so he saw through my injuries, huh? Oh well, that doesn't change my resolve.

"You will die." Kuma continued. "Have a small taste." He grabbed a golf sized ball from the large bubble, sending it towards me.

It landed in my chest before a rapture occurred within my body. It felt as if I was getting pummeled with a hot iron in various parts of my insides. The pain was so intense that with a scream I fell to one knee, gasping for air after the ordeal.

"Chi!" She squeaked from on top of Zoro.

"Well?" Kuma prompted.

Clenching my fist, I stood back up. "Let me do this somewhere else. I don't want them to see."

As blood trickled out of the corner of my mouth, I glanced back at Chi and a surprisingly still awake Zoro. My eyes widened at that bit at the knowledge before I focused back on the Warlord in front of me.

"Very Well." Kuma agrees, letting me lead the way.

Leaning more on my uninjured leg, I made my way to a small clearing that didn't have anyone around. Chi, staying true to my request, was still with Zoro.

Taking one final deep breath, I steeled myself. "Here will work. Let's get this over with." I state, facing Kuma who was walking behind me.

He moved the large red air paw to where it hovered in front of me. "Step inside."

Here it is. The make or break point of my life and dreams, but either way, I have no regrets. I take off my leg pouch, holding my senbon needles along with my gifted sword from Sabo. I then take off my bandana, letting my hair flow completely down instead of the half up half down style. Lastly, I remove the earring that Luffy gifted me as a child. Placing it all in a pile, I walk into Luffy's pain.

The pain was searing, spreading through every particle in my body. It was too much too quick that as I felt my body start to fall backwards, I immediately blacked out on impact.

___________________________________________________

This was such a fun chapter to write! I hope you all enjoyed it just as much! The Holidays are nearing, so I hope everyone is doing well and getting some quality time with their families or friends. There will be one more chapter posted at 1:00 this week. Until Next Time...

World_Imaginer

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 100 3
Nicole was eight when her life changed after eating a devil fruit that Allows the user to turn there body's to ink and after a small accident happene...
197K 7.7K 67
(Y/n) a Marine turned into a pirate. The female has no direction in life, It's like a game to her, There are no wrong choices only different paths to...
25.1K 852 22
REWRITING / PUT ON HOLD . || 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐭, 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐢𝐭? ⸺ on a sandy seafront, a naive girl dies and a beautiful...
24.4K 795 35
Book 1: No Regrets, Right? --- It's been 2 years since the Battle of Marineford. 2 years since the straw hats were separated. After taking off from...