Break From Chicago | KV

By storiesbysarah_

"I just need you ta believe in me, Kaliyah. Give me this one chance ta show you that I could be better fa you... More

Prologue: "New Years Eve Kiss"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: The Final Chapter

Chapter 23

4.2K 269 184
By storiesbysarah_

Who up? 👀 Cus I am 😂

I hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas ❤️❤️❤️

And I'm so glad you guys are loving Spin Bout U 3😭 I will be adding more chapters soon.

In the mean time tho, let's read😈

Chicago, IL📍
Wednesday, July 20th
4pm

"So how come you never told me about this big trip you went on to Mexico?"

Sitting comfortably in her chair, Kaliyah had her eyes on her father Lorenzo, who was sitting up in his hospital bed. He currently had a cannula that was inserted into his arm, basically undergoing a blood transfusion. He was still on the waitlist for a kidney transplant, so going through these transfusion's helped him in the mean time.

"Uhhh.. well it was sort of last minute, Dad."

Kaliyah shrugged her shoulders, giving her father a slightly nervous smile. It had been 5 days since she got back from her secret baecation with Von.

Von ended up staying with Kaliyah in Chicago for an extra day, before flying back home to Atlanta. He had business he needed to handle with his music label, which is mainly the reason why he went back.

Because if it was up to him, he would've stayed in Chicago with Kaliyah forever lol.

"Last minute trip huh? That sounds fun. I can see you got a tan too. I hope you wore lots of sun screen."

Lorenzo pointed out while chuckling. Kaliyah took a brief glance at her arms, noticing how vibrant her skin color looked.

"Oh trust me, I definitely layered myself with sunscreen."

She nodded.

"So who did you go on this trip with? Leilani and Shay? Was it like a girls trip or..?"

Kaliyah could feel her cheeks turning warm, just as she hesitated answering his question. She actually hadn't really told her father about Von, let alone any details of her love life in general. But, Lorenzo could just see the way his daughter was blushing, which only signaled that she definitely did not go to Mexico with any of her girlfriends.

"Leilani and Shay weren't there, but I did go with a friend."

She shyly spoke.

"Oh, like... a boyfriend-"

"Dad pleaseeee. I do not have a boyfriend, goshhhh!"

Kaliyah whined, just as her father let out a laugh. He could clearly see how embarrassed Kaliyah was, which he found to be amusing.

"Hey look, your mother was always better at these conversations than me."

He admitted. Kaliyah just chuckled a little, sitting up in her seat.

"Yeah... she was."

There was a brief silence between the two, the topic of Kaliyah's mother bringing a melancholy vibe to the room. Lorenzo just cleared his throat slightly, breaking the silence.

"Well... is this friend of yours a boy?"

He went on, trying to get her to open up. Kaliyah found herself fiddling with the ends of her locs, twirling the strand around her finger repeatedly.

"Yes.... he is a boy."

"Ok. Is he a nice guy? Have I met him before? It wasn't Duke that you went to Mexico with right? Because I never really liked him for you-"

"Noooo Dad, it's wasn't Duke, trust me. You haven't met this guy yet."

Lorenzo raised his eyebrow slightly, surprised that there was a new guy in her life that was not Duke. Lorenzo knew that Kaliyah and Duke had been dating for almost 4 years now, and he had always supported his daughter with her decision, even though he despised Duke a lot-

"Wait, what do you mean you never really liked Duke?"

Kaliyah questioned, trying not to laugh. She could see her father shrugging as she waited for him to respond.

"He always just rubbed me the wrong way. I obviously didn't want to tell you that because you clearly were in love with him-"

"Wow."

She laughed, opening her mouth with slight shock.

"Never mind that though. When can I meet this new fellow of yours?"

He grinned.

"You want to meet him? I mean... I don't know about that."

Kaliyah muttered.

"What's not to know? You clearly keep blushing every time we talk about this guy. What's his name anyway? What does he do for a living? Did he graduate college?"

Lorenzo continued his rounds of questions, only wanting the best for his daughter. Kaliyah just chewed the inside of her cheek, lowkey regretting ever bringing Von up. She still wasn't sure what their relationship status was.

They were not officially together, they were just enjoying each other's company. But also, they both knew that they were falling in love with one another, which obviously meant things were getting serious between them.

"His name is Von- Dayvon. He actually lives in Atlanta right now, but he's from Chicago."

"Dayvon? Hmm ok. What's he doing in Atlanta? How did you guys meet?"

Kaliyah once again found herself hesitating with answering that question. For starters, she did meet Von at the strip club where she worked... and her father still had no idea that she even worked at the club, let alone was working as a part time stripper.

"Uhh I actually knew him back in high school. I would see him around the block sometimes, but we never really spoke."

She partially lied.

"Ohhh ok. So high school sweethearts? That's nice!"

Lorenzo smiled.

"Something like that..."

Kaliyah laughed.

"Well, I'm happy that you met someone. And I want you to bring him around soon so I can meet him. I want to make sure that he's a good man-"

"Oh Dad pleaseee! Me and him aren't even together. We're just... really cool with each other."

Kaliyah clarified. Lorenzo just chuckled.

"You know something- your generation never fails to confuse me. You youngsters just love to downplay your true feelings for someone. I will never understand that."

He pointed.

"When I met your mother, I just knew she had to be mine- and I let her know that since day one. I wasn't playing about her."

Kaliyah just cheesed, always finding her parents love story to be so sweet and innocent. It seemed like the love back then used to be so easy and simple, versus now where everything- or everyone made falling in love extremely difficult.

"Yeah well, it's complicated I guess; but me and him are really cool."

She insisted, attempting to argue her case. Lorenzo just shook his head, not falling for how she was trying to downplay this Dayvon boy. Lorenzo knew is daughter well, and he always found it to be hilarious how Kaliyah would seem to forget that.

"Yeah well, your face tells me that you two are way more than just cool, missy."

He teased. They both began to laugh in unison, Kaliyah simply waving him off. The idea of Dayvon even coming to meet her Dad seemed interesting. She wasn't sure how Von would even feel about that. Plus, Kaliyah was so over protective of her father. She never let just anyone come around to see him.

"I'll think about it though... see if you and Von can meet whenever he's back in town."

She simply said.

Atlanta, GA📍
Wednesday, July 20th
7pm

"So... your total for today, Mr Bennett- between the diamond chain, the audemar piguet, and the 33 carat stud earrings is coming up to $15k, including tax."

"Sheesh..."

Durk muttered, just as he leaned up against the counter with Von. The two, along with Booka were currently at Ice Box cashing out like they always do.

If Von wasn't at the studio making a song, or performing on stage, then he was most likely at his favorite jeweler picking up more pieces for his collection.

Dayvon stood quietly, not even paying much attention to the price, nor any of Durk's silly remarks. Instead, he had his eyes set on a beautiful diamond ring that sat inside of its casing. He could see it through the glass as he rubbed his chin with his fingers curiously.

"Aye Steve, lemme see that one right there real quick."

Von pointed. Steve, the jeweler, raised his eyebrows at his request. Even Durk just frowned, looking over Von's shoulder as they all were now staring at the ring.

"You want to see this diamond ring right here?"

Steve questioned, just as he reached underneath to grab it. Dayvon nodded his head, watching as Steve brought out the ring, setting it down onto the glass counter in front of them.

"That shit dancing already."

Von snickered, seeing as how the diamonds on the ring did not hesitate to sparkle.

"This is a princess cut diamond ring, with 14k solid white gold. It's technically meant for a woman... but I mean if you want it for yourself we could always get it sized-"

"Nah.. it ain't fa me."

Dayvon shook his head.

"Now hold up- whatchu mean it ain't fa you? Is there sum you wanna tell us, Von?"

Durk said with confusion.

"Is this nigga gettin' married?"

Booka snickered. Dayvon just shook his head, motioning for Steve to add the ring to his total.

"What size is that anyway?"

He questioned.

"This ring right here is a 4.5 Are you getting it for a special lady? Do you know her ring size?"

Steve asked. Dayvon just studied the ring once more, thinking briefly before nodding his head.

"That should be fine. If not, Ima let you know."

Steve nodded, adding the diamond ring to his total before boxing everything up for Von.

"Nah... Von what the hell is this?"

Durk continued on. Von just took out a wad of cash, licking his thumb briefly before counting through the crisp hundred dollar bills in his head.

"Whatchu mean, folks?"

He retorted.

"Is Booka tellin' tha truth? You gettin' married for real?"

Dayvon kept his focus on the money, counting up to $30k before handing the cash to Steve.

"Do it look like I'm getting married? Nosey ass.."

He spoke with a sarcastic tone. Durk just sucked his teeth while Booka laughed.

"Nigga you just purchased a princess cut diamond ring inna size too damn small fa yo fatazz fingers.. which means you got it for a girl."

"Yeah? So?"

Von chuckled.

Steve took the cash, stuffing it into the register before handing Dayvon his bag of jewelry.

"It's always a pleasure doing business with you Mr. Bennett."

Steve grinned. They both shook hands before Von turned on his heel, heading toward the exit.

"Who is the ring for? Asian?"

Booka teased, just as they all made it outside. The sound of Asian's name made Dayvon scrunch his face up with disgust. He hadn't thought about that girl in forever. His mind was only on one person, and it definitely wasn't Asian.

"Why tha fuck is you askin' me dumb ass questions?"

Von snapped, rolling his eyes. The guys just laughed as they made it to his matte black charger. They all wasted no time hopping in, Von revving up the engine before zooming off down the road.

"I know exactly who he got this engagement ring for."

Durk said while smirking. Dayvon shook his head, regretting to ever let these two in his business in the first place.

"Who?"

Booka spoke eagerly.

"I bet you it's fa that stripper girl, Kaliyah. I'm right ain't it?"

Durk went on, nudging Von with his elbow. Dayvon could feel his hand gripping the steering wheel tightly, shooting glares at his two best friends.

"First of all, ha name Kaliyah. Not the stripper girl, so watch yo fuckin mouth. Second of all, this ain't no engagement ring. Fuck I look like?"

"Damn G, my bad."

Durk chuckled.

"So if it isn't an engagement ring, then what is it?"

Dayvon just remained quiet for a bit, keeping his eyes focused onto the road in front of him. He knew exactly what the ring was for, but he surely didn't want anybody in his business.

Von had never taken a girl seriously before in his life; but with Kaliyah, he noticed a change within himself. He was in love with her. Especially after their trip to Mexico, and the long talks that they had about their relationship. He already had it made up in his mind that he wanted to take her serious.

He wanted to show Kaliyah how deeply he felt about her. He didn't want her to have any doubts at all about him. Kaliyah was special to Von. She was doing things to his heart that nobody else could ever do.

"Don't worry about it."

He finally spoke, waving them off.

"Aye look, you know what Von, I think it's cool as hell you actually falling in love wit somebody."

Durk admitted. He could see it all over Dayvon's face that he was not playing around. Clearly, Kaliyah meant something to him.

"Nigga took tha song I'm in love wit a stripper a lil too seriously."

Booka teased, cackling loudly at his own jokes in the back seat. Dayvon licked his lips, taking in a deep breath to try and calm his own nerves.

"And that's exactly why youn get hoes Booka, because of the shit that be comin' out yo mouf."

Durk pointed.

"Mannn I got hella hoes. Every bitch in Atlanta want my dick."

Booka shot back.

"But aye look, tha difference between me n' Von is ion trust these hoes, not one bit."

"Mannn here he go."

Dayvon muttered, shaking his head.

"I'm saying tho. You can't let these hoes catch you lackin'. These bitches only want you fa the money and fame, and it's a shame what they'll do for it."

Dayvon rolled his eyes inwardly, not really trying to hear any of this.

"Nigga what fame? You ain't famous."

Durk butted in. Booka just gave him the middle finger.

"I'm famous enough fa these hoes to think they ca' play wit me. Hoes be way to slick fa me to eva trust they asses."

He went on.

"Tell me sum Von- since when did yo ass become soft all of a sudden?"

"Soft? Booka, fuck is you goin' on about?"

Dayvon made a face, just as they approached a red light. He slowed his vehicle down before coming to a stop.

"Yeahh nigga you soft as hell. Tricking on bitches, taking them ta Mexico n shit. And now you finna propose-"

"Aye watch dat bitch word 'round me for I kick yo ass out this car, and have you walk tha rest of tha way home, on my mama."

Von snapped.

"Aiight my fault, gang. But seriously though, this a real ass question. What makes Kaliyah different from tha rest? I'm jus' curious."

He still continued to press. Even Durk was intrigued by this question, the two of them both looking at Von, waiting for his answer. Dayvon just paused for a second, staring off into the distance while thinking.

What really did make Kaliyah different from the rest? Why did he trust her so much? Why did he feel like he was falling so hard for her-

"Trustin' a girl can only lead ta one thing... heartbreak."

Booka snickered.

"This nigga Booka thinks he knows it all."

Durk muttered, just as the light turned green. Von hit the gas with his foot,
speeding down the freeway while deciding to just tune everybody out.

"Look I'm just sayin', we gotta be careful. Can't be trusting these hoes all the way. Didn't Asian cheat on yo ass behind yo back? Rather play it safe than sorry."

Booka concluded, sitting back in his seat now. Dayvon found himself chewing the inside of his cheek, letting Booka's words just echo into his head. As much as he didn't want to agree with Booka, he couldn't deny the fact that this used to be his own mindset whenever it came to dealing with women.

Dayvon grew up on the notion of not trusting women at all. Hell, even his own mother used to tell him to be careful whenever it came to these girls. Plus, Von knew he wasn't any better either with his own womanizing history.

But even still, for some reason he just felt like none to this mess applied to Kaliyah at all what-so-ever; and he didn't feel the need to explain that to anybody, simply because his relationship with her was nobody's business.

What he had with Kaliyah was special, something that none of his friend, including Booka, could ever relate to.

Chicago, IL📍
Wednesday, July 20th
10pm

Kaliyah found herself back at her apartment, sprawled out comfortably onto her bed. She laid on her stomach, with her laptop open in front of her. The fall semester for school was coming up, and she was making sure that all her classes were aligned and paid for.

"Ooouuu I just can't wait to graduate already."

She muttered to herself, scrolling through her computer aimlessly. She let out a slight sigh, deciding that she was done for the day before shutting her computer off.

Just as she pushed it to the side, the feeling of her phone vibrating next to her caught her attention. Kaliyah sat up, grabbing her phone while looking at the screen. She could see a text message from Von coming in, with him saying that he was going to call her shortly. She just smiled, happy to finally hear from him since they both had been way too busy all day to even talk to each other.

She leaned back against her pillows, responding to him with a kissy face emoji before placing her phone down. While waiting for his call, she decided to roll out of bed, adjusting her pajama shorts before strutting out her room.

The apartment was quiet, due to Leilani not being home tonight. She in fact was out on a date with some random boy she met, and wouldn't be back until much later. Kaliyah strolled down the hallway and into the kitchen, making her way toward the fridge.

She opened it up, scanning it briefly before grabbing herself a water bottle, and an ice pop from the freezer. Just as she shut the door with her elbow, the sound of somebody knocking in the distance instantly caught her attention. She just frowned, quickly glancing at the time clock on the stove, which definitely read 10:30pm.

Was Leilani back already?

She wondered, placing her ice pop and water bottle down. Leilani definitely had a key to the apartment, so there was no way that she would be knocking on the door like this. Shrugging her shoulders, Kaliyah just made her way out the kitchen, heading to the front door.

She paused, getting on her tippy toes to check the peep hole first just to see who it was. To her surprise, Asian was standing right outside the door with her arms crossed firmly against her chest. Kaliyah just pressed her lips together in a thin line, letting out a sigh.

Personally, Asian was the last person she ever wanted to see right now. Between her finding out about Asian cheating with Duke, and also Asian knowing about her and Von getting together, Kaliyah just felt like it was best to never even be in the same room as Asian at all. There was just way too much animosity going on between the two.

Kaliyah chewed at her bottom lip, trying to decide on what to do. She could hear Asian knocking a few more times before it got silent again. Huffing frustratedly to herself, Kaliyah unlocked the door, swinging it open just as the two girls instantly made eye contact.

Asian just stood there, staring directly at Kaliyah with a slight mug on her face. Kaliyah did the exact same thing, glaring right back in her direction. The tension in the air was so thick, you could almost feel it.

"Can we talk?"

Asian finally spoke, breaking the silence.

Talking to Asian was not something that Kaliyah ever planned on doing, especially tonight. But yet, she found herself stepping to the side, allowing Asian to enter her apartment before closing the door behind her.

This should be fun...

Atlanta, GA📍
Wednesday, July 20th
10:35pm

A frown rested upon Dayvon's face as he could hear his phone going straight to voicemail. This was his second time trying to call Kaliyah, after he had just texted her a few moments ago that he would be calling. He let a frustrated sigh drag from his lips, pulling the phone away from his ears.

He wasn't able to talk to her all today due to being so caught up with work; but that didn't change the fact that he simply missed her. Kaliyah was heavy on his mind, and he felt like he would go crazy if he didn't hear from her soon.

This was just one of the many types of effects that she had on Von, which he was beginning to notice. He found himself hating it whenever she wasn't around, which only made him miss her even more. Dayvon never really saw himself to ever be the clingy type, but clearly with Kaliyah, she definitely brought that side out of him for sure.

The feeling was just driving him insane. Plus, he wasn't understanding why she wasn't picking up his calls at all. At this point, Dayvon was ready to get up out of Atlanta and fly right back to Chicago just to see her. This long distance thing that they had going on just wasn't cutting it at all.

He sucked his teeth, sending her another text message before setting his phone down.

He instead leaned back onto the leather couch he was sitting at, becoming aware that he was in fact at the club tonight. Durk, Booka, and a few other friends of his all wanted to chill at the club after their studio session. Dayvon thought it would be fun to just join them, yet he wasn't having any fun at all since he was missing his girl.

It also wasn't helping that he couldn't get Booka's voice out of his head from the conversation that they had earlier today. Von really wasn't trying to assume anything, but he couldn't help but wonder what Kaliyah could possibly be doing to not answer his calls.

I mean, she literally just texted me a damn kissy face not too long ago.

He thought to himself.

Could she be wit Duke?

He kept on thinking, his mind already assuming the worst. He knew that it was terrible for him to even think that way, especially since Kaliyah made it clear to him that she was seriously done with Duke for good.

She could be wit anotha' nigga besides Duke. There's always that possibly.

He kept on thinking.

But that wasn't even in Kaliyah's character. She definitely was not like that at all. If anything, Von was only projecting right now, and he knew this. He always had this tendency to think that some things were just too good to be true.

Maybe she's just not by ha phone right now. That seems like tha most logical answer-

"Hey Vonnnn."

A familiar female voice could be heard, catching his attention. Dayvon looked up, his eyes landing on Rubi who was standing in front of him. She just smiled, giving him a flirtatious wave.

"Long time no see, huh?"

She went on, deciding to take a seat right next to him. Dayvon cleared his throat, sliding a little to the left so that way he wasn't too close to her at all. He instead looked in the other direction, trying to see where Durk, Booka or any of his friends were at. All the guys unfortunately seemed occupied with the woman in their section, leaving Von with no escape route.

"Why you so quiet for, Von? Did I do something to you?"

Rubi innocently spoke, just as he looked over at her again.

"Nah, you just caught me at a bad time."

He finally said. He only gave her a brief glance before deciding to get up from his seat. He really didn't feel like being in her face at all. In fact, Von wasn't in the mood to be in anybody's face tonight.

"You know, I'm sorry about that whole shaderoom post. I didn't think they would take my instagram story of you like that, and blow it out of proportion."

Rubi said, getting up too before gently grabbing his arm.

"I hope I didn't get you in trouble with any of your hoes, Von. I swear that wasn't my intention-"

"Aw yeah, I'm sure it wasn't."

He snickered with sarcasm, moving out of her grip. Rubi just frowned, watching as he seemed like he was getting ready to leave.

"Uhh- well how about I make it up to you, Von?"

She made sure to step real close to him, her eyes filled with nothing but lust as she attempted to keep his attention. Dayvon sucked his teeth, just as Rubi let her hands touch against his chest.

She slipped right underneath his shirt, rubbing on his skin slowly while keeping her focus on his face. She could tell that he was really trying to fight the temptation of her, which only made her smirk.

"Come on Von. You can't be mad at me forever."

She cooed.

Dayvon breathed in deeply, using his hand to grip firmly onto her arm before looking down at her.

"You jus' don't know how ta leave a nigga alone huh?"

He questioned, tilting his head to the side. Rubi just let out a small laugh, before nibbling at her bottom lip.

_____________________
What a messy chapter 😭😭😭😭

What do you think Asian and Kaliyah could be talking about?

What do you think Von bought the diamond ring for👀

Just soooo many questions going unanswered 😩😂 lmaooooo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 11.8K 46
***THIS CONTENT CONTAINS MATURE SCENES IN IT, ALONG WITH VIOLENCE ***** Asia Carter is 18 and a senior in High School. Asia loves to sing and dance...
118K 2.4K 54
♑𝙸 πšŠπš– πš’πš— πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš πš’πšπš‘ 𝚒𝚘𝚞, 𝚒𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚎𝚝 πš–πšŽ πšπš›πšŽπšŽ, πš’ πšŒπšŠπš—πš 𝚍𝚘 πšπš‘πš’πšœ πšπš‘πš’πš—πš πšŒπšŠπš•πš•πšŽπš πš•πš’πšπ•– πš πš’πšπš‘πš˜πšžπš 𝚒𝚘𝚞...
6K 457 11
Just like any other city, the beauty of Chicago lies within the eye of the beholder. Despite the horrors that marked every local news outlet, to the...
248K 20.2K 25
"You can't see the future. I might have a chance. You don't know for sure." He mumbled, making her expression soften. "M-my mom used to tell me t-tha...