Saving Her

By Skyscraper2010

Lexa, a six-year-old young girl gets taken to the airport with Children's Services in Jamaica. She is suppose... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 20

116 3 1
By Skyscraper2010

Arriving to the basement with Lexa and a furious yet heartbroken Lourdes, Mick sets Lexa on the stairs and asks her to stay put until the conversation resolves. Nodding, Lexa silently agrees.

"Mick!" Jared greets loudly, causing Lexa to flinch which Mick catches as she turns around.

"Lower your voice please, Jared." Mick speaks up calmly, "You're scaring my daughter."

"Oh, sorry. Sorry, Lexa." Jared frowns as he apologizes.

"How are you doing? Aside from declaring your marriage basically over?"

"I'm fine, the medication the doctors put me on is strong, but other than that. Look, Mick, I'm still in love with you." Jared states taking Mick's hands tightly in his.

"I love you too, but only as a friend. I'm sorry, Jared. I'm not looking to be in a relationship right now. Lexa and family are my top priorities." Mick explains, "I do know this, I won't be able to ask you to wait, because it's too much to ask. I returned the ring and told you why over and over. I was going to break up with you because I couldn't love or forgive myself after Evie. But, with Lexa and all her help, she helped me accept and forgive myself. I'm in a good place now, but it would be unfair to Lourdes to ask you to wait when she loves you more than I ever could."

"But, Mick," Jared starts.

"No." Mick shakes her head as she pulls her hands away, "Just be happy and in love with Lourdes, Jared. Patch things up. Lourdes is my best friend, and so are you. Nothing will ever change that."

"But,"

"I'm sorry, Jared. But, I can't return that love to you. Just let me go." Turning, Mick goes to move towards Lexa, but Jared pulls her back and kisses her. Immediately pulling away, Mick sighs, "Looks like you are trying to destroy our friendship. Leave me alone, Jared. It's good to see you better."

Storming away, Mick picks up Lexa before storming passed Lourdes who saw everything. Gathering Olive and Cal, they head out and Mick drops the twins off at the Stone residence.

***

Arriving to Ben's location, Mick parks the car before hopping out to get Lexa out. Walking into the café together after locking up the SUV, Lexa and Mick holds hands and orders a coffee and a chocolate milk for Lexa. Walking to the booth Ben is at alone, Mick and Lexa join him.

"Hi, Uncle Ben." Lexa speaks softly testing the waters. Catching Ben and Mick off guard, Ben's eyes tear up.

"Hi, my beautiful niece." Ben smiles, "How was your afternoon?"

"Scary." Lexa admits. Before move could be said, Mick's coffee and Lexa's chocolate milk arrives to the table.

Once the waiter drops off their drinks, he leaves to help the next customer.

"I have somewhere to take you, Ben. It's to a friend." Mick reveals as Ben nods.

"I met a podcaster, who specializes with 828. He wants to interview me, and so far, I turned him down." Ben admits with a sigh.

Before Mick could have the chance to reply, Lexa looks at someone in a distance like a deer caught in headlights. Looking in the same direction, Mick spots Lexa's previous guardian – Erik glaring at Lexa.

"I will be right back." Mick whispers before getting to her feet, "Lex, stay with Ben, okay?" Mick suggests softly to her daughter who nods.

Walking over to the man who sexually abused, along with physically, mentally and verbally abused Lexa, Mick pulls out the chair across from him.

"How is my fucked-up granddaughter?" Erik asks in a snarl.

"Not that it is any of your business, but she was doing better until you showed up. How are you out?" Mick snaps.

"Good behaviour, I guess." He shrugs, "I'm on parole."

"Already? Wow." Mick laughs humourlessly, "Just stay away from Lexa. She is in my care, and I'm a police officer. Just behave and learn from your mistakes."

"Whatever. Just leave and stay away from me."

"Sounds good." Mick accepts before getting to her feet, "Leave Lexa alone and we won't have any problems."

"Fine."

Walking back over to her brother and daughter, Mick sits back down as Lexa wraps her arms around Mick in a hug.

"All is well." Mick speaks softly so only Lexa and Ben can hear, "He won't hurt you again."

***

After picking Ben up, Lexa is nibbling on the rest of her chocolate chip muffin while Ben and Mick talk about Mick's and Lexa's latest calling, as Mick drives them to the meeting spot to meet with their friend. Admitting to Ben that Cal saw the calling as well, so with all his help – they roughly know where to go to.

Pulling up to a parking spot outside a travel agency, Mick parks the car.

"You're not planning a new trip, are you?" Ben wonders teasingly.

"No. Our friend is inside." Mick laughs before unbuckling and helping Lexa out. Locking up the car once Ben is out, Lexa walks in-between her mom and uncle, and holds their hands.

Walking into the travel agency, that is rundown, Mick and Ben both recognizes Vance's best friend sitting at the computer.

Upon seeing them and Lexa, the man smiles at Lexa and offers her a sucker as they walk up to him.

"Go ahead and pick a colour." Mick reassures Lexa in a whisper. Picking out the purple sucker, Mick opens it for her after Lexa says thank you and gives the friend a small hug.

"Your most welcome, Lexa." The man smiles, "He's in the back."

Nodding, Lexa and Mick holds hands as they lead the way, with Ben behind them in confusion.

"Was that," Ben starts.

"Powell and was Vance's best friend." Mick explains out loud before knocking on the door at the back. As the door opens, Lexa walks in and hugs the stranger happily as she sucks on the sucker.

"I love this greeting." The man admits hugging Lexa back as Mick closes the door after Ben enters the windowless room. Spotting the man, Ben jumps and gives Vance a manly hug.

"It's good to see you well." Ben smiles, "How did you and Lexa know about Vance and Powell, Mick?"

"Powell texted me the location and asked for only Lex and I to come first. Then, Vance asked for us to come after the memorial service with you only. No one other than their wives and kids know." Mick explains.

"Wow, that's truly a miracle." Ben compliments, "I don't think I would be able to do it."

"Faking my own death has been difficult." Vance agrees, "Now, Michaela; Powell and I caught wind that the Major is searching for Autumn and has men looking to find her."

"I believe she's working with the Major in all honesty. I found a phone and a phone number that I was wondering if you would be willing to look into?" Mick sighs before smiling at Lexa sits in Vance's chair and spins around in circles.

"I did some digging on Autumn and she has a daughter, but hasn't seen or heard from her."

"Okay. I think I might be able to look into her and find her daughter."

"Her daughter is also being searched for by the Major." Vance nods, "Her daughter was adopted when Autumn and everyone went missing."

Watching Mick and Ben nod about the information given, Vance frowns.

"Do the digging but try to stay off the radar of the Major." Vance offers.

"Thanks. We will do that. I do have a feeling that the Major has a large group of followers." Mick sighs.

"Thank you, Michaela. Powell and I are working together to identify the Major, and now her followers like Autumn. I will reach out when I know more."

"We will keep your news of being alive, a secret." Ben smiles.

"Use your sources to try and help, Ben. Such as, the 828Gate podcast. Just give the dry answers and not the deep ones that can harm others and yourself." Vance smiles back knowingly.

"Thank you."

***

Leaving the travel agency, Mick buckles Lexa up before closing the door and climbs into the front with Ben.

Deciding to go out for dinner at the nearby restaurant to the apartment, Mick checks her phone once the car is parked. Seeing a text message that Ben is apart of along with a person by the name of Amuta, it's from the captain of flight 828, Bill Daly.

"Who's Amuta?" Mick whispers to herself as Ben opens the message on his phone.

"He was the co-pilot from 828. I was never able to get in touch with him." Ben reveals.

Nodding, Mick opens the message that sounds like Bill is panicking.

"Go grab us meals, and I will reach out to Bill Daly." Mick offers, "We need to see if he is okay."

"Sounds good." Ben agrees before accepting the money from his little sister.

Once their takeout meals are ready and they are on the road again, Ben looks back at Lexa to see her eating her happy meal from McDonalds. Now, stuck in traffic, Mick is eating her Big Mac, along with Ben, before they down their meals with pop and for Lexa, a chocolate milk.

Arriving to an apartment building from the GPS and address that Bill gave, Mick parks the car before helping Lexa out of her seat. Immediately locking up the car, Mick and Ben lead the way with Lexa holding their hands in the middle.

Arriving to the entrance and using the intercom to call Bill and announce their arrival, Bill buzzes them in. Walking to the elevator, Lexa pushes the button shyly and nervously. Backing up as the elevator arrives, the family climbs in before Mick helps Lexa push the button to the correct floor.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 650 17
๐—–๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐˜… ๐—ข๐—– ๐—ก๐—ฒ๐˜„ ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ <3 #1 ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜ By: Shanya Samuel
2.4K 79 15
Book 6 "Anomaly Stone, the opposite of a child; a phenomenon" After peace in Eden, the Flame wants to tell Luisa something. She doesn't understand wh...
341 5 11
Abigail is Ethan's daughter and she is crazy as ever what if she meets new people and meets a boy
8.9K 386 15
Cassie Stone has suffered her fair share of tragedies, five and a half years ago Cassie's older brother, sister and nephew went on a plane and were a...