On Higher Ground

By CynnNaniCarter

If You Ever Kept A Secret From The One You love, This Is What It Feels Like... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
questions for my readers..

014 - not proofread

5.3K 253 67
By CynnNaniCarter

- not edited
Armani Jada Milan
ST. LOUIS

5:23 pm

"Bend that ass over, let that coochie breathe." Paris walk into the bathroom as I flat iron my hair.

Today is my 20th birthday, yayyy! (I don't remember saying when her birthday is but this takes place at the end of July so she's a Leo)

"Can do my edges before we leave?" Paris ask, looking at me in the mirror.

"Talking about doing edges and shit, we already twenty minutes late." My mom stood in the door way of the bathroom.

I chuckle as Paris roll her eyes.

"Yea, I'll do your edges." I chuckle. We were going to The Capital Grille.

I ran my wig brush through my hair one more time before I started on Paris edges. I really love my sister dawg, even when we don't get along she know I'll do 100 years behind her.

I finish Paris fluffy edges because that's how she liked it, I personally don't.

"Hurry up, damn!" My mom yell from downstairs.

"You got a lil bump." Paris touch my belly, that was just a little pudge.

Im am 15 months, approaching my fourth month of pregnancy. My baby going to be a cry because all I have been doing is crying, seriously.

Jourdan still haven't called me back and Tremani contact me only to check up but his nonchalantly tone tells me everything.

But always I have my momma and Paris.

*Black Truck*

"She got a big booty so I call her big booty." Paris slap my ass I twerk, pressing against the seat.

"Y'all so damn ratchet." My mom mug us. I laugh, taking a seat.

I won't lie, they made my birthday special. Although it was just dinner, they got me flowers, balloons and a cake.

"We at the club after we drop mom off, what up?" Paris tilt her head at me.

"Girl, Im pregnant." I chuckle.

"Can't nobody tell, for real." Paris shrugged.

I smile, nodding my head. Fuck it, why not? I'm young and turnt right now-pre mommy because the baby ain't here right now.

Guess I'm pulling a Chrisean.

"Don't be drinking while you pregnant, have my grand baby come out looking crazy." My mom said.

"I wouldn't even pick up a cup." I told her.

*

"How the fuck y'all eating pizza in the club?" A unknown male stood before me and Paris yelling over the music.

"We ordered it, I'm hungry as shit." I chuckle, bitting into my cheese pizza that was dipped in ranch.

"Oh, shit. They got pizza. I thought they only had hot wings." He said, now standing next to me.

I hummed. "We have some wings, if you want some."

"Naw I'm good. I really came over here for your number." He smirk. I look him up and down and he was cute, but I'm still figuring shit out.

I chuckle, grabbing my phone out my purse feeling a vibration of it ringing. Jourdan name slid across the screen and I quickly answered.

"Hello." I yell over the music, walking out our section to the women's bathroom.

"Yo, what the fuck?" Jourdan ask.

I squint my eyes trying to hear him better. I open and shut the women's bathroom door.

"Hello, can you hear me?" I spoke.

"Yea, Yea. Where are you?" He ask, I could tell just by his tone of voice his face was scrunched up.

"The club with Paris." I told him.

"What you abort the baby or something, why you at the club?" He ask.

"Because it's my birthday." I mumbled.

"Yea, that's why I was calling. I wanted to tell you happy birthday." He replied.

"Thank you." I told him. "The second week of August I find out the gender of the baby if you want to come to the appointment with me."

"I don't know, Armani. I don't want to get attached to this baby it ain't mines." He sighed. "You know I'll never forgive you for that shit man."

"I know and I understand-and I'm sorry, Jourdan. I know saying sorry doesn't make shit better, I really fucked up." I said.

"Yea, but the baby good though? Like it's healthy and shit?" Jourdan ask. I nod my head like he could see me.

"Yes, the baby is healthy so far." I said. "I love you, Jourdan."

"Yea." He chuckle before hanging up. I looked at my phone and sighed.

I put my phone in my purse and walk out the bathroom to our section.

"I'm ready to go home." I said in Paris ear.

"What? Why? We just got here." Paris furrow her eyebrows.

"Jourdan doesn't love me anymore." I pouted.

Paris sucked the teeth. "Fuck Jourdan."

"Paris." I sighed. "I'm the one that fucked up, he did nothing wrong."

"Yea, you fucked up but you apologize and you continued to apologize for that shit. You can't continue to be sad and fucking depressed over some shit you already said sorry for. You tried to make amends-he want to stay mad fuck him. You can't let these niggas treat you like you're nothing just because you made a fucking mistake. Better start been happy before you stress my nephew or niece out." Paris lectured.

I chuckle. "It's hard because I hurt people but Ima try-Ima try to be happy."

*1:15 am*

I open the door to see Tremani standing on our porch with flowers in his hand.

"Happy birthday." He said, giving me the flowers and two designer bags.

"Thank you." I told him with a small smile.

Tremani cleared his throat before speaking. "The only reason I'm mad at you Armani is because you lied to me. You ain't have to lie to me, I already knew you had a nigga so there was no reason to lie."

I sniff, this entire pregnancy my nose must going to be stuffed because gottdamn.

"You kept tweaking on me about that so I just lied so you wouldn't stay mad but I agree I shouldn't have lied about that." I said.

"How many months you got to take a paternity test?" He ask.

I sighed. "Well I could do after five months I believe but it'll put my baby in danger so I'm just going to wait until she or he gets here." I answered.

"Look, Ima be real with you. I don't want no fucking kid, I really don't but if this is my baby I'ma take care of it." Tremani said. "When you gon found out the gender?"

"The second week of August." I replied.

"Want me to be there?" He ask and I nod my head. "Fasho, just text me the location and time, shit like that."

"Okay." I said. "Thank you again for the flowers and gifts."

"No problem." He said as he walk off the porch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5.6K 26
No matter how much one person wants the other. No matter how "perfect" they may seem. They can still be perfectly wrong for each other. Spin off to i...
753K 25.4K 26
✨Same book New Cover Sometimes the one you want the most is the one your best without. Sometimes your friends are really yo foes. Sometimes the ones...
487K 12.1K 55
"𝘐 𝘸𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦, 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥, 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 , 𝘐 𝘢𝘮 𝘢 𝘳...
2.6K 122 6
When you genuinely love someone, seeing them hurting or struggling in any way can be heartbreaking.