THE KING'S HEARTLESS GUARD

By NaomiChizomam

The Devil Walking On Earth is what he is called by the supernatural. Ruthlessness runs through his very soul... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 01 The Contest
02 Welcome, To The King's Guard
03 - Prophesy
04- A Game Of Chest
05 - Past
06 - Her Rage
07- Alpha Aziz Of The Dawn Moon Pack
08- He Knew?
09-She's Special
10 Figures And Dark Portal
Take His Woman, Face His Wrath
09-Meeting Ellery
Newton's Thoughts
His Mate
Choosen
Not Easily Forgotten
Blurry Past

Longing

43 2 0
By NaomiChizomam

As they prepared to make their escape, Hamza glanced at his men, gratitude, and determination shining in his eyes. "I trust all of you to protect her with everything you have. We will get through this together," he affirmed, his voice steady and unwavering.

The group moved swiftly, their movements choreographed and efficient. They fought their way through the guards, their swords clanging and spells crackling through the air. Kelshun was a force to be reckoned with, her skill and strength proving invaluable in their escape.

Amidst the chaos, Ellery's power surged forth, a display of dark magic that left their enemies reeling. His eyes blazed with raw power, his every movement calculated and precise. The darkness that surrounded him seemed to bend to his will, casting a shield of protection around their group.

With their combined efforts, they carved a path to freedom, their determination driving them forward. As they burst through the castle gates, the night air filled with the sounds of their victory. They had overcome the odds, emerging victorious and united.

Kelshun and Hamza stood together, their hands intertwined and their eyes filled with a newfound sense of hope. They knew that their journey was far from over, but they also knew that they were stronger together, ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

As they made their way back to their kingdom, Hamza's heart swelled with a sense of pride and gratitude. Their king and guard bond had been tested, but it had only grown stronger. With Kelshun by his side and his loyal companions at their backs, they were ready to face whatever the future held.

Their care had withstood the trials and tribulations, and as they rode into the night, a sense of peace settled over them. They had weathered the storm, and now, they were certain that nothing could tear them apart.

After getting to Ellery's place, Hamza and his team said their goodbyes to Ellery before disappearing into the shadows with their horses. When they got home, Kelshun walked towards the elevator in silence. She was hungry, tired and exhausted.

As Hamza stood there, watching Kelshun glide into the elevator, a sense of longing overwhelmed him. The flickering light above cast a soft glow on his face as a tinge of sadness washed over him. He couldn't help but wonder why Kelshun couldn't see the depth of his feelings for her.

Every interaction with Kelshun only deepened his affection, like the gentle touch of a summer breeze. He admired her confidence, intelligence, and the way her eyes sparkled with a mixture of curiosity and determination. The way she pushed through any obstacles that came her way with unwavering strength only made him admire her more.

Hours spent together on their mission had woven an unbreakable bond between them. Hamza's heart would skip a beat every time their paths crossed, but he had been hesitant to reveal the true extent of his emotions. Fear of rejection and the uncertain future ahead kept his true feelings locked away, hidden deep within the recesses of his heart.

As the elevator doors closed, Hamza's mind wandered off into a realm of fantasies. He pictured himself confessing his love for Kelshun under a moonlit sky, her eyes sparkling with surprise, and her warm smile reflecting the warmth he felt in his heart. Yet, his dreams were always shrouded in doubt, expecting rejection before the words could even leave his lips.

In the quietness of his thoughts, Hamza replayed all the moments they had shared – exhilarating chases through shadowy streets, daring escapes from dangerous situations, and quiet conversations by the firelight. Their camaraderie was undeniable, but he yearned for a connection that would transcend their partnership.

But as the elevator reached his floor, reality crashed down, shattering his daydreams. Hamza shook his head, trying to clear his mind of the emotions that consumed him. He knew the risks of allowing himself to be vulnerable. The weight of untold words pushed against his chest, but he clung to the belief that their friendship was too precious to jeopardize.

With a heavy sigh, Hamza trudged his way to his room, feeling a mixture of hope and despair. Would there ever come a day when their paths would align when Kelshun would see the depth of his love for her? Only time would tell, and for now, Hamza buried his longing deep within, waiting for the right moment to reveal the emotions he held for Kelshun.
____________

"Shun, where have you been all day?" Hamza asked walking towards the girl who just walked in through the main doors to the living room.

"On patrol, my king" she replied curtly but with a respectful bow. Hamza frowned at her actions walking closer to her than before, hocking his index finger under her chin, he lifted her head so she was staring straight in his.

"Do not bow to me" he said sternly, leaving no room for argument. She stiffly nodded in understanding knowing he wouldn't relent without having a positive response from her.

"Ever since we came back, you've been acting strangely. You no longer come close to me. I thought we were friends. I'm worried for you, I'm worried he might come for you and I wouldn't be able to do anything about it if you keep distancing yourself from me" He said looking at her worriedly with his fingers still under her chin.

"You shouldn't be concerned for me, I'm capable of taking care of myself, my king" she responded as his thumb caressed her cheek.

"Shun, stay with me twenty-four seven, that way my heart would be at ease," he said pleadingly, the girl stared at him for what seemed like forever before giving him a nod of understanding.

"I'm sorry for making you worry, my king," she said sincerely causing the king to wave his hand, meaning it was nothing.

"Let's go to my office, I have a lot of pending paperwork and I would like some help from you," he said pulling her into the elevator with him. He was glad she understood his plight.

Shun followed Hamza into the elevator, her posture becoming more relaxed now that he seemed appeased by her response. As the doors closed, Hamza pressed a button, and the elevator started its ascent towards the upper floor where his office was located.

Once they were alone, Hamza turned towards Shun and took her hand in his. "I know I can be overprotective at times, but it's only because I care for you deeply," he admitted quietly, his eyes searching hers for a sign of understanding.

Shun smiled softly, her eyes conveying warmth and gratitude. "I appreciate your concern, my king. Please understand that I'm not trying to distance myself from you intentionally. It's just...there are things that I need to handle alone."

Hamza nodded, a flicker of worry still present in his eyes. "I trust your abilities, Shun. But just know that you don't have to bear the weight of everything alone. I am here for you, always."

Shun's grip on his hand tightened slightly, and she leaned closer to him. "Thank you, my king. Your support means the world to me."

The elevator doors opened, and they stepped out into the hallway leading to Hamza's office. Walking side by side, they continued their conversation about the pending paperwork, but their connection went beyond just the administrative tasks.

In the weeks that followed, Kelshun remained by Hamza's side, always vigilant and dedicated to her duties as well as their friendship. Hamza's worries gradually diminished as he saw firsthand the strength and resourcefulness Shun possessed.

Their bond grew stronger each day, and Shun found solace in knowing that she had someone she could rely on, someone who cared deeply for her well-being. As for Hamza, he found comfort in having Shun's unwavering support and the assurance that he could protect and be there for her.

In the past few days, they've faced any challenges that came their way, standing united and determined to overcome any obstacle. Their friendship bloomed into something more profound, a connection that transcended titles and duties, leaving Shun in a great dilemma. She had a mate in the past and every move of the king reminds her of what she couldn't secure in the past.

Kelshun was in her room, typing away on her laptop at a fast but steady pace. She was working on some emails for the king as he had a lot of work on his table, hopefully, she would be done with the emails in two hours, during the past three months she has been by his side, and she has concluded that Hamza was a workaholic. He works as if his life depended on it. But only if she knew, he was doing that to reduce his thoughts about her.

The day after tomorrow would be the night of the chosen and she would have to choose a mate. But tomorrow Hamza has asked her to escort him to an unknown Alpha's ceremony. A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts, the door creak opened slightly and a black box was slipped inside before the door shut. She stood up, walking towards the box, she squatted, and opened it. She shook her head in disbelief, looking at the contents of the box.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 198K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
7.2M 283K 24
(Bfflad- Best friends for life and death) Dear Reader, Let's start at the beginning shall we? I died. Oh no, not one of these stories again where som...
167K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...