The Spider-Men: Crisis On Inf...

Oleh ZZS101

A NON CANON sequel to the Spectacular Spider-Men: The Great Web story. DISCLAIMER: Read Spider-Men: The Great... Lebih Banyak

VOLUME-1: ARC-1: SHATTERED DIMENSIONS
PROLOGUE: The Lost Years
CHAPTER-1: The Advanced Nurturing High School?
CHAPTER-2: The Secret Life Of Arachnids
CHAPTER-3: Strange Requests
CHAPTER-4: The Service Club
SIDE STORY-1: Web Of Secrets
CHAPTER-5: Quintessential Problems
CHAPTER-6: Ready? Fight!
CHAPTER-7: The Classic Literature Club
SIDE STORY-2: Friendly Neighborhood
CHAPTER-8: First Request
CHAPTER-9: Superior Showings
CHAPTER-10: The Quintessential Quintuplets
CHAPTER-11: The Sudden Beginning Of Our Tumultuous Troubles
CHAPTER-12: Club Activities?
SIDE STORY-3: Pizza Time
CHAPTER-13: Actions & Consequences
CHAPTER-14: The Daily Life Of Spiders
CHAPTER-15: A Shocking Surprise
CHAPTER-16: Confession & Persistence
CHAPTER-17: The Meaning Of Friendship
SIDE STORY-4: An Unexpected Turn Of Events
SIDE STORY-5: A Trip Down Memory Lane
CHAPTER-18: Spider's Day Out
CHAPTER-19: Swimming Lessons
CHAPTER-20: The Law Of Equivalent Exchange
CHAPTER-21: The End Of Everyday Life?
SIDE STORY-6: Aoi Hinami: Trauma
CHAPTER-22: The True Face Of ANHS
CHAPTER-23: Great Expectations
CHAPTER-24: Screwballed
SIDE STORY-7: Arisu Sakayanagi: Enigma
CHAPTER-26: Round 2, Fight!

CHAPTER-25: Burdened With Glorious Purpose

44 7 3
Oleh ZZS101

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

I went up to the second floor of the Quintuplets' penthouse, and knocked on Itsuki's door. A moment later, she opened the door and let out a frustrated sigh.

"Ugh..."

"Don't be so disappointed. You brought this on yourself." I said.

"I wish I could go back in time and reverse that awful decision." Itsuki said casually, unaware of the effect those words had on me.

"Downstairs. 5 minutes." I said, and quickly moved away, rubbing my hand over my chest.

She grumbled something under her breath, confused with the interaction we just had, but went back into her room.

I knocked on Yotsuba's door, and was greeted with a beaming smile.

"Zaffar! It's good to see you again!"

"Hey, Yotsuba. It's nice to see you as well."

"What's up?"

"We're having a study session. Let's go."

"Aye, aye, captain!" she saluted me and went back inside, probably to get her stuff.

Moving on to Nino's door, I knocked on it with a sigh already forming. She opened the door, and after seeing me, her expression turned into one of annoyance.

"Ugh, what did I tell you? I am not studying with you." With that, she closed the door on my face.

Heh...

...

"I don't know... It's gotta be here somewhere."

"The white one, right?"

"Yeah, sorry."

"It's the middle of the afternoon, and you're still in bed?"

Yotsuba, who was scrounging around for Ichika's clothes, picked up a pair of black underwear. "Is this thing really yours, Ichika? Whoa, so grown-up!"

"We have the same face. It'd look just as good on you."

"Wha-"

"You've had the same underwear since grade school. It's time to throw 'em out."

Yotsuba started flailing her arms around, embarrassed by her sister's words.

"ZAFFAR'S HERE! SHHH!" she then turned to me. "But, I mean, does it look good? Tell me the truth. Do you think I-"

I swiftly turned around and walked out of the room, ignoring the question.

"Fine! It's not like you know what's fashionable anyway!" Yotsuba yelled behind my back.

After gathering four out of five sisters, all of us headed down to study.

"Well, we're all set up now! It's time for us to hit the books!" Yotsuba exclaimed.

"I think I'll sit out. I'll just watch you guys." Ichika said.

"Zaffar, remember, you were going to help me study New Tokyo History." Miku said.

"I'd prefer if you let me study by myself, but if I need help, so don't mind me." Itsuki said. While this is not ideal, it's still progress. I thought, as I glanced at Fuutaro.

"I agree, Yotsuba. There's no time like the present, is there?" he said.

Suddenly, Nino walked out of her room and leaned on the railing.

"Come back for more? I thought for sure you'd have given up on this pipe dream by now. I hope you didn't come all the way up here just to take a nap again, sleeping beauty?"

Fuutaro's eye twitched and his brows furrowed, but then, his attitude towards Nino did a 180.

"Yup, I'm back. why don't you join us, Nino!"

"Over my dead body!"

Bingo... "Are you sure?" I asked, looking up.

"Yep!"

"Oh, well- I guess I'll send Ritvik back."

"H-huh?!" Nino gasped. "R-Ritvik?"

"Hello, there." Ritvik greeted her with a smile, stepping out from under the balcony.

"Y-you!" she squealed. "What- what are you doing here?!" Running down the stairs, she almost jumped into Ritvik's arms.

"I'm here to tutor you."

Mission passed. Respect +10.

"Uhhh... Sure." Nino smiled. "Oh, right, I almost forgot- Hey, Yotsuba..." Nino turned to Yotsuba.

I don't like where this is going.

"My friend who's on the basketball team was looking for somebody to fill in for the next game. You're the most athletic of us, why don't you go? Right now..."

"Huh? Right now? I don't know. I-" Yotsuba tried to protest, but Nino cut her off.

"Well. She said that they've only got five members, and one of them injured themselves. If they don't find a replacement soon, they'll be disqualified. It's really a shame."

Fuutaro chuckled nervously. "Hey, you're not... Hmm?"

"And they've practiced so hard, too. I feel bad for them."

"Yotsuba..."

"I'm really sorry, you guys! But I can't abandon someone in need!" she got up, and made a beeline for the door.

"Seriously...?" Fuutaro mumbled.

"Yeah, saying 'no' is kind of a weakness of hers."

Can't abandon someone in need, huh? You'd make a good Spider-Woman, Yotsuba.

Ritvik and I exchanged a knowing glance, which ended with us nodding our heads.

"By the way, Ichika... Didn't you mention that you have to go to work at 2?"

"Crap! I forgot! I'd better go!"

"HUH?" Fuutaro let out a confused noise.

"And Itsuki- shouldn't you go to a quieter spot, like the library?"

"That's... actually a good idea, but..." I gave Itsuki a hard glance, which made her rethink her decision. "I think I'll stay here..."

"Alright, suit yourself." She said. "Alright, Ritvik! Let's start our study session!"

"Uh, sure..." Ritvik said, unsure of what just happened.

"Well, uhh... Okay, everybody gather around. It's time to start studying." Fuutaro kept mumbling under his breath.

"Uesugi, face it already. They're gone now." Miku said.

"Oh! Miku, you're still here? By the way, you owe me a juice since you drank mine."

"Yeah, I bought you one." She replied, then looked at me. "Ready to start our lesson?"

"Sure." I said.

Nino looked in the grocery bag and pulled out a matcha soda. "Hey, this is a matcha soda! Miku, wait!"

"Where should we start?" Miku asked me, ignoring Nino.

"How about the World War 2? It even has Captain America's heroics in there."

"I'm sorry-" Nino interrupted. "But since when did the two of you become best buddies? I know! You have a soft spot for boring-looking guys, don't you?!"

"I'm not boring looking, you just make me wanna vomit, that's why my face is like that around you."

"You shut up!"

"It's not all about good looks." Miku told Nino.

"I... You know what? I'll just sit this one out." I said and looked back at Ritvik, who was trying to hold in his laughter.

Fuck you.

Nino shoved me out of the way. "What? Are you trying to suggest that I'm shallow? Do you mean you only care about inner beauty?"

"And what if I do?"

"Oh, of course." Nino scoffed. "That explains why you don't mind being seen in those shabby old clothes of yours."

"And those trashy nails are fashionable?"

"Am I the only one feeling the tension right now?" Ritvik whispered to me.

"Someone like you would never understand."

"I don't even want to."

"That's enough, you two." I intervened. "You're sisters, so try to get along. Does this really matter? You've got studying to do, so get on with it."

"Yeah, Nino, stop being a nuisance."

"What did you call me?"

Amidst their fighting, Ritvik's and my stomach started growling. Right, we haven't had lunch.

"If inner beauty's so important to you, then I say we make a little contest!" Nino proposed. "Let's find out which one of us cooks better!"

"How does that-" Ritvik tried to give his two cents but was immediately cut off.

"And if I win, there will be no studying for today!"

"Don't take her up on that offer, Miku." I said.

Ignoring me, she rolled up her sleeves. "Zaffar- you just sit down and relax, while I settle this..."

"You wasted my time, man." Ritvik said, sighing. "Uh, where's the washroom? I think my stomach's upset."

"Over to the left." Fuutaro said, pointing towards the toilet.

"Thanks."

I sighed, and sat down, ignoring everyone and everything around me. I started scrolling through my phone, and found an old photo.

If somehow the lord gave me a second chance, I would do it all over again...

"Who's that?" I got snapped back to reality by Fuutaro, who was looking into my phone.

"Uh..." I tried to say something but couldn't.

He looked at me and immediately backed off. "Don't worry, I get it. I- uh- I'm in a similar situation myself."

Huh? "Seriously? You are?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, maybe we can tell each other about our stories someday." I said.

"Yeah... I'd like that." He said. "You're like a brother to me, y'know?"

I was moved by his words. "Thank you." I said, with the smallest of smiles. "You too."

He looked at me, surprised, only to be more surprised when he saw my smile.

"You... actually smiled."

"I did?" I joked. "Better not let anyone else see it, or it'll ruin my cool, mysterious vibe."

"Hahahaha." Fuutaro let out a hearty laugh.

The two of us chatted away until Ritvik got back from his trip to the washroom, and the sisters finished their cooking. Both of them presented their dishes to us. Nino was looking very confident, while Miku looked like she was about to die from nervousness.

"Ta-da! A Dutch Baby with chicken ham and seasonal vegetables!"

"O-Omurice..." Miku said shyly. "You don't have to eat mine. It's okay, really!"

"Now, now. Don't be silly. You went to all the trouble of making it!"

"Ritvik will do the honours."

"Huh?! No, I won't! This whole tutoring thing is your shtick, so you do it!"

"Fuutaro will do the-"

"Nope."

Shit.

"Alright... Hand me a spoon."

I tasted Nino's dish first. Wow, this is really good. This might be one of the best things I've ever eaten.

I moved on to Miku's dish, but as I was about to take a bite, my spider-sense went off. Is this food that bad?

I took a bite regardless, and now I'm wishing I had listened to my spider-sense. I want to puke. I didn't want to hurt Miku's feelings, so I swallowed it.

"Both of them are really good."

"Huh?" The two sisters asked simultaneously.

"I think they're just about equal."

"Equal? Impossible!" Nino looked over and saw Miku, who had clasped her hands together, smiling.

"Ugh, you have no taste! I'm leaving!" with that, she walked away, annoyed.

"Hey, what about our study session?" Ritvik asked her.

"We'll have it some other day!" she yelled and left.

"What a waste, man. I'm leaving as well. See you back home." Ritvik said, getting up.

"Alright." I said. "Oh, and- don't forget to update me on our project." I said, conveying the thing about Screwball covertly.

"Of course. I'll let you know as soon as I make progress." He said, and left.

A brief silence engulfed the three of us, which was broken by Fuutaro.

"What's up with her attitude?" Fuutaro asked.

"This was a complete waste of time. She basically single-handedly disrupted the study session." I said. "You should go study in your room, Itsuki. I'll help you tomorrow."

Itsuki sighed and got up. "Please don't. This study group thing is clearly a waste of time, so don't bother helping me again. I'll do fine on my own."

"Sorry about that." Miku said, sad about the whole situation.

Something is definitely up with Nino.

"I wonder if we can even get on her good side." I wondered out loud.

"I think you can... Maybe." Miku said.

"Yeah? How do we do that?"

"If you face her in good faith, she'll come around."

"Good faith, huh? I wonder how exactly are we supposed to do that?" I looked at Fuutaro, who just shrugged.

"What makes you think I'd know?"

"I'm sure you two will figure it out. I mean, it's your job after all."

"Pretty sure this is Fuutaro's job, not mine. I'm just here for moral support."

...

"Crap, I forgot my flashcards!" Fuutaro said as we exited the apartment complex.

Damn, sucks to be you, I guess...

"You go on ahead, I'll get them." I said.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'll give them to you back at the dorms."

Fuutaro nodded, and walked off. I made my way to the panel and called their apartment.

Miku answered. ["What is it?"]

"Hey, Fuutaro forgot his flashcards."

["I'm going for a shower, just come get them."]

"Are you sure?" I asked, but didn't get a reply.

Shrugging, I walked in. Finally, I get to use the elevator...

I opened the apartment door slowly. "Anyone in here?" I called out.

I walked in further, and heard the sound of a hair dryer. I looked over and saw Miku on the couch, drying her hair.

"Damn, you're already done?" I wondered. She couldn't hear me over the dryer, but then turned it off and looked in my direction.

Doesn't she care if I see her in a towel?

I walked over to the table, and bent down to grab the flashcards when she spoke up.

"Who's there? Miku?"

My hand stopped when I realized who the voice belonged to. I looked over to the couch and realized that it wasn't Miku on the couch, but Nino...

"I thought you wanted to use the bathroom. I'm done now."

I'll be a spider down the drain if she catches me.

"Hey, can you grab my contacts? They're om the usual shelf. Could you bring them over?"

Wait a second- she can't see me. That's good and all, but what's my next move? Come on, Spider-Man, think... If she finds out I'm here, forget about 'good faith', I'll be a dead man.

"What's wrong? Are you still mad at me because of that conversation before?" She got up from the couch and started walking in my direction.

I turned around and walked towards the shelf. Contacts, where are you?

"I know I took things too far. I feel bad about what I did, okay?"

Where are these stupid contacts?! I don't wanna die so young...

Wait, didn't I technically die that one time...? I'll leave that one up for debate...

"Not in there. Look in the usual place. it's the shelf right above that."

Nino walked behind me, and tried reaching up to the self, pressing her breasts into my back. Great...

"Huh? I could've sworn they were right here!"

I've gotta get out of here... I moved away, grabbed the flashcards, and tip-toed towards the door.

"I knew it, you are mad! It's their fault, those stupid boys."

I stopped and looked at her.

"The only reason they keep coming to see us is because Papa hired that stupid guy, Uesugi... and Zaffar followed him here, This house is for us sisters. They don't belong here with us!"

I guess her feelings are valid.

"I've had enough! I won't let them come back, ever!" She started flailing her arms around, but hit the shelf with her right one. "Oww..."

I looked right above her, and saw the books on the shelf were about to fall on her head, so I did what any Spider would do... I jumped over the couches and pushed her away. The books fell on me instead of her.

Just in time...

I looked down and saw that I was on top of Nino. She looked at me in surprise. "Wh-who's there?"

I got off her and she sat up.

"You- you intruder!"

"Calm down, I can explain. I came to get something."

"What, a naked picture of me? You're a pervert! That's so disgusting!"

"No. I came to get-" before I could finish my sentence, I heard a camera snap. I turned to see Itsuki, phone in hand, with a disgusted look on her face.

"You're the worst."

...

"Order in the court!" Ichika yelled. Barring the fourth quintuplet, everyone else was in the living room, and had decided to have a 'court-style meeting' to go over the incident.

"Your Honour. Here's exhibit A; the defendant, a part-time tutor, lost control of his primal urges, offending an innocent young woman with his unspeakable lewdness." Itsuki said, acting as Nino's lawyer. "Now, Zaffar, as you are clearly featured in this photograph, how do you plead?"

I sighed, before replying. "Not guilty."

"Please, your honour-" Nino raised her hand.

"You may speak, plaintiff!" Ichika pointed at Nino.

"Let it be known that the perpetrator gave the impression he was leaving, and then waited for me to exit the shower."

"That's not what hap-"

"-And as punishment for such a heinous crime, I propose he be permanently banned from this apartment!"

"That's a bit too much, isn't it?"

"Sorry, but you should've thought about that." Ichika said.

*SIGH* "I don't really care either way, but I'm not guilty, so go ahead, do whatever-"

"Objection-" Miku cut me off. "Zaffar might look like a criminal, but he's not."

"You-" *SIGH* "Never mind, forget it."

"I let him in by intercom. Check the tapes. This was all just an accident."

Finally, someone with common sense.

"I can't believe you're actually taking this guy's side! I mean, he admitted to it! He came back in to take pics!"

Speaking of pictures, I sure am glad I don't have to sell photos of myself to the Bugle for a quick buck.

"He just said 'take.' You know, as in 'get.'"

"Your Honour, Miku's only defending this dirtbag because she has a crush on him." Nino said sarcastically.

Miku's face turned beet red. "What? That's not true."

"Thanks for believing in me, Miku."

"Don't you come any closer." She held out her hand, and turned away from me.

*SIGH*

"Oh? Are you too embarrassed to look your boyfriend in the eye?" Nino mocked Miku.

"Now you're just making things up."

"Need I remind you that this lowlife saw me naked?!"

"It's not like there's anything there to look at!"

"Maybe not for you, but I have a figure!"

"We all look the same, genius!"

"Hey- now's not the time to be arguing." Both the sisters turned to look at Itsuki.

"You stay out of it, Itsuki." Miku said.

"Yeah, and delete that photo before I end your life!"

Itsuki jumped into Ichika's lap, crying. "Your honour!"

"Aw, there, there. Let's see... Even if Miku did let him in, how did they end up like that?"

"My point exactly!" Nino said proudly. "I knew you would understand, Ichika. The only explanation is that this monster threw himself at me!"

I'm getting tired of this charade.

"No, I told you-"

"Zaffar. Did you touch her?" Miku asked.

"Yeah, because I had to get out of-" Before she heard me out, she turned away, pouting.

"Your punishment is... suicide."

Alright, that's enough.

I banged my palm on the table, gathering their attention, but, the shelf that Nino had hit her hand on, creaked, and a few more books fell down.

"Like I was saying... I came here to get the flashcards. Nino hit her hand on the shelf, and some books were going to fall on her, so I pushed her away and the books fell on me instead. That is how we ended up like that."

Itsuki looked at her phone. "So, he protected her...?" Nino gasped at her comment.

"Makes sense when you look at it like that." Ichika said.

"So, is that what happened?" Itsuki asked.

"Yeah. Thank you for finally using some common sense."

"Hey! I'm merely suggesting a possibility!"

Miku got up and walked behind the couch, to see the photo.

"I see it."

"You're right. Zaffar's not ballsy enough to commit a crime."

Ballsy, huh? You don't need balls to commit a crime... You either need to be a coward, or be desperate enough to resort to the life of crime...

Nino looked at her sisters, surprised. "Hey, wait-! but, why are you throwing out the case all of a sudden?! This trial isn't over yet."

"Just let it go, Nino." Miku said.

"How dare you?!"

"Come on, don't get so upset. The five of us used to get along really well, remember?" Ichika said.

"Either way." I interrupted them. "This happened because I was careless. Sorry about that." I got up.

"Used to...?"

"Huh?"

"I..." Nino ran out of the apartment without another word.

"Shouldn't someone go talk to her?"

"No. Just let her be for now."

"Right. I'll be going as well, before any of you can accuse me of something I didn't do." I said sarcastically, walking off.

I took the elevator down, scrolling through my phone. I got a message, and saw that it was from Ritvik.

RITVIK: [Found a lead] - [18:34]
RITVIK: [Downtown Brooklyn] - [18:34]

[Omw] - [18:35]: ME

I walked out of the complex, and saw Nino sitting there with her knees up to her chest, and her face buried in her arms.

Are they really okay with the way things are? I guess, it's none of my business.

She noticed me, and ran towards the door, but it closed on her.

"Why are you so useless...?" she sat back down.

She forgot her key, but won't ask her sisters to let her back in for some reason...

"What are you gawking at? The last thing I wanna see is your dull face."

"Right, because I just love staring at you, right?" I scoffed, and walked away.

Should I really just let her be all alone out here? But she's not gonna talk to me...

Hmm, I might not have a chance, but my wall-crawling alter ego may have a better chance.

...

"Mind if I join you?"

Nino looked up at me, and got shocked when she saw me hanging upside-down from a web.

"Y-you! You're S-Spider-Man!" She got up to her feet, squealing like a fan girl who just met their idol.

"The one and only. Well... not technically."

"W-what are you doing here?!"

"Well, I was hanging around in the neighbourhood, and saw you looking all sulky. So, I decided to come here."

I jumped off my web, and took a seating position on the wall next to her.

"So, let me ask you this- why are you out here sulking?"

"I... forgot my key and now I can't go back inside." She looked away from me.

"Huh? That's it? That's why you're sad?" I said in faux confusion. "I don't believe you!"

"That's... kind of personal." She looked down.

"Ah, I get it. Sorry, my bad. I'm in no position to ask you that."

She then suddenly looked up at me. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Shoot."

"Why... Why do you guys help people?"

I looked at the sky, pondering her question.

"Many people think we do it for money; others think we do it for fame. But hey- if we wanted all the glory, we wouldn't wear masks." I chuckled. "We don't do it for either of those things. We do it because we have these amazing powers- and with great power, there also comes great responsibility. Life is full of choices, and sometimes... in order to grow up and do what's right, we have to give up the thing we want the most- even our dreams."

I looked back at her.

"In other words, we do it because we can- because the only thing standing between this city and oblivion, is us..."

Suddenly, the door opened, and Miku stepped out.

"Nino, come inside, it's getting dark out-" she noticed me on the wall and stopped talking.

"Well, then- ciao ladies!"

I shot a web at one of the lampposts, and swung away, giving the two sister a little wave as I did.

"W-what just-" Miku tried to talk, but Nino grabbed her arm and dragged her inside.

"Come, let's go inside..." she said, as she smiled.

Why do I help people, huh? Why haven't I given up? That's a very good question. Even though I've lost everything, I still haven't given up... Even though when all is lost back in my world... I still can't find it in myself to just walk away... And I still can't find it in myself to lose everything...

...

RITVIK ANAND'S POV:

After an hour of searching all around Manhattan, I finally found some clues as to where Screwball could be.

Brooklyn...

Huh?

"Anybody streaming?" I exclaimed, as I landed in an old alleyway.

There was a ton of equipment and a couple of laptops laid down on an old wooden table, right in front of a small projector screen with Screwball's logo on it.

"All right... Just need to grab the right-"

*POOF*

"Aargh-! What the-?"

["HAHAHAHAHAHA! OMG! OMG! You should see your FACE!"]

"You're not here... I should've figured."

["Your little code manip was cute, but did you really think that I, the QUEEN of MEMES, would let you catch me THAT easily?"]

"I was kinda hoping."

["LOL! S-M! Ha! You know I'm Spidey-Fan numero uno. But if we collab IRL NOW, how will we EVER make Season Two?!"]

"We could always... not?"

["Aww, don't be like that! I'm sure I'll see you soon. Enjoy your wrap party, S-M! Oh, and also- don't forget to diffuse the bombs across Brooklyn!"]

BOMBS ACROSS BROOKLYN?!

Suddenly, the projector showed 4 locations on the map with a blinking red light on each of them. Before I could contact the others, though, I was jumped by multiple goons.

"This is gonna be fun."

I quickly turned on the Concussive Blast on the web-shooter and fired away.

"WHERE'S HE GET THIS CRAP?"

"Oi, do you guys even get Screwball's feed in prison?!" I yelled as I dodged a couple of bullets.

"What's he doin'?!"

I shot a web at one of the thugs and pulled him closer, before roundhouse kicking his head and knocking him out. Sliding under one of them, I kicked him in the popliteal fossa, and then webbed his leg to the ground before punching him in the face.

I have to contact the others about the bombs...

Tapping on my mask twice, it opened up a line which allowed me to contact the others any time I wanted.

"Guys, I need you to come to Brooklyn right now. I'm sending you different locations where Screwball has planted bombs. We have to defuse them ASAP!"

...

AGRIM SHARMA'S POV:

Swinging through Downtown, I got a Code Red from Ritvik. Quickly changing my trajectory, I headed straight for Brooklyn.

Bombs again, huh? This Screwball really is nuts...

The city skyline sprawled before me, a mesmerizing tapestry of lights that flickered and danced in the darkness. With each swing of my web, I soared through the night sky, the cool breeze whipping against my face as I navigated the bustling streets below.

As I approached the scene of Screwball's latest scheme, my senses sharpened, adrenaline coursing through my veins as I prepared to confront the threat head-on. The air crackled with tension, a palpable energy that hung heavy in the night air.

With a final, graceful arc, I landed on the rooftop overlooking the target area, my eyes scanning the surroundings for any sign of trouble. Below, I could see the faint glow of neon lights, casting an eerie glow over the deserted streets.

Taking a moment to gather my thoughts, I steeled myself for what lied ahead. Screwball may be a formidable adversary, but I am determined to put an end to her reign of chaos once and for all. With a resolute nod, I leapt into action, the thrill of the chase propelling me forward into the heart of the night.

I need to track down that bomb before it goes off. I hope the others do too...

...

The adrenaline from the bomb diffusion course still coursed through my veins as we gathered on the rooftop, the cool night air a welcome respite from the chaos below. My heart was pounding in my chest as the four of us caught our breath, the weight of our recent victory mingling with the uncertainty of what lay ahead.

As we huddle together, our phones simultaneously emitted a soft ding, signaling the arrival of a new message. With a sense of trepidation, I glanced down at the screen, my eyes narrowing as I read Screwball's taunting tweet. A surge of frustration rose within me, her words a stark reminder of the ever-present threat she poses.

[Got something big planned! See y'all in a few months.]

"What does she think she's playing at? We can't let her get away with this. We have to stop her, no matter what it takes." I said, frustration evident in my voice.

The tension in the air is palpable as we exchange worried glances, the weight of Screwball's words hanging heavy over us. But amidst the uncertainty, there was also a steely resolve, a determination to protect our city from whatever danger she has in store.

"We can't let Screwball get the upper hand..." Zain said, folding his arms.

"We need to stay vigilant and be ready for whatever she throws at us next. We can't afford to let our guard down for even a moment." Arush said, exchanging a worried glance.

As we steeled ourselves for the challenges ahead, I knew that the road ahead will be fraught with danger.

TO BE CONTINUED...

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

Nothing to really add except that the story is progressing quite slowly, and it might stay that way for the rest of the Volume.

Thanks for being patient and continuing the story this far. :)

- ZZS101

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

17.4K 545 15
[𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝟮 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗢𝗨𝗧] A trouble blonde teen and his twin transfered to Riverside High. The blonde wants to rule the school but a...
12.1K 575 10
So... lemme get this straight. I'm a loner. *nods* so why the hell am I being put in a classroom of all the main cast of an anime!? *¯\_(ツ)_/¯* Sigh...
12.6K 510 19
by clarissa_ackerman & rintakamii ↳ a crossover Levi x Reader story ↳ placed in the Tokyo Ghoul's universe Levi Ackerman. A broker who lives in Tokyo...
46.3K 973 61
(COMPLETE) Born with a unique quirk, Midoriya Izuku strives to become a hero. ××××××× That's it. That's the synopsis.... Don't look at me like that! ...