Break From Chicago | KV

By storiesbysarah_

"I just need you ta believe in me, Kaliyah. Give me this one chance ta show you that I could be better fa you... More

Prologue: "New Years Eve Kiss"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: The Final Chapter

Chapter 22

4.7K 302 164
By storiesbysarah_

As promised, here is another chapter yallll ❤️ how are yall doing tho? I hope everyone is good❤️❤️

Let's readddd😉

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico📍
Monday, July 15
5pm

"You sho' you know how ta ride an ATV?"

Dayvon raised his eyebrows up, his attention fixed on Kaliyah as she stood right in front of him. A mischievous smile plastered onto her face as she gave him a sly look, tilting her head to the side.

"Yesss Von, of course I know how. You don't trust me?"

She snickered, hitting his arm playfully with her hand. He just kissed his teeth, not believing her at all. The two had spent the last hour riding around on ATV's together at the beach, with Von doing most of the driving since this was his favorite thing to do.

The ATV's were apart of the many excursions they had going within the last 3 days of there baecation. Before that, they went horse back riding, snorkeling under water with the dolphins, and they even got a tour of the entire island too.

The whole day was filled with nothing but pure fun. Both Von and Kaliyah couldn't even remember the last time they ever had fun like this in such a long time.

"I neva' said I ain't trust you. I jus' don't think you a good driver lil folks."

Kaliyah scrunched her face up, just as she was trying to clip her helmet back onto her head. Her french nails were way too long, preventing her from being able to clip it on correctly. Dayvon watched as she struggled a little, finding her frustrations to be quite amusing.

He just thought that she looked so beautiful as always, with her chocolate brown two piece bikini set that was underneath a mesh coverup. Her skin tone was extremely tan since they had been out in the sun for most of the day. The sight of her alone always seemed to amaze him.

"Come hea' beautiful. Lemme help yo goofy ass."

He chuckled, moving closer to her. She put her hands down and out the way, just as he took a hold of the two straps underneath her chin.

"I'm not goofy Von. And you've never even seen me drive before in your life. So how would you know that I can't drive no ATV?"

She pursed her lips out, giving him a playful glare.

"Cus you clumsy as hell. Ion really need ta see you driving ta know dat-"

"Oh wow. So now I'm clumsy? Since when?"

Kaliyah dead faced him, just as he clipped her helmet securely.

"Just gimme kiss lil folks. Might be our last since you finna kill us on this ATV."

He teased, purposely getting under her skin. He just loved to get on Kaliyah's nerves for some reason. It was his way of flirting with her.

"I can't stand you Von."

She laughed, gently pushing him away. Dayvon just chuckled as Kaliyah climbed into the drivers seat. He could see the smile plastered onto her face, clearly excited about it being her turn to ride around the beach.

"Now hurry up and get in with me."

She insisted, motioning for him to sit next to her.

"Hell naw gang. Ima jus' watch you do yo thing from over hea'."

Kaliyah's smile instantly faded, her face turning into a frown. She looked up at him with confusion, pouting her lips. Von clearly couldn't keep a straight face, instead letting out a deep laugh that came from the pit of his stomach. He obviously was just playing with her once again.

"Look at yo face. You jus' love me that much huh."

He pointed, accidentally slipping out the "love" word. He could see the surprised look on her face from his statement, completely catching her off guard. Dayvon mentally cursed himself for even saying that word, quickly looking away from her gaze before clearing his throat. He instead made his way around to the passenger side, hopping in.

"Just don't crash into nun."

He snickered, attempting to change the subject.

"Keep talking shit and I just might..."

Kaliyah snapped back, just before pressing her foot onto the gas pedal. The engine roared loudly as they took off flying down the narrow strip. The sun was setting, which made the sky turn into different hues of pink and orange. There weren't many people on the beach around this time, making it feel like they were the only ones here.

Both Kaliyah and Dayvon simply could not stop laughing with each other as they continued riding up and down the shore like nobody's business.

*40 minutes later*

"Ooouu okay, look at that cloud right over there. It's shaped just like a butterfly."

Kaliyah pointed, attempting to get Von's attention. He was in the middle of licking a joint that was placed in between his fingers, making sure it was sealed tightly before planning on smoking it.

After driving around for what felt like hours on the ATV's, the two ended up taking a break in a secluded area on the beach, with a picnic blanket sprawled out onto the sand.

Kaliyah sat comfortably on the blanket with her legs open in front of her, while Von rested his head right in between them. She had her fingers in his hair, playing with each one of his locs as he laid there enjoying the feeling.

By now, the sun was nearly touching the water as the sky was getting dark. The air felt so cool against their skin, giving off the perfect summer atmosphere. Von pulled the un-lit joint from his lips, his eyes flickering up toward wherever Kaliyah had been pointing to. He stared off into the distance, looking at the cloud that she claimed resembled a butterfly.

"Is you slow, Kaliyah? That shit ain't no butterfly."

He blurted out, making a face. She scoffed, opening her mouth slightly before giving him a look.

"I am not playing this game with you anymore. You clearly have no sense of imagination."

She pointed. His lips curled into a smirk, admiring her beauty while she waved him off.

"My imagination works just fine, Ma. Yo ass just needs glasses."

"Glasses? So that cloud doesn't look like a butterfly to you for real? I mean... you don't see the wings?"

Dayvon placed his the joint down next to him, before looking back up at the sky again. Kaliyah looked down, watching as he squinted his eyes for a second, observing the cloud closely.

She took this time to truly admire his face, and all of his striking features. Kaliyah couldn't quite understand how possible it was for him to have such a sweet looking face. His almond shaped eyes which had pools of brown just swirling in the center could literally hypnotize you into doing anything he said.

His brown skin was always so clear and clean looking too. She secretly wondered if he had an actual skin care routine, or if he was just that perfect. Her eyes traveled down toward his lips, which were plump and juicy looking-

"Did you even hea' what I just said, Kaliyah?"

Von's voice could be heard, interrupting Kaliyah right out of her gaze. She snapped out of it, realizing that he was looking directly up at her now, grinning handsomely. She could feel her cheeks immediately flushing warm as the embarrassment began to kick in.

"I mean, you could take a picture of me so it'll last longer."

He teased. He brought his hands up towards her waist, his fingers lightly pressing against her bare skin as he attempted to tickle her. Kaliyah couldn't help but laugh, gently pushing his hands away.

"Shut up Von, for real."

She bashfully groaned.

"You lookin' at me like that gon get you bent over onnis picnic blanket. Keep playin' wit me."

He continued to tease, just as she rolled her eyes in a full circle.

"I seriously can't stand you Vonnnnn."

She giggled.

Dayvon just chuckled, watching as Kaliyah seemed embarrassed now. He thought it was cute the effect he always seemed to have on her. He could seriously feel himself falling deeper and deeper for her by the second.

It was now his turn to admire her, tucking his bottom lip into his mouth as he did his fair share of looking. Her locs were super long, with half of them being pulled up into an updo. Her hair was probably his most favorite feature about her. Or maybe it was her eyes, with the way he felt so weak every single time she would look at him in that way. Dayvon had never felt like this before with anyone else at all.

"You're such a copy cat Von. Quit staring."

She giggled, looking back down at him as they made eye contact. He reached over, placing his hand onto her face as his thumb caressed her cheek sweetly.

"Let me taste you real quick."

He mumbled, wanting a kiss from her. Kaliyah could feel the butterflies dancing in her stomach just by his words alone. Yet, she wasted no time leaning forward, just as he lifted his head slightly before pressing their lips together.

They fell right into each other, Dayvon's eyes rolling shut as he kissed on her lips softly. Kaliyah couldn't stop smiling, placing both of her hands onto his face while twisting her head to deepen the kiss. If there was ever such a thing as being high off of love, this was probably it.

"I could kiss you all day-"

He mumbled in between the kiss, getting lost in his own feels.

"Mmhmm, I can tell."

Kaliyah laughed. She pulled away from him, the two just gazing at each other for a few seconds. She could still feel his thumb gently caressing her cheek as his eyes studied her face. He looked like he had something on his mind that he wanted to say.

"What are you thinking about, Von?"

She spoke, curiously.

"You heard what I said earlier, about you loving me?"

Von spoke softly, still never breaking eye contact with her. He could feel his own stomach turning, yet he couldn't stop himself from bringing up the topic again.

"Yeah, I heard what you said."

She replied.

"Well... is it true? You love me for real, Kaliyah?"

His eyes stayed focus on her, watching closely at her reaction. Dayvon wasn't even sure why he was so afraid of this question at all, let alone why he felt like now was the right time to ask it. It's not like he was under the influence or anything, since he didn't even light his weed yet. And neither of them had been drinking at all today.

This was just nothing but his pure most sober thoughts getting the best of him.

Kaliyah chewed the inside of her cheek, her hands still cupping his face as he waited for an answer.

"Do you love me, Von?"

She rebutted.

"Unt unt, I asked you first shorty."

Dayvon playfully sucked his teeth, instead bringing his hand down to her neck before squeezing it gently. She just laughed, attempting to move his hand away from her.

"Alright, you play too much!"

She laughed, wiggling out of his grip. He finally let go of her, instead sitting up now before picking up his weed. He lowkey felt some type of way that she couldn't even answer the question. He himself wasn't even ready to tell her that he loved her, yet for some reason he needed to hear it from her mouth first.

Maybe it was his trust issues kicking in. He really wasn't sure.

"How I play too much when you can't even answer a simple question?"

He retorted.

She watched as he placed the blunt in the corner of his mouth before reaching into his pocket for a lighter. She truly did want to answer his question, yet Kaliyah was unsure herself if it was the right time. She still had a lot of hidden doubts about Von, or about their relationship and how it developed in general.

I mean, he is a well known cheater. She wasn't quite sure if he even had a faithful bone in his body. She'd be lying if she ever said that she trusted him in that department; even though she was falling in love deeply with him.

"So let me get this straight, you want to know right now if I'm in love with you?"

Kaliyah raised her eyebrow, just as Dayvon lit the end of his blunt with the lighter. He let it burn for a few seconds before inhaling the smoke. She watched as he let the smoke dance from his mouth and nose like a pro.

"I ain't stutter when I asked you tha question now did I?"

He clearly seemed annoyed now, which only made her laugh. His mood swings were really something else...

"You'on eva take me serious Kaliyah. Just forget it."

He waved her off, before taking in a few more puffs of his weed.

"Von are you being serious right now??"

She gasped, still unable to hide her laughter.

"Nah, it's coo. Forget I even asked."

Kaliyah tilted her head to the side, giving him a look as he tried avoiding eye contact with her. He was clearly in his feelings now, which only made her think that maybe he was being serious.

"So... you don't think we're moving a little bit fast here, Von? I mean, you and I aren't even together for real. Plus, you just got out of a relationship with Asian- and I feel like there's still some tension there between you and her-"

"Tension? Tension where?"

He made a face, looking at Kaliyah as if she was crazy.

"Von you know exactly what I mean. Asian is madly in love with you. You're all she ever talks about. She probably even knows about us already, and I can't help but feel bad about it-"

"Hold up... so you still feelin guilty about what me and you got going on ova' Asian?"

He said, cutting her off.

"Well yeah? She's my cousin Von. It's a fucked up situation don't you think? Put yourself in my shoes for a second-"

"First of all, Asian was sleepin' wit Duke behind yo back this entire time, and you ain't even kno' that shit Kaliyah. So Ion kno' why you keep tryna spare ha feelings for."

He blurted out.

There was a brief moment of silence as Kaliyah was trying her best to process what he just said. She could feel her own heart dropping down to the pit of her stomach, almost like a bowling ball. This was all brand news to her. She seriously had no idea that Asian had been sleeping with Duke at all.

"W-what?"

Kaliyah stammered out, clearly shocked. Dayvon could just see the confused look on her face, and he instantly regretted dumping that on her the way that he did just now.

"Kaliyah.. look I ain't mean to-"

"What do you mean she was sleeping with Duke behind my back? Did she tell you that?"

She questioned, cutting him off. Von just awkwardly cleared his throat, trying to find the right words to say.

"Look, maybe I shouldn't have brought this up ta you like this. I wasn't really thinking-"

"No Von, I need to know."

She snapped. Dayvon just let out a deep sigh, mentally cursing himself.

"I uhh... I found out when I went through ha phone before ending things with ha. There were dm's of ha and Duke talking back and forth for a while now-"

Kaliyah just hopped up off the picnic blanket, frustrated with what she was hearing. Her mind just kept racing, trying to put the pieces together herself.

"So this whole time me and Duke were together, he was cheating on me with her?"

She spoke, more so to herself. Kaliyah just wasn't sure on how to feel at this point. She had spent these last few weeks feeling guilty about being with Von behind Asian's back, yet Asian was already doing her own dirt this entire time.

Dayvon quickly stood to his feet, putting out his weed prematurely before sticking it behind his ear.

"Kaliyah hold up- just talk ta me real quick."

He said, catching up to her as she attempted to storm off. He gently grabbed onto her arm, forcing her to face him.

"I can't even think right now, Von. I don't even know how to feel. Like, why would she do that?"

Kaliyah seemed genuinely confused. Dayvon just sighed a bit, scratching the back of his neck.

"Ion really know Kali. She told me she did it because she had seen you and I kissing that night on new years-"

"Are you serious?!"

Kaliyah just pulled her hand away from Von, feeling embarrassed now. She just kept feeling a mixture of guilt, anger, and sadness all in one. This situation was definitely fucked up to say the least.

So Asian got with Duke because she was mad about me kissing Von years ago? When we were kids?!

Her thoughts kept racing a mile a minute.

"Kaliyah, please tell me you'on feel bad about that shit. I mean, me and Asian wasn't even together when I kissed you that night-"

"It doesn't matter Von. Me and her were friends and I knew exactly how she felt about you. It was completely wrong of me to do that to her... and the fact that she saw us-"

Kaliyah shook her head.

"Kali, Ima need you ta really listen ta me real quick. Asian was mad ova' sum lil ass petty shit, and decided to fuck up yo relationship wit Duke as get back. Yet you ova' here tryna justify it like it's yo fault?"

Von spoke firmly, grabbing a hold of her arm again. Kaliyah just looked up at him, seeing how serious he was as he gave her a stern look.

"I know you got a good heart. You prolly one of the sweetest girls I know. But like I said earlier, me and Asian weren't even together when you and I first kissed that night. Ion care how she felt about me, cus I definitely ain't neva' felt no shit for ha at all. Especially not wit tha way I feel about you, Kaliyah."

His hand slid down her arm, reaching her hands while pulling her even closer to him.

"And ta answer yo question from earlier, yes I do think I'm falling in love wit you. I've always felt some type of way about you for a long time now, even way before Asian."

His words came off sweetly as she just listened to him speak.

"I got trust issues, I'm not good with this whole relationship shit, but I do know how I feel about you. And if you feel like we movin' too fast... then ion mind taking a step back until you feel comfortable-"

"I am falling in love with you too, Von."

Kaliyah spoke softly, cutting him off. She could just see the love in his eyes as he gazed down at her, fully not expecting for her to even say that. For some reason though, hearing Von say that he was falling in love was definitely a shock. Especially given the fact that he was never able to say that to Asian, and they dated for 4 whole years.

The two just looked at each other, Dayvon's lips cracking into a slight grin as Kaliyah just giggled.

"So why you couldn't tell me that earlier when I asked you?"

He mumbled, mushing her head with his hand playfully. She just waved him off.

"Boy I don't know. You scare me."

She pointed.

"I scare you? Fuck is you talm bout' Kaliyah?"

He raised his eyebrows up, curiously wanting to know what she even meant by that.

"Well... this whole situation just scares me. I mean, you and I both came from such toxic relationships in the past; and personally, I have a lot of healing to do from dealing with that mess..."

Her voice trailed off, just as she nervously chewed at the inside of her cheek. She could see him staring at her for a few seconds before nodding his head slowly.

"You're right..."

He finally admitted, which surprised her. Dayvon really couldn't ignore the fact that they both had trust issues, and that was something that needed to be addressed before diving into any sort of relationship at all.

"How about you and I head back to the villa, take a shower together, get real comfy and just talk about everything."

He suggested.

"Wait really? Like... everything??"

She said while eyeing him. He just nodded his head, taking her hand with his softly.

"Yup. We can just be real raw and honest wit each other. I wanna know how you feel about me, and what you afraid of. And I'll open up ta you too about shit. We ca' just lay it out all onna table like adults."

He explained.

"I jus' wanna do this right wit you, Kaliyah. I don't want ta fuck this up. But I'm not gon do this if youn wanna do this-"

"I do want to do this with you Von."

She squeezed his hand lightly with her fingers, watching as he licked his lips a bit.

"Okay then. Let's do this."

He leaned in, pecking her lips softly before pulling away.

"And we gon fuck right after, I hope you know."

He pointed.

"Oh wow... there you go ruining the moment again."

Kaliyah snickered, removing her hand from him now. She instead pushed him playfully before making a run for the ATV.

"You can't run from me Kaliyah. I'a chase yo ass to the ends of this earth. Fuck wrong witchu?"

He shouted, just before running after right after her.

_____________________
Let's be honest here.... Kaliyah has every right to feel guilty about messing with Von. But, if the heart wants what it wants then so be it 😭😭😭😭

And yes, Asian was dead wrong for sleeping with Duke. If anything, Asian did Kaliyah way dirtier than Kaliyah ever did Asian (in my personal opinion, what yall think?)

Like I said, everybody messy in this book. Even Von..... 👀🤫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 25.5K 99
This is a sequel to 'crazy story ' After a crazy roller coaster ride last year , Kennedy attempts to cope with being without someone she fell in lov...
323K 11K 52
#1 𝙠𝙖𝙮𝙛𝙡𝙤𝙘𝙠 𝙛𝙖𝙣 𝙛𝙞𝙘 - .. "Heard you gang" I replied and Kay had same the reaction as Camrin when I called his lil annoying ass gang. "A...
424K 11.8K 46
***THIS CONTENT CONTAINS MATURE SCENES IN IT, ALONG WITH VIOLENCE ***** Asia Carter is 18 and a senior in High School. Asia loves to sing and dance...
564K 22K 69
Dayvon would kill for Normani without hesitation; but what'll happen when his dangerous lifestyle gets in between their love? THIS IS A TRILOGY! BOOK...