Vikings: Survival

By Loke123stark

Freya Ragnarsdottir, Youngest Daughter of Lagertha and Ragnar. Younger sister to Gyda and Bjorn. 8 years old. More

Freya Ragnarsdottir
Rites Of Passage
Wrath Of The Northman
Dispossessed
Trial
Raid
Burial Of The Dead
A King's Ransom
Sacrifice
All Change
Brother's War
Invasion
Treachery
Eye For An Eye
Unforgiven
Blood Eagle
Boneless
The Choice
The Lord's Prayer
Mercenary
The Wanderer
Warrior's Fate
Scarred
The Usurper
Born Again
Paris

Answers In Blood

508 12 0
By Loke123stark

Inside 

No one POV 

Everyone was seeing each other again and Rollo said "Lagertha, you're the last person I expected to see here. You and your warriors are as welcome to us As spring after the hardest and most bitter winter." 

Lagertha said "Rollo, my son and I are only too glad To come to Ragnar's aid." 

Bjorn walked up to Henry and Bjorn said "Everyone has grown, Henry, I wish to thank you for being there for my sister." 

Henry said "You don't need to , in truth she was there for me too" and Freya smiled and Bjorn said "Although, you know that if you were to hurt her." 

Freya said "Bjorn." 

Henry said "I wouldn't dare to, and I know that she would fight back first, and she's a very fierce warrior." 

Freya smiled and said "Well, don't count yourself short, your a fierce warrior as well" and Rollo walked up and said "Freya and all the gods, Bjorn, You're a big bastard now." 

Bjorn said "Thank you, Uncle." 

Rollo said "Still can't grow a beard, though. Everything is new now." 

Torstein said "Good to see you, Bjorn." 

Floki said "Yes... Yes. You stayed true to your path. You see him, Helga? He's all grown up!" and Floki and Bjorn hugged. 

Bjorn said "I missed you so much." 

Floki said "You look stronger than your father. Come, what have they been feeding you?! You look like you've been eating a cow a day. Which is more than your sister eats." 

Bjorn said "You are the one to talk" and Freya said "Ha." 

Aslaug walked up to Lagertha and said "I am grateful to see you." 

Lagertha said "Thank you, princess Aslaug." 

Sigurd coos softly in Aslaug's arms and Freya said "Come on" and Freya led Bjorn over to them and Bjorn said "Princess." 

Aslaug said "My sons: Ubbe and Hvitserk. " 

Lagertha said "I am pleased to see you. I always knew that, some day, I would meet some more of Ragnar's sons." 

Ubbe said "How did you know" and Freya bent down in front of them and said "Well, there is the Seer, and the Seers get prophecies from the Gods, He can see what the Gods will allow her to see." 

Ubbe said "Oh. Who's that" and Freya said "That is our brother Bjorn" and Ubbe said "From the stories." 

Freya said "Yes, from the stories." 

Hvitserk said "Hi." 

Bjorn said "And you have a baby? May I?" and Aslaug said "His name is Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye." 

Lagertha said "After your father?" and Aslaug said "And after his own father." 

Ragnar said "Enough with the pleasantries, let's make a plan." 

Lagertha said "So?" and Torstein said "Even with your additional forces, Lagertha, We cannot attack Kattegat and hope to succeed. Jarl Borg is well dug in." 

Lagertha said "What do you propose?" and Rollo said "We want to drive Jarl Borg out of Kattegat. He has no idea we have been reinforced." 

Torstein said "And what would make him leave Kattegat Where he can winter in safety?" and Rollo said " The one thing that would threaten His whole existence there." 

Floki said "And what would that be?" and Rollo said "Food.  A few of us will go into the town And destroy the winter grain stores." 

Floki said "I will do it, I will go." 

Ragnar said "No. My son and I will go." 

Bjorn nodded and Freya looked at him and Bjorn said "Well, look at this way, this gives you a chance to speak to Mother." 

Freya glared at him and said "Seriously?". 

Bjorn said "She missed you. She hasn't seen you since you were 11." 

Freya said "Because she chose to leave me here." 

Bjorn said "Just try, as a favor, it can be a welcome back gift to me" and Freya said "Are you serious? You can't be. Your unbelivable." 

Bjorn said "Ha, see you did miss me." 

Freya said "Fine, I'll do it." 

Bjorn said "Well, I see your a good big sister" and Freya said "They'll get used to you too, they're pretty sweet." 

Bjorn said "Well,  of course your great with children, you've always wanted them. I'm glad that your happy and in love." 

Freya said "Oh, so overprotective brother thing" and Bjorn said "Yes, I might do that, but I hate to say this, but he's a good man." 

Freya smiled and said "Really? You think that" and Bjorn said "Do not throw this in my place, look I was wrong about him, He's much more than a Christian." 

Freya said "Well, Thank you." 

Later 

Freya was looking around and said "Where could they possibly be" and she picked up Hvitserk and said "Got you." 

Freya said "Let's see if we can find" and Lagertha walked up and said "Freya." 

Freya turned to look at her and Freya said "Ubbe, why don't you take your brother and go back to your mother." 

Freya put down Hvitserk and Ubbe grabbed his hand and Henry said "Here, I'll help" and he grabbed their hands and walked away. 

Freya looked at Lagertha and Lagertha said "It's nice to see you as an older sister, you always wanted to be one, your so natural with them." 

Freya said "Thank you, Mother" and Lagertha said "You've grown up so much in all this time. I can see that you'll make a wonderful mother some day." 

Freya said "Hopefully." 

Lagertha said "I see how happy you are with Henry, I can see that, If you want, I can help you in choosing the person you wish to marry."

Freya said "Bjorn says you remarried." 

Lagertha said "I did" and Freya said "Will you return to him?" and Lagertha said "I would have to out of duty and well." 

Freya scoffed and said "Huh." 

Lagertha said "I understand that you might be angry over what happened, but please let go of this anger against your father." 

Freya said "I'm not angry at Father, you can say what you will about him, I'm sorry that he dishonored you, but he was here, he never abandoned me, you did." 

Lagertha said "Freya." 

Freya said "I was 11, you knew I couldn't go with you, but still you left me" and Lagertha said "It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but." 

Freya said "But you had to, you left, I was alone here, I didn't know where my brother was , were you, would a letter have killed you." 

Lagertha said "Freya." 

Freya said "You left, and you never even messaged me." 

Kattegat 

Freya was on a horse near Henry along with all the other allies to engage in a battle against Borg and they started the battle and Freya shot arrows killing a few of Borg's men and Henry fought many of them in battle with a sword. 

Lagertha using a shield fought many of them, and Ragnar and Bjorn were also fighting and Freya got off her horse and Borg said "Retreat! ". 

His warriors said "Follow Jarl Borg!  Retreat! Go!" and the warriors retreated. 

They cheered. 

In Kattegat 

They were riding in and Rollo said "You fought well today, Bjorn." 

Bjorn said "Thank you, Uncle" and Rollo said "You fought very well too, Freya, you are your mother's daughter." 

Freya said "Thank you, Uncle." 

Bjorn said "Did you speak to her, how did it go" and Freya said "How do you think?". 

As they walked in, the people of Kattegat said "Ragnar! He's home! Ragnar! Ragnar!" and Ragnar said "We are so glad to see you all. We've been to hell and back. Now it's time to celebrate." 

Everyone saw Lagertha and said "Lagertha! She's back! We've missed you! Lagertha! We've missed you so much! How was it?". 

Later 

Freya watched as Bjorn gave a sacrifice to the Gods and Henry walked up and said "Hey" and Freya said "Hi, I thought you didn't enjoy watching sacrifices." 

Henry said "It's not" and Freya gave him a look and Henry said "Okay, I thought maybe you wanted to talk." 

Freya said "Bjorn talked to you" and Henry said "No,okay, he did, but I was going to talk to you beforehand, everything okay?". 

Freya said "We won the battle,we drove that treacherous leech out, I'm happy about that, and that I was able to get out some anger during that battle." 

Henry said "About?" and Freya said "She just wants to move over it, like it never happened, like she never left." 

Henry grabbed her hand and Freya looked back. 

The sacrifice ended. 

Freya said "Follow me" and Henry said "What about the celebrations" and Freya said "We'll have our own celebration." 

Henry smiled and they walked out. 

With the Seer 

Ragnar  was where the Seer was and said "I love two women. Both of them have given me children." 

The Seer said "And you suppose you must choose between them?" and Ragnar said "No. I don't want to choose. I would like to have both of them." 

The Seer chuckles and said "I see. You know, of course, the story of the marriage Between Njord and Skadi? Skadi was a giantess. Her father was killed. She strode to Askard to get justice And the gods asked her if she wanted gold For the death of her father. "I'll settle for a husband," she said, "and a bellyful of laughter."" 

Ragnar said "This is going to be a long story." 

The Seer said " If you are hundreds of years old, Then it's a very quick story. The gods conferred and agreed That Skadi could choose a husband from among them, But they made one condition: That she chose him by his feet." 

Ragnar said "His feet?" and the Seer said "Yes. And Skadi lost no time in choosing The most shapely pair of feet, Believing they would naturally belong to Balder, The most handsome of the gods." 

Ragnar said "But they didn't?" and the Seer said " No. They belonged to the God Njord, The lord of seafarers and sea harvests. His skin was old and weathered." 

Ragnar said "What are you talking about? I don't want to make a choice between them, But if I did, Are you saying that I should decide Based on the appearance of their feet?". 

The Seer said " Neither their feet nor their faces. You should examine their hearts, their livers, And every other organ. In any case, it makes no difference. You are only fooling yourself, Ragnar Lothbrok, If you think the choice is yours to make. Just as when the time comes, soon, your daughter will marry, and who she marries is already written." 

Ragnar said "Does she already know who this man is" and the Seer said "Oh, she does very well, ad so do you." 

Later 

Freya and Henry were kissing and Henry smiled and she smiled back and Ubbe ran up and said "Freya, Henry, your missing the game." 

Freya said "What game?". 

Ubbe said "What were you doing?" and Henry said "Oh, um we were um" and Freya said "Playing our game, yeah" and Ubbe grabbd their hands and said "Then come on." 

Ubbe lead them up to where they were playing and Bjorn said "Thank you, Ubbe." 

Freya said "Your unbelivable, and you you did yo come after me" and she picked up Ubbe and tickled him. 

 Ragnar said "It is good to see them playing together.  They are all my children." 

Bjorn said "What are you boys doing" and Freya put Ubbe down and Ubbe ran up to him. 

Aslaug said "I am going to bear you another son." 

Freya said "Ready? And run" and Ragnar said "I know" and Aslaug said "But I am fearful of the prophecy. What are you going to do about Lagertha?". 

Ragnar said "What do you mean what am I going to do?" and Freya said "Let's see can you get away from me, now you can't." 

Hvitserk said "I caught Henry. 

Ragnar said "It is her decision. I've never had a choice whether she comes or goes. I will not tell her to go away, If she does not want to." 

Aslaug said "Then, if you like, I shall go away!" and Ragnar said "Oh, stop!" and Aslaug said "No doubt you prefer her because she is a Shield-Maiden. A warrior. In that way, she is more like you." 

Ragnar said "I don't want either of you to leave. I want you both to stay." 

Aslaug said "I want to believe you love me." 

Ragnar said "Then believe me! Hmm?". 

In the Earl's Hall 

Freya stood next to Henry and Throvard walked up and said "My lord Ragnar." 

Ragnar said "I hope you bring better news than the last." 

Thorvard said "My lord, after you left, The Saxons treacherously attacked King Horik's camp at Wessex. There was a terrible slaughter. A great many warriors perished. The king and his son only just escaped with their lives. " 

Henry looked up and Ragnar said "What about Athelstan? What happened to Athelstan?" 

Thorvard said "My lord, I don't know of whom you speak." 

Ragnar said "Why has it taken so long for me to hear this news? " and Throvard said "My lord, bad news travels a great deal slower Than good news." 

Henry said "Wait, wait, Athelstan could be fine, he's a Christian, they're not going to hurt one of their own." 

Freya grabbed his arm. 

Henry said "He'll be fine." 

Lagertha walked up and Ragnar said " We shall speak later. Thank you. What is wrong?" and Lagertha said "I have something important to say." 

Ragnar said "Should it be said in private?" and Lagertha said "No. I want to say it before everyone." 

Lagertha said "I have come to a decision. More than anything in the world, Bjorn wants to stay here with his father. And who can blame him? If you had a father like Ragnar Lothbrok, Would you not want to stay? I happily give my permission to my beloved and only son To remain here with his father, his sister, and his half brothers. As for me... I must go back to my husband. I have a duty; I am a responsible person." 

Freya scoffed and Lagertha said "But I leave my son in your good hands. As I left my daughter in your good hands, Look after them, Ragnar, they're all I have left."

Lagertha walked away. 

Aslaug walked up to Lagertha and said " Lagertha. Thank you. There are no possible words to describe What you have done for us. I will always be in your debt." 

Lagertha said "The debt is already paid. The future is open. Trust in the gods. Live for each moment." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.2K 46
"ѕнe waѕ тнe ғιre тнaт ĸepт тнe world вυrnιng." She was a girl, outcast by her home in England and imprisoned for her crimes. That is until Earl Ings...
206K 5K 32
Querencia (n.) a place where one feels safe, a place from which one's strength of character is drawn. When Ragnar finally returned, after ten years...
3.2K 33 16
(*COMPLETED*)This is a remake of my fan fiction of the television show 'Vikings'. It mainly focuses on Runå - The Daughter of Floki and Helga. Runå g...
248K 6K 37
When Torhild returns home after a two year long training as shieldmaiden she finds out that everything is changed. Not only is her mother queen of Ka...