HERSHE - WINRINA

By Winter201117

What would happen if a good-looking lesbian had swept off a homophobic's feet? An old friend that Winter care... More

NOTE
NEWCOMER
Anniversary
Hickey
Closer
Lipstick
Plan
Drunk
Visitor
Past
Chat
Breakfast
Serendipity
Back
Couple
Girlfriend
War
Quiz
Honey
Moments
Stroll
Dude
Confession
Truth
Closure
Free
Hangover
Interns
Fast
Nuisance
Date
Horror
Fireworks
Conquered
Admire
Surprise
Setup
Chance
Special
Lunch
Cannot
Offline
Hospital
Late
Friends
Tears
Game
sleepover
Couch
Deal
Family
[M]Special Chapter woo-hoo

Missed

1.8K 99 26
By Winter201117

"Were you the one who just called Winter?"

Although the question was intended for Karina to answer, Winter knew that she needs to say something too. Somi had the notion that the one calling her earlier was her girlfriend.

Winter shifted her eyes to Karina who's as speechless as her. She doesn't know if she hallucinating or not, but Karina's eyes were focused on her and Somi's linked arms.

"Yes," said Karina, before Winter could even speak up.

Winter felt Somi's grip on her arm tightened. The three of them, including Mark, are now staring at Karina. It might not be that obvious but Winter was the most surprised of them all. Answering Somi's question like that could make the blonde think that they are really an item.

"Yes, Somi, I was the one who called her." karina confirmed further.

Somi look confused. "So you're the one Winter is supposed to go out with today?"

Winter swallowed something in her throat. Yunjin said that if Karina will pretend to be her girlfriend again, it only means that she likes her.

"Yes,"came Karina's response.

Somi looked back and forth to Winter and Karina, slowly removing her arm from Winter.

"We're supposed to talk about our new project," said Karina in her authoritative tone. "It's not like what you're thinking, Somi. It's a business meeting, not a date."

"Oh, I'm sorry," said Somi, bowing her head.

Winter was a bit disappointed but felt relieved as well because they could get rid of the intern now.

"But if it's about a task can I still tag along so I could learn more, Ms. Karina?" Somi who seemed to have found another way to include herself in, asked them.

Winter brought a hand to her nape. Damnit! This blonde doesn't really know when to give up.

Karina walked towards them. "Sure. But on one condition... we should bring along Mark too."

"Me?" asked Mark, taking out both his hands from his pockets.

"Yes," Karina answered, still in her bossy aura. "You're an intern too, right?

You'll get something out of this so you should tag along."

"Oh, okay."

Winter frowned and puff her cheeks.

Great. My date has been totally ruined.

---

Winter is disappointed. She's been missing Karina so much that she mustered all the courage to finally ask the girl out. It is also her way of gauging if something is wrong with the two of them, or if something has really changed.

Although she has no plans of confessing, Winter was hoping that the night would end like how their nights ended in Gampo: full of laughter, teasing, and just pure sweetness. However, all of those expectations are far from what's currently happening. Instead of waiting alone in her car for Karina, they are now walking together in the parking area along with two chaperones.

She felt heartsick when she saw Somi walking ahead of them, obviously aiming for the front seat.

Winter was punching her own thigh due to frustration.

Oh, please, what could be worse? Having two chaperones with us while my supposed-to-be-date will be sitting at the back? Damn,I so hate this day!

Just as she thought, when she unlocked the car with her remote, Somi grabbed the knob to the front seat.

"Back seat," said Karina, approaching the car. "You better sit beside Mark."

Winter tried to repress a smile while gawking at the two ladies. Somi didn't object and went to the backseat immediately.

Sometimes her bossy aura has its perks, hmm.

"So, where to?" asked Karina after she shut the door on her side.

"Uhm, craving for anything at the moment?" asked Winter.

"Not really. Can we just eat somewhere near so we could go home right after?" said Karina, busy buckling her seatbelt.

"Oh, yeah, sure." Winter pushed down the handbrake after starting the engine.

Great, this is just great. Ugh!

--

They had their meal in a Japanese restaurant. Like what Karina said, the meal was full of discussion and brainstorming about the next campaign they will be working on. Winter didn't enjoy much of it because she felt like they are still working instead of enjoying the Friday night. She was totally not in the best mood towards the end of their meal. She knew that after this dinner they are all going home. All her efforts ended in futile.

"Winter, are you alright?"

Winter blinked, barely heard what Somi asked her.

"Yeah, are you okay? You seem to be quiet," asked Karina, placing a hand on Winter's leg.

Winter's attention shifted to what Karina did. She looked at Mark and Somi, who were sitting in front, to check if there is a way they could see what's happening under the table.

Isn't it funny how a simple gesture like that from Karina could wake up all the nerves in her body? Winter secretly hoped that Karina won't move it away soon.

"I was just thinking of what to do after we go home," said Winter sadly.

Karina rubbed her thumb against Winter's thigh this time. "Why? You don't want to go home yet?"

Winter's heart flutters with what Karina is doing. "I guess I just want more out of this night. I'm gonna be all alone in my apartment if we go home now."

Karina turned to the new interns, still not removing her hand. "I think we could go somewhere else after we drive home these two first."

Winter saw a gleam of hope with what Karina said. Could it be that they were thinking the same thing?

But just as before Winter got too excited Somi spoke up, "We could still give you company. The more the merrier, right? Besides, it's Friday, let's go hang out somewhere else."

Not wanting to drag the chaperones with them, Winter protested. "Nah, you intern kids should go home now."

"kids?" Somi cocked her head aside. "For your information, I'm turning twenty-three in three months. And you're like what, a year or two older than me? Mark here is twenty-four. We're graduating college after this internship.
I don't see any reason why you two should consider us as minors."

Winter and Karina looked at each other, sighing. Karina rubbed her palm on Winter's leg signaling that she'll handle this. "Where do you guys want to go then?"

"Karaoke!" Somi enthusiastically answered, raising her clenched fist in the air.

"She's a frustrated singer, guys. You'd have to bare with her," Mark warned, earning himself a playful punch from Somi.

"What do you think?" asked Karina, turning to Winter.

Winter let out another loud sigh and stared at the two "kids". Mark had a whatever-you-want-to-decide look while Somi had those pleading eyes.

Winter finally gave up and raised her hand to assent. "Fine. I guess it's better than going home early."

--

They got a private room in a KTV restaurant and had a few shots. To their surprise, the interns were hard drinkers. Mark was a bit cautious though with his intake because he wants to look after Somi. The latter doesn't care how much she had already, ending up standing in front of the TV singing the entire period.

Winter feels relaxed this time, feeling much better of Karina's sudden mood change. From the bossy aura she had when they were in the restaurant, she's now turned into a sweet Karina.

Winter somehow felt that Karina is warding her from Somi. Karina immediately sat beside her when they got into the room, even before Somi had done her move. Karina also shared food with her just like how they did in Gampo.

Although they were less sweet this time, it just gives her the feeling of going back to that memorable trip.

After few shots they had, which Karina had forbidden Winter to have anyway, Somi and Mark started singing nonstop.

"Do you want to sing?" Winter asked Karina while they were slouching lazily on the couch, watching the interns singing duet infront of the TV.

Karina shook her head while reaching for the crackers. "Not in the mood to. You?"

"Nah, let them have the stage for themselves."

Somi and Mark were like kids playing in front, pinching each other while singing. They were laughing like crazy drunken teenagers. Somi turned to them quickly, signaling them to join. They both declined by shaking their heads.

"That girl is totally in to you," said Karina, munching the crackers on her hand.

"That's not something I'm proud of..." Winter sighed.

Karina chuckled. "Not your type?"

"Hell no. Especially after what happened yesterday."

"Why? What happened yesterday?"

"Oh, well, uhm.. let's just say that she..."

"She...?"

Winter let out another sigh before admitting it. "She tried to kiss me in my car..."

"What? Seriously?" Karina quick glanced at Somi, imagining how a girl with such demuré image could be so aggressive. "Then what did you do?"

"I politely pushed her away." Winter gestured 'pushing' with her hands. "Good thing Yunjin called so I was able to make good excuse to drive her home early. Yunjin kind of saved my day."

"I was planning to call you too, you know."

"You knew I was with Somi yesterday?"

"Mmm-mmm. It was weird to see Mark going home alone so I asked him.

Then I drag - - I mean... we went to a coffee shop to talk. That's when he told me about his real feelings for Somi," said Karina.

Winter knew all about Mark's unrequited love for Somi since the first day the intern started. "Must have been hard for him yesterday."

"Yeah, he was in bad mood."

Winter cleared her throat and adjusted her position on the couch. "You were planning to call me yesterday because you found out that I was with Somi?"

Karina nodded quickly. "I wanted to make sure you won't take advantage of Somi."

"Huh? Take advantage of her? Oh, come on, Rin, you know me better than that."

"Oh, do I? If I remember it right, you were flirting with the tattooed girl in Gampo even though you're pretending to be with me, right?"

"Hey, if I recall it correctly, the girl was indeed flirting with me but I did NOT flirt back. It was one-sided. You were just overreacting because you're jealous," said Winter, smirking.

"Jealous your face! That was just part of the acting, remember? I had to play the role. I had to be in character." Karina scoffed.

"Whoo.. whatever.. ow!" Winter was about to tease further when Karina pinched her arm. "Still feisty, aren't we? Ouch!"

"Yah, stop that already..."

"Hey, what's with the smug face, princess?" Winter poked Karina's cheek this time. "You know, credits to the creator above, I have to admit that a pout face suit you really well."

karina glared at Winter but the latter knew it was meant just to scare her.

Eventually, Karina gave in and smile sweetly. Winter had totally felt at ease after seeing that smile, it's like nothing has really changed at all between them.

"Seriously tho, why do you want to call me yesterday?" asked Winter, supporting her head with arm against the backrest.

"I don't know..."

"Come on, tell me... There must be a reason behind it.."

Karina scrunched up her face. "You'll just laugh at me."

Feeling the burning curiosity firing up more, Winter made sure she'll sound sincere. "No, I won't, I promise."

Karina turned to Winter skeptically, raising an eyebrow.

"I promise I won't laugh." Winter put a finger on her chest and made an 'X' sign.

To Winter's surprise, Karina bought the cross-my-heart thing. "I'm not sure how to say this but.." Karina paused, turning her face away from Winter's direction.

"Maybe I just don't like the idea of you hanging out with her."

Winter tried to repress her smile. "Uhm, are you implying that you don't like the idea of Somi hanging out with me because I'm not safe to be with?"

"That's not what I meant, stupid."

"Then what?"

"I mean.. shouldn't you be hanging out with your boss instead of her?"

"Ahhh," Winter gasped, chuckling. Just as when she thought that this night isn't getting any better, she felt like screaming already because she's overjoyed with this confession.

"Hey, don't laugh at me. It's not like what you're thinking, okay?" said Karina, turning her back to Winter.

"I'm not laughing." Winter couldn't help but let out a soft laugh, amused by Karina's shyness.

"Yah! You just laughed, didn't you?" said Karina, covering her face with her palms.

"I'm sorry, you're just too cute when you're jealous. Why are you facing there? Come on, look at me."

"Don't touch me." Karina yanked Winter's hand. "And I'm not jealous!"

"Oh, really? The boss ain't jealous, eh?" Winter leaned closer to Karina's ear and whispered,

"Hey, I missed you..."

Karina didn't say anything but Winter felt her shoulders moved.

"Hey, come on, say something. Don't you believe me?" asked Winter, squeezing Karina's shoulders.

Karin went back to slouching on the couch, arms folded across her chest.

"You missed me?"

"Yeah. it just feels like we haven't talked in ages," said Winter, shifting her position to slouch beside Karina, their arms touching. "I missed talking to you like this. How about you?"

Karina's eyes were staring blankly at the two people in front of them, still singing like there's no tomorrow. Then she leaned her head against Winter's arm. "I guess I missed you too."

Winter pursed her lips to hold off her smile. "Uhm, so what did you miss about me?"

"This. I miss being close to you like this," said Karina, tucking her arm under Winter's.

Karina's arm was held out beside Winter's arm, their fingertips touching. After the obvious contact, Winter thought that Karina would move her hand away, but she didn't. Her hand just remained still like it's just waiting for Winter to grab it.

After getting such signals, Winter let her feelings take over her actions. She lightly brushed her thumb on Karina's thumb hoping that the latter won't tug it away. To her surprise, Karina returned the favor by rubbing her fingers against Winter.

Both of them are now busy looking down at their hands playing with each other. After getting tired of the small game, Winter decided to plunge her fingers into the gaps between Karina's hand, which the latter didn't protest to, instead held her hand back tightly.

Winter's breath hitched with the audible smile she made.

"Why are you smiling again?" Karina looked up a bit, still leaning on Winter's arm.

"It's just that all this time I thought you were avoiding me."

"And all this time I thought you don't miss me," Karina buried her face back on Winter's arm.

"Where did you get that? I even asked you out tonight, right?"

"I know. It's just that sometimes I'm afraid of the thought that you don't want me around you anymore," confessed Karina, rubbing her free hand on Winter's forearms.

"Hey, that's never gonna happen. You've helped me a lot, remember?" said Winter. "We've been through something and I think a bond like that won't be easy to break." She looked up at the two interns in front.
"I actually wanted to be alone with you tonight, just to catch things up. But I guess we're stuck with these chaperones."

Karina smiled at that. "You don't want them around?"

"It's not like that. It's just that I don't get the chance to go out with you like this every day. The only chance I got was today but it just flew away like that," Winter said with a sigh.

"You can just ask me out anytime."

"I'm afraid you'd say no."

"Why would I say no?"

"I don't know. I guess I still can't read what's in that mind of yours."

Winter lightly poked Karina's head.

"Well, you handled me pretty well in Gampo, right? I don't see any reason for the hesitation."

"Does that mean that you'd like to go out with me alone in some other day?"

"Tomorrow would be great."

Winter smiled. "No chaperones?"

"Definitely, no chaperones, just the two of us, like in Gampo."

Winter brought Karina's hand between her two hands. "That sounds great."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.6K 1.2K 20
Winter just transferred to a new school, Karina and winter became best friends soon. Winter went through a lot of hard times, she manage to overcome...
72.9K 3.8K 16
[๐˜—๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฃ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฌ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ป๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ & ๐˜‰&๐˜•] Karina Yu is one of the most popular actresses in South Korea, and her new bodyguard who was her high...
8.8K 571 17
โœง { WINRINA AU } โ™ค { ONGOING } โœง karina yu hasn't been feeling it with her boyfriend haechan for a few months now, and to make it up to her, they go...
333K 10K 62
Winter never knew that a straight girl like her will be able to turn gay and fell inlove with the same gender. But the thing is, she fell inlove with...