Late

The house is dark. No one can even tell that there is a person lying on the couch, not moving, lifeless it may seem, because she hasn't flinched a bit since she plopped herself down there.

The entire place is quite and the only thing she can hear is her own breathing.

I will make her forget you.

Karina closed her eyes tightly and rubbed the creases on her brow.

The conversation with Yunjin was cut short after Ning and Giselle arrived. She couldn't find an opportunity to talk to Winter after that until they went home.

I should be happy, right? I should be happy knowing that someone will be with her if I can't stand up for her. But why am I feeling so distressed now? uuugghh..

It would've been easier if it's one sided, if she's the only one having these weird feelings. But this case is different now. Yunjin just told her what she has doubted all along: Winter is serious about her.

But what would she do now? She doesn't want to hurt Winter but she can't make a decision yet. She knows she can't pick Winter but at the same time she doesn't want to let her go either. Selfish it may seem, but it is the exact reason for her confusion now.

What's hurting her more is the fact that Winter obviously feels comfortable around Yunjin. Karina knows that if she won't make a move anytime soon, Yunjin will surely be able to replace her.

---

Karina is walking towards the lift when she spotted two familiar figures already waiting there. She smiled at the sight right away, knowing that the back she's looking at belongs to Winter. However, her smile faded as guilt strikes her again when she saw the crutch on Winter's right hand.

Ning noticed her. "Well, hello there, beautiful."

"Oh, hello there, handsome," she greeted Ning back with her sweet smile.

"Getting lost this early, huh?"

"Best friend duties." Ning pointed at Winter. "Can't drive."

"Well, that's so sweet of you." Karina turned to Winter this time and playfully nudged her to see if she'll be ignored or not. "Hey, good morning..."

Winter turned for a quick glance, force a smile and said, "Morning..." She went back immediately to look at the floor signal.

Karina took it on her mental notepad. Winter didn't completely ignore her but something's still off.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Karina asked Ning instead.

"She went ahead of us. I had to pick this brat here first," said Ning, lightly punching Winter's arm, which the latter responded with a harder nudge." Ning laughed at it. "Well, since Karina's here, I better go ahead. Could you assist her for me, Rin?"

Karina unconsciously placed a hand on her chest, emotionally unprepared of being alone with Winter, "Y-yeah, sure."

"Don't sweat it. I can handle myself," said Winter apathetically. She turned to Ning this time to give an arm punch. "And don't think of me as a weakling!" Ning stepped backward to keep distance from the attacker who's seriously throwing her punches. " better go now, Rin before someone here bruises me."

Karina chuckled. "Okay, you take care."

Ning politely bowed at Karina first before she raised her thumbs to Winter.

"Dude, I'll pick you up later, okay?"

"Yah, go already, will you," Winter snorted, pretending to be annoyed. She looked back at the floor signal as she taps the crutch on the floor.