His Mafia Queen

TamaraLush által

He'll protect her with his life... but who will protect her from him? ˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ Riley Murphy is an ambitious... Több

A Well Read Man
Little and Fierce
Don't Call Me Baby
Evil
A Fresh Hell
Anything He Wants
A Twist
A Forbidden Kiss
Depraved and Desperate
Indecent
Dirty Mind
Torture
Deadly Questions
A Bad Girl
A Reluctant Transformation
His Possession
Every Delicious Thing
Don't Look Back
Greedy Little Girl
Teasing
A Spanking
Harder, Faster
Sweet as Sugar
Going Home
Shiny Sexy Things
No Answers
An Aphrodesiac
Only You
Lost
A Spark in the Forest
Mysteries of the Past
Blood Red
Prisoner of the Past
Dangerous Secrets
A Matter of Trust
Haunted
Confession
In Bed With the Devil
Red Flags
Power Play
His True Self
The End of the Beginning
Possession
Secrets and Lies
Falling
Always a Gangster
Moth and Flame
Ravenous
A Muse From the Past
Breaking Apart
Rage
Taken By Force
Altered State
The Truth
Possession
Toys
Drinks With Friends
Danger
All Wrong
A Gift
An Inconvenient Truth
This is the Life
Walking Away
My Love
Blood of a Different Kind
Pain
Dreams and Doubts
Teasing Without Touching
An Unexpected Visitor
Friends Without Benefits
Call Me
Not a Prisoner
Devilishly Flirtatious
The Circle of Lust and Love
Protected
Dry and Sparkling
Screams in the Night
Trauma
Unprepared
A City That Never Sleeps
Uncertainty
Waves of Pleasure
Unwelcome News
Admitting the Truth
An Ending
Moving On
The Villain
Strike Out
Desire That Won't Fade
Unwanted Changes
Shame and Guilt
Again the Magic
Time to Grovel
Need and Love
Lost Without You
The Question
The Answer
Saying Yes
The Girl Who Makes Him Beg
Dirty
Domestic Bliss, Part I
Domestic Bliss, Part II
Father and Son
A Dinner From Hell
The Truth About Gabriel
Revealing Details
Blood Red Roses
His Protective Instincts
The First Step
The Missing Link
An Unexplained Disappearance
A Spanking in the Air
Meet the Parents
A Shocking Revelation
Luck of the Irish
The Last Supper
Love Bullets
Drowning
Goodbye, For Real
A Fresh Start
Twin Flame
Epilogue

A Deal With the Devil

1.8K 118 14
TamaraLush által

GABRIEL

Her hand falls from my face, and I brace myself for her next words, each syllable heavy with an unspoken weight.

"Have you..."

My gaze lingers on hers, holding my breath for what comes next, the air thick with anticipation.

"Have I what?"

"Have you killed someone since... you know what? Never mind. I don't need to know. That's your business." She shakes her head, distancing herself, unraveling her hair from its tight bun.

"Babe, I..." My hands find their way to her knees, words catching in my throat. "This is hard. I've never opened up like this to anyone."

"We don't have to." Her sigh is a gust of resolve, and she moves toward the balcony, the wind teasing her golden locks. She wears a simple, flowing dress, ethereal in pale blue. My heart aches at her beauty, the fear of losing her gnawing at me.

But honesty is my debt to her, especially if we're to walk this path together.

I join her by the railing.

"I'll answer anything."

She turns, securing her hair with a tie she always keeps handy, a cascade of blonde falling into a ponytail.

"I'm not sure I want to know."

I nod, understanding the weight of the unspoken.

"I get that."

Facing the city's skyline, she breaks the silence.

"What was it like, to take a life?"

"Riley, it's... complex. It's not a thrill or a joy. It's a darkness that lingers," I confess, heavy with the morning's burdens. "It's part of the world I've lived in."

"Your world. Not mine," she retorts sharply.

"I promised, I'll try to steer clear of such... dark paths."

She nods, turning back to meet my eyes. "I don't ever want to hear about it. Don't bring it to me, don't let anyone, not even your father, mention it. I don't want to know."

"And you shouldn't."

"Gabriel, I'm here with you. Only you. You're my beacon, the light in my life. Cheesy, I know, but it's true." She draws closer, hands circling my waist. "I don't want these thoughts, and I wish your father hadn't opened this door."

I envelop her, pressing a kiss to her hair, my heart racing from this dialogue. Curse my father for sowing these seeds. "Do you think less of me?"

She pulls away, locking eyes with me. "No."

The tension between us eases. I can feel the muscles in my shoulders relax.

"Gabriel..." Her voice holds a tinge of reluctance, her eyes seeking reassurance in mine.

I dip my head to kiss her. She tastes like coffee and smiles against my mouth.

"I need to get to work soon," she whispers.

"I know. I just wanted one more taste of you." I trace the line of her jaw.

A faint smile graces her lips. "I'll see you later. Just... be careful."

"I will. I also need to put on a shirt." Our fingers intertwine and she grins. "Thank you, Riley. For being so good, for understanding."

Her gaze softens. "You're worth it, Gabriel."

As I drive home, I replay our conversation in my mind. There's only one conclusion, something that comes to me over and over.

I don't deserve her.

When I step inside my home, I hear my father's voice in the kitchen.

"If you'd like, I can teach you how to make cannoli," Dad says.

"I'm not so sure about that, Mr. Greco. If you'll excuse me, I have some vacuuming to do." That's the voice of my housekeeper.

Oh, Christ. I know exactly what he's doing. I stride into the kitchen.

"Dad. Hey."

My father's leaning against the kitchen island, eyeing the young housekeeper like he's a cat salivating over a mouse. The housekeeper scurries out.

"See you later," he calls out.

"Dad. Please don't try to fuck the staff. I've finally gotten a team that I like and respect, and I'd like to keep them around for a while."

I pull open the fridge and grab a sports drink. What I need is a good, long workout.

"Oh, hell, son. I was just having a little fun." He takes a sip of his coffee. "Listen, I heard from a guy I know. I set up a meeting for you today."

"What?" I scowl at him. "I have things to do."

"Andre said your afternoon is clear."

Fucking Andre. He must be terrified of my father. Otherwise, why would he tell my father my schedule? I'll have a talk with him later. "What's the meeting about? Who's it with?"

"A friend is in town. Antonio Martinez. He wanted to meet with me, but I couldn't, for obvious reasons."

I stare at my father. He's got my interest now that I know who's involved. "How much are we talking?"

"Millions. Hundreds of millions."

I take a sip of the sports drink. This might be worth my time. "Do I have time to work out and shower?"

Dad chuckles. "Of course. And you're welcome. I knew this would pique your interest."

Over the next couple of hours, I work out, shower, and dress carefully in my most expensive suit and tie. As I climb into the back of my chauffeured Mercedes, there's a large part of me that feels terrible about what I'm about to do. Who I'm about to meet.

I'd promised Riley I would try to go legit. But hundreds of millions of dollars is too tempting to pass up. What I could do with that money... travel, real estate deals, charity...

Riley doesn't need to know that I'll do one final deal. And Martinez is just the man to do it with.

Never mind that if Martinez is involved, that can only mean one thing.

Cocaine.

# # #

My driver drops me off at Martinez's chosen meeting place: the city's nicest restaurant. I make my way to the bar, and as I walk, I scan the room for Martinez. Finally, I see him in a corner booth.

He's as imposing as ever, with his dark hair slicked back from his face and a tailored three-piece suit. He's Dad's age, someone Dad's known for decades. He's been an off and on presence in my life since I was little, although mostly off.

Because Martinez went to prison in his native Spain for drug trafficking. It's a surprise to even see him here in the United States, to be honest.

He looks up and catches my eye, smiling slightly. He waves me over, and we shake hands.

"Let's take this somewhere more private." He snaps his fingers and a waiter materializes. Within seconds, we're whisked to a private room, all red wallpaper and dark wood.

I take a seat across from him and a waiter hustles in to pour glasses of wine. Spanish, of course.

"It's been too long," he says. We clink glasses.

Martinez explains that he's recently procured several large quantities of cocaine from South America and needs someone to help distribute it throughout Florida quickly and quietly. He offers me an upfront fee of five million dollars if I agree to take on this venture.

"You get right to the point, Don Antonio." I swirl my wine in the glass.

"I'm not a man to mince words. But before I forget — my memory's shit these days — how's your father?"

We chat amiably about Dad. Of course, I don't tell him the truth. "He's adjusting well, I think. Already got a girlfriend."

Antonio chuckles. "Your father's a survivor. Just like me."

"They don't make 'em like you two anymore." It pays to stroke the egos of old men, I've discovered.

I sip my wine slowly while he tells me more about his proposition.

"Here," he says, opening a briefcase.

He extracts a block of coke. With a steak knife from the table, he slices the package open and offers me the knife.

I swipe my finger through the powder on the blade, then rub it into my gums. M y entire mouth goes numb.

"Wow." I'm genuinely impressed. "That's good shit."

"Yes, it is."

It certainly would be a lucrative deal if everything went according to plan, but there were also risks involved—not least of which was the chance of being caught by cops, who had recently cracked down on drug trafficking in Florida due to increased public attention about it.

On the other hand, there were very few people who had access to such large quantities of cocaine or knew how to move them without detection so successfully.

"So, have we got a deal?" Antonio says, smirking.

"I want five million up front, and five when the job's finished."

Antonio raises an eyebrow.

"I can guarantee speed and discretion." This is going to require getting Alessandro Bianchi in Miami involved, which means I need to cut him in, too.

"Fuck, you're just like your father. Four and four."

I shake my head. "Four point five million now, four point five when it's finished."

After a second, Antonio grimaces. "Deal."

We shake on it. As we finish our wine, my mind swirls with scenarios about how this could play out—all sorts of pros and cons weighed against each other.

The vision of Riley hovers in the back of my mind, her blonde hair swaying as she shakes her head no in warning.

But this could be my swan song. It's an opportunity that rarely presents itself.

Riley might be disappointed in me for taking such a risk...but if it pays off properly, then it will be worth it.

For both me and Riley.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

316K 7.6K 29
"You have no idea what you do to me." He snarls as his skilled hands keep her arms pinned over her head "Really? Because I'm pretty sure all I do is...
931 36 25
A Dark Romance One man, driven by an unwavering devotion, will stop at nothing to protect her. His selfless acts mask a storm of emotions, but just...
44.8K 4.9K 69
✭ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫-𝐑𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ✭ Once thought to be of the untouchable elite of the underworld the Warner-Riley family...
591K 18.5K 86
When there's an attempt on Gia TerraNova and her family's lives she's forced into sheltering at the big boss of the Italian mobs home. She'll have to...