Innocent

By winniewritess

Nia never got into any trouble, she never hung around the wrong crowd. All she did was focus on school and he... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
Epilogue.

25

13.9K 518 121
By winniewritess

The day before the wedding.

"How do you feel?" Maya questioned, sitting across from her best friend who was getting a facial.

Nia sighed softly, the big question everyone was asking her. How did she feel? Was she ready? Did she really want this?

The answer to everything was always yes. She hadn't wanted anything other than this since the day Caine proposed to her. And it was so close to becoming her reality.

"I feel happy, anxious." Nia smiled softly, thinking about everything that would happen the next day. Would she fall? Would something mess up? Would it be perfect? She didn't know the specifics. But she knew that as long as she married her man everything would be okay.

"I was asking about the facial."

Nia laughed at Maya's words, waving her hand at the girl since she knew damn well she wasn't asking about the facial. Maya laughed right along with her, happy that her questioning didn't faze Nia, it only made her happier.

"I want to call him. I hate that he's handling all the rest I want to know."

Nia was being left out of the final days of the wedding planning. Caine and Jay were handing all the left over things for her since they wanted her to have no stress nor worries, just pure bliss.

Nia didn't hire anyone to help with the wedding, she did it all with her man and the help of her lovely friends that were more like family to her.

"I know but I'm sure he'll be calling soon to fill you in. It'll all be perfect. You trust him right?"

Nia nodded, closing her eyes back again. She did trust Caine, and everyone around her trusted him to insure this wedding went right.

"Bro why the fuck the venue talking about the place not ready for the wedding?"

"What the fuck they mean?!" Jay responded to Caine, sitting up as he looked over to the other man in the drivers seat who had his phone to his ear, talking to his wedding venue.

"You know what I'm not doing this phone shit, I'm on my way." Caine hung up on the people at the venue, pressing the gas so he could go through the red light and make his way to where their wedding was supposed to be hosted tomorrow.

Caine and Jay were simply on the way to get their suits for tomorrow when he got a call in from the venue. And of course the shit that wasn't supposed to be happening was fucking happening.

"What we Rey do?" Jay questioned, he could already see how hostile Caine was. Caine did not like when things Nia wanted were fucked up and this was all she wanted, all he wanted. This place was the place he picked, he knew that it was for them, for their love. They couldn't just not have the wedding there and they were not fucking delaying it.

"You strapped?"

"Hell yea I'm licensed you know that."

Jay was studying to become a lawyer and with doing lawyer shit you had people who might want to come after you. He definitely wasn't going to be caught lacking by nobody but he also wasn't Rey lose his career over being caught with a gun. So he got licensed as soon as possible, it was hard seeing as he had a felony charge but he had some people work around that shit.

"Well I got mine and you got yours. My wedding happening there tomorrow whether they like it or not."

Jay smirked, already knowing Caine crazy ass was ready to handle business. He knew they wouldn't be going through with this wedding without him having to take extra steps that Nia wouldn't take.

Once Caine and Jay arrived at the venue, the two went inside and up to the front desk.

"Let me talk to the person who handle y'all bookings and getting it ready."

"Are you Caine?" The front desk women questioned, seeing a name at the top of her list to look out for coming in.

"I am."

"I'm sorry sir but there's no-"

"Did I ask you any of that shit? Get me the people I asked for yo. Or imma go back there my fucking self yo."

The women cleared her throat before standing up and heading to the back behind her desk. A few moments later a women came out in a long tight dress with curls down her back. She had on heavy red lipstick but that was all. Other than that she was beautiful.

"How may I help you men?"

"Let me see your venue that was supposed to be booked for tomorrow."

The women moved forward to the front desks counter, dragging her finger over the list, seeing Caine and Nia's names along with Caine's in bold up top.

She sighed shaking her head as she picked up the keys from the counter and made her way behind the desk to the venue, Jay and Caine following close behind the women.  

"My name is melody by the way. Nice to meet you guys." Melody opened the venue door, allowing them to come into a clean space. Unlike what the women said on the phone.

"I don't like to mess with Margret. She's an older white lady and to be honest she didn't want to put you guys on the books. I won't let her ruin you guys wedding though that would be selfish of me."

"Yea it would." Caine said immediately, looking around the place and making sure it was everything Nia would want.

"When y'all going to have people coming in to set up. I want to come back in a couple hours and I expect for this to all be done."

Caine was clearly being harsh on the women, he wasn't worried about shit she was saying he just wanted his wedding to be pulled together right fucking now before his soon to be wife started to worry.

"Sorry about him.." Jay mumbled, shaking his head. He could see the offense on the women's face but she immediately took a deep breath and calmed down. Melody knew that this man's wedding was important to him. She admired how involved he was in his wedding, it was rare she saw that from future husbands and that was already a minus for the marriage.

"It's fine I totally understand." Melody smiled at Jay, who smiled back at her a little. Something he rarely did for just anybody but he felt like she was cool and no reason to be fake unfriendly.

"I see y'all was ready to handle business." Melody nudged her head to where she could see Jay's gun off the side of his hip.

"If need be." He shrugged. "My best friend wedding was going to happen regardless."

Melody nodded in understanding, just thinking the best friend was Caine.

"Yo lady you not answering me." Caine said, turning back to face Melody. He didn't feel the need to be nice to her. Only people he was nice to was his girl. And he also tolerated Maya out of respect and love because he knew they were good for Nia.

"I'm sorry. But yes you're right I'll get our team in here soon to start setting up."

Caine nodded.

"Imma still call every hour, face time, give Jay your number and imma meet you out at the car Jay. We got places to be."

Then with that Caine headed out, Jay shaking his head and laughing under his breath.

"He a mean ass nigga..." Melody said once Caine was gone, only making Jay laugh more.

"Yea he is. Wait to you see him with his wife though." Jay shook his head, just thinking about Caine and Nia's love he didn't know if anything could compare to it.

Maybe because he had never felt that himself. He knew he would one day and the thought of loving someone as much as Caine loved Nia only made him want to reach out and grab it right now.

And in due time he knew he would.

"Talk to you in a hour." Jay winked at Melody as he headed out, making her laugh under her breath as he headed out the building and into Caine's car.

"About damn time nigga. You out there flirting with that lady and she could've been the one to fuck up my wedding."

"Oh shut up nigga." Jay laughed, watching Caine start the car and pull off so they could get Mario who was actually calling right now.

"Where the fuck you niggas at?!" Mario said into the phone as soon as Caine answered.

"Ay- bitch-"

Jay and Caine said but were cut off by Mario speaking again.

"Hurry up so we can go get the suits yo! Nia picking her dress up from the same place in thirty minutes dumbasses."

"aw fuck." Jay said as soon as Caine pressed the gas to belt. He could feel his body shifting as Caine swiped a left.

"We be there in five."

Caine hung up and cut the music up as he sped literally the entire way to Mario's crib.

"Nia are you ready? The car is outside."

"Girl I'm so alive." Nia said as she pushed her hands through her hair and moved it behind her ears.

She was grinning ear to ear. Her skin was clear, her hair was healthy, and most importantly tomorrow was her wedding day.

She had just woken up from falling asleep during her facial. Maya didn't of course since she was on top of everything. She was being the best maid of honor for Nia, along with Jay who was her groom of honor. Maya and Jay had been texting all day to insure that everything was going just as Nia planned along with helping Caine out even though he had most of it handled.

"Oh my Maya were like ten minutes behind then planned."

"It's fine the shop called and said they just wanted to set up something nice for you so I gave them more time."

"Ohhh isn't that nice." Nia smiled, oblivious to her friends lie as they made their way out to the black truck waiting on them.

Nia had a driver scheduled to drive her around this entire week as she finished final preparations. This driver would also take her and Caine to their flight for their honeymoon.

"Here you go ma'am." The driver opened the door, a bunch of pink roses sitting in Nia's seat waiting for her along with a note.

'To soon to be Mrs. Wright. I love you my heart.- from your husband.'

Nia smiled at her message, picking her flowers up and holding them in her lap. Maya got in taking pictures of her friends as she covered her face since tears were in her eyes.

"Oh girl let me seee" Maya urged, making Nia get herself together and smile with her flowers. She was truly the happiest woman in the world.

The driver begun to drive them to the shop. They were there within twenty minutes, the large black truck pulling up outside the shop.

Nia started to get out the car, ready to make her way around.

Maya was getting out and just as she was, Caine, Jay and Mario were all coming out the shop.

"Woahhhh" Maya quickly rushed around the black truck to where Nia was and held her arms so she didn't move.

"What?" Nia furrowed her brows in, looking to the side of Maya. She could see Mario pushing his body back behind the car. With who she was guessing was Caine and Jay.

"I saw them Maya it's okay." She laughed softly.

"I thought you weren't supposed to see the fiancé on your wedding day!"

"Baby I told you I don't believe in that." Nia laughed at Caine's words, shaking her head.

"Come give me some love please." That wasn't nothing but a word to Caine. He made his way around the car to his fiancé and smiled at the sight to her. He knew she was ready to be his wife.

"Your beautiful self." He shook his head, slightly in disbelief as he leaned down and captured her lips with his own.

Nia smiled against his mouth, her hands going up and around his neck. She held onto her fiancé tightly, kissing him and sucking up the last bits of their life as an engaged couple.

"Yall gotta let each other go." Maya said softly while the couple shamelessly made out with one another at the side of the car.

Nia whined slightly into Caine's lips, him eating it up and biting her bottom lip, dragging it out from her face and sucking it while staring into her eyes.

"I love you." He said as he leaned in and placed a kiss on her lips before pulling away but not the full way, he let Nia ease out of his body on her own because trust if husband them had wanted him not to let go he wouldn't have let go.

"I see you tomorrow?" He questioned, looking her up and down as if she wasn't already his.

"Of course." She reached her hand out, dapping Caine up. He dragged her body into his chest once he had a grip on her and gave her a tight hug before letting go.

Nia smiled one last time at him before heading inside to get her dress.

"Ms Nia! How are you!" The women greeted, her hands full of the beautiful dress Nia picked that nobody saw but her, Jay and Maya.

Nia's wedding was tomorrow and that was the only thing on her mind. Until she heard gun shots from outside.

__________________________________

I know you missed me😎  xox

Xoxo, Winniewrites

* gossip girl voice *

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5.6K 26
No matter how much one person wants the other. No matter how "perfect" they may seem. They can still be perfectly wrong for each other. Spin off to i...
23.9K 393 46
One word. Chaos. That's all Nico Valore had brought to my life since the moment I met him. Despite all the pain and heartache, if you asked me to do...
618K 10.7K 39
Dawn is the home town good girl with a spunky attitude and compassionate heart. So much like her father and struggling with the estranged relationshi...
577K 33.2K 50
Tamia was raised just how her parents planned, religious, smart and ahead of the game. But every girl has a bad side. After being told what to do and...