GALAXY'S HEAVEN

By SUJU_Shawol

...about an angel who was too curious for her own good ....about a boy who was too busy surviving to live lif... More

THE GATES
PART ONE
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty

twenty

31 2 0
By SUJU_Shawol

DATHOMIR

The trio defeated the beast and Cal took the lead as they traveled through the cracks within the walls. Diane had a feeling that the redhead had very little idea of what he was doing, yet for some reason, trusted him enough to where she knew he'd eventually find himself in the right place.

Before they knew it, they found themselves at the entrance of the Nightbrother's village. Flaming arrows and lasers were being shot at them. Cal did his best to dodge and reflect them back with his lightsaber. Diane looked around for an exit.

She smirked.

"Cal! An exit!"

"Where?!"

She grabbed his hand and dragged him through the fire. He ducked and followed her lead. Diane took BD from his shoulder and placed him on hers. She smirked at him, which made Cal suspicious.

She turned him around and whispered, "I believe this is what you mortals call 'payback'."

And then, she pushed him.

Cal found himself sliding down.

"Whoa!" His voice echoed through the area.

Diane happily jumped and slid down to catch up to him. When it was done, he rolled on the ground and watched as her boots skidded to stop herself from falling. She walked over to him and held out her hand.

Cal looked up at her in amazement for several reasons, one he couldn't place at the moment. But he grabbed her hand and allowed her to haul him up from the ground.

"I can't believe you just..." He laughed.

Diane glanced around and saw monsters lurking around.

"Cal, I think I see something."

"See what?"

All he could see was a bunch of Nightbrothers and beasts roaming 'bout the ruins.

"A cave."

He tried to see what cave she was looking at but couldn't. He figured amazing eyesight was an angel thing.

"Let's go."

Diane grabbed him by the waist and flew them there. She saw a white carving of a spider on the side and green vines around the entrance. Cal took out his lightsaber and BD's grip on her shoulder tightened.

"Only death awaits you here," the Nightsister's voice rang.

The trio pushed forward. Diane felt something was off. For a moment, she thought the Nightsister might've been trying to warn them. But brushed it off.

Cal held onto her as she took them downward. Had he been the one to lead, he was sure he would've broken a leg...or arm. Or both.

When they reached the last platform, the angel noticed there was only one opening and the remaining light of the day shone through on the muddy area.

"You sure?" Diane asked.

Cal let go as the angel's grip lessened on him. BD transferred himself from her shoulder to his before he jumped to the ground.

"Be-be-beep!"

"Wait up!" Cal called out. "It might be dangerous!"

Diane sighed and flew down to them. They stood in front of a corpse and watched as Cal grabbed something from the dead Nightbrother's hands. It wasn't until he shifted the body that Diane felt little pebbles fall on her. She looked up and saw the winged beast from before.

Cal ignited his lightsaber.

"You just had to jinx us," he said.

"I jinxed us?!"

"Yes!"

"You're the one who said you didn't wish to find out—"

The beast roared.

The two stopped.

"Continue this later?"

"Oh, for Heaven's sake."

⤠⤟

A FEW MINUTES LATER

They did not continue it later, because (depending on who's perspective you agree with) someone jinxed them again. They had managed to scare off the beast and get away yet it followed them which led up to the current predicament they found themselves in.

Diane grabbed Cal and BD as they were flung from the back of the beast to the ground. She'd managed to make it a softer landing for them by using her wings. The beast met its demise and Diane watched as its soul ascended above.

At least it was going to a better place, the angel thought.

"Are you okay?" Cal asked the two.

"Beep. Boo?"

"I'm fine," Diane replied.

"Me too. Wish I could say the same for this creature."

"Where to now?"

"The village," Cal said. "We need to try and see if we can find anything that'll lead us back to where we need to go."

"Okay."

⸻╳⸻

The trio eventually ended up back to where they were before they'd fallen. By the tomb. Diane realized that the man from earlier was gone, but if Cal noticed he said nothing.

When they finally arrived in front of the tomb, Diane felt a sense of relief. BD jumped down from Cal's shoulder and looked around in amazement.

There were two Zeffo statues standing on each side of an entrance. It probably had looked immaculate when it was in its prime, but now it just looked like a rusted bronze color. Debris encircled the surrounding area and the angel saw more when she peeked inside.

BD walked right past her and scanned everything in sight. Always the curious one, Diane thought.

"BD!" Cal exclaimed, realizing that he'd fallen behind his two friends.

"Fwoo woo doot!"

"My friend," Eno Cordova's voice rang, "we've reached the tomb of Kujet in search of an Astrium. It is more secluded than ever I would've thought. It seems the way in was secret even during the time of the Zeffo. A contrast from the ostentatious Tomb of Miktrull...yet not a welcome one. The Nightsisters of Dathomir granted me passage, but even they warned me against the ruins. Something dark transpired here — I can feel it."

Diane pushed forward as she studied the massive golden door that stood out. The angel traced each circular pattern in her mind. There were markings that she made out to be another language written on the bottom. Cal stood beside her and extended his hand.

Up until this point, Diane did not realize the power that The Force truly had. Until now.

⤠⤟

Diane did not feel like themself. She felt like a ghost. She turned and saw a younger Cal Kestis.

"Bracca is secure. We move out for Mygeeto shortly."

She saw another mortal that she did not recognize. He wore a blue tunic held by a thin brown belt with silver upper armor and dark-colored pants. He had his hair in a braid, tucked behind his back. Not only that but he had no shoes, his feet looked like hooves but weren't.

"Yes!" younger Cal exclaimed in excitement.

It was then that Diane took a look at his younger self. His hair was a lot shorter and he too had a single braid tucked behind his back. He wore an off-white shirt under a beige tunic and a brown v-shaped cloth, all held together by a single black belt with a lightsaber tucked safely by his side.

"You must..." the mortal faltered. Diane saw a hologram appear and it was only then that she realized it was not just the two alone in the room. There was another being.

Their armor reminded Diane of Stormtroopers.

Something clicked in the angel's mind. But she shook her head. There was no way...right?

"Execute Order Sixty-Six."

"Master? Are you okay?"

"Something...is...wrong," Cal's master said.

The trooper held his gun up and the angel heard younger Cal's cries. Within an instant, Cal's master ignited his lightsaber, slicing through the trooper's armor and taking him out.

There's two of them? Diane questioned looking at both blue blades.

"What's happening? Why did the commander just...?" Younger Cal wore a look of fear and his voice trembled as he spoke.

"Padawan, something terrible is happening. The clones have betrayed us."

Clones?! Diane was baffled.

"There are no answers to your questions, not yet. We need to get off this ship. Quickly."

Cal scrambled after him.

"Get to the escape pods. Use the maintenance halls. We trained for this, do you remember Cal?"

"Yes. B-But, what about you?"

"I will create a distraction and meet you. If I am not there when you arrive, depart without me. I will find you on Bracca. Do you understand?"

Younger Cal felt his throat go dry.

"Yes, Master."

Diane followed Cal. She followed him through every vent, every crack he crawled through. She watched the exchange of lightsabers he had with his master. It was the only one she recognized, only because it was his current one. But he'd unfortunately lost it which did make her a bit curious as to how he got the other one. She continued to run with him as he started closing doors and getting ready to jump into the escape pod.

Everything happened so fast. She watched in horror as Cal's master took hits from the clones and just as Cal got the pod door open, it was too late. Diane could see Cal's master grow weak.

"Master!"

He extended his hands out and an invisible force slowed their physical beings. By then his master had crawled inside and just before Cal shut the door, Diane ran inside. The pod ejected and Cal ran toward his master.

"Cal. Cal." the older mortal said. Diane watched as tears welled up in Cal's eyes.

"The explosion will mask our escape. But this war... This war is not over my Padawan."

The young boy sniffled.

"Hold the line. Wait for the Jedi Council's signal. Remember...trust only in the force."

"Yes Master," he choked out.

Diane watched as his Master's eyes grew lifeless and his soul did not ascend. It just...flew like dust particles into the open air.

The ship shook and Diane turned to see the ship she was just on explode into pieces. A large cut appeared on the side of Cal's face, one Diane recognized all too well. His small figure clutched the lightsaber and he cried.

Diane could say nothing. She didn't think she could even interact with him.

"Please," he whispered. "Help me. I know you exist. So, please...PLEASE!"

He clutched the lightsaber and cried out. Diane touched her cheek. It was wet. She looked down at him.

He looked up at her. Tears streamed down his face as he looked at the destruction in his hand. Diane realized that during his memory, he'd accidentally destroyed his lightsaber.

Cal was huddled in the corner with BD at his side. She approached him, carefully. Diane kneeled in front of him, thinking of what to say.

"The crystal shattered," Cal spoke up. His voice was hoarse. "It's useless."

Diane placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"Do you want to go back to the Mantis?" she asked.

He nodded his head.

She helped him up and put BD on her shoulder.

Not a word was spoken as they walked out. She didn't know when he'd started holding her hand. But her friend was in pain and Diane was going to do her best to be there for him right now. Because if she learned anything from that memory, it was that she could not fail him.

Not again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26K 2K 19
"I could give you pleasures that don't exist in heaven..." V is a fallen angel. Better known as a demon. J-Hope is an archangel. Started on 5/25 a...
52.4K 1K 16
What if Padmé didn't die? Find out my version of a Star Wars Prequel AU when you read Anakin and His Angel: What Should Have Been. Disclaimer: I do n...
78.4K 2.6K 31
Awaiting your 'Aunt', Cere Junda, on the planet Zeffo is the ultimate torture. It all changes though on a traditionally dreary and overcast day...
118 28 12
He stayed silent, but out of the corner of my eye, I could see him staring at me. "Right before he died he told me that he loved me. But I couldn't s...