The Doctor's Baby

Galing kay sunflowersatdusk

We all have Doctor fantasies but what happens when you work in the same hospital and end up having a steamy s... Higit pa

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
Art By Readers 🤍✨
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
Characters

23

234 13 7
Galing kay sunflowersatdusk

The day finally came to an end, and for Skye, it couldn't have ended soon enough. With the start of her classes at medical school next week, a hefty 15 credit hours looming over her, she should have felt daunted. Instead, she felt a sense of accomplishment, like she was finally taking control of her life again.

Walking out to her car, she felt the weight of exhaustion but also a sense of exhilaration. Her mother had insisted she set up an appointment with an obstetrician, and although she was 14 weeks pregnant, the reality of it all still hadn't fully sunk in. The appointment was scheduled for the next afternoon, coinciding with Chris's return from Florida.

Feeling a mixture of nervousness and duty, Skye decided to call Chris to remind him of the appointment. She dialed his number, her heart pounding slightly as she waited for him to answer.

"Hey," he responded, his voice low and strained, as if he just ran a very strenuous marathon.

"Hey! We find out the baby's gender tomorrow morning. Just wanted to remind you," Skye said, trying to keep her tone light.

"Wait, that's tomorrow?" Chris's voice rose in surprise. It seemed to only go up an octave.

Skye reached the exit doors of the hospital, but something stopped her in her tracks. She heard a faint, suspicious sound from his end. What was that a sigh? "You're in bed with another woman right now," she stated flatly, her voice laced with a realization that felt like a punch to the gut.

The line went silent. After a moment, Chris stammered, "Yeah, I—I just..."

But Skye didn't let him finish. "You know what? It's fine. I'll talk to you tomorrow. See you later. Bye." She hung up quickly, not waiting for a response.

As she walked to her car, Skye repeated to herself, 'They weren't in a relationship. They weren't in a relationship. They weren't in a fucking  relationship' But no matter how many times she said it, it didn't ease the sting of annoyance and foolishness she felt.

Why did it bother her so much? They had made it clear that their connection was solely about co-parenting. But as she drove home, Skye couldn't shake off the feeling of betrayal. The realization that their relationship, whatever it was, might be more complicated than she had admitted to herself, was a bitter pill to swallow. She knew she had to confront these feelings, but for now, she focused on the road ahead, both literally and figuratively, as she navigated her way through the darkening streets.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

477K 23.9K 101
𝑫𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏: (𝒗.) 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒖𝒕-𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒖𝒑𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒂 𝒆𝒙𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈�...
310 0 33
Doctors swear to save lives every day, and that's exactly what Thomas wants to do. Dreaming of running his own hospital, saving lives and being the b...
95.2K 4.6K 47
"Here!" I say as I place a pack of condoms in his hand. "What? Now you want me to fuck you?" "In your dreams! I don't know why you're asking my best...
6.9K 325 26
Over the course of their first year of residency, five surgical interns are drawn into the ever-evolving world of medicine; in an attempt to disregar...