Don't be near Mark/ Markhyuck

Door Aidenneshi

Donghyuck is an immigrant, he went to Canada with his parents to start a new life far from North Korea 2 year... Meer

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60

Part 28

418 21 0
Door Aidenneshi

Two good days have passed, and they all visited New York together. They were separated by class and strolled through the city's most iconic buildings and neighborhoods. Donghyuck got along well with the majority of people in the class. He had always been quite sociable, even if he might seem a bit more reserved at first.

In the evenings, they had developed the habit of joining Mark for meals. Chenle spent a good hour each time hugging the other tightly, and Mark let him do it as if nothing was amiss. Donghyuck discreetly checked each time to make sure Mark had taken his medication, as Jayden had instructed him.

Mark seemed to take the medication regularly, as he remained calm and appeared less quick to anger. Although at times, others could sense his patience wearing thin.

Jisung and Chenle also quickly noticed that Mark was much calmer than before. They talked to Donghyuck about it, explaining that Mark used to be much harder to deal with, but it wasn't really his fault.

Donghyuck learned that Mark had a genuine disorder; Chenle explained that it was a TEI. Overall, it was a condition that resulted from a shock Mark had experienced, making it now impossible for him to manage to contain his anger during a crises. He could also become angry quickly for no reason. He was diagnosed during his trial, which shortened his prison stay.

Mark: New York sucks; they have no tempter.

Donghyuck: Don't ask me to work here.

Mark: Haha, no, it's too dangerous here. It's better for you to stay in Toronto.

Also, for the past few days, Donghyuck felt that he was getting closer to Mark. They talked a lot and exchanged messages throughout the day, which earned him remarks from Chenle and Jisung.

Mark: Tonight, you should keep my bracelet. I'm not allowed to leave the hotel after 10 PM.

Donghyuck: Chenle and Jisung will notice.

Mark: They know.

Donghyuck looked up, surprised. He glanced at Jisung and Chenle taking photos of a building or teasing each other. They knew?

They knew and continued to act as if they didn't know?

"Chenle, Jisung", call Donghyuck, "do you know about Mark and me? Well, about the job?"

The two quickly lost their smiles, looking at each other before turning their gaze back to Donghyuck. They nodded while looking at the ground.

"Yes, we know," said Jisung, "and we're worried about you, Hyuck.

"But it's reassuring to know that Mark is there to protect you," added Chenle.

Donghyuck didn't know what to say; the two knew very well and acted as if they didn't know. He wondered if they knew other things like that and kept silent.

"Do you know a lot of things?" Donghyuck asked.

"No, just that he's your superior," Chenle replied.

Donghyuck nods; he remains a bit quieter for the rest of the day. The two others understand why and don't add anything. When lunchtime arrives, the two notice that Donghyuck continues to occasionally respond to Mark.

"Do you like Mark?" Chenle suddenly asks.

Donghyuck feels his cheeks slightly redden, and he looks at the other with wide eyes.

"No, what kind of question is that?" Donghyuck mutters.

"But it seems like you do like him," Jisung replies.

"Even if I did, he would only ever be a friend at most."

"Because of Jaemin?" Jisung asks.

Donghyuck bites his lip. Of course, because of Jaemin. He respects his friend, even though they are currently not on good terms. He doesn't want to prove that the other was right, and besides, he still values Jaemin's friendship.

Yet, for the past few days, Mark and he have done things. Since their night on the train, he realized he has a physical attraction to the other.

"Mark is handsome, and he's pretty nice," Donghyuck starts, "but he's Jaemin's ex, and I'd rather keep my friendship than pursue anything with Mark."

"Jaemin wouldn't hesitate to stab you in the back," Chenle responds. "He's not even really your friend anymore."

Donghyuck tightens his grip on the fry in his hand, looking up at Chenle, who quickly realizes he has hurt Donghyuck deeply with his words.

Donghyuck stands up, packing his things, hurt by what Chenle just reminded him of and the aggressiveness with which he said it.

"Hyuck, sorry, I didn't mean to be mean," Chenle says suddenly, standing up. "But you're not really friends anymore?"

"We're just not on good terms right now, but I still consider him my friend."

They have the afternoon free today. Donghyuck, Chenle, and Jisung had planned to stroll through the streets and buy souvenirs for their families. But Donghyuck wants to go back. He's tired of walking in such a crowded city; it stresses him out and makes him anxious. Plus, Chenle keeps mocking Jaemin and saying things that hurt Donghyuck a bit.

"I'm tired of you guys being mean to Jaemin," Donghyuck says. "He came to take care of both of you after the party. He had exams, and yet he stayed with you all weekend because he was worried and felt bad for not helping you more before, but none of you thanked him, and you continue to criticize him."

"He did a good thing for us, yes," Jisung says, "but for months, he just insulted and belittled us, and he kept us away from Mark. One good action can't make up for months of meaness."

Donghyuck doesn't know what to say; he wasn't there before, so he doesn't know everything that happened and how the two experienced it. In the end, Donghyuck doesn't go back and spends the day with the other two. They don't have the best day of their week, as Donghyuck is still perplexed that they know about his job.

Jisung and Chenle say nothing more, sensing a slightly heavier atmosphere than usual.

In the evening, returning to their hotel room, they see Mark already sitting at the desk, searching for something on his computer. When he sees the three arrive, he closes his computer and taps the bed for Donghyuck to come sit.

He quickly removes his bracelet and places it on Donghyuck's ankle. But while Mark does this, Donghyuck can see his phone light up, recognizing Jaemin's name on his phone.

The four in the room are surprised, staring at the phone, not understanding why Jaemin is calling.

Donghyuck takes his phone and goes into the bathroom to answer, not wanting the others to listen to their conversation.

"-Jaemin?" Donghyuck answers.

"Donghyuck," Jaemin replies. "Before you hang up, I'd like us to talk."

Donghyuck doesn't say anything, waiting for Jaemin to continue.

"You're with Mark in New York."

Donghyuck sighs; he's annoyed that Jaemin is calling for this. Okay, he doesn't want to explain things to Jaemin anymore. But he still waits for the other to continue.

"I just finished my session with the therapist," Jaemin says. "You said I could talk to you afterward..." He pauses." You're the only friend I have."

"Friend?" Donghyuck responds with a sarcastic laugh.

Jaemin doesn't say anything; they both remain in silence for a long moment before Donghyuck sighs and speaks again.

"I'm just tired of you imagining things between Mark and me. We're friends, and you have to accept that others can be friends with him. And Jaemin, I respect you. I won't do anything with someone I don't like, but someone you like. But you have to accept that one day he will find someone you want him to end up alone ?"

Jaemin bites his lip at the other end of the phone.

"-No, I don't want him to end up alone," Jaemin finally says. "I want him to be happy. I wish him happiness more than anything, but I don't want him to be happier than he was with me. It hurts me."

"I understand, but why did you call then? Was it to check if I'm with Mark?"

"In part, yes," Jaemin replies, "but I wanted to talk to you about something."

Donghyuck lets out a 'hm,' encouraging him to continue. Donghyuck takes the opportunity to remove his light eye makeup.

"I wanted to know if it bothers you because Jaehyun asked me on a date, and I know things happened between you two."

Donghyuck is surprised, but it doesn't bother him that much.

"I don't understand," Donghyuck mutters, "yeah, sure, you can go see him. He doesn't belong to me, but I don't understand why he cut off everything between us; he didn't explain anything."

"I could try asking him," Jaemin says, "but I wonder if it's a good idea to go on this date while I like Mark. It feels like I'm using Jaehyun."

"If you hesitate to accept the date, does it mean Jaehyun interests you a little?"

Donghyuck smiles hearing Jaemin make a small confused sound. He can imagine the state his friend is in.

"I'll go now," Jaemin says, "but Hyuck, can you promise me something? If Mark ends up interesting you, tell me. I'll try not to react too strongly, but I'd rather know than find out unexpectedly."

"I promise, but it's not going to happen anytime soon."

The two talk a bit about Jaehyun and Jaemin's recent therapy session. It feels good to talk to his friend again, ignoring the old quarrels.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

182K 9.7K 64
Mark and Donghyuck are ready to start a new chapter in their lives- with Donghyuck flying over to Canada for Mark's graduation before they embark on...
42.3K 1.9K 20
- Wherein, Donghyuck has to attend college away from hometown to move on from Jeno, and Mark happened to be there.
187K 7.8K 39
mark, jeno, jaemin and jisung caused so much trouble in their home town that they eventually had no choice but to be sent to a private private boardi...
37K 1.2K 35
2 boys got sing up in an asylum by their parents because they think they're something wrong with their children. But, some interesting events come an...