In My Name! (Young Justice x...

By Whoopity__hoodi

(I would like to warn some readers that this fanfic will greatly change from the show. Some parts will remain... More

Chapter 1: A Whole New Realm
Chapter 3: Possible Survivor
Chapter 4: Rebirth Of Y/N
Chapter 5: Martian And The Gith
Chapter 6: Identity and Purpose
Chapter 7: Criminal Cthulhu
Chapter 8: Removing Evidence
Chapter 9: Understanding the Gith and the Ghaik

Chapter 2: Mental Match

283 4 1
By Whoopity__hoodi

3rd person POV

Robin: "Now this is something."

Artemis and Robin were observing the crashed alien space ship while the rest of The Team was coordinating assistance in helping those who were buried in the rubble and putting out the flames.

Artemis: "it's definitely something not human-built, if that's what you mean."

Robin: "Are you thinking aliens?"

Artemis: "I'm not thinking, I'm saying. Come on, I doubt Lex or anyone who's a member of The Light could make something like this.

Robin: "True, if it was lexcorp, then we'd have found some sort of giant L or kryptonite, I'm just surprised your first idea was alien."

The flames began to die down, but the metal was still hot, Kid Flash immediately rushed in... before immediately running out and lifting one foot and then the other.

Kid Flash: "Hot! Hot! Hot! Hot!!"

Artemis: "That's what you get for rushing in! For all you knew, a landmine could've been in their and you would have more than hot feet!"

Superboy, Miss Martian, Zatanna, and Aqualad joined the three and snickered at the sight of Kid Flash getting scolded.

Zatanna: "looc sih teef!"

Kid Flash immediately stopped fidgeting and sighed in satisfaction, but this still didn't stop Artemis.

Aqualad: "I believe you got your point across, Artemis, I have a means of entry that won't burn."

Aqualad then used a nearby fire hydrant to summon some cool water before spreading all across the metallic floors and walls of the nautiloid.

Zatanna: "There, no burns for the rest of us."

Miss Martian began to grab her head and groan in pain, superboy was quick to her side and doing whatever he could to cool her pain

Aqualad: "What is it, Miss Martian?"

Miss Martian: "I'm... I'm not sure myself. It's gone now, but it felt like something was calling from inside the ship."

Superboy: "... I don't hear anything."

Robin: "it could be possible that you heard someone's thoughts?"

Kid Flash: "If someone's in there and what are we doing standing around!?"

Aqualad: "Charging in without enough information will only result in their death and our injury"

Miss Martian: "I don't hear them anyway, if it was someone... they're already gone."

The Team was briefly silent at a potential civilians' death, but Aqualad pushed on.

Aqualad: "Zatanna, Superboy, Robin, and I will search the wreckage for any bodies and whatever can tell us of its creation. Everyone else remains outside and helps wherever necessary."

Robin: "Stay vigilant. Whoever was piloting this couldn't have gone far without leaving a trail, and I don't think they'd like us poking around."

Superboy, Zatanna Robin, and Aqualad entered the wreckage while the rest remained outside, Kid Flash and Artemis took to doing a perimeter check around the area while Miss Martian, using her Psychic powers, reached out for any brainwaves that were unknown... and she found a match.

Miss Martian: "Hello?... Hello? are you OK?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mind Flayer POV

???: "Hello?...hello? are you OK?"

I awakened to a female voice, I could see in my blurred vision a single person standing in front of the nautiloid. She's either a psychic or has a very quiet shouting voice.

???: "Can you hear me?... If you're injured, don't worry, I can get you to safety. Just make some sort of noise, so I-"

Me: "Help...please..."

???: You're alive! Don't worry. Help is on the way!

I am stranded in an inferior species territory. I have every right to worry! In other circumstances, I wouldn't have even blessed you with my acknowledgement, but I must know where I am.

Me: "it hurts... please... help me"

???: "I see you! It's OK! I'm coming to help!"

The figure waves at me and starts running. As it gets closer, I see it's a small, green female with a white shirt and red x on it and a dark blue Cape and skirt.

She doesn't look like one of the enslaved, a half-orc, perhaps? She has no tusks, though... maybe a green human?

She entered the alley but stood a fair distance away, smarter than she looks I'll give her that...

Green female: "I'm the one you were speaking to earlier! You can call me Miss Martian, how injured are you?"

Me: "Bleeding... burned... confused... hungry, please help me"

Green female: "it's going to be OK. We're going to help you get better!"

She immediately got close and bent down to examine my 'wounds', I take back my previous statement.

Green female: "I don't see any wounds currently on you, other than the back of your head, but I'll do whatever I can -"

Me: "There is something that you can do..."

Green female: "Please tell-"

I instantly grab her head, placing my thumb on her forehead.

Me: "Open your mind to me!"

I began to forcefully enter her mind, which was more difficult than expected, her Psychic powers were almost on par with my mine.

Despite being caught off-guard, she was starting to push me out and enter mine. She grabbed my hand and started to pull it off.

Green female: "I'm sorry but I can't allow that! Get out of my head! Villain!"

I can feel myself losing to her will. She's trying to reverse the mind reading!

I used my other hand, but this time, I dug my thumb into her right eye, causing her to let go of the other.

Green female: "AHHHH"

Me: "You are entirely inferior! OBEY ME!"

I combed through her memories with great force. Her screams of pain were oddly satisfying to hear as I tore apart her mental defences.

Earth

Humans

Justice

Martians

Friends

Love

Pain

Secrecy

The Light

Mount Justice

Family

I understand now, I released myself from her memories but not before wiping as much of it as I could. I stood up, still holding her head in my hands, and looked down upon the now pale creature with disgust.

Me: "You are weak-willed to hide your true self from the ones you call friends, to go against your superior, and leave your home with him."

She remained kneeling, tears starting to leak out of her one good eye and blood coming out of the other.

Me: "Had I carried a tadpole, you would have made a better illithid than you would ever be Martian."

I released her from my grasp. While I could eat her brain now, it's of no doubt that someone heard her pitiful cries and will come to investigate.

As I was about to leave, a solution to her fate came into my mind.

One that ensured my existence was kept secret...
And her usefulness intact...

Why waste a potential thrall?

Me: "Maybe all is not lost for you, M'gann M'orzz..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot to add this in the first chapter, but thank you for reading this chapter!!!!

I'm open to any criticisms or questions any might have, and I would love to hear what you think so far!

Other than that, I wish you all a great day, and thank you again for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33K 69
Percy Jackson was tired of the hero gig. It was bloody and messy and had only ever left her bodies to count and memories she wished she could forget...
24K 425 11
WELCOME OLD AND NEW READERS, I hope you like my new and improved story! You meet the team after helping them fight the Injustice league with your li...
9.2K 688 57
Wally's gone. Richard's gone. Willow's gone. Emma is too afraid of anyone else leaving her. Finding her home, her old life, and being asked a cer...
669K 21.9K 200
Basically Robin/Dick Grayson is my favourite DC character, don't judge me, so this is all my random ideas that I have compiled together. Don't expect...