Dead love in my hands (Troy...

By pantellleria

After the apocalypse, Troy Otto feels like a fish in water. He is willing to kill to protect his family and h... More

Preface
The aesthetics of Troy Otto
Greek motifs
Interrogation
Conscience?
Walker's camp
Driving school
Unbelievable
Time
Wake me up at 8:00 a.m.
About the books
La Brea
House number 9
It's that feeling
Clara
Sis
Now you know
Exchange
Self-reflection
Don't go away
Life is the principles
Chin-chin!
I need you
Spectrum of emotions
Hasta la vista!
Guilt?
Choice
Mistake
By Troy
Robert
In a normal world
Dinner
Khan
Shop
People don't change
Tea
Linda and Oliver
Iron taste
House in the forest
Analgesics
By Troy 2: Fallen star
The beginning of the end
Why didn't I meet you earlier?
You knew my name, but you had no clue what are you gonna go through, baby...
Im not like everybody else
A source
By Troy 3
I met you in California
Freedom
By Troy 4
She will believe
Yellow
Aron
I'm asking you to leave
By Troy 5: for her
Sworn friends
By Troy 6
I believe
Everything will get better
As he promised
Everything is meaningless without you
A quoi me sert encore de prier Notre-Dame?
New World Order
Don't be afraid of your dreams, because they will definitely become reality
By Nick

Walk

129 7 6
By pantellleria

We had been walking for about a couple of hours. Troy was in no hurry and enjoyed the day, as if completely forgetting about everything. It was quite strange for him. The sun was scorching, but a fresh wind helped to cope with the heat.

"Where do we go next?"

"Well, we have the whole world at our disposal," Troy said and spread his hands.

"I think we should confine ourselves to the ranch area for now."

"And I'd like something new..."

"What do you mean?"

Troy stopped and sat down. His shoelaces on his right shoe came undone, and he began to correct the situation while continuing the conversation.

"You know, Dell... didn't I say that I've seen almost nothing in this world? I'd like to see something.

"Why did you think of that?"

He shrugged, still sitting on one knee.

"I don't know. I realized that I could die. I used to think I was immortal."

"And when did you suddenly realize this?" I grinned.

"You won't believe it when you see the roses this morning. They grew right out of the ground... and in a couple of moments they were already in my hands... And they will dry up soon, no evolution. Unlike us."

"Troy, this is not evolution."

"You just don't understand."

"Maybe. But even if you happen to be right, I don't want to participate in this evolution."

"And it seems that I have a chance to get somewhere outside the United States only in the form of a walking dead..."

"Is this really what you want? Run somewhere again?"

"I want to. But I can't. I am responsible."

"Yes, it is. And there is nothing outside the ranch, there are ruins, you saw."

"Della, I know!" he raised his voice.

"Then what's all this about?"

He shook his head and stood up.

"Troy, you won't leave me, will you? I don't want to wake up one morning and find you gone."

Otto thought for a couple of moments.

"Are you really thinking about that?!"

"Dell, I'm not going anywhere, calm down. At least, without you for sure."

"I really hope so."

Approaching the cliff, we looked down at the dried-up water storage.

"You solved the water problem at the ranch. You've assembled the militia again. People are grateful to you and are convinced that everything will collapse here without you."

"But it's not. Jake could have handled everything without me."

"Troy, you can't loosen your grip. Yes, you've climbed to the top, but that's not the hardest part. The most difficult thing is to stay on it. And if you don't want it, you'll fall."

"You can keep me. As always."

Suddenly, he turned his back to the rock and began to lean back. I reflex grabbed him by the collar of his shirt.

"You see, you can. As Always!" Otto smiled.

"Are you crazy?!"

"Dell," he took my hands and unhooked them from the collar of my shirt, in which I was still digging, "now I am more confident in you than in myself."

"You can't rely on anyone more than yourself."

"If it wasn't for you, I would have died in the desert. You light my way."

"You don't underestimate yourself."

"But you overestimate me, Dell," he ran his palm over my cheek, "and it motivates me."

"You know, I..."

Suddenly, Troy pushed me behind him. It is unclear where the walkers came from.

"What the fuck? We cleaned up everything here yesterday!" Troy took out a knife and began to kill the zombies approaching him. I joined too. We were still standing on the edge of the cliff, which greatly complicated our situation. Literally a meter separated us from certain death. There were more and more walkers.

"Dell, go away!" Troy shouted, several dead men headed towards his voice.

"You can't handle this alone! There are too many of them here!"

"We can't even do this together! Go away!"

I didn't answer him. It wasn't my plan to leave him here.

"Dell!" he barked, "go away!"

But I still continued to wield the knife. Suddenly one of the dead men knocked me to the ground. My head and part of my back were hanging off the cliff. I punched him in the head, he flew down, but there were several more dead men behind him, who started falling on me right after I dropped the first one.

Troy probably didn't even notice it, because he himself was surrounded and pushed to the cliff.

When I thought, "Well, that's it," shots rang out. The walkers who were above me fell and softened on the dry ground. I was able to get up. Troy, too, was already out of danger. Looking around in search of our savior, we noticed that he himself was already approaching us. Aron.

"You guys are just lucky! And why didn't you shoot them? Were you afraid to attract even more attention?"

"What are you doing here?"  I frowned.

"I thought the word 'thank you' sounded different," Aron said, grinning.

"Thank you, of course. But the question remains," Troy supported my bewilderment.

"I just decided to take a walk," he spread his hands.

"What a coincidence! Right after us?" I was in mixed feelings. On the one hand, he saved us, but on the other hand, I couldn't help thinking that Aron was watching us.

"You know what I think? It's quite strange that everything coincided like this: we are surrounded by walkers right at the cliff, although the militia cleared the territory of them only yesterday. And then you show up with a rifle on the edge and save us! It's just a miracle! You would have noticed that crowd yesterday, wouldn't you, Troy?"

"Dell, calm down. The main thing is that we are alive."

"What if he brought them?"

Troy thought for a moment.

"Are you serious? Do you really want to blame me for this? Maybe Troy doesn't look around well, since he didn't notice them right away?! Bad skill for a military man!"

"Aron, answer the question!"

"Della, are you crazy?! So you're thanking me for saving you?!"

"Dell, it's strange to save us at all, if suddenly he brought walkers, then why would he...?"

"I have no idea," I shook my head and pointedly bowed out, "thank you very much, Aron!"

"Stop it. I really didn't lead them to you."

"I hope so," I walked past him on the ranch.

***

It was nearing evening. Troy and I had a great day together. For the last hour we have been sitting in a room and discussing where we would go if we could. Otto was lying on the bed and I was sitting cross-legged in a chair by the window when Jake knocked on our room.

"Troy, we need to talk."

"Is it something urgent? I'm busy right now," Troy said, rolling over on the bed.

"Yes. Very."

"OK. I'm coming. I'll be right back, Dell."

I nodded and was left alone. Looking at the roses standing in a vase on the windowsill, I smiled, and my heart beat faster. It was as if Troy was really getting better. But I couldn't completely relax next to him, because there's no telling at what point he might lose his mind again. You need to be ready for this...

Returning half an hour later, Troy was clearly in a bad mood.

"Is something wrong?"

"Yes. The lock on the armory is broken, several rifles are missing."

"What? But it was supposed to be guarded..."

"Yes, Kevin and Rob. No one knows where they are! While we were walking with you, dick knows what happened!"

"Troy, but we..."

" Dell... I have to be constantly involved in the affairs of the ranch, and I spend time trying to maintain our relationship with you! This multitasking is knocking me down!"

"Troy, but it's not my fault that..."

"Shut up!" Otto interrupted me.

I turned to the window, and in my head flashed "yes, his adequacy did not last long." Suddenly Troy came up to me, as if reading my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, you really have nothing to do with this. I'm just furious."

"What are we going to do?"

"We need to search the houses. And find these two jerks who left the post."

"Where do we start?"

"You stay here. Most likely, discontent will begin because of the searches. It's better to keep a low profile. I'll get the Clarks and your family here. Nick will stay with you. And I brought a gun."

"Do you think it's necessary?"

"Yes. The one who took the rifles is a local resident. And he clearly does not wish us well."

"Troy, be careful."

"Don't worry. Jake and I and the militia will figure it out quickly."

"Troy, where did Aron get the rifle? Have you found out yet?"

"He took it from the warehouse and signed it in the magazine. And he brought her back. The time is indicated there."

"It's quite strange that the guys disappeared somewhere and in general... Maybe it's not a resident of the ranch."

"Jake interviewed the security, no one came in. And how does the uninvited guest know where the warehouse is located and what it is in general?"

"I don't know... We need to sort this out as soon as possible. Can I still help you?"

"I already said. No. You stay here."

Troy came out of our bedroom. I heard the front door slam and turned back to the window. Five minutes later, I saw both Otto's approach the guards at the gate. It was getting dark outside, so the situation seemed to be getting more and more tense. Clark and my family quickly arrived at our house, and Nick and Danny came down from their room. We started discussing what had happened.

"Do you think it's that serious?"  Alisha asked.

"Of course! Someone tore off the lock and took the weapon. And that someone is still here!"  Madison replied to her daughter.

"What if nothing terrible happened? Maybe it was Rob and Kevin themselves who took the guns?"

"Then where are they, Alisha?"  Nick, who was sitting at the front door with a gun, intervened.

"Let's discuss something else?"  Danny said.

Everyone nodded in agreement, it got to the point that we were lucky to be back at the ranch together and everything like that, dad offered to change Nick at the entrance, and mom and Danny went to the kitchen to make tea.

"Tell me, how did you manage to convince Troy to leave Aron here?" Nick asked.

"You mean how did she manage to persuade Troy to leave Aron alive at all?"  Alisha made a sarcastic joke, but when she caught my gaze, she lowered her eyes.

"Guys, let's just forget that Aron was..."

"Troy has already warned us all to keep our mouths shut, don't worry," Madison said, "but it's every man for himself here. Can you share it?"

"He's changed."

"Della, don't be silly. He's a psychopath. He can't change because of his love for you. If there is one at all. He shouldn't rule this place. Open your eyes!"

"Madison, thanks to him, you're all here! Why the hell aren't you still giving him a chance?"

"Because I can't forget his actions."

"Then think of your own! Tell me, for example, where was Victor all this time?! Why did you leave him?"

"He decided to leave us on his own."

"Look, I love Troy. I don't care what he did in the past. What matters is what he's doing now. For all of us."

"When he kills Aron, we'll talk about it!"

"Mom! Why are you saying that?"  Alisha screamed.

"Because it's true!"

"You know, Madison, I understand why you're so angry. People are ready to follow him, but they didn't follow you. He was able to raise the ranch, but you weren't. He returned the water, but you couldn't. You wanted power over this place, but you're not a leader for these people. And it's hard for you to accept it."

"What are you talking about, Della?" The elder Clarke shook her head.

"Actually, she's right, Mom," Nick put in unexpectedly for everyone, "I remember how you behaved when we first arrived here... You really wanted to be the queen of this place, didn't you?"

"Nick, stop it!" Madison interrupted.

"Well, really. After all, you covered for Troy as long as it was profitable for us..."

Suddenly we all heard gunshots.

I ran out of the room, followed by everyone else. Running to the front door, I was about to open it, when suddenly Nick grabbed my elbow.

"Where are you going?"

"There's shooting!"

"Exactly! So there's definitely no need to go there!"

Dad blocked my way.

"Are you crazy?!"

"Troy clearly said to sit here and not go out."

"Is he your boss?!"

"I promised him that I wouldn't let you go if something happened, Adaline," Dad was serious.

"But he may need our help!"

"Jake is with him. And the team. They'll handle it."

"If something happens to him..."

"Then I will finally be convinced that I did the right thing by not letting you go!"

We heard gunshots again. There were more and more of them.

"What if they really need help?" Alisha was indignant.

"You can't help them, baby," Madison hugged her.

"What does that mean? Do you know something, Mom?" Alisha pushed her away.

I pulled out my gun and pointed it at the older Clarke.

"Answer me!"

We all crowded into the corridor, which made it crowded.

"Della," Clarke began, "put the gun down!"

"No. Answer the question. Do you know anything?"

Clarke raised her hands.

"And you're really going to shoot?"

"Is something threatening Troy?"

Madison just grinned.

"What does all this mean?" Dad turned to Madison and walked away from the entrance. 

I took advantage of the moment to break out into the street. After running about twenty meters, I saw Arthur Green lying on the ground. He was dead. A little further there were a few more militia. My father, Nick and Alisha were already running after me. Their weapons were ready.

"Dell! Let's go to the warehouse. Just slowly," Nick whispered.

I nodded. We walked in a chain. There wasn't a soul around. Apparently, people were afraid to leave the house because of the shots. At the entrance to the warehouse lay another dead militia.

"What the hell happened?!" Alisha whispered.

Voices were coming from inside.

"Inspect the houses. We need to calm people down!"  I said.

"And you?"

"Please, no questions! Do as I say. But be careful. It is not known whether the people are on our side."

Dad and Nick nodded. Alisha stayed with me.

"Come on, hold on to me," I whispered to her.

"I'm covering," Clarke nodded.

When we went down to the basement, the voices became clearer.

"What did you think? Are you in charge here? How do you like the fact that I was able to organize a coalition against you in a couple of days?!" it was Aron. His voice was followed by a blow. Then we heard someone spit, apparently with blood.

"Fuck you, asshole!" Troy said softly.

"Aron, can you stop? Let's just get this over with? Didn't we agree without bullying?"

From the last phrase, Alisha and I both widened our eyes at the same time. It was Jake.

"Come on! Let me get my revenge!"

"He's still my brother!"

"And he's also a rare asshole who fucked my wife! So be patient, Sissy."

"She's not your wife."

"Isn't that enough for you?" we heard the sound of the impact again, but this time it was not limited to one. After the third we heard a shot. Troy howled in pain, but it quickly stopped.

"Is that all you're capable of,  Aron?"

"Are you completely fucked up? Why are you provoking me? Shoot you in the other knee, too?"

"Aron, really, it's time to finish with him! Someone can come in here now!" I think Rob said it.

"The hell with you!"

Alisha and I exchanged glances and moved towards the voices.

"Jake, how can you? We are brothers," Troy spoke with stops.

"Nothing personal. You've taken too much away from me. I'm sorry it's going to end like this. Trust me. Give my regards to Otto's father."

"Drop your weapons!"  Clarke shouted as we ran in.

"Alisha, you don't understand anything!"  Jake began.

"Drop your weapons!"  I repeated.

Troy was sitting on a chair, tied up, covered in blood. It hurt me to see him.

"Baby, calm down!"  Aron said.

"I won't repeat it!" I shot Rob. Alisha aimed at Kevin, who dropped the rifle and raised his hands.

"Are you crazy?!"  Aron shouted.

"Consider that yes."

"And that you will shoot me?! Just like that? Come on," he started to come closer, "come on, Dell... Oh, baby, can't you? of course you can't, because you love me!" Suddenly he turned around and pointed the gun at Troy again. At the same moment I fired. The bullet hit him in the neck. Aron fell to the floor, blood splashed, forming a puddle. I dropped the gun and ran up to him.

"Dell," he managed, "I'm so sorry," was all he could say. After that, his eyes glazed over.

Alisha had Jake at gunpoint. He dropped the rifle and raised his hands, as did Kevin. At that moment, Dad and Nick came down to us.

"Shit!" Clark said.

"Help Alisha take them outside!" I shouted, approaching Troy. I untied him from the chair and looked at his face.

"Did you save me again, honey?" Otto whispered with a bloody smile.

"Can you get up?"

"Yes," Troy tried to get up, but couldn't.

"Lean on me!" I gave him my shoulder.

"No, the militia... they shouldn't... to see me like this..." he said with pauses.

"Troy... there is no militia anymore. They're dead..."

Otto looked at me surprised with one eye, the other was closed, apparently because of Aron's blow. It seems that Troy wanted to say something, but suddenly disconnected.

I somehow dragged him outside. Nick and Danny were already waiting for me outside and helped me carry him home. Mom brought a first aid kit.

The white sheets instantly turned red as soon as Troy was laid on the bed. The hole in the knee was through, which could not but please me... But Otto's condition was still deplorable...

"Where are they?" I asked Alisha while treating Troy's wound.

"We locked them in the basement of Kevin's house."

"Don't they escape?"

"They are being guarded. The people at the ranch are supporting Troy, Dell."

"Where were they when they were trying to kill him?!" I screamed.

"In the same place where we are... they were afraid to go out. Look, I know this isn't the time, but Mom and Jake... they're not bad people..."

"You're right. Not the time! Go away, please!"

"Dell, just don't jump to conclusions. I'm begging you. They are to blame, but be merciful..."

I gave Alisha a look of displeasure and pointed to the door. I had to continue treating Troy. He's lost too much blood... God, if he survives, I will be merciful to everyone. I was so afraid of losing him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

331K 13.7K 10
❝Your scream could literally obliterate a whole city.❞ ❝That's why I try not to do it.❞ [the avengers] [book one in the delilah caldwell series] [cov...
1.4K 54 17
PLEASE READ THIS ITS IMPORTANT!! This is a mashup of my hero academia and the series Avatar the last air bender and legend of Korra, I recommend watc...
54.8K 2.3K 101
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-15 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines. I ONLY o...
278K 5.6K 40
Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale had fled the small town of Beacon Hills six years ago when she thought she lost all of her family in a tragic fire. However, w...