The Unknown

By heartlessbrock

Third book to Chaos series. Enjoy. More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
150
151
152
153
154
155
156
157
158
159
160
161
162
163
164
165
166
167
168
169
170
171
172
173
174

137

1K 28 53
By heartlessbrock

Colby's POV

"What's up, man?" Sam asked after the phone rang a couple times. "You have been texting me all day to call you. I'm calling you." I said with a sigh.

"Oh! I just have a small update. Also just wanted to talk, how's Jules and the baby?" He asked as I breathed a laugh.

"Don't scare me like that, man." I said and went into the bedroom, sitting on the bed.

"She's good though. Both of them are. We're just trying to finish everything in the nursery since we're running out of time." I said with a sigh.

"You have two months, right?" Sam asked as I nodded. "Yeah, two months. It's so soon but so far away." I said as Sam chuckled.

"I bet it feels good to be able to fall back into a normal routine." He said as I nodded.

"Yeah. What's going on there though?" I asked and stood up, pacing around the room. "Max is throwing a fit. He wants Julia dead for what she did to him." Sam said as I nodded. "Cool. Kill him." I said simply.

"Really?" Sam asked as I nodded. "If he's going to put Julia at risk then absolutely. He deserves what he got and he deserves this." I said as Julia came into the room.

There was a confused look on her face as she walked in.

"Okay, I can make that happen." Sam said as I opened my arm so Julia would step into my embrace.

"Thanks, man. I gotta go but I'll talk to you later." I said as Sam hummed. "You got it, man." He said then hung up.

"What's going on?" Julia asked and looked up at me. "Nothing much. Sam just wanted to check in." I said then kissed her head and pulled away from her.

"He should come visit. I think you'd enjoy having him around." Julia said with a small smile. "Yeah, maybe when the baby gets closer. We may need some help around here." I said as she nodded slightly.

"He doesn't always need to be helpful, ya know. He can just come and be a friend." She said and put her hands on her belly, her face scrunching slightly with pain.

"Woah...you okay?" I asked and took a step forward, putting my hands over hers. "Braxton hicks." She said then looked up at me.

"Excuse me?" I asked causing her to laugh. "False labor pains. They happen in the third trimester of pregnancy." She explained. "Does that mean you're gonna have her soon?" I asked as she shook her head.

"No. It just means we're getting closer." She said with a small smile.

"Do you think we're gonna be good parents?" She asked and looked up at me as the baby kicked against our hands.

"I do. I really do." I said then leaned down and kissed her.

I never thought I wanted kids.

The idea of it was sickening since I had left my family behind to join the gang. I fully submerged myself into my work, making my friends my family.

When I met Julia though, everything changed.

I remembered the exact moment I knew I wanted to have kids with her.

It was right before I asked her to be my girlfriend for the first time. I had gone into her childhood home to bring her back some stuff to remind her of her siblings.

On the wall in the house was a picture of Julia and her family.  On her face was the brightest and biggest smile I've ever seen on her.

I wanted her to smile that big around me.

I wanted her to have kids of her own since she loved her siblings so much.

And now she gets to live the life I know she's always wanted.

I couldn't be happier for her.

"Colby." Julia said, pulling me from my thoughts. "Hm?" I asked as she giggled. "Where did you go?" She asked as I shrugged.

"Was just thinking about you." I said as she rolled her eyes playfully.

"Oooooookay." She said then turned away from me. "Don't believe me, sweetheart?" I asked as she breathed a laugh.

"I believe it slightly." She said as I pulled her towards me by her waist, turning her to face me again.

"I love you." I said quietly before cupping her cheek and kissing her with as much passion as I could muster.

Julia melted into me, wrapping her arms around my neck. She moaned into my mouth, pulling me close.

As soon as she did this I felt the baby kick so hard that I could feel her on my stomach. "Woah." I said with a laugh, pulling away.

"She was saying hi." Julia said as I laugh. "Or she's telling us to stop," I said as she sighed and wrapped her arms around me.

We held eachother for just a moment before she pulled away. "We should go back downstairs." Julia said as I nodded.

"Yeah, the kids are gonna think something is wrong." I said as we made our way out of the room.

This was the most calm the two of us have been in weeks and I had to admit I was happy about it.

As much as I loved the crime world, I loved normal life just as much now.

Before, I thrived off of the danger and the chaos but now I loved the unknown.

There was something exciting about going into a new phase of life with the love of my life. We were going to be parents soon and we were going to be married.

I didn't know what Julia was going to decide as far as the crime world went. I feel like she would choose normal life since we were having a baby.

I wouldn't say I could blame her since the crime world has only been horrible to her.

It would kill me to be away, but I would respect her decision and would support her either way.

"Are you guys done kissing?" Jenna teased as we came back into the room. "Ha. I would never kiss him." Julia said as we sat on the couch again.

"The baby in your belly says otherwise." Carter said with a laugh. "You get a baby from kissing?!" Juniper asked with horror.

"No. Why are you scared, little miss?" Julia asked as I raised my brows, looking at her. "I'm not." Juniper said shyly.

"Who are you kissing? You're five." Sam said as Juniper covered her face.

"You better not be kissing anyone." I said as Julia laughed and put her hand on my arm.

"Jimmy kissed my cheek! I don't want a baby!" Juniper wailed, bursting into tears.

"Oh, love. It's okay." Julia said and pulled Juniper into her arms. "You are a baby, you can't have a baby." She explained as I wrapped my arm around the both of them.

"Nobody is allowed to kiss you, though." I said lowly though. "Colby, chill for just a second." Julia said with a laugh.

"Juniper's a little hoe." Jenna joked as Julia smacked her arm. "Stop it!" She said as Juniper sobbed into Julia's chest.

"A cheek kiss isn't that big of a deal, kid. You're okay." I said as Juniper looked up at me. "Really?" She asked with dewey eyes.

"Yeah, see?" I asked then pulled her into my lap and kissed her cheek.

"No biggie." I said as she giggled. "Are you sure?" She asked as I nodded. "Positive. If this Jimmy kid does it again though we're gonna have a problem. Nobody touches you." I said as she nodded.

"Boys are icky." She said as Julia laugh. "Colby is a boy ya know." She said as Juniper narrowed her eyes.

"No. Colby is a man." She said causing me to laugh. "Yeah, Jules. I'm a man." I said causing her roll her eyes.

"Love you guys but can you shut up. We're missing the movie." Carter said with annoyance. "Sorry, bud." Julia said as she leaned into me.

We sat and watched a movie for the rest of the night. Juniper ended up falling asleep in my lap, and Julia fell asleep leaning on my shoulder.

"Want me to take Juniper?" Carter asked as I shook my head. "I got them. Get some rest, man." I said as he nodded.

"Goodnight." He said then left the room with the other two.

"Jules." I said quietly, kissing her head. "Hmm?" She mumbled and turned her face into my arm.

"We gotta get you to bed." I said quietly. "Comfy here." She said as I laughed and kissed her head again.

"Our bed is much more comfortable, I can promise you that." I said causing her to groan and sit up.

"Come on, darling." I said and stood up with Juniper in my arms. "Such a good dad." Julia whispered as we made our way upstairs.

I knew they Juniper wasn't my kid, but she was the closest thing I would get for practice.

All four of the kids were basically Julia and I's at this point, but they weren't newborns who relied solely on

That was the part of this that scared me.

Would I crack under the pressure?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 508 14
Book 2- Of the 'Highschool Trauma' series: After moving away with his lover and best friend, Colby had made it his goal to start over. To live a life...
11.4K 216 75
πŸ’™Hey friends I just wanted to say I stared this 2 years ago my writing got better please give it a chance and read it all its a really good story i...
185K 5K 95
This is the third book in the heartless series, so read the other two or this will make no sense haha
611K 13.8K 181
The third book to the Lucky series. Hope you enjoy!