Cassandra's Betrayal Rewritten

Oleh TangledSlay

I know more than a few people were upset with Cassandra's betrayal storyline, mainly with her motive, so I ha... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
The Great Tree
Holding On
Battle in the Great Tree
After the Fall
A Green Orb
Getting Out
The House of Yesterday's Tomorrow
Special Note and Some Context
An Old Friend
The Plot for Revenge
The Truth
Your Destiny
A Night in the Caravan
Rocks Point this Way
It Calls Me
Destroying the Moonstone?
Taking What's Mine
Update 1
The Truth
Going Home
Back in Corona
Confrontation
The Fight Continues

That Stone is Dangerous

81 1 0
Oleh TangledSlay

It was morning. Cassandra was still awake, being unable to sleep due to the night's prior events. The sunrise pierced her tired eyes, notifying her that it was time to leave the room and get into action for the day. Her plan was simple; act as if she was so tired she couldn't remember the previous night and just wait for Rapunzel and the group to arrive. It seemed simple enough and would allow her to go unnoticed to Edmund of her true intentions.

"CASSANDRA!" Edmund's voice echoed through the entire palace, filled with rage.

"GET DOWN HERE AT ONCE!"

The tone shocked Cassandra. He had never sounded so angry, even during the argument from the night before. She cautiously proceeded down the grand staircase, following his loud yells.

'What could this possibly be about?' She thought.

Edmund was waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hello Cassandra. Care to explain why I found the door to the Moonstone wide open this morning?!"

At the sight of her father's anger, Cassandra's heart raced. She just remembered the other day when she snuck into the room. Had the door not fully closed as she had thought? She hadn't intended for her actions to be discovered so soon. Her mind searched for an explanation, but she wasn't ready to tell him of her destiny and the real truth behind why she has come to the kingdom, making it difficult for her to form coherent words.

"Father, I... I don't know what you're talking about." Cassandra stammered, trying to maintain composure.

"Don't play games with me, Cassandra!" Edmund's voice thundered through the halls. "I know you were in that chamber. You entered the room with the Moonstone!"

Cassandra's heart sank. She had hoped to slip away unnoticed, to confront Rapunzel without further complications from her father, but now her secret had been exposed.

"I-I only went to see it, I swear! I didn't do anything else." Cassandra blurted out, fear clouding her words.

Edmund's expression softened slightly, replaced by a deep concern. "Cassandra, you don't understand the danger of that stone. It's not to be trifled with. I beg of you, promise me you won't pursue it any further."

Cassandra hesitated for a moment, unsure wether she wanted to explode or stay calm. If she got her father out of the way, then she would be able to finally fulfill her destiny and show Rapunzel all she was capable of. The group must have been right outside the door by now, so her time would come in a matter of minutes, as long as all went according to plan.

"That's a promise I can't make." Cassandra admitted, her voice filled with determination.

Edmund's face turned grave. "Cassandra, listen to me. You don't know the consequences of your actions. That stone... it holds immense power, but it corrupts those who seek to control it. Please, for your own safety, for all our safety, leave it be."

"NO! I WON'T WAIT ANY LONGER! THAT STONE BELONGS TO ME AND I WILL HAVE IT, NO MATTER WHO I HAVE TO HURT TO GET IT!"

She turned away from her father, making her choice.

Edmund called out to her one last time, his voice filled with sorrow and desperation. "Cassandra, please reconsider! Don't let the darkness consume you!"

With a heavy heart, she hurried away from his sight, deeper into the palace.

Meanwhile, inside the caravan, Rapunzel sat quietly, staring at her journal. She flipped through the pages, her thoughts filled with memories of Cassandra. Guilt gnawed at her heart, the vivid recollection of their last moments together haunting her.

"Eugene," she spoke softly, breaking the silence that enveloped the room.

"Yeah, Blondie?" Eugene replied, looking up from his book.

"Do you ever think about Cass?"

Eugene paused for a moment, setting aside his book. "All the time, Rapunzel. She was... she was like a sister to me. Her death... it's not something I can easily forget."

"I miss her, Eugene. I miss our adventures, her laughter, her... her friendship," Rapunzel murmured, her voice filled with longing.

"I know, Rapunzel. I miss her too," Eugene said, a touch of sadness in his voice. "But you did what you thought was right. We all did. We can't change what happened."

Rapunzel nodded silently, her gaze fixed on the journal. Her thoughts drifted to the days they spent together, the love they shared, and the bond they forged.

"I just wish I could talk to her one more time, you know? Set things right, make her understand." Rapunzel whispered, a tear escaping her eye.

"Sunshine, everything will be alright. Look where we are," he pulled closer to her, gesturing his hand to a window. "You are so close to your destiny, you can't just give up now. Come on, let's go inside and get you that Moonstone." He outstretched his hand for her.

Rapunzel latched on, her mind cleared and focused on her new goal; to get what she came here for.

As Rapunzel and the group approached the imposing gates of the Dark Kingdom's castle, they hesitated for a moment, unsure of what awaited them beyond the dark walls. With determination in her heart, Rapunzel raised her hand and knocked firmly on the massive door.

The heavy wooden door creaked open slowly, revealing King Edmund standing on the other side. His expression was guarded, hiding the emotions from the argument he had just endured.

"Hello, travelers. What brings you to the Dark Kingdom?" Edmund inquired, his voice laced with suspicion.

Rapunzel stepped forward, her eyes meeting Edmund's. "We've come seeking something that lies within your kingdom, something of great power."

Edmund's eyes narrowed slightly. "I'm afraid I cannot allow you to proceed. The power you seek is dangerous, and it's best left untouched."

"But we need it," Rapunzel insisted, determination etched on her face. "It's important."

Before Edmund could offer further warnings, the members of Rapunzel's group stood firmly beside her, expressing their unwavering support.

"We trust Rapunzel," Eugene asserted, stepping forward. "Whatever it takes, we're with her."

"Yea, so let us through big guy!" Lance added.

"The Moonstone is staying safeguarded. I dont care what you need it for, it's not going anywhere!"

Rapunzel came closer to Edmund, pleading for him to let them through.

"I understand that it's dangerous, but I am the Sundrop. It's my destiny to unite with the Moonstone, and I swear it will be in good hands."

Meanwhile, hidden in an alcove, Cassandra observed the unfolding events from her vantage point. Even with seeing Rapunzel for the first time in months, she wasn't conflicted. Her desires were crystal clear. She craved the power the Moonstone promised, fueling her own ambitions and aspirations. The urge to claim it for herself grew stronger with each passing moment, but she knew she had to wait for the perfect time.

Back in the courtyard, the standoff between Rapunzel's group and King Edmund persisted. Words of caution clashed against Rapunzel's unwavering determination, with her companions standing firmly by her side, assuring their trust in her judgment. Weapons were drawn on either side, and Rapunzel's hair was let down.

"If you don't let us in, we'll just have to fight our way through." Rapunzel firmly stated.

A battle broke out between both sides. Hair was flung, swords clashed and punches were thrown. Somehow, Edmund was able to stand his ground against the group, even though he was greatly outnumbered.

As tensions rose, Cassandra remained concealed, watching the conflict unfold with a mix of fascination and determination. Her decision was made - the power of the Moonstone would belong to her. The chaos outside only reinforced her decision as she waited. 

As the fight waged on, members of Rapunzel's party slowly gave up. In a matter of moments, only Rapunzel and Eugene were standing.

"I beg of you," Rapunzel cried. "Let us get to the moonstone! Can't you see that I am beyond strong enough to wield it? Please, you have to see that whatever dangers you speak of won't affect me!"

But Edmund pressed further. He was determined to stir away Rapunzel's group, not wanting others to become power hungry over the stone. His confrontation with Cassandra played back in his mind as he fought.

"There are too many who have tried to control the Moonstone but failed! It hurt them and fed into their darkest emotions! You don't want that type of power! It has to be destroyed!" Edmund retorted.

Eugene and Rapunzel stopped in their tracks.

"Destroyed? Why?" Rapunzel questioned him.

"Because it harms people. Anyone who's tried to use its powers has been consumed by pure evil. And others have even died being in the same proximity as it! That's why I can't let you have it."

"But I'm the Sundrop... the literal embodiment of pure good. It won't be the same for me. If anything, I might even neutralize its powers, stopping its darkness forever."

"You're saying that if you take it, it won't be able to hurt anyone? That no one will have to fear its powers anymore?"

"Yes. The Moonstone will be used for good in my hands, I can assure you of that."

"Well, I suppose your story matches up... but what if... no she wouldn't... she's too good. Well- Rapunzel, is it? I trust you with the powers of the Moonstone. If there is anybody out there who is most deserving, it is you... But swear to me its only purpose is to bring good and harmony to the world."

"It is, sir..."

"Edmund... King of the Dark Kingdom."

"Well Edmund, where can we find the Moonstone?"

"Go down straight from here and keep going. You will meet a great door at the end. Just behind it is the Moonstone's chamber. Now, go on. I must find someone in here before it's too late."

The group began walking away from the site of the battle. As Eugene passed by Edmund, he was stopped.

"Young man... what is your name?'

"Uh... Eugene Fitzherbert. Why?"

"You look familiar. Hold on everyone, wait here."

Edmund ran off, returning a few seconds later with his hands filled with parchments.

"Come here boy. Let me look at you."

"Um... I get it I'm pretty good looking but why do you need to..." Eugene's voice trailed off as he glanced at the papers. In Edmund's hands were a bundle of his Wanted posters, spanning several years. There were even some of his very first posters, all the way back from when he was a teenager.

"Why do you have these, King Edmund?"

"Because I believe... I believe you're my son," Eugene stared at the man, his eyes wide and mouth hanging wide open. "I sent you away when you were a baby and since then I've been following you with my crows. I... I can't believe it' you, my son!"

"I think you're confused with someone else. You see, I don't have a family and I find it very strange you are saying this right after the fight we all just had. I'm going to go now, if you don't mind-"

"No, you are my son. I swear it! This is not a joke. I have been waiting for forever to meet you, and now that I have, I finally feel complete. How ironic, I met your sister again just a few days ago, and now you're here too!"

"And I have a sister?!"

"Eugene, if you want," Rapunzel started. "You can stay with your dad while I go get the Moonstone. It seems you have both missed a lot."

"Are you sure Blondie? I mean, this is your destiny."

"But you've just found your dad! You've come this far supporting me, I think it's time you got something to yourself."

"You mean it?"

"Yes. Now go, spend time with him. I'll be back soon enough. I think I need to do this alone." Rapunzel left the main hall, alone. Lance, Pascal and Maximus stayed behind as well.

"Good luck Blondie. We're all rooting for you."

The corridor towards the moonstone was dead silent. It was perfect for Rapunzel as she could just think as she approached her destiny. Finally arriving, she noticed the door was slightly open. It wasn't too out of the ordinary, but still strange for something that was kept so protected. She took a deep breath in and pulled on the handle, revealing a strong bright blue glow. 

Her eyes wandered the room, trying to take everything in. The rock formations were crazy, and even if the black rocks had a destructive nature, in here they were beautiful. Finally, her eyes landed on the cage encasing the Moonstone. Her undone hair started to light up and float upwards to the ceiling. She knew it was time; her destiny had finally arrived.

As she walked closer to the stone, smooth black rocks formed into pillars creating a bridge. The closer she got, the more the excitement built inside of her. She was inches away from the cage when suddenly a figure appeared from behind. They weren't showing their face, back-turned to Rapunzel, but they were standing in front of the Moonstone. Rapunzel recognized their clothing, but thought it wasn't possible for that person to be there in that moment.

Slowly, the person began to turn, and came face to face with Rapunzel. The two ex-friends stared at each other for a split-second, when finally Rapunzel blurted out:

"CASSANDRA?!"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

5.2K 125 33
I was rewatching Keeper of the Spire randomly the other day, and I had an idea. What if Hector broke Varian out of jail? What if Varian trained with...
30.2K 604 17
This is my first Ray x reader, so I am sorry if I misspelled or anything Y/n, a girl who is a really good sibling with everyone at GraceField and wou...
133K 4.1K 72
"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’† 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’˜π’“π’Šπ’•π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Everyone knew of Rapunzel. The golden-hair...
204K 8.9K 86
Aoife Vanserra, daughter of the High Lord of Autumn Court, Beron, had been living safely in Spring Court since her family was taken Under the Mountai...