The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remn...

Από User456as

When a young Ex-Gang lord was betrayed by his own blood is suddenly transported Remnant to start again... or... Περισσότερα

Chapter 1: New Line of Work
Chapter 2: Talking it Through
Chapter 3: Me?
Chapter4: The Hunt continues
Chapter 5: Sea Problem
Chapter 6: Welcome to Atlas
Chapter 7: Snow Day
Chapter 8: Transport
Chapter 9: Scout
Chapter 10: Motion
Chapter 11: Mentor
Chapter 12: A Regular Day
Chapter 13: Confrontation
Chapter 14: A Friendly Meeting
Chapter 15: Talk
Chapter 16: Hostage
Chapter 17: Corrupt
Chapter 18: Heists
Chapter 19: The Showdown
Chapter 20: The Seeker
Chapter 21: The Air Ship
Chapter 22: Travel
Chapter 23: Again?
Chapter 24: Trouble
Chapter 25: Massacre
Chapter 26: Another Day, Another Memory
Chapter 27: Old Man's Deal
Chapter 28: Meeting
Chapter 29: Gone Wrong
Chapter 30: Discipline
Chapter 31: Unlikely Evening
Chapter 32: Origins
Chapter 33: More Truths
Chapter 34: Who's Side Are You On?
Chapter 35: Finding the Train to Hell
Chapter 36: Found the Train to Hell!
Chapter 37: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 38: Lesson Taught...
Chapter 39: Lesson Learned
Chapter 40: Beacon Days
Chapter 41: Beacon Days Pt.2
Update!

Chapter 42: The Fall of Beacon

838 25 21
Από User456as

Author's Note: I know I put these at the end but there are a few things I want to say before you start this last chapter. I want to thank each and every one of you for reading my first fanfic I've ever written. I will be taking a break while also going back to fix a few things I may have missed.

Thank you for your patience and enjoy the last chapter.

The final day of the Vytal Tournament was here. Many were excited to see the Invincible Girl go up against the up and coming star from Atlas. Many at home were ready to watch who would come out on top but Remnant being the blissfully unaware world that it was weren't accounting for a third party to join: Grimm.

The recent White Fang attacks, dust being harder and harder to come by the day and the increase of Grimm who were clawing at Vale's walls were just behind the minds of the citizens of Vale, just a push... just a little push was needed to make the kingdom of Vale into a warzone.

And that push was coming closer and closer as many people throughout the kingdom flocked to Amity Colosseum to see the final fight. Currently Amber was in Ozpin in Ozpin's Office while Hector was at Amity Colosseum since Ozpin wanted Hector to find any of Amber's attackers there.

To Hector it was trying to find a needle in a haystack. Despite wearing clothes that would shout "I'm a main character!" Everyone wore some type of bright color which didn't help in the slightest.

Currently Hector was in the security room watching the security cameras with Ironwood which was a bit awkward. Glynda had told him that Hector was not interested in fighting and called it a war with no true winner. Which to a extent Ironwood agreed.

As Ironwood watched the cameras intently he heard the bounty hunter ask,
"So why has Ozpin held off? Is he trying to see Amity Colosseum be a giant firepit?"

He wasn't expecting the bounty hunter to talk to him much since both did have little disagreements here and there.

"To be honest I'm not sure. You gave us the information, who they are, and unsurprisingly offered to kill them but I'm confused as to why Ozpin hasn't done anything." Ironwood replied to which Hector said,

"We could've just slipped in some knock out gas into their dorm, carried them into a secure room and interrogated them for answers but noooo instead we got: Patience."

Hector said the last part mimicking Ozpin's which Ironwood let out a snicker in response.

"You're not wrong but I don't like this. My men still haven't found them yet and the match is about to begin."

"Not to sound like the Bad Guy but if I were to make a terrorist attack I would probably strike during or after the match because that would probably be the time most people would be watching." Hector said which Ironwood gave him a you sound like the villain but you're not wrong look.

"What?" Hector said plainly before Ironwood shook his head and said,

"You're not wrong but coming from you it does sound like something a villain would do."

"What?" Hector replied in a offended voice before Ironwood said,
"You are smart as you are mad."

"What can I say?" Hector replied with a shrug as the match started. As Pyrrha and a ginger girl from Atlas called Penny exchanged blows Hector and Ironwood grew increasingly anxious as they nor Ironwood's soldiers could find any of Cinder's group.

"Where the fuck are they?!" Hector shouted as he looked from screen to screen.
"Who was put in charge of Amity Colosseum's security?? I swear there are more security cameras at a strip club than here." Hector added in frustration before Ironwood said.

"...Atlas did... we put the security cameras up..."

"...oh..." Hector replied before blinking several times and saying,
"W-Well at least add some!"

Before Ironwood could even begin to regret being in the same room as the bounty hunter they saw Penny get seemingly tied up my her own swords strings before Pyrrha extended her arms even further which to even Hector's shock cut Penny's arms and legs.

To further Hector's shock to the point his jaw dropped instead of seeing blood and bone he instead saw green wires and cold hard steel. Slowly turning towards Ironwood and vice versa.

Ironwood then ran out the room and Hector took ran after Ironwood shouting,
"Even when I warned you all, you still manage to fail?!"

But as he and th general ran through the halls the screens turned into a haunting deep red color with a queen's chesspiece in the center.
As they burst into the control booth where Dr. Oobleck and professor Port were Hector shouted,

"Cut it off now!"

"We can't, we appear to be locked out!" Oobleck said as he pressed various buttons. Then a familiar voice rang through the speakers.

"This is not a tragedy. This was not a accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children to men who claim to be our guardians. But are in reality, nothing more than men."

'...Cinder...' Hector thought bitterly as he looked down at the arena.

"Our Academy Headmasters wield more power than most armies. And one was audacious enough to control both. They cling to this power in the name of peace. And yet what do we have here? One nations attempt at a synthetic army. Mercilessly torn apart by a star pupil. What need would Atlas have to disguise a soldier as a innocent little girl? I don't think Grimm could tell the difference."

Hector then turned to Ironwood before grabbing the general by his collar with both of his hands and pulling him down to eye level where Ironwood's face was right in front of his signature smile which Hector said,

"You brought your army here now fucken use them!" To which Hector let go albeit with a small push before leaving.

"And what's I ask you, is what Ozpin been teaching his students. First a dismemberment now this. Huntsmen and Huntresses should carry themselves with honor and mercy. Yet I have witnessed neither."

As Hector ran through the halls he activated the air crystals as he knew he would need all the air he could get if he wanted to get to and kill anything that got in his way.

"Perhaps Ozpin thought defeating Atlas would help people forget his colossal failure when the Grimm invaded its streets. Or perhaps this was his message to the tyrannical dictator that has occupied a unsuspecting kingdom with armed forces. Honestly, I haven't the slightest clue who is right and who is wrong. But I know that the existence of peace is fragile. And the leaders of our kingdoms conduct their business with a iron glove."

As Hector ran into through the hallway that eventually felt led to the arena since through the arena had a sort of shortcut to the docking bay where he could get to Beacon Academy quickly. However as he went towards one of the entrances he found a crying Ruby on her knees.

"As someone who hails from Mistral, I can assure you the situation there is....equally undesirable. Our kingdoms are at the brink of war, yet we the citizens are left in the dark. So I ask you, when the first shots are fired, who do you think you can trust?"

Alert, incoming Grimm attack.
Threat level: 9

Hector then saw people shoving and running towards the exits frantically as they see Grimm flying up ahead which only infuriates Hector even more since he had told Ironwood to constantly send out teams to thin the number of Grimm and is now seeing that Ironwood didn't listen.

"Everyone calm down there is no need to panic." Ironwood announced which was immediately dismissed as a giant Nevermore landed on top of the Colosseum before using its beak to break in.

Eventually after sevearl attempts the nevermore flew up and came down with full force knocking Pyrrha back who was still stunned at what she did to Penny.  Snapping out of her own friends death Ruby quickly came to Pyrrha's aid as Ruby went down to the arena and got one of Penny's swords and using her semblance she thrusted it into and knocked the Nevermore back.

As the Nevermore screech it flew up before diving towards Ruby but then Hector noticed something falling from the sky.

'Are those... fucken lockers?!' He thought as the lockers lodged into the Nevermore's back and said Nevermore being pinned right in front of Ruby.

Then Hector saw the students got to their respective lockers and grab their weapons, knowing time was up the essence and the Nevermore didn't turn to dust, Hector then drew his revolver and shot the Nevermore until he had to put in a new magazine in.

Which sent some of the students tumbling down towards the ground. As Hector looked around he saw both Oobleck and Port come up as they fired at the nearby Grimm.

"Students, I think it would be best for you to leave." Port said before Ruby tried to argue.

"But we-"

"Miss Rose!" Oobleck interjected before adding,
"This day will surely do down in Remnant's history, and I would prefer it if my students would live to tell about it."

Ruby then gave a light smile before Oobleck turned to Hector and said,

"Bounty Hunter, can I count on you to make sure they get safely out of the Colosseum?"

To which Hector nodded and said,
"Yes but I'll be heading to Beacon Academy to defend it. What they'll do after they leave the Colosseum is up to them."

Hector then shouted,
"C'mon! Your teachers can take care of themselves."

The students then looked at their teachers who gave a comforting smile and nod before leaving them to deal with the Grimm. As they ran to the docking bay they saw people evacuating but then three bullheads pulled into the docking bay which Sun said,

"Sweet a ride!"

To which the side doors opened to show several Grimm jump out which Hector said,
"Sun... shut the fuck up."

Quickly taking aim Hector dispatched the Grimm which they then saw Ironwood dispatch a large Beowolf, they then ran towards the general before the bounty hunter asked him.

"What's the status with your army?"

But before Ironwood would reply they then heard a loud explosion which they looked up to see one of the airships being consumed in flames which Hector was about to be shocked but then came to the sudden realization:

Roman and Neo.

Although the students were both shocked and horrified that one of their flagships had been taken down Hector albeit with a small sigh knew why.

Hector being once a criminal himself knew that Roman had blew it up to make it look like he tried, just in case he failed to kill Cinder, so to a extent he wasn't entirely mad but still pissed.

"What?! How?!" Ironwood yelled out before the bounty hunter said the students,

"Alright as you can see Vale is under attack and yall got two choices. You can go to Vale and make sure that the people there get to safety or head to Beacon."

The Huntsmen and Huntresses in training looked at one another before the bounty hunter said,

"Or leave, leave your home, your friends, and if you're not confident enough in your own skills then your family. Either way I'm gonna do my job and I hope you'll do yours."

Hector then got on one of the airships before looking behind him and yelling,

"The fuck are yall waiting for? For Vale to fall?!"

To which the students began towards the airships which Hector asked Ironwood,

"What about you? What are you gonna do?"

Ironwood then turned around and looked up at the airships and said,
"I'm going to take back my ships."

'Even when the kingdom is gonna fall these people find ways to be dramatic.'

"Good luck." Hector said with a nod before going into the cockpit of the ship. He's never flown before but he's seen that it wasn't too hard.

Grabbing the controls he shouted,
"Hold on to something! The Grimm ain't gonna make this a easy ride!"

The transport ship tilted from side to side and swung from one side before doing a barrel roll but the Griffins didn't let up as they kept on crashing into the transport which resulted in the screen turning red with an arrow pointing towards the back which indicated the engines were failing.

"Shit!" Hector said while he pulled the airship up but knowing at the speed they were going the crash wasn't going to be one where many would leave unscathed so opening up the side doors Hector shouted,

"Everyone jump now! This ship is gonna crash!"

Then the group of students jumped out Hector then made a mad dash before just jumping out and activating his air boosters just in time before the transport crashed into the ground.

"Well that something." Hector before he looked around to see they landed near Beacon's entrance.

"What now?" Jaune asked before Hector said,
"Spread out and secure the area! Some of you go around and get everyone to safety."

"Got it!" Jaune nodded before most of the students began to go after the Grimm or the White Fang but then Pyrrha asked,
"What about you? What will you be doing?"

"I'll be doing something else." Hector plainly said before walking away but then Pyrrha grabbed his arm and whispered to him.

'You're heading towards Amber aren't you?"

Hector then fully turned around before Pyrrha explained,

"The day before the match Ozpin told me everything. He wanted... me to be next it line."

Hector took a step back before taking a deep breath and saying,
"Guess we got someone's ass to save." Hector then moved his head a bit to the right indicating that they were going now. However before they left Jaune said,

"What? What are you guys talking about." Jaune looked between the bounty hunter and Pyrrha who was thinking about what to say.

"Whatever is going on you know you can count on me right Pyrrha... Pyrrha?"

Pyrrha then looked at Jaune with a saddened expression as she knew what she and the bounty hunter would do next could cost them their lives. And if she was going to die doing what she believed was right then she wasn't going to let those close to her dies aswell.

"Jaune I-"

However in the distance Jaune, Pyrrha and Hector saw a part of Ozpin's tower erupt in flames.

"Amber!" Hector shouted before taking out his shotgun and looking back at Pyrrha and saying,
"We have to go now!"

Pyrrha then nodded before looking back at Jaune who was both confused and worried.

"Pyrrha I-" before Jaune could get another word out Pyrrha pulled Jaune in for a kiss which Jaune was taken aback by but just as quickly Pyrrha embraced Jaune, Jaune embraced her back.

Pyrrha then told Jaune with a mixture of a determination yet sadness knowing she might not make it back said,

"I'll be fine Jaune. When this is all over I'll explain everything to you... I promise." Jaune then looked past Pyrrha and towards Ozpin's tower. However deep inside him he knew he couldn't stop Pyrrha but hope that she would make it back.

"Promise me you'll be alright... okay?" Jaune said which Pyrrha gave a light smile before she replied,

"Only if you do the same."

"I will." Jaune said before Hector said,
"Pyrrha we need to go now!" To which looked at Hector's direction and nodded and both ran towards Ozpin tower.

The two ran through and killed Grimm as they ran towards Ozpin's tower but while they ran Hector asked,

"What's your deal with Ozpin?"
"What?" Pyrrha said a bit confused before Hector elaborated by saying,

"Why did Ozpin tell you? Not that I'm mad or anything just curious."

"He... if something happened, something like this then Ozpin wanted me to..."

"I mean did did you agree because you wanted to or did he guilt trip you?"  Hector said Pyrrha's response was a silent one which Hector then shouted as they were getting closer and closer to Ozpin's tower.

"Fucken Ozpin!!"

Hector yelled before shooting a Beowolf in the head.
"Me aswell as Traya have been warning Ozpin for months never to be taken seriously."

"You knew about this?" Pyrrha said in a somewhat shocked tone before throwing her shield at a Ursa major and bouncing back at her and using her spear to impale the Ursa Major.

"I've gave him everything!" Hector said as ducked as a Griffin swooped in which Hector shot it down.

"I gave him the names behind this attack! If he had let me kill Cinder, Mercury and Emerald this wouldn't have happened! I gave more than enough time to stop them yet he decided to be patient!" Hector shouted before both him and Pyrrha came across a body of a Vale student in uniform.

"...and look where being patient has gotten us..." Hector looked at the body before coming towards it and kneeling down. It was a young boy no doubt a first year who had large cuts across his chest. Hector then reached out and closed his eyes before whispering,
"Rest easy."

Pyrrha had a saddened expression with a mixture of a little surprise since she wouldn't expect the bounty hunter to 'respect' the dead. She saw the bounty hunter get back up before saying,

"...Let's go..."

Pyrrha nodded before jogged towards Ozpin's tower which was now just a couple of feet on front of them but then suddenly the windows in Ozpin's office shattered followed by flames erupting from the inside.

Hector's heart began to race and his chest tensing up which in turn resulted in the pain increasing. However his anger would soon rise as soon as he saw two people exit the building: Mercury Black and Emerald Sustrai.

Mercury had his pants seemingly sorta ripped especially on the left leg that showed his prosthetics with a few scratches here and there where as Emerald had several bruises with a burn mark here and there.

When the two groups make eye contact Pyrrha immediately raised her shield as well as her spear. While Hector put away his shotgun and put his left hand on the handle of Sion's sword and his right hand on his revolver.

"Well well well if it isn't the Bounty Hunter and the Invincible Girl." Mercury taunted as he popped his neck before getting into a fighting stance as well. Emerald didn't say anything but merely raise her weapons which Hector said,

"Take Emerald I'll take the soon-to-be cripple."

Mercury then frowned before he said,
"You're going to regret that comment asshole."
"Your legs will make a interesting addition to my collection." Hector replied right before he quickly drew his revolver on Mercury hitting him in the stomach.

Curling over Hector then shot another bullet but the bullet barely grazed his shoulder. Quickly dodging to the right with a spin Mercury kicked out with his right foot twice shooting at Hector who used his left hand to unsheath Sion's sword in a reverse grip going up blocking one bullet before turning it horizontally to block another bullet.

Mercury then jumped and spun around I'm circles with his right leg sticking out which Hector sled under as his put his revolver away. Hector was going to keep a distance and just try to shoot him down from a distance but since his prosthetics were his main weapon and Sion's blade had a tendency to set things on fire or start to melt.

Getting back up Hector continued to grab Sion's sword with a reverse grip with his right hand before Mercury flew foward with a downward right kick which Hector stepped to the right before slashing at his leg.

Using his left leg Mercury kicked towards Hector's side which he blocked the kick using Sion's sword which created a large sparks which Mercury backed up before sending two rockets Hector who took a step back to block one before ducking down to avoid getting hit.

However as he looked up he saw Mercury flying at him with his right leg pointed straight at him. Using his air boosters he flew right over Mercury before going for a horizontal attack with Sion's blade which Mercury backed up kicking Hector back.

Hearing another explosion coming from Ozpin's tower Hector knew he had to finish this fight with Mercury if he wanted to kill Cinder.

Mercury went on the offensive while Hector got defensive while trying to figure out a way to end the fight and after hitting Mercury's left leg Hector wondered if his electric rope could mess with his prosthetics.

However Mercury wasn't giving Hector any real openings where he would have time to use it. Hector then grabbed a grenade and pulled the pin and released the grip but held it which he then counted in his head.

'1'

Mercury then does a leg sweep which he dodges.

'2'

Hector used his left leg to kick Mercury in the head.

'3'

Mercury grabs his leg before throwing him on the ground.

'4'

Hector used his arms to break the fall so his chest would leave relatively unscathed. Upon looking up he could see Mercury walking up to him.

'5'

Despite the pain Hector throws with full force the grenade at Mercury.

'6'

With a single large explosion Mercury is sent flying back towards a debris nearby which caught the attention of both Emerald and Pyrrha.

"Mercury!" Emerald yelled out which Pyrrha took the opportunity to throw her shield at the thief which after hitting her head ricocheted to a wall and back which Pyrrha then got Emerald in a head lock before slamming her down on the ground.

Although the fight was over they still had to confront Cinder at the top of Ozpin's tower. Pyrrha looked at Hector who used his gauntlet to launch a cord that wrapped around Mercury's legs which he then pressed a button which the rope came to life with electric sparks which Mercury began to yell out in pain as Hector got closer and closer with Sion's sword.

As Hector got within rang he continously struck his legs letting a part of his anger out until the metal and exposed wires were indistinguishable from one other. It was only until Pyrrha called him out did he remember what he was there for.

"Stop! Stop! We need to help Amber!"

Stopping his sword as he prepared to swing again at Mercury's legs he blinked several time before finally snapping back. He nods while lightly holding his chest with his left hand as he puts away Sion's sword and retracts his ropes.

Pyrrha runs ahead but notes the bounty hunter struggling to keep up. He was shaking yet she couldn't help but think that his aura should've protected him but that was a question for another time.

"They fucked the elevator." Hector said as he leaned on the nearby wall as he replaced the air crystals in his gas mask, the elevator had a massive hole on the floor and wires wires hanging from the ceiling and buttons which Pyrrha looked at the mess before saying,

"Get in."

"What?" Hector said as Pyrrha stepped inside the elevator. Hector then saw he extend her hands downwards before he saw he hands and the elevator glow a black color.

'Magnetic... semblance?' Hector thought as he reloaded his revolver while stepping inside. As he stepped inside Pyrrha shut her eyes and extended her hands downwards which the elevator began to shake which Hector then grabbed onto the railing.

Shooting straight up the elevator was going up which after almost a full minute began to slow down until it hit the top.

Once it did Pyrrha opened her eyes before the bounty hunter stood next to her. Pyrrha got her shield and sword up while Hector took his revolver and Sion's sword out ready to fight what they knew could be their last fight.

Nodding at each other Pyrrha burst through the door first but stopped in pure shock which Hector was taken aback by but moved past her to see something that hadn't made him stop in his tracks since his grandmother's death.

It was Cinder's hand that had what looked like a bug sticking out from the palm of her hand but what took both Pyrrha and the bounty hunter back was the viscous like black good that seemed to attach to Amber's face that seemingly "sucked" a sort of orange light from her. All they could see was Amber's right eye shedding tears as a part of her very soul was being taken from her.

Cinder was too busy relishing the moment of finally taking the Fall Maiden's powers for herself after months of planning. She looked down at the soon-to-be dead Fall Maiden with a smile knowing that she was never worthy of holding on to such power, but she noted the Fall Maiden looking off behind her...

*BANG BANG

"ARH!"

Cinder yelled out in pain as a bullet hit hand twice. Cinder coiled her and back which resulted in the Grimm separating and a part of it still attached to Amber's face who then nearly fell on the floor with only hand hand holding her up.

Although the process was interrupted Cinder could feel the power shimmer in her aura. She opened her eyes to reveal a orange flame erupt and seeing the only two things standing in her way of great power:

Pyrrha Nikos, The Invincible Girl and The Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant.

"I was wondering when you were coming." Cinder said with a devious smile as she stood tall.

"Why are you doing this! For what purpose does destroying Vale and Beacon serve!" Pyrrha yelled out as she gripped her weapons tighter but before Cinder could answer the tower began to rumble before suddenly from the distance a mountain bursts open to show a dragon like Grimm beginning to spread its wings.

"You're already too late... or for atleast one of you." Cinder said looking at the bounty hunter who was giving a death glare underneath his gas mask.

Cinder then took a step foward before saying in a confident voice,
"We meet again bounty hunter I'm feeling generous today so I'll give you one last chance: Join me and you'll have all the bloodshed to satisfy you."

Pyrrha looked at the bounty hunter who looked back at her before he put his weapons away. Pyrrha's eyes widened in both shock and utter disbelief at what was unfolding in front of her. Was he really going to do this? Not just betray Ozpin but doom the kingdom of Vale in the process?

"You son of a bitch I'm in!" Hector said reaching out a hand before Cinder took it while looking at Pyrrha with a smug look, however inside Hector's head he thought.

'Gotcha bitch!'

When Hector had gotten her hand he pulled her in to give her a knee to the stomach and because of his height he pushed her back, pulled her back in and jumped up giving her headbutt. When Cinder stumbled back he quickly drew his revolver and fired at the hip which took Pyrrha by surprise which after firing three shots he then said,

"I knew you were overconfident but damn!"

Hector then looked at Pyrrha who blinked a few times before looking at Cinder and the bounty hunter who then replied while loading three new bullets.

"Wait did you actually think I was... nevermind let's just kill her and get it over with."

Cinder's eyes then burst out with orange flames before the glass shards on the floor levitated up from the ground and came together to form a a sword and said,

"You're going to regret that."

"I already regret touching your hand so way ahead of you-!"

Hector before he had to nearly drop on the floor as Cinder suddenly flew at him with her sword pointed at his head. Ducking down in time Hector held himself up with his left hand as he saw the Cinder fly over him.

When Cinder landed on a steel beam she launched herself back at Hector who smashed him down on the ground which made him sieze up as his body was hit with a wave of pain that echoed through his body.

Quickly dismissing the bounty hunter Cinder attacked Pyrrha with a overhead strike which she blocked before Cinder used her Maiden powers to emit flames from her shoes to propel her into Pyrrha and into the wall.

As Pyrrha neared the wall she began to run up that wall as she was being pushed and got Cinder in a headlock before throwing Cinder away from her.

But as Cinder was thrown back she used the glass on the floor to create a bow and some arrows which she shot Pyrrha who used her shield. However as Cinder was getting ready to land on her feet Hector used his air crystals to launch himself foward with both feet facing towards Cinder's back.

Getting launched towards Pyrrha, she bashed Cinder with her shield by thrusting foward before Cinder stood in the middle between the bounty hunter and Pyrrha.

The bounty hunter then put his revolver away before taking out Sion's sword and held it with one hand and raised it horizontally above his head.

Cinder then lifted up her left hand she and molded her glass bow into a sword before raising one sword in front of her while the other sword was held behind her but held above her head pointing the same direction.

Flames erupting from her eyes Cinder lunged at Pyrrha and attacked with a barrage of strikes from left to right and foward attacks in rapid succession but then raised her right leg to kick Pyrrha back which was empowered even more by her powers.

Quickly going to the bounty hunter who was already running at her, she swung both blades to the side which the bounty hunter blocked and locked blades.

"You should've joined me! Why risk your own life for someone who isn't worthy of- argh!" Cinder shouted in pain as she recieved yet another headbutt. Before Pyrrha came up from behind with a spear and struck her various times before Cinder wrapped her arms around her sides before extending her hands out and sending a wall of fire. Pyrrha lowered to the ground and raised her shield while Hector then jumped back towards Amber and jumping on the ground in front of her, he activated his air boosters which parted the wall of fire.

"Get Amber out of here!" Pyrrha shouted before throwing her shield at Cinder and locking blades.

Turning to Amber who had barely taken off the viscous like black tar from her face he saw the scar it left on Amber as if having been burned.

As Pyrrha and Cinder exchanged strikes Hector put Amber's arm over his shoulder before steadily lifting her up but then they heard a giant roar again which prompted everyone to look at the giant Grimm dragon that was heading right towards them.

Lowering both himself and Amber, albeit with Hector putting himself over Amber to protect her the top of the tower fell which resulted in some debris falling on Hector's back who was only somewhat protected since his sniper took some of the hits.

Unfortunately there was a gear that hit Hector in the back of the head which made him fall to the ground next to Amber. He could feel the blood starting to pour out and drip into his neck and back. He felt as if the world had suddenly began to shake and whirl around as he looked up slowly to see the dragon like Grimm in the distance making its way back.

But Hector has been through worse before as he got his footing and seeing Pyrrha use her semblance to lift a large beam and throw it at large beam of metal at Cinder which upon throwing the beam off of her Cinder's eyes widened upon seeing several gears float in the air with a black hue before suddenly slamming down on her.

As Hector finally got up and tried to carry Amber but he was immediately pushed back down when Cinder unleashed another wave of fire when getting the gears off of her.

Hector saw Pyrrha get launched back but seemingly coming out of the flame an arrow had completely gone through the heel of her foot.

Falling on her knees Cinder had then began walking towards the Pyrrha. Cinder couldn't help but see the supposed "Invincible Girl" get defeated but it brought her more joy to see the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant himself struggling to get up which she then began walking towards him with a smug smile.

Hector saw Cinder and tried standing up straight but when he tried to punch her but she grabbed his fist, twisted it and with a fiery hand punched him down on the ground. When her fist made contact with his gas mask's visor it sorta "melted" a small part of the white crudely painted smile in the far left side making it look like a small part of it was a frown.

"Pathetic." Cinder said before grabbing him but his throat and throwing him towards Pyrrha who then mustered the strength to get up and using her sword thrusted foward towards the False Maiden but Cinder with her own bare hand grabbed it.

Upon grabbing Pyrrha's sword Cinder began to crush it with both her newfound strength and power which ultimately snapper her sword in half before grabbing Pyrrha's arm with her left hand and throwing her to a nearby pile of rubble next to Amber.

Upon seeing Pyrrha's aura flicker before suddenly disappearing in a red like mist Cinder turned her attention back to the bounty hunter. To find the person responsible for so many deaths crumbling before her, to see the person who traveled around Remnant with impunity, to see the person who bested Sion the Unkillable... without an aura.

Did he really think of himself so superior than her that he could best her without an aura? Who did he think he is? All hits that he took crippled him, she could see him holding his chest as he lightly shaked beneath her in pain.

Cinder then put her foot on the Bounty Hunter's chest before slowly applying more and more pressure. However she remembered that Salem would rather take him in alive than him to be dead. He had his uses afterall. His skills would serve her master well despite Cinder wanting him dead as she held contempt for him since he hit her with his truck all those months back.

Cinder then released the pressure but didn't take her foot off his chest before saying.

"I would kill you but my master would rather have me talk through you instead so I'm asking this one last time-"

Cinder then produced a flame in her right hand as she loomed over him with a murderous gaze before saying.

"Join me... or burn with them." Cinder then pointed behind her without taking her gaze off the Bounty Hunter who lifted his head up albeit somewhat painfully.

He saw Pyrrha already getting up on one knee before grabbing Amber's arms in a attempt to wake her up.

"So what will it be bounty hunter?" Cinder asked as the flame in her hand grew more and more intense. Hector then in a quick flash in his mind remembered something important about the Maiden powers.

The powers go the the last person in their hosts mind before they die:

They cannot be old.

They cannot be a man.

But they can be a young woman... and that young woman was right in front of her.

With a single tear rolling down in his cheek from under that crudely white smile on the visor of his gas mask he solemnly thinks,

"I'm so sorry Amber... forgive me." 

Raising his left hand Cinder smirked thinking she had won but before she could grab his hand the bounty hunter while laying down quickly drew his revolver and with frightening accuracy-

*BANG

Cinder's eyes widened in both confusion and shock before turning around to see a Amber clenching onto Pyrrha's arms who was looking directly at Amber in the eyes. Pyrrha herself eyes widened in horror and mouthed gaped in shock in what had just happened before her.

Cinder then looked at the bounty hunter and yelled as she yelled,

"What did you do?!?!"

However hearing what sounded like a small child about the cry Cinder looked up to see Ruby Rose heavily breathing before suddenly screaming at the top of her legs in sheer sadness and pain upon seeing what had unfolded right in front of her.

As the darkness was ever so present as the dragon landed in the tower Ruby's eyes began to erupt in a fiery silver fire that began to quickly shine and spread.

"What?!"

Cinder yelled out in utter disbelief before the bounty hunter took the opportunity to use the last of his strength to pull himself up and unsheath Sion's sword. With one clean strike while Cinder was distracted by the silver glow that was about to swallow them he cut off her arm.

"AAAARRHHH!"

Two months later...

Beep...Beep...Beep...

Hector heard as he finally to wake up. He wasn't sure how long he was out the last thing he remembered was something hitting thr back of his head. Hector opened his slowly opened his eyes to see that he was hooked up to a sort of life support machine and a oxygen tank with a respirator covering just his mouth, nose and surrounding areas
which didn't bring back any happy memories.

He tried getting up but felt his muscles strained and his chest tensing as if someone was placing weights on him.

"Don't get up."

Hector heard which he slowly turned his head to see Traya by his bed sitting nearby before she had gotten up and stood next to him.

"You're still recovering from your battle in Beacon Academy." Traya said before Hector then asked in a raspy tired voice.

"Amber...is she safe?...Did Pyrrha... get her out?"

Traya for a moment looked away before looking down at her apprentice and saying,

"To make sure Cinder didn't recieve the other half of the Maiden powers you... killed her so that may Pyrrha be the host of the other half of the Fall Maiden's power. I'm sorry Hector."

Both Hector's mind and heart started to race trying to remember if he actually did.

"No...I couldn't..." Hector said trying his hardest to remember which after a moment it all came flooding back to him. Hector then remembered him in perfect memory quickly drawing his revolver before aiming right at Amber's head and pulling the trigger.

His fists clenched, his blood began to boil aswell as his heart.

Beep..Beep..Beep

His heart monitor began to pick up in pace aswell as Hector began to fully get up from his bed.

BeepBeepBeepBeep

Hector's heart monitor began to sound louder and louder as he unplugged his life support and began walking towards the door. He quietly said in a voice filled with hate and venom.

"...Cinder..."

Beeeeeeeep

His heart monitor then showed a flatline as Hector ripped off the respirator from his face and fell on one knee. With a blood curdling scream filled with hate Hector yelled out.

"CIIIIIINNNNDDDEEEEERRRR!"

Author's Note: One more thing I want to say is that I will continue the Mad Bounty Hunter of Remnant story that will happen throughout volumes 4,5,6.

But I am interested in writing two other stories I have in mind which I will write a prologue for. Like a sample test which you the reader will decide what story I'll write. So if you want to vote make sure to check out my profile and be on the lookout for it, which it'll probably be out by mid or late December.

There is The Muggle Born that Could which is my OC Hector in the Wizarding world where he mixes both magic and 'muggle' technology. Which ultimately brings him in the center of attention and controversy as does what many wizards and witches considered to be impossible or a insult to the very culture and way of life of what it means to be a wizard and witch while some see it as a improvement.

The other one is The Forgotten Soldiers. It's a story about three soldiers that were accidentally frozen during the height of the third World War and are unfrozen nearly 600 years later in the future where wars, famine, poverty, greed and everything that would be considered normal is a thing of the past as peace and overall a better standard of living is the new norm for the last couple centuries. And now will have to either adapt or let their old ways be the death of them.

I will as I've said before take a break since I don't want to burn myself out and because the holidays are right around the corner.

Thank you for reading and stay safe and happy holidays!

Adios!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

70.6K 2.1K 48
Fangs as sharp as swords. Wires so strong that rumors said he could trap gods. Poison so strong that it could kill or paralyze Grimm. The most wanted...
42.1K 746 14
The Apex Hunter is a ghost. Single-handedly responsible for the death of forty-two different hunters/huntresses. He shows no mercy to any hunter, you...
366K 4.7K 44
A story about a boy that joined the white fang but was left for dead. Thought his friends would help him but didn't. Only feels certain emotions. Be...
1.3K 7 8
Before Ruby Roses Birth, Her mother had been the last vampire left in all of Remnant. Every single last one but her had been killed, in a war that ki...