Suit and leather

By ChristianaThomas7

Skyler White is used to being mistaken as a guy. With her short hair, her curveless figure and her mode of dr... More

PROLOGUE: BROKEN HEART AND CROOKED SMILES.
CHAPTER ONE: ONE WAY TO KNOW FREDWARD MONTGOMERY.
CHAPTER TWO: BLEACH OR KNIFE.
CHAPTER THREE: WELCOME TO MY NEW OFFICE.
CHAPTER FOUR: A BITCH'S HIT TO THE FACE.
CHAPTER FIVE: ACCIDENT ON SET.
CHAPTER SIX: MEET THE BOYS.
CHAPTER EIGHT: PEEKING PAST AT A FANCY BALL.
CHAPTER NINE: A BINDING PROMISE AT THE BAR
CHAPTER TEN: A DRUNKEN NIGHT.
CHAPTER ELEVEN: MR OR MS SKYLER?
CHAPTER TWELVE: DARTING GAZE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE RED DEVIL AND HER ENTOURAGE
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: A BLOODY DRINK.
CHAPTER FIFTEEN : SKIPPING THE BALL TO SAVE THE DISGUISED PRINCESS.
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: WARM OR ICED WATER?
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN : A SHADE OF PINK
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: BIRTHDAY PARTY.
CHAPTER NINETEEN: 'JUST ONE KISS'.
CHAPTER TWENTY: STEAK 2.0 AND PIZZA
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: FEELINGS OF THE FEMALE COUNTERPART.
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: TWO DOWN. CUPID ACCOMPLISHED.
CHAPTER TWENTY - THREE: A FIGHT AND A KISS TO REMEMBER.
CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR: AN APOLOGY

CHAPTER SEVEN: 'HIT ME' SIGN

1.4K 78 1
By ChristianaThomas7

SKYLER'S POV

I came back to work with a clear head and hopeful heart. My streak of bad luck is over as far as I was concerned as after that accident, it had been a little over three weeks now since then and I hadn't sustained any injury. I guessed this was the job for me after all...pfttttttt. I should have known that I'll jink myself hard because another and more humiliating injury was awaiting me in future. Shouldn't have let down my  guard.

It was a bright morning, the birds were singing, the sun was shining, the sky was blue...or so I thought. I might have been hallucinating because I took that as a sign that everything was going to go well. Even stupid Albert hadn't annoyed me that morning.

Turns out the universe was buttering me up and fattening me up for the kill later in the day. I got to the company and Mr Fredward was also in a good mood which doesn't happen often.

Few hours before my lunch break I was busy sending emails that Mr Montgomery had told me to. My phone rang breaking my concentration. I picked up the phone and the voice that came from it was familiar because that voice has been calling for a week now. It was infuriating to say the least and the fact that she was one of my favorite actresses wasn't helping.

Sasha Day. One of the best actresses in the country. Beautiful, elegant, with the iconic princess smile and a great actress too. She is otherworldly and I have always admired her works. She had a way of bringing the characters to life, letting it resonates with the audience.
To the media, she is a beautiful, confident and elegant woman who takes her career seriously. And that's what I thought too. I was so wrong.

Sasha Day is Mr Montgomery's girlfriend...uhhhh no, not girlfriend, not even friend. Booty call seemed to be the right word. Mr Fredward ignores her and barely pays attention to her other than the time he wants her to warm his bed. Their relationship was anything but exclusive. But apparently Miss Sasha has other plans in her mind.

She is clingy, rude and downright mean. Every day, she calls and try to talk to Mr Montgomery or make an appointment, but it's me that have to shut her down per Mr Fredward's orders and it is me who end up at the receiving end of Miss Sasha's fury and it's safe to say that Miss Sasha WAS one of my favorites actress. The past tense emphasized.

I didn't think there'll come a day when I'll be insulted and humiliated by the sweet and elegant voice of the Sasha Day.

No one knows what's it's like to be called names in a voice that sounds like it's coming from the mouth of a fairy princess?

Scarily humiliating. That's what it feels like.

"Good afternoon Miss Day." I greeted as politely as I could as I picked up the phone.

"I want to talk to Freddy." She ignored my greetings and went straight to the point.

"I'm so sorry Miss Day, but Mr Montgomery at the moment is very busy and is unable to answer the phone at the moment. I would be happy to take a message to him." I'm getting good at this assistant thing. I can barely recognize my own voice. I sound like those nice and warm flight attendants.

"Listen and Listen carefully you distasteful bitch—" oh yes. Miss Sasha thinks I'm female as she deduced from my very female sounding voice which is true and I've never corrected her since she's actually correct. She must think that I'm a new assistant intent on sinking her claws into Mr Montgomery and dragging him into her layer.

"—i'm done being nice to you." She snarled.

You were never actually nice, but okay.

"Tell Freddy that it's me Sasha and he'll want to speak to me. Do as I say now and I won't have him fire you."

If you can actually get Mr Fredward to do something you say, I'll worship you as a goddess.

"I'm sorry Miss Sasha, you'll have to understand. Mr Fredward is very busy at the moment and he won't be please if i interrupted him."

A maniac laughter came from the other side of the phone.

Ok, she's lost it.

"You think I don't know what you are doing? You are like every other delusional girl out there who thinks she can get Freddy. You might want to sink it into your head that Freddy is mine and you should shove that stupid dream of yours down a shit hole. I'm his woman."

What happened to the elegant Sasha Day everyone knows and love?

I know. Bitchinotocies syndrome.

I was half tempted to yell at her and tell her the truth that Mr Montgomery doesn't actually give two shits about her and he had just told me to flat out refuse her and shut her down, but I'm the only one with the courtesy to come up with an excuse so as to not hurt her feelings. I'm regretting it right about now. Her feelings be damned for all I care, i couldn't be bothered.

"If you're really his woman shouldn't you have his personal number instead of bitch crying to me."

"What the hell did you just say to me?" She screamed from the other end of the phone.

"What?" Confusion settled in me.

"Do you know who I am?"

Oh shit. Did I say it out loud?

There's only one thing I can do, act innocent and clueless and hope she's dumb enough to think that she's hearing things.

"I'm sorry Miss Day but I have no idea what you are talking about. But I can check with Mr Fredward and see if he's less busy. I'll be sure to contact you if he is. Good day Miss Day." I hope you have a very bad day. I hope a big role that is supposed to be yours get stolen by a more beautiful actress. I hope your agent neglects you for a more talented actress.

I cut the call and let out a huge sigh, contemplating if I should tell Mr Montgomery but decided against it. He's just going to say the same thing he's been saying for the past week.

"Tell her I'm not interested in seeing her. If I want to see her, I know where to find her." I don't like Sasha Day... anymore, at least. But even I want to punch my boss in his devilishly handsome face. Way to be romantic boss. 

But I guess that's how their relationship works even when the feminist in me was absolutely furious.

I went on with my work and was ready to go out for my lunch break.  I was going to eat a ham sandwich at the fancy break room on the floor while scrolling through my social media pages.

Mr Montgomery doesn't take his lunch at the normal lunch break, he even rarely takes lunch at all but he asks me to bring him something sometimes but I think the man lives on coffee. But he has ordered me not to disturb him this afternoon and anything or message I have for him must wait until he's done.

I walked out of my office intended on heading towards the break room but was met with a very beautiful goddess like Sasha Day.

Shit. There goes my lunch break.

"Miss Sasha." I said as I walked towards her. "I wasn't—" my voice was halted by a loud sound. It sounds like a palm hitting a flesh.

But whose flesh? Where exactly did that sound come from?

It didn't dawn on me until the sharp sting settled on my face and send waves of aches through it and my eyes began to sting. My face was shifted to the side and my palm came up to cup my face that was  thumping weirdly, it was like I could feel my heart beat on my cheek.

And a resounding headache echoed throughout my skull.

Do I have a large 'hit me' sign on my forehead?

What was that about the shinning sun and the signing birds? The sign by the universe of a great day ahead? Safe to say that it's shit. It's all shit.

"I recognize that conniving voice anywhere." Sasha snarled before her eyes scanned my appearance.

I was in a grey hoddie twice my size underneath my leather blazer and a black jean that wasn't exactly fitting, with a make up bare face. It's been a while since I've had a hair cut and my hair was growing out quite a bit.

"You really think you have a chance?" She said in a mocking tone. But I could barely hear what she was saying as I was trying to keep the raging beast in me at bay.

I'm Skyler freaking White. I don't get bullied not for anything and not by anyone. I don't get bullied at all. If this two faced princess bitch thinks she'll hit me on the face and get away with it, then she has another thing coming, I'll bash her face in with my helmet until no one recognizes  her.

No calm down Skyler!
You can't do that! Take a deep breath! Deep breath! You can't touch her. Keep the beast at bay.
Take a deep breath!
Keep the beast at bay!
Take a deep breath!
Keep the beast at bay!
Take a deep breath!
Keep the beast at bay!

Hold in your anger. Keep an apologetic smile on your face and wait until you get home and take your anger out on the boys. Hopefully Albert does something stupid and annoying and you'll take it out on him.

My inner self tried to calm me down and I'll admit it was working a little.

"Miss Sasha that was quite uncalled for, if I've done something wrong I'll be happy to make amends. Please do not resort to violence."

She looked at me from head to toe with the look of disgust and disdain on her face and her eyes was filled with mockery.

"So you are one of those girls who have the impossible dream of being with my man." She squared her shoulders and a look of pride took over her features.

I don't know a lot of things, but I am pretty sure of who the delusional one is.

"I want to see Freddy." She demanded and without further ado went past me and towards Mr Montgomery's office.

Shit. Mr Montgomery doesn't want to be disturb. I can handle any shitty attitude towards me but if it's one that'll cost me my job then I have no indulgence for it.

I over took her and stood in front of her with a huge smile on my face.

Calm down Skyler. I know you'll very much like to rearrange her face with a punch but you have to be calm.

"I'm sorry you can't go in right now, Mr Montgomery has specifically told me that he doesn't want to be disturbed this afternoon. If you have something to tell him, I'll be glad to pass on your message and if you want to see him face to face I'll be happy to make an appointment for you in an open spot on his schedule." I said immediately with my flight attendant signature smile and pleasing tone even though I can feel my right eyebrows twitching.

A scowl immediately appeared on her face and I'll very much like to say that the scowl made her ugly and look like Ursula but even with the scowl she still looked like a goddess.

Damn her amazing genes and God unfair gift.

"Do you think I don't have an idea of your schemes? You won't be the first and definitely not the last. I'm used to it and I know how to deal with girls like you." She said pointing her finger at me like she wanted to poke my eyes with her long artificial nails.

If she does that, it'll hurt like hell.

"You are mistaken Mrs Grey. I'm just following Mr Montgomery's specific instructions."You desperate ugly clingy bitch, it's obvious he wants nothing to do with you.

The smile still remained on my face and it was hurting it. Who knew smiling so much could hurt?

"And who do you think you are to stop me?"

"His assistant." I replied immediately. My big mouth and silver tongue; one of my best assets, but I have to remember that here and I'm not the boss.

A cold chuckle escaped her perfectly shaped lips. Damn it. Her evil laugh also sound angelic. I'll feel better if  she was ugly but she's anything but.

"Not for long if I have something to say about it." She carried herself and spoke with such superiority it infuriated me.

But you don't.

"I am only acting on Mr Montgomery's orders Miss Day."

"His orders can apply to anyone but me, I'm his woman. Let me in right this minute."

Is it me or does she sound desperate?

Her eyes kept darting to the door of Mr Montgomery's office and behind all the superiority and high fashion, I could sense nervousness.

"Fine. " I resigned. I could see the spark of hope in her eyes that I would be more than happy to extinguish. "I'll inform Mr Montgomery of your presence and seek for permission."

"W-What?" Her high and superior voice reduced and I could see the teeny-tiny crack in her facade which I grabbed on to.

Oh I see.

You clever conniving bitch. I see you. I see you clearly.

I'll admit, that was clever. Intimidate the little assistant into letting you in so you'll be able to see the man you haven't been able to see.

Hahhhh. I could hear the evil chuckle in my head.

It may have  worked on the previous assistant but it's not going to on me.

"I'll inform him of your presence. I'm sure Mr Montgomery wouldn't deny the presence of his woman." I emphasized on the ' his woman '  bit a little and I tried my possible best to conceal the mockery on my face but I don't think it worked.

The expression on her face mellowed and she looked almost embarrassed but I wasn't in the least bothered. She obviously realized that Mr Montgomery doesn't want to see her and she planned to intimidate me into letting me see him so she'll commence whatever seduction plan she's hooked up in her delusional mind.

"I'm trying to give him a surprise. You telling him would just ruin the surprise. It's nothing new for a woman to surprise her man at work."

Still grappling for straws, I see.

"I would be glad to help you with your surprise and I'm sure me informing him of your presence would be surprise enough. I'm sure he'll be so glad he'll fly out of his office to shower you with his love."

Her expression changed as it seems She's realized that I've caught on to her pathetic antiques.

"You bitch." She snarled.

"Really?" I put my hand on my waist. "I wonder who was desperate enough and came here causing a scene and had been blowing up my tphone with desperate calls." I insulted, the aching smile on my face disappearing.

Who says that smiling makes you age slower, frowning feels damn good.

The superior looks on her face also disappeared. With all mask down it feels like a show down but unlike Sasha Day who doesn't have something better to do with her day, I need to go on my lunch break and get back to work.

"Now can you please leave? I have better things to do with my time than to indulge you."

"Y-You—"

"I what?" I interrupted immediately. "You should be greatful that I've not had my lunch or I'll be obligated to return the slap you had initially given me. Take the win and walk away before I get nasty."

"You won't get away with this. It's Fredward" she scoffed "I have him wrapped around my fingers, he'll be back to me and when he does, you'll be sorry."

"Yeah and pink elephants are flying over the white house and shitting purple snow." I laughed.

"You bitch! I'm his woman" She shrikes and before I could react her hand came down on my face again.

You have got to be fucking kidding me!Do I have a sign on my forehead that says hit me?
Ohh. Someone is going to die. I'm going to kill her.

She took a step towards me and I have already braced myself to take her down and show the bitch who's boss but that didn't happen. Sadly.

"What's going on here?" The authoritative voice came.

Now we know why even A class actress  is desperate for him? Damn, that voice. My inner self chipped in.

"Freddy." A total 360 change in her behavior. I almost had whiplash. She walked towards him with her signature Sasha Day goddess smile.

"I've been trying meet you all day, but your assistant here have been nothing but mean." She complained as she latched her tentacle looking hands around his arm.

Okay ,talk about a whiny bitch.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as he pulled her hands away from him and I tried to keep smile at bay. She seemed disappointed by his actions but quickly regained her composure.

"I came to see you. It's been a while." Her voice lowered and sound totally seductive as she moved closer to him and pressed her body to his.

I'm still  here.

Mr Montgomery took a step back keeping space between them.

"Freddie—" she started.

"It's Fredward." He corrected interrupted what seemed to be her sad and annoying whine.

"We were good together, no we are perfect together Fredward. Why are you doing this to us?" She asked, her time frustrated.

"There is no us Sasha. I've made that clear to you from the beginning" He said in a cold voice.

"F-Fredward." She sounded like she was going to cry. I ain't pitying the bitch. More than anything I'll like to be the one who's making her cry and preferably writhing in pain and covered in her own blood.

"You crossed a line coming here and hitting my assistant Sasha." He said with anger in his eyes. I almost felt butterflies, almost. If my face wasn't stinging and I didn't hate him for bringing this bitch into my life and having the audacity to intervene when I was about to batter her black and blue.

"It's her isn't it. It's this bitch, that's why you are doing this right? Are you serious Fredward. Look at her?" She turned her attention back to me.

Oh oh. I didn't see a reason to correct her spot on identification because I couldn't care less about who she is but certainly not this.

"Her ? You mean Mr White?" He asked with confusion lacing his voice.

"Mr?" She asked shocked.

"That's why I keep telling you that you were misunderstanding the situation. I'm Skyler White. Mr Montgomery's assistant." I immediately said to save my head.

"B-But y-your voice, on the phone. You sounded like a woman."

"I get that a lot." I feigned an embarrassed look. Her eyes scanned me from head to toe again and she didn't look convinced and suddenly, a look of recognition flashed through her eyes.

"I see." She said with assertion in her voice. "It much obvious. You are in love with Fredward aren't you Mr White?" It doesn't sound like she was really asking.

"Because you are gay." She added.

I'm sorry. What?

The haircut cut, the girl-ish face, the black painted nails.

"You are one of those that think that staying close with Fredward, that you'll somehow change him." A mocked chuckle escaped her lips

Yup..it's official, the heartbreak have made Sasha Day crazy as a cookoo clock

I looked at Mr Montgomery in panic, fearing that he'll believe whatever stupidity she was spilling out.
His eyes met mine for a moment before going over back to Sasha.

"You either help yourself out Sasha, or the security will." He came towards me and pulled my hand and headed into the office with me leaving Miss what's - her - name behind, gaping at us.

***********

Few minutes later, I was sitting on the black three sitter leatheey couch in Mr Montgomery's huge office and he was sitting next to me but we were sitting to face each other and on the coffee table next to him sat a small first aid kit.

Turns out the bitch had scratched my face and there were makes and thin streaks of open flesh with small drops of blood on the open flesh.

"I can do this myself, you don't need to help me." I attempted to collect the cotton bud dabbed in iodine solution from his hand but he moved his hand away.

"This is on me. I'll do it." He said and turned his attention to my face. Cleaning it. It felt light even though i winced from the sting, it didn't feel so bad, how could it when he's so close me, I could smell his scent all around me and it was intoxicating.

"Sorry but you'll have to hold still." He said as I winced.

His eyes were grey but not entirely grey. It was like a pale blue- ish color if you look closely enough.

Gahhhh... He's beautiful.

I could feel my face warming up and I'm sure my face was red my now and he can blame that on the slap but what about the tip of my ear?

"U-Uhhhh, you know, I deserve a raise. A huge one." I said.

"Oh?" He raised a brow as he stood up to drop the blood stained cotton bud into the waste bin, then settled besides me again helping me apply ointment on the wound with a clean bud.

"This is like what? The thousandths time I've been hit on this job. Didn't know this was part of the requirements. Seems like I need to be coming to work with my own first aid kit."I joked.

A small laugh escaped his lips and goodness did it sound delightful but he's expression changed fast.

"I'm sorry. Your roommate was right, you've been nothing but hurt since you started working here." He sounded really guilty about it. His pale blue eyes darkened some shades darker.

"Oh. Don't worry about it." I raised my hand dismissively. "It's not entirely your fault. You shouldn't feel guilty over what you have no control over." I assured him with a smile and one showed on his face too.

He looks so handsome.

"But if you are feeling real guilty about all of it, you could just give me a bigger raise. And I'll accept your apology and then keep some in a piggy bank for you for next time." That made him laugh.

I love it. I love his laugh. I love that I'm making him laugh. I love that I'm the one seeing his laugh.

Shit.

"Don't worry I'll make sure there won't be a next time."

"I'll really appreciate that." I smiled relieved that the tension had risen.

"Your hair has grown quite a bit" He said out of the blue looking at my face. It's been a while since I've had a haircut and my hair was already growing out and getting longer.

"You almost look female." He added.

"What?" I asked startled.

Is this is? Is my not so much a secret finally out?

"You have soft and smooth features like a female and your voice too—"

"Puberty." I said too fast interrupting him to stop his assessment.

"What?"

"I didn't go through puberty like all other guys."

That sure is right.

" I went through it late and my voice didn't really thicken well. But it's better now, when I was little I sounded like I sucked on helium." I chuckled nervously.

"Oh." He nodded in understanding. "You know, it's okay if you are gay, you don't  listen to whatever Sasha said."

"No. No. I'm not gay. I'm as straight as they come."

Well that is through, considering the fact that I am female and I'm very much attracted to men.

"Okay. "

"A lot of people tend to mistake my sexuality but it's fine, I'm used to it."

He was obviously not comfortable with discussing this and just wanted to clear the air. If I had told him I was attracted the men, I can't help but feel that the relationship between us now would disappear.

"So do I get a raise?" I said in a teasing voice.

"Let's see Mr White. Let's see." He said a smile coming back on his face and putting me at ease

"Thanks for saving me from her, though I wish you came at least a few minutes late."

"Why?" He asked with an amused grin on his face.

"So I could return the favors she so delightfully gave me. What?" I asked shurgging my shoulder when he gave me an incredulous look. "I'm no gentleman Mr Montgomery. I'm happy to teach any manner less man or woman few morals at anytime."

"I could deduce that when I came out of my office. That's why I intervened."

"No you didn't." I looked at him with amusement, jest and teeny-tiny anger.

"You looked more than ready to hit her back if I didn't step in, I have no doubt that you'd have. I would like to think of it as helping you from commiting such a sin like hitting a woman"

"I don't mind the sin at all Mr Montgomery and I wasn't raised right as a gentleman."

"Nevertheless Mr White."

"You know?" I looked at him with feigned innocence "now that I think about it, I should have a doctor check my face out. The first aid might have helped but I fear getting an infection and for that Mr White, I need medical fees and a medical leave."

Instead of answering me his laugh floated to my ears, settling and unsettling me.

AUTHOR'S NOTES.

It's been a while guys (。・ω・。)ノ♡
Sorry for not updating sooner. Here is the new chapter. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Until the next chapter loves༼ つ ◕‿◕ ༽つ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.6K 3.2K 33
Liam Montgomery does not know the word defeat and never will he allow himself to surrender in any battle. Being the heir to the biggest Information T...
26.3K 1.5K 56
Mila James is desperate for a job, so desperate in fact, she decides to approach billionaire businesswoman, Scarlet Ramirez. Despite knowing nothing...
3.4M 104K 70
( This is the second book of MR. BILLIONAIRE SERIES ) ANGELA ANDERSON is a 24 years old young woman, who is confident, independent, smart, and extrem...
28.2K 330 35
●COMPLETED● Kate Russo was trained by birth to be a dutiful and compatible wife for the next Don of the Italian Mafia. She was forced to become a qui...