Break From Chicago | KV

By storiesbysarah_

"I just need you ta believe in me, Kaliyah. Give me this one chance ta show you that I could be better fa you... More

Prologue: "New Years Eve Kiss"
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32: The Final Chapter

Chapter 20

5.2K 324 243
By storiesbysarah_

Another updateeee for y'all oouuuu😗✌🏾How is everyone doing btw? Yall good?👀

Let's read😈

Chicago, IL📍
Saturday, July 10
12:30am

Dayvon watched intently as Kaliyah maneuvered through the club completely in the opposite direction from him. His face was screwed up into a mug, confused as to why she even chose right now to cancel on him tonight. Clearly, something had to have happened that changed her mind about wanting to see him.

One thing about Von though, was that he wasn't going to give up that easily. He meant what he said when he told Kaliyah that he didn't plan on leaving her alone any time soon. So if there was an issue being wedged in between what they had going on, he was definitely going to fix it-

"Von?"

The sound of Asian's voice could be heard drowning through the club music just as she came right into view. She stood in front of him, waving her hands while attempting to get his attention. Dayvon found himself looking down at her, not really in the mood to be seeing Asian at all in fact.

He kissed his teeth with annoyance, causing Asian to instantly frown.

"What the hell are you doing here Von?"

She questioned, crossing her arms against her chest. She could see the irritation just resting on his face. It definitely seemed like he wasn't here for her at all actually. Asian did notice how his eyes kept looking right past her, and directly at Kaliyah instead.

That only seemed to annoy her even more-

"I came hea' lookin' fa you, Asian."

Dayvon spoke up, his words catching her completely off guard. Asian raised her eyebrows slightly, seeing him turn his focus right back onto her. She just paused, studying his face just to see how serious he was actually being.

His handsome facial features were hard to read as he eye'd her up and down a little. Dayvon was always so good at keeping his face stone cold and expressionless. For the life of her, Asian could never seem to figure out exactly what he was thinking, or how he really felt.

Her eyes moved down toward his lips, watching as his tongue licked clean across his bottom lip smoothly. She could see a glimpse of his grill, which did nothing but turn her on-

"Come on."

He motioned, gently taking her hand. Asian could feel all types of confused now as she found herself linking her hands with Von, before following him towards the exit doors. She wasn't sure what was going on, but the fact that they were holding hands right now made her feel so happy.

Is Von trying to get back with me?

She thought quietly to herself. Her hopes were up as they made it out the club and into the midnight air. The sounds outside were less hectic then it was inside. Asian just followed suit as Von lead her straight towards his car.

She could feel her lips forming into a grin, excited at the fact that Von even came looking for her tonight. Asian was so sure that he was here for Kaliyah at first, yet she stood corrected. She had this idea that Von would eventually come running back to her one of these days. Asian just felt like no other girl could ever love him the way that she herself did. Not even Kaliyah-

"Don't move."

He instructed, just as they finally came to a stop. Asian immediately jumped out of her thoughts, watching as Von let go of her hand. Instead, he began opening the passenger side door to his vehicle. She eye'd him as he bent inside the car, reaching for something.

"Umm... what's going on?"

She questioned curiously, tilting her head to the side. Dayvon ended up pulling out a small black bag, before shutting the door completely. He was silent as he turned to face her again, sticking the bag in her direction now.

"Take this."

He stated.

Asian just frowned, looking up at him with confusion before looking down at the bag. She wasn't sure what was happening here at all. She just hesitated a little, staring at the bag with puzzlement.

"Asian, I ain't got all night. Just take tha shit."

He pressed.

"But Von.. what is this?"

She stammered out, just before taking the bag from him. To her surprise, it seemed a bit heavier than expected. He just watched her as she curiously used her fingers to pull the zip, revealing nothing but straight cash inside. Asian's eyes lit up, seeing only $100 bills stacked up and rubber banded together neatly.

"Money?"

She spoke, a slight smirk forming onto her lips. Dayvon just rolled his eyes in full circle, already wanting to be done with her.

"This fa you to get up out of Kaliyah's place, and find an apartment of yo own."

He blurted out, just as Asians facial expression dropped. Her eyes met with his as he stared down at her coldly.

"What? But.. how did you know I was-"

"You should have enough for a couple months rent, and some spending money on the side until you can get back on yo feet."

He continued to speak, cutting her off. Asian could feel her mouth completely turn dry, not even sure on how to feel at this point. This was the last thing she ever expected from him. She was about to say something, just before Von moved extremely close to her, catching her off guard.

He used his fingers to grip onto her face, applying just enough pressure to assert his dominance. He adjusted her head up so that way she was looking directly at him. He wanted to make sure she was listening to what he was about to say.

"And Ima only tell you this one time Asian..."

Asian could feel her eyes widening up a bit, not even sure where this was going at all.

"Stay tha fuck away from Kaliyah. Far away. Ion eva' wanna hear about you being near ha, talking to ha, nun of that shit. You understand me?"

His tone was serious, just as she could see the dark swirls taking over the brown in his eyes. Her heart nearly dropped, seeing as though he wasn't playing around. He meant business.

Dayvon briefly paused, waiting for her to agree with his request before he would let her go. He could see Asian just glaring up at him, trying to digest this moment.

"Do you understand me, Asian? Or else I could take all this money back and-"

"Alright Von, I get it."

Asian snapped, cutting him off. Von just glared down at her, keeping his hand on her face for an extra few more seconds before finally letting go. He was internally hoping that this would be the very last time he ever saw her again.

He was completely done with Asian, and wanted nothing to do with her after this. He was also just tired of Asian getting in the way of him and Kaliyah. Dayvon was learning himself on how to be real about his feelings and emotions towards others.

And he only had Kaliyah to blame for that. Whether if she knew it or not, Kaliyah was inspiring him in ways he never had been inspired before. He had feelings for her, and he was ready to admit that. But he knew he simply couldn't do that with Asian being in the way...

"So you and Kaliyah are really getting serious with each other huh.."

Asian spoke up with disappointment in her voice. She had to admit that it did hurt her knowing Kaliyah, her own cousin, had been messing around with Dayvon this whole time.

"That's none of yo concern."

He shrugged.

Asian could feel her heart dropping some more as she stared up at him. It was no secret that her heart was breaking in this moment. Von was seriously not in love with her at all like she had hoped for. She wasn't sure why it took her so long to ever realize that, but it still hurt none the less.

"Do you love her or something?"

She questioned, seriously wanting to know.

"Like I said. It's none of yo concern, Asian."

He remained stiff, not really wanting to engage in anymore conversation with her. His dismissive attitude just made her feel slightly defeated.

"How is any of this fair to me though, Von? I've been in love with you since forever, and Kaliyah knew that. I always knew about you guys kissing on new years and that shit had me fucked up! And now look, you are just gonna leave me for her-"

"I neva' left you fa anyone, Asian. Whether if Kaliyah was in tha picture or not, you and I weren't eva' goin' ta work regardless, and you know that."

He pointed.

"And let's not forget how you was messin' around wit Duke fa years behind Kaliyah's back. I'm sure she would love ta know about that shit now would she?"

Von crossed his arms against his chest, tilting his head slightly while staring at her.

"I don't give a fuck about that! I only did that shit as get back for her kissing you on new years-"

"New years? As in 2009? You can't be serious Asian.."

Von pointed.

"That shit was over 10 years ago. We was all kids back then. You really holding onto sum lil ass innocent bullshit."

Dayvon waved her off, not even trying to hear about anything from the past. As far as he was concerned, Asian was just being petty at this point.

Asian just continued to glare up at him, huffing the air out of her mouth with frustration.

"I don't care if we were toddlers Von. She knew how I felt about you that day and she still did what she did."

She snapped.

"Well none of that shit matters anymore now does it? Cus' you and I are done."

Von began.

"But Von-"

"Seriously Asian, Ion know how many times I ca' tell you this.. but it'll never work out between us. So don't even bother sayin' nun else to me."

He motioned.

"You need ta start choosin' yoself, and find somebody that ca' treat you way better than I eva' did. You'n think you deserve that?"

Asian could feel her eyes turning watery, not really caring about anything that he was saying anymore. She knew how she felt about Von. She just couldn't understand why he couldn't ever feel the same way.

"Whatever Von. I'll stay out of your way. You and Kaliyah can go fuck each other all you want."

She sneered, just before turning on her heel. Von just watched as she stormed off right back into the club.

Chicago, IL📍
Saturday, July 10th
12:15am

*A few minutes earlier*

Kaliyah watched intently, her eyes fixed on Dayvon as he took Asian's hand with his. She could see them both exiting the club together, causing her heart to drop deeply into her chest. Her face screwed up, just as she quickly looked away.

"Uhh.. did he just leave with Asian?"

Leilani questioned, both her and Shay peeping the same exact thing. They were all currently sitting in a random section, just the 3 of them.

Kaliyah remained quiet, not even sure what was going on. She was feeling a mixture of emotions all at once. Yes, she was jealous from seeing Von leaving the club with Asian, but also she felt like she had no place to be jealous at all. Von was still Asian's ex at the end of the day.

But then why would Asian go with him after she just told me that he used to put his hands on her... ???

"Kaliyah you good?"

Shay spoke up, squeezing softly onto Kaliyah's arm.

"Yeah. Im fine."

"Girl... what happened between you and Von? Like, why the hell did he come up in here, mug us all, then leave with Asian?"

Leilani pointed while frowning her face.

"Ugh, I just don't know, honestly..."

Kaliyah shook her head. There was a brand new bottle of Hennessy on the table in front of them, along with a few red cups. Kaliyah just reached over, picking up the bottle before snatching up a cup for herself.

"Me and Von had plans to meet up tonight after the club, but then I sort of blew him off last minute."

She revealed, popping the cap off the bottle.

"No wonder he looked so pissed. Why'd you blow him off anyway?"

Shay questioned.

Kaliyah poured the alcoholic contents into her cup only half way, before setting the heavy bottle back down onto the table. The warm nutty smell of the Hennessy already began to burn her nostrils as she swirled the cup around slightly with her hand.

"Well me and Asian were talking in the dressing room earlier, and she was telling me stuff about how Von used to put his hands on her-"

"Bitch what?!"

"Excuse me??"

Both Leilani and Shay spoke in unison, just as Kaliyah let out a deep sigh. She brought the red cup to her lips, taking 2 big gulps of the Hennessy before instantly regretting it. The bitter flavor of the drink made her twitch, her face screwing up as she did her best to swallow it down.

"Kaliyah hold up- do you actually believe that Von would put his hands on Asian? Like, let's put our thinking caps on and be serious here..."

Shay began, clapping her hands together. Kaliyah placed the cup down, shrugging her shoulders.

"Look, I don't know. I mean, why would Asian lie about something like that?"

"Ummm.... maybe because she's a psycho? Not right in the head? A bitch just looking for attention?"

Leilani stated.

"Yeah I don't think Von would ever do something like that. I mean, I don't know him personally, but from what I've seen, he never gave domestic."

Shay inputted.

"Gave domestic? I'm sick."

Leilani said before letting out a laugh. Kaliyah playfully sucked her teeth, finding it funny how her friends could never be serious for at least 2 seconds.

"So basically what you're saying is, I fucked up and canceled on Von for no reason at all?"

She muttered, just as their laughter died down.

"Yes boo. You definitely did; and now he's probably giving Asian some dick, pretending that it's you he's fucking instead because I know he don't like Asian that much-"

"Okay, ew."

Kaliyah made a disgusted face, cutting Leilani off just as Shay continued to laugh. She picked up her cup again, taking another sip of her drink. This time, Kaliyah made sure to take a small sip since she still wasn't used to the flavor.

"Damn..."

She muttered, placing her now empty cup down. She couldn't help but regret the way she blew Von off tonight. I mean, it really did seem like he had something nice planned for her. She also felt stupid for even believing Asian at all about what she said.

But it was too late now, since him and Asian were probably off somewhere doing who knows what. Kaliyah chewed the inside of her cheek, already feeling the alcohol making her whole body turn warm.

"I should've never fucked him in the first place."

She pouted her lips, referring to Von.

"Awwww Kals... don't say that. You were just having your little fun."

Leilani giggled.

"Yeah Kaliyah, I'm actually surprised you even made it this far with a sneaky link. I've never seen you do anything bad like this before in my life."

Shay smirked.

"Ugh, I am a bad person huh. Sneaking around with my own cousins ex? Who did I really think I was."

Kaliyah rolled her eyes once more, instead leaning back against the hard couch. She began thinking about how she even found herself in such a mess like this anyway. She was staring to think that maybe this whole sneaky link life just simply wasn't meant for her. It was just way too messy, and ghetto.

Kaliyah was a lover girl at heart. She was the type to develop feelings and emotions towards her person. Hooking up with someone without catching any feelings for them was not her cup of tea. She would much rather be in love and all about one person, and having those same feelings be reciprocated right back.

"Nobody's perfect, Kaliyah. We're just young out here making dumb decisions. Don't beat yourself up about it."

Kaliyah could hear Shay telling her.

"Yeah I know... I think my hoe days are over."

She chuckled.

"Bitch what hoe days? You only messed with one person. I've done waaayyy worse than you."

Leilani stated, just as they all started to laugh again.

"Well I'm just saying, this sneaky linking, side bitch, hoe life is clearly not for me at all."

Kaliyah playfully shot back.

The music in the club seemed to be getting louder, just as Kaliyah could still feel herself becoming a little bit more tipsy. The song Took Her To The O' by King Von began playing, almost sounding like an echo to her throughout the club. Kaliyah sucked her teeth in annoyance, just as everyone else in the club began turning up.

"I'm sorry Kaliyah... I know you in yo feelings about Von right now, but this is my shit!"

Shay shouted, just before pointing her fingers while busting out the lyrics.

"Just got some top from this strippa' bitch! She from Kankakee! Just bought a glock wit a ruler clip, boy don't play with me-"

Both Shay and Leilani began yelling out the lyrics, the two standing up to dance. Shay wasted no time bending over, shaking her ass with Leilani doing the exact same thing. Kaliyah just laughed, having no choice but to join in on their shenanigans.

"This bitch a hoe! Met ha at the sto'! You know how it go! She wanna smoke, so I bought some dope and took her to the O!"

The girls all rapped the lyrics in unison, along with the rest of the club that was turning up to the song. Everybody seemed to be on the floor now as they all went crazy with the music. Kaliyah was so engulfed in turning up, she didn't even notice a tall, big looking man suddenly approaching their section.

"Miss Kaliyah Ross?"

The sound of his deep voice could suddenly be heard, almost startling the girls as they all looked up. There, they could see this huge man, who in fact looked like a security guard towering right in front of them. The girls instantly stopped dancing, instead getting quiet for a few seconds, confused as to who he even was or why he said Kaliyah's whole government name.

"Uh.. yes?"

Kaliyah squeaked out. The man just looked her up and down before speaking again.

"Mr. Bennett would like for me to escort you out to his vehicle-"

"Oop."

Leilani quickly snickered, just as Shay raised her eyebrows up curiously. Kaliyah could instantly feel her cheeks turning warm by the second now, with her mind beginning to race.

I could've sworn I saw Von leave with Asian..

"Bitch you better not keep that man waiting for you."

Shay insisted, snapping Kaliyah right out of her thoughts. She just glanced over at her friends, watching as they began to grab up her purse and bag for her.

"Here, don't forget your phone too. And text us to let us know that you're good, or if we need to come out there and beat some ass."

Leilani stated, just as the girls began handing Kaliyah her stuff.

"But-"

"No buts, Kaliyah! Just go and get yo man. Don't worry about nothing else!"

She could feel herself being pushed now as the girls nearly kicked her right out of the section.

"Sheesh... okay damn."

She chuckled, playfully rolling her eyes. The girls waved at her as Kaliyah huffed lightly, before following the security man through the club. He made sure to clear a path, pushing people out the way as he lead her toward the exit.

Right as they were walking, Kaliyah surprisingly spotted Asian standing by the bar with Bella. And Asian did not look happy at all.

She just glared at Kaliyah, almost sending daggers in her direction. Kaliyah could only wonder about what type of conversation Asian and Von might've had before this.

Did he tell her about us?

She thought quietly to herself. At this point, Kaliyah had a feeling that Asian might've known, which only made her feel slightly sick to her stomach.

Welp, the cats out the bag now bitch. You just gotta keep moving.

The voice in her head spoke up, just as she made it toward the exit doors.

The cool night air hit Kaliyah's face as the security guard held the door for her. She stepped outside, already seeing Dayvon's hellcat parked right in front. She could feel her heart racing still, the drivers side door opening up before Von got out.

His eyes immediately landed on her, Kaliyah feeling her nerves kicking in since he still didn't look too happy. He just had a resting mug on his face, licking his lips slightly while making his way toward the passenger side.

"I'll take these from you, miss Ross."

The security spoke, Kaliyah feeling her bags being taken from her. Instead, the security man just made his way toward the trunk, opening it up before setting her belongings inside.

Her eyes found their way back to Von, watching as he simply opened the car door for her, motioning for her to come.

"Come on, Kaliyah. Get in the car and stop playin' wit me tonight."

He instructed.

Clearly, he was still mad about her attempting to cancel on him. A small part of her thought it was cute, given the fact that him being upset only confirmed that he truly wanted to see her after all.

Like... that's literally all he wanted.

Kaliyah just eye'd him for a few seconds, nibbling at her bottom lip. She found herself doing exactly as he said, deciding to make her way toward the car. She would be lying if she said she wasn't internally excited that he still wanted her here, even after she gave him the run around.

Dayvon just kept his eyes fixed on her, taking in all of her beauty. Once she got close enough to the car, he reached his hand out, gently grabbing on to her arm. She stopped in her tracks, just as he made her look up in his direction.

"Why you playin wit me for? Actin' like you ain't tryna see a nigga tonight. Is you still mad at me about sum?"

He questioned, tilting his head slightly. She could see him tuck his bottom lip underneath his teeth, showing off how sparkly the diamonds in his mouth were. His brown eyes just stared lustfully into her face, giving her nothing but straight butterflies.

"I have my reasons Von."

Kaliyah answered him, her voice sounding like velvet to his ears. His eyes studied her face, admiring how glossy and brown her lips were.

"Well you'n gotta worry about nun of those reasons. I took care of it."

He stated.

Kaliyah just frowned, wondering if he meant he took care of Asian. He could see the confusion written on her face, already knowing she was about to question him.

"Don't even worry about it right now. We got a whole flight to catch, and you about to make us late."

He pointed. She was about to say something, just before Von leaned down, pressing his lips gently against hers. He simply couldn't help himself, feeling the sparks between them as he pecked her lips softly.

Kaliyah felt herself blushing hard, just as his pecks turned into an actual deep kiss. His tongue licked against her bottom lip sensually, tasting the sweet flavors of her lipgloss. She could feel his other arm snake around her waste, just before her body pressed firmly up against him.

Kaliyah nearly stood on her tippy toes, twisting her head while kissing him back deeply. She honestly didn't care about anything in this moment, just as she let her arm slide around his neck pulling him closer. She could feel his hand moving down her back, making its way to her ass before squeezing it with his fingers.

There was no denying the feelings that they felt for each other. Sneaky link or not, there was something real growing between them. Hell, Asian could've walked out right now and caught them kissing in the parking lot like this, and Kaliyah still wouldn't have cared, sorry to say!

That's just how Von made her feel. Whenever they were together, nothing else seemed to matter...

"Fuck.."

Dayvon grumbled, pulling away. He nearly had to stop himself from wanting to do more than what he could in this moment.

"I swea' I'a do things ta you right now in front of this damn club..."

He whispered, licking her lipgloss off his mouth with his tongue. She just blushed, seeing as he began to smirk handsomely at her.

"Where are you taking me, anyway?"

She said curiously, just before pulling away. He motioned for her to take a seat in the car, which she did not hesitate to do.

"You ever been out tha states before?"

He questioned.

Kaliyah could feel her eyebrows going up, just as he gave her a slight grin before shutting the door.

________________________
Ooouuu where y'all think Von is taking her? To the O? 😂💙

Don't you guys feel bad for Asian though? She clearly is in love or obsessed with Von, but you can't force somebody to love you back am I right?😩

Ima make her wanna get revenge on Kaliyah real badddd lmfaooooo 😈🤣🤣

Stay tuned 😏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 20.4K 25
"You can't see the future. I might have a chance. You don't know for sure." He mumbled, making her expression soften. "M-my mom used to tell me t-tha...
156K 4.4K 33
Her mom left her and her sister to live her best life. India is 19 years old and trying to take care of her 3 year old sister Skylar with the help of...
1M 29.4K 44
𝙪𝙧𝙗𝙖𝙣 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 | 𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 I went silent just resting my thoughts on the idea of l...
447K 24K 123
THIS IS A TRILOGY TO CRAZY STORY , AND GRANDSON Reader discretion is advised Kennedy and Vons roller coaster continues as he asks her to be his wif...