Tesoro

By lovinraura_

A man in power. A woman that craves it. - Success Laura Marano was certain she was destined to reach it, onc... More

Chapter 0 -
01 | Change
02 | Mr. Lynch
03 | Pretentious Prick
04 | New Strategy
05 | Fire And Ice
06 | Wicked Game
07 | The Cutie
08 | Earn It
09 | Trust
10 | Office Gossip
11 | Phone Number
12 | Questions
13 | Stolen Cigarette
14 | Cut The Tension
15 | Guilty
16 | Lollipop
17 | Wife
18 | Flirt
19 | Gift
20 | Counting
21 | Bloody Lips
22 | Cold Shoulder
23 | A Lynch
24 | Gloves
25 | The Welcoming
26 | Kiss, Don't Tell
27 | In A Different Way
28 | A Mean One
29 | Clothes Off
30 | Ice Skin
31 | I'm Not Nice
32 | The Breakdown
33 | Louie's Disaster
34 | Exposed Secrets
35 | Aftermath
36 | Between us
37 | Mystery Girl
38 | Hawk
39 | Apart of me
40 | Trouble
41 | My World
42 | Sour Thoughts
43 | Lost In Love
44 | Locket
46 | Nightmare Of A Dream
47 | His Smile
48 | My Love Or My Life
49 | I Need You
50 | Epilogue
51 | Epilogue
New Announcement

45 | Stained

738 58 131
By lovinraura_

NOTE :

this chapter starts out with a song, which is available to listen as a reel on @titledtesoro • Instagram (not available on youtube). please take the time to listen for a better reading experience.

thank you!

Ross' Pov

I braced myself for whatever she'd do. I was never too certain, and I sure as hell didn't know now.

Now that she'd kept me away.

From the way that her dark eyes shifted, or her stance, I could tell she was up to no good. My black swan.

The slightest movement of that dress exposed so much of her thigh- I was ready to jump.

My eyes were glued to her movements, her face, her hair- so I couldn't possibly miss, when she leaned on the mike, as the music started.

One.. hauntingly beautiful tune played. It went on for a while, putting me in a sort of trance.

Her sweet voice, took me right out.

"You were the one, the one that I could run to" she closed her eyes "You were the one, the one, that I would beg for, no"

She removed the mike from the stand, walking away from it - her hips moving slowly "And you were the one that made me believe that I could be better"

I took a deep breath, hoping those lyrics weren't for me. Hoping she hadn't thought I'd bettered her in any way.

Clearly, she could shine brighter without. I wouldn't dare dim her light, but mistakenly.. I had.

"Yeah, you were the one
The one that I would run to" she caressed her hair, and I could see her stare at the crowd of desperate men in front of her.

"Now I'm stained by you" the music suddenly hit stronger, as her affect ungolfed the room "Like a coffee ring upon this table, I'm unstable, I am stained by you"

By her sexy movements and her traces of all the places of her body I'd been once touching, I could tell she'd had a drink or two before.

"Like a goddamn soldier that just
Can't forget the battle i am stained by you" her eyebrows narrowed, as she looked down, as a hand reached out to touch her leg.

One she ignored, walking away from the guy.

"Like a coffee ring upon this table
I'm unstable, I am stained by you"
By you, by you, oh oh"

Her voice soft as velvet as her eyes roamed the room, and they went everywhere.. but me.

The message was unclear on if she was singing to me- but my heart burnt in a way that wished she was, yet at the same time ...wish she wasn't.

Had I affected her in the way she had me? Could she see the glaring past and moments, every time she was reminded.

Could she see how she'd took my soul- and now I could no longer live?

Had my hands on her skin, stained her?

"You had a way of making me feel special, yeah" she continued, sitting on the floor, and leaning on some men sitting on the front lines- looking up at her.

She reached out to touch the face of one of them "Then take it away and say I wasn't special no" before snatching her hand back.

She was shaking her head, and teasing them, and they were ignoring her words- concentrating on her sultry murmurs and movements.

I wasn't sure what stung more - her words, or watching the men she'd decided to play with tonight.

"And now it's messed up that bad kind of love is the only thing that makes me better" her beautiful eyes seemed almost teary from the distance, as she lifted herself up "Yeah, you had your way
I'm trying to pull myself together"

My heart was practically yelling at me to take her and run away somewhere. Make her happy.

But my attention was stolen for a second, when I saw Devon shift his chair to look at the stage better, smiling like a shithead, as if he fed off of misery.

Then again, he wasn't special in that way.

"'Cause now I'm stained by you
Like a coffee ring upon this table
I'm unstable, I am stained by you" her finger tips traced up her thighs, lifting her dress to where it almost exposed her, before it fell down again.

Obviously the crowd went wild. I was going to gauge everyone's eyes out, starting with Dick here, or whatever his name was.

She was good at pissing me off, and if that was the purpose of this, congratulations sweetheart.

May the bastard that touches you rest in hell.

"Like a goddamn soldier that just
Can't forget the battle i am stained by you" she lifted her head, tracing her neck with that delicate hand of hers "Like a coffee ring upon this table, I'm unstable, I am stained by you by you, by you, oh oh"

I basically swallowed half a glass of beer, before slamming it on the table, and rubbing my eyebrows before looking back at the stage.

She didn't have to offend me if she was mad. She didn't have to try too hard. She could just choke me in jealousy - and god fucking hell she knew that.

"Oh, it should be easy to let you go
But I love you and I hate that you know"

My face fell, as I looked up.

Did I know, Laura? Did I know that you loved me? How could I ever fucking know?

"It should be easy to let you go
But I love you and I hate that you know" she seemed breathless and flushed, and my mind was boggled.

Frustration, sadness and confusion mixed in one, and I had no legs to stand on.

It can't be for me. Maybe I was taking her lyrics too literally.

"Now I'm stained by you" she looked up, closing her eyes as she opened her arms.

What I didn't expect, was the water that splashed on her from above.

My eyes widen, as her hair and clothes wet, and she looked at the surprised crowd, taking a deep breath of satisfaction.

"Like a coffee ring upon this table
I'm unstable, I am stained.. by you" her eyes finally caught on mine "Like a goddamn soldier that just
Can't forget the battle i am stained by you"

Her hands were pulling at her dress, now wet and stuck to her body, as she lowered herself to sit on the stage "Like a coffee ring upon this table
I'm unstable, I am stained by you"

I felt dizzy in love, as she stared at me "By you, by you, oh oh"

And as her eyes shut, and the haunting melody continued to play, my doubts disappeared.

Yes, she was singing to me.

I couldn't deny, she drove me insane- and when Devon joined in on the whistles that everyone was throwing at her, I looked back at him.

As if feeling my glare, he looked back, before shutting the fuck up and sitting down.

I blew a breath, muttering a curse before looking back at the stage.

Only for her to have disappeared.

The show was over- more lights turned on, as everyone started getting up to leave.

I sat up, madly walking past tables and people to reach to the stage.

I didn't even know what the fuck I was going to say to her - maybe nothing at all or all at once, but I needed her now.

Once I stumbled backstage however, I found Larry yelling at her.

"Pull your little stuns out of here" he glared at her "There's fucking water everywhere and you look like a slut-"

In just a few overheard words, I could feel my anger levels skyrocket, and just as I was about to step up, she spoke up instead "Fuck you."

He looked surprised.. almost shocked. I guess he hadn't heard her talk back before.

But I had- more than I would care to admit, and fuck, wasn't it the sexiest play every time.

"What did you just say to me?" he looked down at her.

"Are you deaf?" she looked up at him "My little stunt and song probably made you more money in an hour than all you've made since you opened up this bar. If you were smart, you'd pick up on that. Either way, good luck finding another crowd favourite singer."

My eyebrows raised at that, as Larry started yelling again.

She was leaving? But why would she listen to me now?

"Are you quitting on me you bitch? Oh I'm going to-"

"What are you going to do" I questioned, as they both turned to me - taking notice of my presence.

"Mister Lynch I uh-" he stammered.

"What are you going to do, Larry?" I walked up to him "I'm asking nicely. Please do tell."

I could practically see the old man sweat, as he looked up at me.

"Look it's not as it seems. She-"

"Has been taking your shit for too long." I filled in his sentence "I told you to cut it out. Do you wanna know what happens to people that don't obey me, old man?"

"Look I-"

"Scram" I yelled at him "Before I fucking change my mind."

He did not take a look back, and as he disappeared, Laura stared at me.

I could see Gema right behind her - looking at us from afar.

We stared at each other for a moment, before Laura approached, wanting to walk past me "Don't run."

She came to a halt, her shoulder to my arm, taking in a breath as she looked up.

She'd stopped right beside me - staring with those round gorgeous eyes of hers. Her hair still wet.

"Save your words." she whispered "I don't care."

"Laura-"

Before I could even get another word out, she'd ran down the stairs, and I could imagine she was heading for the door.

I looked back at Gema, and she furrowed her eyebrows at me "Are you just going to fucking stand there?"

"She said-"

"Run" she insisted.

For once, I listened to her, and took a breath before running after Laura and outside the bar- into the winter air.

Worry took over me, knowing the wet clothes she'd just ran outside in - and the wind was brisk.

That paired with the fact that she was in a dangerous zone, and the fact I had no clue what way she'd went - stressed me more.

I dialed her number, running to my car.

Laura's Pov

I hadn't ran for long- not as long as I had hoped, when I couldn't take it anymore.

I broke down.

The streets were empty and cold, and I was on the side of the building, burying my face in my hands and crying.

It was all coming out. The good, the bad and all in between. All my mistakes, all of his. What we'd become.

What I'd just done.

Because for god's sake, I knew I cared for nothing more than him. I... he.. knew I loved him.

I confessed, even in a not so traditional sense. Even if we never made this into something - at least he knew. That's all I cared about.

I wanted to make him mad for what he did to me. All I ended up doing was feeling more angry at myself for tearing us apart.

I always thought I'd be him. Not me.

The shivers on my body mixed in with my hot tears, and I wanted to throw up. I needed to get up, yet I couldn't.

But it was all going to turn from bad.. to worse.

Because what I truly didn't expect, was to see a man's black shoes in front of me.

When I didn't recognize them, I looked up- and I didn't even get to see their face, before he shoved a bag on top of my head.

"Help!" I screamed, trying to get away, but he kept my body locked in his, and there was more than one. I knew because they were laughing.

I struggled to breathe with the bag on my head, but didn't't stop trying to fight for my life a second. I couldn't believe what was happening. I couldn't believe anything.

My adrenaline took over, leaving any logic out- and I practically clawed at the hands holding me back.

I couldn't scream or yell anymore - he'd shut my mouth, but I managed to rip away at the bag a bit, and kick him with my heel.

I heard a grown, and as his hands loosened on me- I slipped out.

Immediately, the other man caught me, and a sob escaped my throat.

I cried, I screamed and kicked, until there was nothing left in me.

I was feeling a bit.. drowsy.

Ross' Pov

I drove for what felt an eternity, taking several roads- calling her phone.

Nothing was working. So much so, I ended up right where I started. At the bar.

Desperate, I got out of the car, cursing under my breath as I ran - looking around the streets like a crazy person.

It was about thirty minutes or so into my run, when I turned my head - and something caught my eye.

Two people on the side of a grey building- holding onto another person.

A girl.

With a bag over her head.

My heart beat at my ears as I ran straight to them, hoping to fucking god that it wasn't her.

Please, please not her.

But my prayers weren't answered- when I recognized her dress.

The fact that she wasn't kicking or screaming, alarmed me even more. They were carrying her limp.

When they noticed me- they tried to run away- but I saw red. I headed right for them- pulling my gun out and shooting.

I didn't even know where - it was a fucking blurr. I couldn't think. I couldn't see- I just knew I needed her in arms alive.

As I tried to dodge the bullets- yet ran right for them- I managed to grab onto the shithead that had been carrying Laura.

The bag once on her had slipped off, reveling her face. Her eyes closed. She was unconscious.

And even as a bullet grazed my shoulder, I screamed, punching the shit out of the first guy - just enough for him to almost drop her.

I bent down, having her fall onto me, and grabbing her as quickly as I could - now running away.

They kept shooting and following me behind, and my tears and sweat dripped onto her body.

Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.

I couldn't forgive myself. I couldn't. Please.

Finally, I entered a garage, where I found a corner and managed to hide from them.

They followed me in and searched the area, and the more I saw of their faces - the more I could actually recognize them.

Ezra and Leo.. Tatum's Dead Eyes.

The motherfuckers that tried to kill the love of my life.

I saw no logic in holding up the façade anymore - in acting as if anything meant anything. This wasn't about gangs. This was human to human.

So once his back had turned to me, I took the opportunity to shoot.

The bullet flew right to his neck, and he fell to the ground, letting out a growl.

Ezra took notice, looking back at me and pointing his gun.

He was too late - I'd already taken a shot at his chest.

He fell down in pain, and I wasted none of my time to try and get Laura and I out of there, as I held her in my arms.

It took struggle to keep her up, as I'd been shot as well. Her purple lips, the locket dangling around her neck made me almost lose it.

She'd been wearing it this whole time.

I laid her in the backseat of my car once I found it - checking in on her heart rate and pulse, both of which, were beating.

There was no sweeter sound.

Some realief finally washed over me, but I was still worried fucking sick.

Tears spilled out as I noticed some of the colour on her face came back, as I tried CPR.

It took a few hollow breaths, to have her cough and move her face - yet her eyes remained shut.

"Just a few minutes my love. Stay strong." I kissed her cheek, before placing my jacket over her body and buckling her in, as I got in the driver's seat to drive to the nearest hospital possible.

I got out of the car, picking her up bridal style - my jacket still on her, as I rushed her inside.

"My wife needs help!"

Laura's Pov

"Ross! Ross! Look."

I hear a whisper, as I try to open my eyes.

There's a bright light glaring at me as I blink, but once my eyes adjusted - I could see.

I looked down, and my head hurt. The room was practically spinning. My vision sort of blurry, and I could hear my own heart at my ears.

"Tesoro" his sweet voice awakness me better, as his fingers rub against my cheek in a comforting way "My love- you're awake."

Shivers run down my body, as my eyes open up a bit better.

I can see him fully now, Ross sitting beside me - and some of my friends at the foot of my bed - some of them on the side.

They keep talking about me, asking how I'm feeling, but my eyes adjust to Ross' bandaged shoulder instead. Where did he get that?

I reach out to touch it, and he looks down, picking up my hand instead, and lowering it on the bed with his.

"Where am I?" I question, not really recognizing the place.

"You're at the hospital." Camille spoke up - she was standing opposite to Ross, next to my head "Gosh, you must be so confused."

That one she was right about.

"Do you remember anything?" Nick spoke up next, and I lifted my hand to rub my eyes- trying to remember anything that had happened to me.

"Louie's" I mumbled, then looked up at Ross "You"

"You were attacked." Ross whispered, looking down at me "They tried to kidnap you by placing a bag full of sleeping gas over your head."

My eyebrows narrow, as I stared at him.

He's playing with my hair.

"Who?"

"Dead Eyes." he mumbles, shaking his head "But I took care of them. Won't bother you again."

The last time he said that, it was about that girl.. and I hadn't seen her since.

"He saved your life." Gema spoke up, nodding - an emotional look on her face.

My eyebrows narrowed, as I looked at her, then at Ross again.

"I'm sorry" he whispered "I'm sorry for what happened. I'm sorry you're in pain. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you."

I shook my head at his words.

I didn't want to think about it, or anything for the matter, right now. I couldn't care less.

He saved me. I was alive. That's all that mattered.

So I took his hand in mine once again, placing it on my chest and squeezing it, as I closed my eyes.

"You need some rest" he whispered.

"I need a lot more than rest" I mumbled, as a few chuckles spread.

When I opened my eyes again, he was still staring at me.

I sighted "Thank you for not letting them take me."

"Over my dead body" he threatened "Fuck, you scared me so bad. I didn't know I had all those tears in me, baby. I've never been more glad to see those pretty eyes awake."

I smiled slightly, and as I looked back at my friends - Nick and Gema letting out an awe.

"I'm sorry Cam" I looked back at my friend "I'm weak."

She rolled her eyes at me, smiling "Fucking hell I'd be weak too, but you're still crazy."

"Crazy" I nodded, looking back at a smiling Ross "Yeah"

"Gosh, Laura. We fucking freaked out when Ross told us" Nadia placed a hand on her heart "We wanted to call Ellen, but ultimately decided it was your choice to let her know or not."

Immediately, I shook my head no.

"My mother doesn't need to freak out and worry being where she is. I'll be okay."

Camille nodded, petting my hair.

I noticed Sebastian wasn't with her - maybe he was taking care of Daisy?

"Did they say how long they're keeping her for?" Nick questioned, looking back at Ross.

"She can go home tonight." a nurse walked in, pushing everyone away from my bed so she could check on me.

Including Ross- but he still stood close the bed, hands crossed.

I took my time to look at the hospital room instead - it was a pretty hospital room. Is this how being sick in the wealthy world was?

Well, I'd have to have a private nurse- but clearly, and thankfully, I didn't need that.

Still, I knew Ross had paid for it.

"Apart from the sleeping gas which has its own effects on the body, she only had a few scratches up her arms and the one on her cheek." the nurse pointed out.

I touched the bandage I'd just realized was placed on my cheek, as she stared at me "You'll be fine Miss Marano, but I would advise you take care of yourself for a few days as you'll be feeling sickly. Your husband said you were out for a few minutes."

My eyebrows raised, and as she readjusted my IV.

I stared up at Ross - who had no reaction to her words, before looking back.

"Obviously some of those symptoms are due to other reasons as well. Thankfully the baby wasn't affected -"

"Baby?" Ross questioned, as I looked up at the nurse.

Time almost stopped, as my heart froze. It felt like everything and everyone did - silence taking over the room.

I looked back at him, hands shaking, as his eyes widened.

"Laura, what baby?!"

☽。⋆.

hellooo

bet you didn't expect a new chapter so soon with my upload schedule lately, but here we are.

now this chapter.. oh I hope you're okay. I know you went through a lot. *pat pat* good job on making it through

it was a bit of a worldwind, but I hope you enjoyed it, and I hope you're as excited as me for the next one 🤭

any assumptions on what happens next? and how are they going to handle this? please, oh please do tell. I'm so curious.

if you follow me on Instagram you also may know I did a sticker where you guys gave some song suggestions on which one would be the song for Laura.

honestly, I'd picked Stained long ago, and completely forgotten about it. It's my favourite unrealised song of Selena's and I thought it really matched so well with Laura. I'm still so glad I did it though because literally the title of the last recommended song reminded me of Stained.

also!!!! the fact that I couldn't add the full song onto the chapter like I usually do was so annoying. I literally did everything EVERYTHING in order to do it but I couldn't.

There's another version of it on youtube, and it's messy at the end and the song is louder than sel's voice, and it's just really not good so I didn't wanna add that- but I found the full GOOD song on tiktok.

I tried to upload it as a video- copyright. I tried to upload as a short- copyright. Will wattpad let me add any other videos that aren't on youtube? nope.

I had no choice but to create another video with the song myself, and upload it on @titledtesoro on Instagram, and just tell you where to find it.

I would add the link, but only web users can see that and I know damn well y'all are laying in bed rn scrolling on your phone even though you're supposed to be asleep. you are NOT going to go through the effort of opening your laptop for me lmaoo 🤣

I know my audience. I AM my audience.

Anyways, I hope you liked the song, and I hoped you liked this chapter as well. Please please vote and comment, and tell me every little random thought in your head. I love it.

And I love youuu.

see you soon & more surprises to come. 'tis the season ;)

_G

60 votes and 58 comments required for next chapter!

follow my book's Instagram page for more updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 2.4K 45
#fanfiction On the day of his best friend's wedding, 21 years old Ross Lynch relives the past by meeting good-looking, tattooed, troubled girl of his...
18.3K 487 22
"Thousands of hot, famous, teenage guys in LA, and I had to make the stupid mistake of picking Ross Lynch to be my launchpad to fame." Courtney rants...
89.2K 4.1K 27
"What could possibly go wrong? Dating a legendary rockstar could only mean good things right? Okay, maybe a few bumps in the road. Or maybe a lot. ...
60.2K 1.6K 43
I SUGGEST NOT READING THIS I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS TWELVE OR THIRTEEN Laura Marie Marano, a simple yet misunderstood girl who lives in LA, goes to M...