Forever family

By lionesseslovr08

*coming soon* Start date: 08/09/2023 End date: ???? More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-two
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six

Chapter twenty-one

1K 31 1
By lionesseslovr08

A/N: Merry christmas everyone hope you all have a good day for those that celebrate and i promise chapters will continue in the new year around mid jan time there will be another chapter later on today after ive had my christmas dinner xx

"Did we win?" I whisper to Leah

"Yeah, Beth and Viv both scored" She whispers back

"That's good" I say yawning at the end of my sentence

"Get some sleep Ro, you sound exhausted"

"Ok" I whispered back and soon enough I was asleep with my favourite person in the world.

It's now a few days after I was let out of the hospital. I spent the first 3 days at Kim's house as per the doctor's wishes, then I came home yesterday. Today was the last game of the season. I was going to watch it with Beth's mum and dad in the family and friends section. They were playing West Ham at Victoria Road.

I had travelled up with the girls last night, although me and Leah sat near the front away from the noise. I tried telling her I would be fine on my own but she insisted on sitting with me. She's been acting a bit weird recently, always hiding her phone away from me but she always wants to be by my side. It's confusing.

As the girls went off to do their pre-match meeting, I thought I would go and meet up with June and Richard, Beth's parents who I was sitting with for the game. Me and Coco finally made it after having to make a detour outside so she could have a wee before the game. As I looked around I couldn't see them, until I saw two arms at the top of the stand waving at me.

I waved back and started the small trek up the stairs, slowly might I add because of the little legs slowing me down. As I reached them, June was the first one to pull me in for a hug,

"Hello, sweetheart, how are you we watched what happened at the game"

"Yeah I'm getting better now I should be able to make it to the England camp if Sarina wants me so"

"Oh well i'm sure she will want you"

As soon as she pulls away Richard then pulls me in for a hug

"How are you superstar" Whenever he called me this, it made me smile because it's what my grandad would call me after he came to watch one of my games, I was only 6 when he died so I don't really remember that much of him

"I'm good, doing better than the other day"

The girls had gone back inside before I could sit down and see them warm up, but people were starting to settle down knowing that they would be walking out any second. Everyone looked confused when Leah ran out of the tunnel with no one behind her, it wasn't even kick off time yet.

They were all even more confused by the ear defenders she had in her hand. I knew exactly what they were for. Ignoring the shouts from staff who had been by the sidelines, she jumped over the barrier and ran up to where we were sitting.

"Hey my love, I forgot to give you these" She said, bending down to kiss me on the forehead, passing me the ear defenders, everyone let out a collective 'ooh'.

"Thanks but you could've just got one of the staff members to give me them"

"I know but I wanted to see you before we came on, but I've got to go back now they're all waiting for me"

"Ok, go, I love you"

"I love you too" She shouted running back down the stairs and hopping back over the barrier ignoring the telling off she was getting and just walking back into the tunnel.

The game was eventful, getting 1 yellow card for each team, but Arsenal taking the win 2-0, with Stina and Steph scoring goals. At the end of the game, as it was the last of the season, I was allowed on the pitch with all the family members, with Coco.

The first person I went up to was Jonas as he said he would look after her whilst I went to sign peoples shirts.

"Hello Rosie, and hello little Coco, how are you"

"I'm good thanks, getting better I think im coming into the training grounds tomorrow just for a checkup whilst the rest of the girls are doing their recovery"

"That's good then, you'll be back in no time, hoping for the euros call up"

"Yeah I hope so but I understand if not, I know I'm young and my time will come soon enough, there are better more experienced players out there I know there is, so if Sarina wants them instead of me, I won't be upset I'll still go to every game and support them"

"You're great Rosie, I hope you know that, now you go and speak to people, I can hear them shouting your name. I'll look after this little one."

"Thank you Jonas, that really means a lot to me"

"I know it does now go, your shirts are on a seat where the subs were sat"

"Thanks" I say walking over to the sub bench where I was going anyway as Beth, Viv and Katie were all there speaking to each other.

After giving away my shirt and singing about another million, it was finally time for us to go back to London, back home. Tomorrow me and Katie will fly to Ireland to see her family for 2 weeks before coming back home and, if I make it, going to the England camp.

We made it home around 9PM, so me and Katie decided to have an early night as we had to get up early for our flight in the morning. I had packed my suitcase before we went up to Sheffield, so all I had to do in the morning was pack my toothbrush and put a few extra things like chargers and my ipad into my aeroplane bag.

In the morning I woke up on my own accord, no Leah pulling the duvet off me, no Beth and Katie jumping on top of me or Viv pulling open the curtains. I just woke up, which was very weird. I got out of bed and went to the toilet and made my way downstairs, they were all sitting there crowding around Leah's phone with sad looks on their faces.

"Are you all ok, what are you looking at" This must've startled them because they all jumped up Leah clutching her phone to her chest

"It was nothing"

"Yeah, just one of them stupid soldier coming home videos that are really sad"

"Ok, well i'm going to make my breakfast but you do you" I say the confused look now on my face, that is definitely not what they were doing.

After breakfast and Katie remembering to pack everything she needed we all headed in the car to go to the colony for recovery, and a checkup for me. It was a pretty quiet car ride there, just quiet conversations with the music at a low volume in the background.

When we got to the colony, I headed straight to the medic room whereas the rest of the girls went to the gym to do a bit of rehab before they had to get in the ice bath.

All they had to do was check my vision and how my ankle was healing, only a 10 minute checkup before they said I could go. They also recommended doing an ice bath with the girls as it might help with my ankle but I don't have to if I don't want to.

It was nearing the end of their rehab session and Katie was running late as usual, she had apparently lost her trainers somewhere and had us all looking for it. However Katie being Katie, Steph found it already packed in her bag.

After a mad rush from Katie and Leah panicking that we were going to be late, we finally made it to the airport and dropped our bags off. All we needed to do now was go through security. Luckily we haven't been noticed yet and I'm hoping we won't be at all.

Security was a breeze although I think the woman waving us through knew who we were as her eyes widened as we stood in front of her to walk through the metal detectors.

I first got noticed in the queue at Starbucks trying to get me and Katie a drink, before heading off for something to eat. There was a little girl who stood with who I presume was her mum. When she turned around her eyes lit up and she started jumping up and down with excitement pulling on her mum's t-shirt.

"Mummy, mummy, look who it is"

"What sweetheart?"

"Look, it's Rosie, the footballer" I smiled at her when she said this "Oh my god she just smiled at me!"

"Do you want a picture?" I say crouching down to her level

"Yes please, mummy please"

"Of course sweetheart, thank you it means so much to her"

"It's no problem" I stand with the girl for a picture before she starts talking again.

"I want to be like you when i'm older"

"Do you, well if you work hard and dream big i'm sure you'll make it" We had a short conversation before it was nearly their turn to be served

"Thank you so much, you really are an inspiration to her" Her mum says to me as I stand at a normal level

"It's no worries, if you ever get the chance to come to a game I'd be happy to give her my shirt"

"I've booked tickets to come and see you against Brighton in september, she doesn't know yet though"

"That's awesome i'll be sure to come and find you then"

I don't think we got noticed the rest of the time and if we did no one came up to us. Boarding the plane felt like it took forever, when in reality it was only 25 minutes. After we watched the air hostesses do the safety demonstration, we were ready to take off, as this flight was only just over an hour. Katie and I decided to just download one film and watch it together.

As soon as we were in the air, the air hostesses came round with food and drinks, then we got ready to land. I've never been to Ireland so I was shocked at how quick it felt however Katie coming to and from a few times a year was more used to it.

Getting off the plane was a breeze but collecting our bags was not. Apparently we had been the first to check our bags in, or they just forgot to put them on the baggage carousel, we stood there until the very last person had gotten their bags.

Eventually, after speaking to about 100 people we finally got our bags and we were off, walking through passport control was quick as we were the last to exit the airport due to our baggage issues.

As we were walking towards the exit, a girl about the same age as me came flying into Katie's arms and knocked them both to the floor. I just looked at them as they both started laughing.

"I think your a bit too old to be doing that now aren't you"

"Hey, I haven't seen you in nearly a year" The girl started to get up off the floor wiping her hands on her pants as I helped Katie up off the floor teasing her about being old.

"You're that old I have to help you up off the floor now do I?" I said laughing at her.

"Oh shut up you"

"Now, that's an accent I haven't heard in a while," the girl said looking at me and then saying "We don't get many northerners here in Dublin"

"Yeah, I wouldn't expect it"

"Hi, I'm Lauryn"

"Yeah, Rosie nice to meet you" As I said this she pulled me in for a hug, Katie laughing at my surprised face as I hugged her back

"You better get used to that Ro, we're a family of huggers" She said and we all laughed at me and Katie grabbing hold of our suitcases walking down to the exit where I presume Katie's mum had stayed.

After meeting Katie's mum, we all walked down to where the car was parked and got in ready for the 25 minute drive to Katie's family home. During the car ride there, Katie, her mum ,and Lauryn were all catching up.

I think I'd fallen asleep in the car as the next thing I remember is Katie carrying me up the stairs to her room telling me to go back to sleep.

Katie's POV

I was in the car with mum and Lauryn, when all of a sudden Lauryn went silent. It's not like her to go all quiet. That's when I looked back and saw her staring at an asleep Rosie, her head resting on the window, and her legs tucked up underneath her chin.

"She looks comfy doesn't she" I say to my sister bringing her out of her trance

"Yeah, I wish I looked that comfy when I was sleeping"

"It must be one of her talents, you know, one time she fell asleep whilst standing up and leaning on me." Both mum and Lauryn laughed at my short story

"She looks so tired" Mum says looking in her mirror

"Yeah, she always does, she's been through a lot but she's a good kid, works hard, she deserves the whole world I think" As i say this we pull up at my childhood home. Mum and Lauryn offer to grab out bags as I get Rosie. Soon enough we were both cuddled in my childhood bedroom, where we would be staying for the next 2 weeks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 762 146
@colbybrock liked your photo @colbybrock commented 'woah' started June 11, 2018
230K 2.3K 38
just read it :)
18.5K 579 21
❝ 𝑂𝑘𝑎𝑦 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑛𝑠𝑒...𝐴) 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝐷𝑦𝑙𝑎𝑛'𝑠 𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑎...𝑎𝑛𝑑 2) 𝑖𝑡 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑓𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦. ❞ ❝ 𝑇𝑤𝑜? ❞ ❝ 𝑈ℎ...
22.6K 944 23
"you're back." began: july 17, 2018 completed: september 16, 2018