Midnight Seduction

By dghlmnrt

In the VIP club, Yla encounters a hot stranger. She is forced to take risks that she has never taken before b... More

DISCLAIMER
SYNOPSIS
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
EPILOGUE
MIDNIGHT SEDUCTION
AC #1: A RESCUE IN THE SHADOWS
AC #2: TANGLED WEBS
AC #3: MEETING THE PARENTS
AC #4: BROKEN THREADS
AC #5: A UNION OF HEARTS
AC #6: A PROPOSAL TO REMEMBER
AC #7: THE PREGNANCY
AC #8: THE NEW HEIR
THE LAST LETTER

CHAPTER 3

200 2 0
By dghlmnrt

TWIST OF FATE

After a few minutes of maintaining eye contact, he breaks it off and turns his focus to Jenna.

"Follow me, girls." Chase circles back and moves in the direction of his office.

"Wishing you luck", Amie remarked.

I smile in appreciation and follow Chase and Jenna. As soon as I approach Jenna, she whispers into my ear so that Chase won't hear her.

"He'll evict you the following day."

"Maybe today's departure will be handled by you." Rolling her eyes, Jenna runs after Chase. The intern has not yet departed. What if, though, today is the day? I'm unsure of what will occur next. especially considering my relationship with the CEO.

Chase closes the door when Jenna and I enter his office. Chase motions for me to sit on the couch as he takes a seat at his table.

"Have you ever heard of Drinkini?"

"Of course!" Jenna exclaimed.

"I'll give you all the details and plans we have, and your job is to come up with an idea for an advertisement. But first, I want to ask you: Would you like to work together or separately? Our company is currently working on their marketing campaign, and we're creating a TV commercial for their new product."

"I'd like to work alone, but I can work with you if you need me to."

"She's the worst in the program, and I have no idea how she got into this internship, so I can't work in a team with her," Jenna remarked.

I can't believe she would say such a thing about me here, in front of everyone! especially because my future in this company is in jeopardy. I shift my weight awkwardly because I'm frightened that Chase is looking at me with malice in his eyes. I look up at him as I hear him exhale, but he is not looking at me.

"Let me make the decision." When Chase says something, I pay close attention and try to figure out his meaning. Has he already made up his mind to eject me? Or do I still have a chance?

"Today, you'll work independently." With two files in his hands, Chase advances. One goes to Jenna, while the other is given to me.

"You're already bringing yourself down, Jenna, I see."

"What are you saying?"

"You've just proved that you can't operate in a team. I need to know that my staff can work both in a team and alone."

"I just thought I could."

"Start working; I don't have time for this chat."

For the first time since he yelled my name, he fixed his gaze on me. At his notice, the butterflies in my stomach started to flutter. I attempt to look for any hints as to what might be in store for me soon. His expression, though, says nothing. I detest the fact that he doesn't explain my circumstances to me.

"I'll periodically check on your progress, and I want to see you both in action to see how you're managing the work," he said.

The following hour was spent examining my cases in silence. I occasionally sneak peeks at Chase. He seemed to be focused on his own paperwork. But after a brief moment of eye contact, our gazes locked. He is currently experiencing a wide range of emotions. I sigh as I lower my head and hear Chase sigh.

The next few hours passed without incident. Chase occasionally checks in on how we're doing, but he keeps a considerable distance between Jenna and me. Chase's voice came from behind me as I was finishing up a character drawing for the advertisement.

"You may now take a 15-minute break. I'm strict, but I don't want to see my staff suffer from hunger and lack of sleep."

When I laugh, I briefly believe that the person laughing is Chase, whom I met at the pub. Then, however, we both hear Jenna's phony laugh. Chase's face reverts to becoming a stone. I acknowledge that I no longer know this man.

"Go!"

Jenna and I quickly leave his office. As I made my way toward the elevators, Amie caught up with me.

"How was it, then?"

"Not as scary as I thought." Chase was really focused and serious. However, he didn't have a menacing presence. But perhaps it's because I kept picturing our romantic evening together as I was staring at him. The CEO, though, appears to be very different from the man at the bar.

"I need some warning; I could be the next!"

"You're shrewd,"

"I'm just clever,"

"Let's not talk about it here. I only have 30 minutes to buy a snack."

"He is a dictator,"

"Maybe some of him delights in our suffering."

"I'm afraid now!"

"I truly don't think so. I think he's just incredibly determined and wants to do everything he can to make this firm the greatest it can be."

"You already know him so well!"

"Perhaps it's merely a woman's instinct."

"Probably."

When the elevator arrives, Jenna approaches Amie. We three enter the building.

"You were unfortunate to be partnered with me!"

"Also, why is that?"

"Because I'm so much superior to you," I said.

"You would say anything to support your own image, but that doesn't make your comments true."

"I can say the same about you." On the first floor, the elevator arrives, and Jenna exits with confidence. She genuinely believes that she is superior to everyone.

"She's such a bitch! Does she really believe that?"

"She most likely does."

After 30 minutes, I returned to Chase's office, but Jenna wasn't there. Chase is perusing some files while seated at his desk. Did he leave the office, or did he stay in the office the entire break?

"Hey," I say, looking up from the papers, which makes my heart beat faster.

"Yla, I believe we've already met today."

"True, but..."

"Then what?" He's taunting me with his soft voice. To make it look less suspicious, I closed the door with a gap. I move up to his desk, making sure no one can hear me by lowering my voice.

"Chase, I--"

"At least while we're at the office, it's Mr. Dawson."

"Sorry."

"At the bar, you seemed more courageous, especially when your hand was in mine." When Chase's fiery gaze catches mine, my cheeks begin to boil. We both recall that period of time. and my underwear is immediately soaked. But just now, I'm unable to reminisce. I have to focus on the here and now.

"I really had no idea,"

"What if you were to recognize me?"

"I would never..."

"Really? You didn't breach any rules; that was before you were formally employed here."

"What does that mean for us and for me, then?"

"Don't you think now is not the appropriate time and place to discuss it?"

"I--"

"I don't know what I should do about you, Yla. You confuse the heck out of me." Chase sighs and turns his gaze away from me.

More questions come to mind, but Jenna returns to the office, getting back to work with Jenna. We submit the projects to Chase, who pays close attention to what we both say. I feel uneasy under his stern glare. But I continue to stand tall as I offer my project. He observes my every move and reaction as he studies me.

"Girls, you did fantastic." Upon realizing that it is finally over, I sigh with relief. Today, he put me to the test. And unlike the other interns, you place a much higher value on the outcomes.

"And who was valuable?"

"If I had to pick, I'd pick Yla."

"Why?"

"First of all, she's eager to follow my instructions, and, to be completely honest, I prefer her project."

"You're only mad at me,"

"You should know, Jenna, that I never combine professional and personal issues. Now, please leave me and Yla alone."

"How come she?"

"I want to talk about her project, and you need to follow my instructions without question-I don't put up with disobedient workers."

When Jenna storms out of the office, I can almost see smoke pouring out of her ears after she is slammed by the door. Chase approaches me while still agitated, which makes me apprehensive. Chase takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. His stance gradually becomes less tense. Chase looks at me when his eyes open.

"We need to discuss us."

"Do we have an us"?

"That's what we're going to learn, I believe."

"Huh?

"How desperately do you desire this internship?"

"This is my dream."

"That makes things more difficult, doesn't it?"

I followed Chase. He is neither enraged, irritated, nor hostile. He merely seems worn out. For him, my heart hurts. I wish to relieve his fatigue by helping him. I would like to assure him that... I have no idea what.

"I apologize."

"It wasn't your fault unless you knew who I was," he said.

"No," I said.

"We can't discuss it right now because people will start to wonder why we've been in the office for so long. We now have to determine what to do."

"You are correct."

"Come to my office when everyone has left, about an hour later."

"Okay." I give Chase one last look before heading outdoors. Everyone in the workplace is getting ready to depart by the time I leave his office. Amie approaches from behind me.

"Was he strict? How did it all go?"

"It was fine; we carried out our daily activities under his supervision."

"I want more information!"

"Not much can be said."

Jax is approaching us from the opposite side of the office, and I can see him.

"Was he grouchy, disgruntled, or angry? How awful was he?"

"He was pleasant, so none of that."

"What happened in there? I saw Jenna storming out of his office," Amie said.

"He stated that my project was superior."

"I'm happy for you!"

"It's a great plus for your internship here if he likes you."

"I hope so, but I believe he said it to frighten her since, despite her best efforts to brag, she was irking him."

"It bit her in the behind, and she totally deserved it." All of us laughed. Being back with my friends, who are always on edge around Chase, feels fantastic.

"It's Friday, so you, me, Jax, and Drew decided we could hang out together."

I can't leave. After work, Chase and I will meet. But I can't let them know. What ought I to say?

"I don't feel like partying today since I have a terrible headache."

"What about tomorrow? I'm really sorry to hear that."

"I'll be there, of course."

"Great, I'll tell Drew. See you tomorrow, Yla," she said.

Amie leaves quickly, leaving Jax and I alone.

"Why did I not accept your rationale?"

"It was extremely exhausting to spend the day with Chase, so I'm not in the mood for a party."

"Don't worry; I won't tell Amie. I get it."

"Thank you, but I have to go."

"See you around."

I choose to go to the café while I wait for everyone to leave the workplace. I don't know how long my chat with Chase will last, and I'm starving. I see Jax seated at a table as I enter. He acknowledges me immediately and motions for me to approach. I approach him because I know that ignoring him would be impolite.

"Come with me, Yla."

"Aren't you expecting somebody?"

"Please keep me company and spare me from my agony as I wait for my companion, who will arrive in an hour."

"I have to leave. See you tomorrow."

"I'm hoping you're not eluding me," Jax said.

"No, I just remembered that I need to get home."

When everybody has already left. I approach Chase's office on foot and halt in front of his locked door. I stood there motionless for a moment as well, frightened of what might be inside. I inhaled deeply and hesitantly rapped on the door.

"Come on in!"

It's time to discover the results of my impulsive and memorable night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 47.2K 52
❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝.❞ In which an intern has a sex contract with her boss. || MATURE CONTENT || Cover...
2.2K 104 31
{#1 in Coworkers} {#11 in Brooks} {#42 in Pleasure} {#48 in Career} {#56 in New York City} {#72 in Boss} {#76 in Secretary} {#91 in Office Romance}...
7.3M 192K 40
"He'd pay me two grand a month to sleep with me?" "No. He'd pay you two grand a 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬." ... Maggie is a college student working as a stripper in L...
4.4M 120K 54
[Editing] He's the grumpy CEO of the company she works for. The very boss, no one gets enough words with before he pushes them far away. And then Sie...