This life, by myself

By CaleWorshipper

What if Cale from Tboah just regressed and didn't transmit as Kim Rok Soo? You probably read multiple of the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Notice

Chapter 4

1.2K 97 7
By CaleWorshipper

Cale stood up and was about to leave the bush when something caught his eye. He looked at the bright red and silver fur of the kittens.

"Roll in dirt when I leave, your fur stands out too much"

He pulled up his mask and pulled down his hood, making it cover his hair. The siblings stared at Cale who turned and left.

"He was worried about us!" The red one whispered to his sister. His sister nodded, her tail wagging happily.

"We need to do what he said and keep a look out"

The siblings stayed near the entrance watching for movement as Cale was fighting the two knights in front.

I should work out after this. Cale easily dodged the sword that slashed at his left. He knew how to move and could see where they were going to attack, but his body couldn't keep up. 

Tsk, I'm so weak. 

Cale jumped forward and sliced the guards neck with his knife. Twisting around, he swung the knife, making a wave of lightning, towards the other knight. The last knight instantly dropped on the floor stunned. Cale shoved the dagger in his neck, making sure he was dead.

Why is the security so weak? Cale didn't know that the first knight he killed was a high leveled knight, the same level as vice captain Hilsman.

[Cale, there are lots of traps down the cave]

He nodded and put up his indestructible shield. Cale walked through the cave, listening to the unnamed ancient power telling him where to step.

At the end of the tunnel, Cale stopped in his tracks.

"W-who are you? How did you get here?" A man shouted but Cale ignored him. He was staring at the black creature behind bars.

A little black dragon covered in cuts and blood. It was bound by thick chains and a tight collar was around his neck. 

Cale was horrified. Wasn't this a four year old? 

When the imperial family was investigating why a whole mountain behind the Stan villa blew up, they discovered that it was caused by a baby dragon that was being tortured and went berserk.

He walked up to the person that was probably the torturer.

"D-don't come any closer! Do you know what is in here?!"

Why else would I be here? Are you stupid?

The man stepped back and suddenly bolted to a crystal ball lying on a table. Cale threw his lightning encased knife at full strength at the ball.

Smash!

The ball shattered and glass flew everywhere. Cale jumped on the table and pulled the knife from it. He leapt beside the man and pressed the knife against his throat.

"Keys" Cale didn't know if the keys were hidden or not and he left him alive since he didn't know if there would be a signal to tell Venion if he died. Better safe than sorry.

The man put a shaking hand in his pocket and pulled out some keys, handing it to his captor.

"Don't move if you don't want to die" Cale hissed in his ear. The torturer nodded his head with fear in his eyes.

"Good" Cale smirked as he grabbed the man's hand, lead him to the prison and unlocked the door. He grabbed a rope with nails from the table and tied the screaming man's legs up so he couldn't run away.

"I said I wouldn't run!"

"You think I would trust you? Don't worry, as long as you don't move too much I don't think it would bleed, but who am I to know?"

Cale crouched down near the dragon and started unlocking the chains.

The one metre dragon was watching this with blues reptilian eyes.

"You will be free soon" Cale whispered to the four year old.

When he finished with the chains he picked up the dragon and walked out the prison, kicking the door shut on the way out. He locked the door again and smiled brightly at the torturer.

"I hope to see you again one day"

The man felt chills and started shaking more.

Cale turned to the tunnel and bolted.

When he left the entrance he said to the kitten he knew where nearby "follow me"

Cale ran a bit more but was soon panting.

"Shit, why am I so weak?" He cursed. Cale stopped after a bit and place the dragon on a rock.

'Can you break this?'

[Yes but it will be difficult. To break it, I need to use lightning but need to be careful not to hurt the dragon. It's possible but it will be slow]

"Tsk" Cale glanced down at the dragon. "I'll be taking you home for a bit to release the collar so just be patient am I will send you one your way after"

The child stared at him with intelligent but wary eyes and nodded slowly.

Cale patted him on the head and picked him up again. The bushes shook and two dirty cats jumped out.

Cale smiled and started running again until he arrived at the inn. He put the dragon on his bed and patted his head again unconsciously.

"I will be back soon, wait here, all of you" and jumped out the window.

Cale cleaned up his tracks and made a new set leading the other way. He returned to the inn an hour later to the dragon peeking out the window with the two kittens by his side. Cale climbed up the wall and stepped on the windows ledge.

"Let's get that collar off"

He lifted up the dragon, placing it on a chair and brought out the knife. The dragon flinched and backed away.

"Don't worry, this is for the collar, I will try my best not to harm you" ha tried to comfort the little child. The dragon stopped moving away but it still looked scared.

Cale smiled softly, "Just stay still and it will be over before you know it"

The dragon shut its eyes and stiffened up.

He injected power into the knife and it crackled yellow. Cale manipulated the lightning, making it smaller and closer to the knife. He placed it on the metal collar and it slowly but surely started melting it.

The dragon squinted his eyes open after he smelt a burning smell. He looked up to see the humans face concentrating on the task. The child stared for a bit and studied this weird human.

"Why did you save me?" He asked.

"Hold on, I'm almost done" Cale answered not looking up.

Ten seconds later and a clink sound echoed the room. Cale stood up looking satisfied. He picked up a potion, poured some over the dragon and made him drink the rest.

He stared at the little dragon and the little dragon stared back puffing up his chest, trying to look intimidating.

Cale couldn't hold it in and a small smile crept up in his face. It didn't evade the dragons eyes.

"What?"

"I saved you cause I'd like a little favour"

"Oh course you need something" the dragon growled

"Of course I do, most things in the world aren't free. Freedom is one of the things that should be taken for granted but some people are just stupid. That's another reason that I saved you. Pity" Cale smiled. "Ah, and you shouldn't trust anyone too easily.

"Including you?"

"Including me"

"Why?"

"No person is completely good. Dragons are so rare that most people don't believe they exist so even the best person might think of using you"

"You will?"

"If you follow me"

"What if I don't?"

"Then I won't"

The dragon frowned "what will you make me do if I follow you?"

"A little bit of magic here and there, nothing big. It's up to you if you will trust me or not"

Cale walked over to the kittens who were next to his bed waiting for him to finish.

"You need to wash up"

There was mud and leaves matted throughout their fur and a weird smell was coming from them.

"I haven't asked your names yet" Cale realised.

"I'm On" the sister answered.

"I'm Hong" the brother followed.

Cale nodded. On, Hong.

He called Hans to prepare a bath for him and two small tubs for the kittens.

Cale washed the kittens in the first tub and let them play in the second tub. He watched them play and splashing each other with water.

I thought cats hate water? But then again, they aren't fully cats.

Cale relaxed in the bath and started planning what to do next. He finished after creating a rough plan and dried himself and the kittens.

Cale expected the dragon to be gone by now but he was still there.

"Why are you still here?" He asked.

"I'm going to repay you for saving me!"

"Repay me later when you become a big strong dragon"

"No! I'm going to follow you until I repay you now, cause when I'm strong you will use me for bigger things!"

"Smart dragon, you're only four years old and you are already this smart" Cale praised.

"Of course I am smart! I'm a dragon!"

Cale nodded with a small smile on his lips.

"I'm going to bed, you can sleep wherever you would like. If you want a pillow or blanket just tell me"

"What's a pillow?"

Cales heart stung. He grabbed a pillow Hans provided and placed it next to the dragon. It was white and made of the highest quality silk.

"This is a pillow, you can have it"

The dragon reached out and touched the pillow.

"It's so soft!" He jumped on the pillow that was slightly smaller than him and snuggled up to it.

Cales heart hurt again.

"I'll give you all the pillows you want" he whispered and went to bed.

The kittens jumped under each of his arms and went to sleep.

✨Authors Notes✨

Idk if their personalities are off but let's blame that on the treatment different Cale gives them.

Also reread the first few chapters of the novel and On and Hong already had their names, as well as they have a 3 year age gap instead of 2. That's kinda sad and relieving at the same time.

I wanted daddy Cale to give them names. 😔

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 2.8K 30
in a world where there are no hunters and no white star, there's a lot more time for petty politics and relationship drama og cale x alberu PLEASE NO...
110K 7K 14
"You die, I die. You live, I live. That's how it goes, isn't it." White star smiled as Cale stood in front of him with the world tree branch. "If th...
38.1K 1.9K 26
๐Ÿ“Œ ONGOING White star tried to summon a demon but instead summoned kim rok soo? Will krs get his slacker life? (no) And why are these people calli...
411 47 5
Cale could have been victorious. But he had let his guard down as the enemy took out a secret card. The God of Death had not welcomed him just yet...