The Potter Twins and the Cham...

By fxturehearts__

SO WISE SO YOUNG, THEY SAY, DO NEVER LIVE LONG. Back for their second year of Hogwarts School, Harry and Hay... More

Preface: Suclusion *
1. Dobby the House Elf *
2. Escape to the Burrow *
3. Floo Powder *
4. Lockhart and Lucius *
5. Blocked Barriors *
6. The Flying Car and New Additions *
7. The Howler *
8. Cornish Pixies *
9. Mudblood *
10. Enemies of the Heir *
11. Salazar's Chamber *
12. The Rouge Bludgers *
13. History is to Repeat Itself *
14. Digging Your Own Grave *
15. Parcelmouth *
16. Self Doubt *
17. He Knows Nothing *
18. The Diary is Found *
19. Riddle's Tale *
20. Petrified *
21. Heart of a Slytherin *
22. Conspiracy *
24. Follow the Spiders *
25. Figuring Things Out *
26. The Chamber of Secrets *
27. Tom Marvolo Riddle *
28. Basilisk Venom *
29. True Gryffindors *
30. Come Back Home *
Epilogue: To Live and Let Go *
Book 3 is up!

23. They Don't Stand a Chance *

9.2K 325 201
By fxturehearts__

"Does this deafening silence mean nothing to no one but me?" ~ You Be The Anchor, Mayday Parade

Harry's p.o.v

"All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. No student is to leave the dormitories after that time," McGonagall says as we all stand in Gryffindor Common Room, apart from Haylee, who disappeared after we saw Hermione in the hospital wing.

We think that she's gone back to Hermione in the infirmary, but we don't exactly know for sure...

But she's Halfblood, she's in no danger.

"You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No student is to use the bathroom unaccompanied by a teacher. All further Quidditch training and matches are to be postponed. There will be no more evening activities."

She gives a slight sigh and rolls up the parchment she was holding.

"I need hardly add that I have rarely been so distressed," she speaks in a choked voice. "It is likely that the school will be closer unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught. I would urge anyone who thinks they might know anything about them I come foward."

She sighs again, and looks directly towards Ron, Tay and then me, looking conflicted.

"We fear that Haylee Potter and Asher Saunters are the latest victims of these attacks..."

My heart literally stops in my chest, and a choked noise leaves my mouth, while Tay looks dangerously pale.

"...if anyone has any idea of their whereabouts, I suggest you to also come foward."

With that, she climbs somewhat awkwardly out of the portrait hole, leaving me in shock.

Haylee...not Haylee.

She's my little sister, I'm meant to be there to protect her, not let her run off alone and crying.

"That's four Gryffindors down, not counting a Gryffindor ghost, one Ravenclaw and one Hufflepuff," Lee Jordon says counting on his fingers. "Haven't any of the teachers noticed that the Slytherins are all safe? Isn't it obvious all this stuff's coming from Slytherin? The heir of Slytherin, the monster of Slytherin - why don't they just chuck all the Slytherins out?" He roars, making a few people clap.

Percy on the other hand, is sitting behind Lee, looking pale and stunned.

"Percy's in shock," George tells me. "That Ravenclaw girl - Penelope Clearwater - she's a prefect. I don't think he thought the monster would dare attack a prefect. And you and Haylee, you're Halfbloods, and Asher is Pureblood, that just proves the monster isn't only after Muggleborns."

I nod, although I'm barely listening; all I can see is Hermione's motionless body, and the fact that Haylee and Asher could be in the same state.

"What're we going to do?" Ron says quietly in mine and Tay's ears. "D'you think they suspect Hagrid?"

"We've got to go and talk to him," I say instantly. "I can't believe it's him this time, but if he set the monster loose last time, he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets, and that's a start."

"But McGonagall said we've got to stay in our tower unless we're in class..." Tay says, her voice sounding slightly hoarse.

"I think," I begin, lowering my voice even more. "It's time to get my dad's old cloak out again."

*~*

The journey to Hagrid's wasn't exactly uneventful, especially because we had to explain to Tay how Haylee and I got a cloak of invisibility.

We finally reach Hagrid's and I pull off the cloak and Tay knocks on the door forcefully.

Moments after she knocks, the door flings open, revealing Hagrid with a crossbow aimed high, with Fang barking in the background.

"Oh," he says, lowering his weapon. "What're you three doin' here?"

"What's that for?" I ask as we enter, pointing at the crossbow.

"Nothin'...nothin'," he mutters. "I've bin expectin'...doesn't matter...sit down...I'll make tea."

"Are you okay, Hagrid?" Tay asks, as we watch Hagrid fumble around with the tea. "Did you hear about Asher, Haylee and Hermione?"

"Oh, I heard, all righ'," Hagrid replies, a slight break in his voice, constantly glancing nervously at the door.

He places three cup of boiling water on the table (he forget to add teabags) when there's a loud knock at the door.

Hagrid jumps, and I throw the Invisibility Cloak Tay, Ron and I, and we retreat into a corner as Hagrid grabs his crossbow.

He flings the door open once more, revealing Dumbledore, looking deadly serious.

"Evening, Hagrid."

He enters, followed by a second man, who looks very odd.

"That's Dad's boss!" Ron breaths.
"Cornelius Fudge, the Minister of Magic!" Tay adds.

Hagrid seems to have gone pale and sweaty, and he dumps into one of the chairs, looking at Dumbledore and the Minister.

"Bad business, Hagrid," Fudge says shortly. "Very bad business. Had to come. Four attacks on Muggleborns and two students missing. Things have gone far enough. Ministry's got to act."

"I never," Hagrid says, looking imploringly at Dumbledore. "You know I never, Professor Dumbledore, sir..."

"I want it understood, Cornelius, that Hagrid has me full confidence," Dumbledore says, frowning at Fudge.

"Look, Albus," Fudge says uncomfortably. "Hagrid's record's against him. Ministry's got to do something - the school governors have been in touch."

"Yet again, Cornelius, I tell you that taking Hagrid away will not help in the slightest," Dumbledore says, his blue eyes full of fire I've never seen before.

"Look at it from my point of view," fudge says, fidgeting awkwardly. "I'm under a lot of pressure. Got to be seen to be doing something. If it turns out it wasn't Hagrid, he'll be back and no more said. But I've got to take him. Got to. Wouldn't be doing my duty-"

"Take me?" Hagrid says, trembling. "Take me where?"

"For a short stretch," Fudge says, avoiding Hagrid's gaze. "Not a punishment, Hagrid, more a precaution. If someone else it caught, you'll be let out with a full apology..."

"Not Azkaban?" Hagrid croaks.

Before Fudge can answer, there is another loud knock at the door.

Dumbledore answers it, revealing Lucius Malfoy.

"Alright here, Fudge," Malfoy says, strolling into the hut. "Good, good..."

"What're doin' here?" Hagrid says furiously. "Get outta my house."

"My dear man, please believe me. I take no pleasure at all being inside your - er - d'you call this a house?" Malfoy says sneeringly, looking around the cabin. "I simply called at the school and was told that the Headmaster was here."

"And what exactly did you want with me, Lucius?" Dumbledore asks, politely, yet he is still fiery eyed.

"Dreadful thing, Dumbledore," Malfoy says lazily, pulling it a long roll of parchment.
"But the governors feel it's time for you to step aside. This is an Order of Suspension - you'll find all twelve signatures on it. I'm afraid we feel you're losing your touch. How many attacks have there been now? Two more this afternoon, wasn't it? Not to mention the two missing students. At this rate, there'll be no Muggleborns left at Hogwarts, and we all now why an awful loss that would be to the school."

"Oh, now, see here, Lucius," Fudge says, looking alarmed. "Dumbledore suspended...no, no...last thing we want just now..."

"The appointment - or suspension - of the Headmaster is a matter for the governors, Fudge," Malfoy says smoothly. "And as Dumbledore has failed to stop these attacks..."

"Now look, Lucius, if Dumbledore can't stop them -" Fudge says nervously. "I mean to say, who can?"

"That remains to be seem," Malfoy smiles nastily. "But as all twelve of us have voted..."

Hagrid suddenly jumps to his feet, his head grazing the ceiling.

"An' how many did yeh have ter threaten an' blackmail before they agreed, Malfoy, eh?" He roars.

"Dear, dear, you know that temper of yours will lead you into trouble one of these days, Hagrid," Malfoy says. "I would advise you not to shout at the Azkaban guards like that. They won't like it at all."

"Yeh can' take Dumbledore!" Hagrid yells. "Take him away an' the Muggleborns won' stand a chance! There'll be killing's next!"

"Calm yourself, Hagrid," Dumbledore says sharply. "If the governors want my removal, Lucius, I shall of course step aside."

"But -" Fudge stutters.
"No!" Hagrid growls.

"However," Dumbledore says, speaking very slowly and clearly. "You will find that I will only truly left this school when none here are loyal to me. You will also find that help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it."

Dumbledore's eye flicker towards Ron, Tay and I for a second, before looking away.

"Admirable sentiments," Lucius says, bowing. "We shall all miss your - er - highly individual way of running things, Albus, and only hope that your successor will manage to prevent any - ah - killings."

He strides to the door, opens it and bows Dumbledore out. Fudge, fiddling with his bowler hat, waits for Hagrid to go ahead of him, but Hagrid stands his ground, takes a deep breath and speaks carefully.

"If anyone wanted ter find out some stuff, all they'd have ter do would be ter follow the spiders. That's lead 'em right! That's all I'm sayin'."

Hagrid then mumbles something inaudibly before beginning to follow Fudge through the door.

"An' someone'll need ter feed Fang while away."

"Well shit," Tay says loudly, after the door is closed.

__________________________________________________

This chapter was kinda rushed but I'm really happy and felt like updating :) sorry for any typos or mistakes.

You guys are all amazing! See you soon ((:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 4.2K 57
Harriet returns to Hogwarts for her second year and finds that danger once more plagues the school's hallways. Something slithers in the dark, the wa...
5.6K 146 11
The Mane Six and Spike, along with the Young Six and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. return to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for a second year...
95.8K 2.9K 43
BOOK TWO. Olivia Potter's back, attending Hogwarts as a fifth year student. But the return of He Who Must Not Be Named has left everyone in doubt of...
7.3K 140 16
As they enter their second year at Hogwarts, the five find themselves in the middle of an ancient and deadly mystery. With most of the school in fear...