10. Enemies of the Heir *

"The rest of us can find happiness in misery" ~ I Don't Care, Fall Out Boy

"Can you possibly imagine a better way to serve detention than by helping me to answer my fan mail?" Lockhart asks Harry and I as we sit inside his office.

In front of us are stacks of pictures of Lockhart and letters from fans.

For past three hours we have been helping him answer the fan mail, as our detention for the car incident.

Ron, on the other hand, is cleaning trophy's in the trophy cabinet.

"Not really." I mumble in response.
"Fame is a fickle friend, Harry and Haylee. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that." He tells us.

Life lessons with Lockhart right there...

My attention is drawn away from Lockhart as I begin to hear a terrifying voice, speaking in a raspy hiss like voice.

"Come...to me." It says several times, making me hair stand on edge. Harry takes me hand in his from under the table, signally that he too can hear it.

"What?" He whispers.
"Sorry?" Lockhart questions.

"That voice." I tell him.
"Voice?"

"Didn't you hear it?" Harry asks, looking around the room anxiously.
"What are you two talking about?" Lockhart asks, looking very confused with us. "I think you're getting a but drowsy." He laughs slightly, turning to look at his clock.

"And great Scott, no wonder. Look at the time. We've been here nearly four hours. Spooky how the time flies when one is having fun."

"Spooky." I whisper, looking up at the ceiling.

With that, Lockhart allows Harry and I to go.
"Harry, what the hell was that voice?" I ask him as we head back to the common room.

"I don't know." He admits. "It almost sounded--"

He is cut off as the voice reappears.

"Blood. I smell blood."

My hand finds it's way back to Harry's, and he grips it back tightly.

"Let me rip you. Let me kill you."

We begin trying to follow the source of the voice, which seems to be coming from the walls.

"Kill! Kill! Kill!"

We turn a corner and run straight into something.

I scream in fright, jumping backwards with great speed.

"Harry! Haylee!"

It's just Ron, Hermione and Tay....

"Did you hear it?" Harry asks them frantically.
"Hear what?"

"That voice." I explain, looking around quickly.

"Voice? What voice?" Hermione asks, sounding concerned

"We heard it first in Lockhart's office. And then again just--"

"It's time."

Harry and I look to each and he nods firmly.

"It's moving. I think it's going to kill." Harry says to them.

With that, Harry and I begin running in the direction of the voice.

"Kill?" Tay exclaims, as they run after us.
"Not so fast!"

We run through the corridors, until the sound of splashing water meets our ears.