15. Parcelmouth *

"When we're speaking in our native tongue" ~ Native Tongue, Paramore

"Gather round, gather round!" Lockhart says, standing upon on a stage in the middle of the Great Hall, with Snape beside him.

Following the attack on Colin, the teachers have decided to start a Duelling Club, so we can learn to defend ourselves.

"Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Duelling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions - for full details, see my published work." Lockhart pauses, making me roll my eyes.

"Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape. He tells me he know a tiny little but about duelling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry - you'll still have your Potions master when I'm though with him, never fear!"

"Wouldn't it be good of they finished each other off?" Ron mutters to Harry and I, making us both laugh.

Lockhart and Snape turn to face each other and they bow. They then raise their words in front of them, like swords.

"As you see, we are holding wands in the accepted combative position," Lockhart tells us. "On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course."

"I wouldn't bet on that." I murmur, watching Snape bare his teeth at Lockhart.

"One - two - three -"

Both if them swing their wands up over their shoulders and Snape cries;

"Expelliarmus!"

There is a dazzling flash of scarlet light and Lockhart is blasted off his feet. He flies backwards off the stage and smashes into the wall.

"Do you think he's alright?" Hermione squeals.

"Who cares?" Ron and Harry laugh together.

"Well, there you have it!" Lockhart says, stumbling unsteadily back into the platform. "That was a Disarming Charm. Yes, an excellent idea to how them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy. However, I felt it would be instructive to let them see..."

Snape sends Lockhart a murderous stare, and he trails off.

"Enough demonstrating! I'm going I come amongst you now and put you all into pairs. Professor Snape, if you'd like to help me..."

They begin moving though the crowd, paring us up.

Lockhart teams Neville with Justin Finch-Fletchly, nearing close to us, but Snape reaches us first.

"Time to split up the dream team, I think," he sneers. "Weasley, you can partner with Finnigan. Mr. Potter-"

Harry automatically moves towards Mione, Tay and I.

"I don't think so," Snape says coldly. "Mr Malfoy, come over here. Let's see what you make of the famous Harry Potter. Miss Potter, you can partner with Miss Parkinson, and Miss Granger - you can partner Miss Bulstrode."

Groaning internally, I make my way to Pansy, who sends me an evil smirk.

"Face your partners!" Lockhart calls out, "and bow!"

Pansy and I both bow weakly, death staring each other.

"Wands at the ready! When I count to three, cast your charms to disarm your opponent - only to disarm them - we don't want any accidents. One...two...three."