Dried and Dying Roses (BWWM)

By _macc_

He reminded her of a tiger- no a lion- always ready to pounce, never thinking once about their prey. Once upo... More

~~~~~
One: Windows
Two: Formalities
Three:Adrian Lew
Four: Keep Going...Please
Five: Ouch
Six: Jealousy and Pathological Rage
Seven: Christian Ford
Eight: Hotels
Nine: I (Don't) Have a Crush on You
Ten: Hand Jobs
Eleven: Mind Your Manners, Isaline
Twelve: No Bueno
Thirteen: Mind Your Manners, Isaline (Part Two)
Fourteen: Draining
Fifteen: Good Girl
Sixteen: It's Not All Good, Child
Seventeen: Sorry, Really
Eighteen: Love Bites
Nineteen: Rummaging
Twenty: Fill in the Blanks
Twenty One: But Wait! There's More!
Twenty Two: Do You...?
Twenty Three: The Golden Rule
Twenty Four: Issy
Twenty Five: Literal Shots
Twenty Six: The Unraveling
Twenty Seven: There's a First Time for Everything
Twenty Eight: Cheesy Jokes
Twenty Nine: Abandonment Issues
Thirty: The Clerk
Thirty One: Hurt
Thirty Two: Trusty Ade
Thirty Three: Itis
Thirty Four: Ginger Ale
Thirty Five: Vitamins
Thirty Six: Peanuts
Thirty Seven: Vehicles and Slip-Ups
Thirty Eight: Unless the Word that You Heard Is a Word that You Said.....
Thirty Nine: The (Diaper) Bag
Forty: "I (Adrian) Think I Do This All The Time..."
Forty One: She Tries... and Fails
Forty Two: The Baby
Forty Three:When Helping Doesn't...Well Help
Forty Four: Truth Hurts
Forty Five: Baby Bump Blues
Forty Six: Revenge (Filler)
Forty Seven: But Why Can't I Have One? (The Toddler Complex)
Forty Eight: Such a Way With Words
Forty Nine: Namesake
Fifty One: Dad?
Fifty Two: The Door
Fifty Three: Jigsaw
Fifty Four: Ambrosial
Fifty Five: Voyeurism
Fifty Six: Surprise!
Fifty Seven: White
Epilogue

Fifty: An Anecdote Based on Chance

9.7K 520 83
By _macc_

An Anecdote Based on Chance 

As terrified as she was, Isaline Brianne Ford's voice came out completely cool, calm, and collected.

She wasn't.

Her best friend looked to be on the brink of death. There was a large, long wound located on her lower abdomen that Isa knew was fatal-or at least close- hence all the blood, along with bite marks on her neck, just below the base. She could

"What happened to her?"

She didn't get her answer, so Isaline repeated herself, louder this time, as her voice became hysterical, "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO HER?"

Isaline was already rushing to help Leo place Delaney on their large couch, tears brimming her eyes as she stared down at her sister before looking desperately to Isaac, to Jackson, to anyone who would and/or could give her an answer.

Someone needed to tell her what the hell was going on, and quickly at that.

The woman needed to get to a fucking hospital!

Isaline voiced this, and was promptly ignored. That made her skin crawl.

She felt sick, stomach churning, and gut clenching as bile rose in her throat, staring at all that blood. It was just so much, too much for even her-a vampire. She didn't know what to do. She could feel thirst vaguely burning in the back of her throat, but not enough to worry her. She wouldn't drain her best friend, but she was a vampire, blood definitely warranted a response,no matter whose it was. There was no discrimination there.

She didn't know what to do!

His soft touch calmed her to a more rational state in a fraction of a second, the time it had taken her to react.

Leonardo had given her this....guilty, apologetic look, and Isaline just went off.

She had lunged at him, a scream of vexation, of anguish, of raw fury fell from her lips, but all of that left her when Adrian caught her before she could get too far, and pulled her back into his chest, "Baby, no,"

"He hurt her!" Isa roared, fighting against Adrian when she found her anger a second later, using everything in her to get to Leo, "Fucking look at him! He-"

"Isa calm down before you hurt yourself, before you hurt the baby," Adrian spoke into her ear, but he may as well have been screaming into her ear. She felt as if the drum might shatter.

Adrian brought her to her senses, and she slumped against him, tired but taking comfort in his large hand resting on her pregnant belly.

He was right. She just needed to calm down.

"Isa, you have to change her," Isaac spoke up, his voice as raw as Isa's.

Her head whipped over to her brother, slack jawed in her sudden confusion, "I-"

"Why am I not in the hospital?" Delaney Ford croaked, silencing everything and one in the room. It's had no idea how the woman was even conscious, and seconds later heard someone asking the same question out loud.

"I gave birth naturally, I.e. No mess. A little stab wound isn't going to take me out....immediately. I pushed Christian's big ass head out of my tight little-"

"Delaney, shh baby. Are you okay?"

One look at her husband had her gleaming, "I'm fine, baby, just get me to the hospital because that was just a lie to comfort you. I'll probably die within the hour."

She was not fine. There was as much blood, more than when Adrian had offed Russell. So much that Isaline found herself getting queasy.

"We were going to get Isa to-"

"Change me? Well, that works too. That way, at the hospital, you won't have to worry about the hundred fifty dollar copay, baby. Come on and bite me, sissy."

"Uh..." All eyes were on her now, and Isa screamed under the sudden pressure.

Her hands became clammy as she sat down next to Del, "D-Delaney, I don't think-"

"Well I do. Get to it!"

Isaline met Adrian's gaze, completely unsure of what to do, "Adrian...."

"I can't make that decision for you sweetheart."

Tears were welling in her eyes as she stared up at him, then down at Del, and she felt like shit, like the worst best friend in the world, "I want to, Delly, you know I do. I'd do anything for you, but I don't know how. I'm so sorry,"

"Baby, it comes naturally. All you do is. It's down right on the jugular, and you'll start to feel this rush of....what feels like raw, manic power. Welcome it, and you'll feel your venom start to release. It will feel like a reverse feeding. After a couple of minutes, you'll be done, and you already know how to seal a wound. That's all there is to it."

"I won't kill her?" Isa asked, voicing her biggest fear in a voice that was as shaky as her body was.

Delaney-quickly becoming impatient- was the one to answer in a loud voice. Isa could see that vein in her forehead throbbing, giving away how stressed she was.

She was about to die.

"Isaline Brianne Ford-Lew?- whatever your fucking name is, because I can't remember right now, lean your little pregnant ass over and bite me before I do some serious damage and bleed out and die in the process!"

Isa obeyed her best friend, leaning over, and just when her lowered fangs scraped against her soft, citrusy scented skin-her favorite perfume she'd been using since high school- she stopped.

She couldn't hurt Isaac.

"A-Adrian, what if I change her, and she gets a mate, and it's not my brother? That will ruin their family, kill him and Chris!"

Adrian's worried expression bled into one of sympathy when Isa said that, and his response rushed, but still gentle, "Isa baby girl, humans who are changed and don't have mates most likely won't have one as a vampire. They get to pick their mates."

He was a fucking liar, that's what the fuck he was.

Tied.

Isa was so shocked she couldn't say anything, and it wasn't even what Adrian said that told her, but the eccentric Leonardo who had jokingly said to Adrian, "Are you sure that isn't something you made up, Ade?"

Adrian had sent him the dirtiest look in the universe, it was so withering that it had Isaline flinching.

Maybe she was just so desperate for a mate that she was reading too far in between the lines. That's what it was.

Maybe because she had just woken up her already peculiar mind wasn't fully coherent, warping the events of reality.

Maybe she just needed to drop the whole mate thing.

She would, but first she was going to call Annaleigh-later on of course- and ask her about vampires and being tied; then she could drop it, but for now, she would just save her best friend.

The first thought that passed through Isaline's mind as her sharp fangs settled into Delaney's vein was, This is not right.

Del wasn't Adrian-which was obvious- and it just felt completely and utterly...wrong to let her fangs sink into a warm body that wasn't his, even if she was only doing so to keep her best friend alive. There was this carnal feeling in her gut that kept telling her she was cheating in some way, but that was ridiculous, didn't make any sense at all, did it? Of course it didn't.

She wasn't fucking Delaney.

Commotion was an understatement for what Isa heard the second her fangs sank into her best friend's soft skin. Adrian was screaming, and Leao and Jackson, and Isaac all were holding onto him, then pulling him back milliseconds after his manacle like hand encircled her small arm and tried to pull her away from Del in his fit of jealousy. Isa could only ignore him and continue her job. Harder said than done.

"Adrian, stop! You know-"

"Get the fuck away-"

Adrian and Leo were interrupted by a rightfully pissed Isaac, who was screaming louder than the two combined, "Okay, I get it. Your jealous as fuck, Ade, but your wife is in there saving my wife's life.Calm. The. Fuck. Down."

Del let out a quiet whimper as Isa felt a surge of power rush through her body. She let out a slow breath, and let that power take over her entire being, let it be her, control her, until she barely felt like herself. She wasn't sure if that was good or bad.

Both she and Delaney let out a quiet gasp as one.

"S-Shit that burns," Del cried as Isa's venom started to flow, which was a completely unnatural feeling in itself.

It felt as if water were flowing from her fangs.

"Adrian seemed to have gotten his bearings , because Isa felt the couch sink behind her, his large hand resting on her lower back seconds later, "You're doing great, baby. Del, give it a few minutes and she'll be done."

Del's chin hit the top of Isa's head as she nodded in silence. Adrian continued to rub Isaline's back, and eventually told her she could pull away. She did so eagerly after sealing her sister's wounds.

I don't ever want to feed off of someone who isn't you, Isa breathed through their link as she wiped her mouth.

"You okay Del?" She asked, still worried, as she brushed some of the curls of hers away from her sweating face. She nodded then paused, shaking her head instead, "I..."

She fell asleep that quickly. Or at least Isa hoped she was sleeping. She took it upon herself to dress the wound on Del's stomach, and seal the other foreign bite marks, taking in the faint scent that was on the skin there, knowing exactly whose it was. He wasn't helping his case.

SHe then watched as Jackson stitched Del up with what Isa was almost completely sure was fishing line, which she knew couldn't have been safe.

"I'm a doctor, little one," Jackson murmured, hearing Isa's thoughts (He was a part of the coven as well), "They'll dissolve."

Isa's mouth formed into an 'O'.

Adrian pulled her up, folding her into his arms, "Come on, love, let's get you cleaned and in bed. That was too much for you and the baby. We'll figure out what happened in the morning. Isaac, Del, and Christian are going to live with us until she awakens; you'll have plenty of time to be with her."

"O-Okay," She whispered into the smooth skin of his neck, allowing him to pick her up and carry her up to their bedroom, where he had drawn a bath for her, he knew that she felt drained,quite literally. After stripping her down, and wiping the blood off her person, Adrian lowered Isa's frame into the tub, then leaned against the sink, watching as she slowly bathed herself.

"I'm proud of you, Isaline," He spoke a while later as she stood, rinsing her body off, his gaze never leaving her body, "So, so proud, baby, and I know Del and your brother are, too. Thank you."

A small smile found its way onto Isa's lips at that and she thanked Adrian quietly. Hearing him say things like that to her made her heart soar. She was just glad that Del was going to be okay, and that not her best friend and sister would never die. She was a part of Isa's immortal family now, her coven, and Isa was sure that Isaac would be changed, maybe even Christian when he was old enough. Her whole mortal family could join her immortal family, and that was an amazing idea to Isaline, she would more than love that.

"Thank you for letting me do that," Isa whispered as Adrian helped her out the tub, "It felt completely different, and on a deeper, more feral level in me wrong, but I'm glad you let me experience that, let me feel useful."

He frowned at her as he lowered her naked body onto the bed, then pulled a t-shirt-his t-shirt- over her head, "What do you mean?"

She shrugged, crawling beneath the covers with Adrian following as she leaned against the headboard, :When you were going through it on Ren's anniversary, there was no way for me to help, to comfort you, and that killed me inside. I felt completely useless just watching you. I felt like I was nothing but a good fuck if I couldn't help you, and I still kind of feel like that, but it just feels nice to be able to help every once in a while, you know?" Isa murmured, looking over to the man sitting next to her to see if he did indeed understand.

She needed him to understand.

The mass of onyx curls that was Adrian's mane flew as he shook his head, "Isa, no. You being there helped a lot. You stopped me from drinking for over half the day, I've never been sober on that day, and to actually be able to remember a moment in that day, even if it was miniscule and blurry, felt amazing, okay? Don't ever think you're useless."

She couldn't describe how that small piece of information made her feel.

Adrian went on, "And you have your bookstore, you help Kenny, and you just make anyone you come in contact with smile. You're not useless, anything but that."

"I love you, Adrian," She whispered, wrapping her arms around his neck, taking in his scent as she did so.

Home.

Adrian was home. This was something Isaline knew but never acknowledged. The dark eyes, the rough exterior, rude demeanor, and flawed yet perfect interior were things that made up Adrian Marquise Lew, things she loved about him.

He was hers, and he was home.

But he wasn't trusted.

Isa couldn't knock the feeling that Adrian was indeed lying to her; hiding things again and she should have felt like that. He had told her there were important things he had yet to tell her. Was this one? The trust was so nonexistent in that moment that Isaline couldn't even give her love the benefit of the doubt. But was she wrong?

His voice pulled her out of her reverie.

"Baby, where are you right now?" Adrian asked her softly, his hand cupping her cheek gently, that silver in his eyes reflecting the worry he felt towards her.

"What are you talking about?" Isa asked, giving her head a small shake as two finally pulled away from the comforting embrace.

Adrian caught on to the fact that she was going to tell him almost immediately. Isaline could tell by the way he looked at her. It was a type of haughty incredulousness that made Isaline's skin crawl, but she wouldn't give in.

"You're not on this planet, pet; completely out of it. Would you like to take a walk or something? You know, to clear your mind? I know you need it after everything that happened today."

When she nodded, Adrian dutifully stood up, finding her fur lined winter boots along with her socks and a hat. After waiting about thirty minutes, Isa and Adrian stepped out hand in, and the lovers started to walk in silence. It wasn't until they sat down on the front porch steps that Isaline spoke, her voice sweetly quiet, yet full of hope, "When spring is here, could I do some gardening? I think it would make the house look very nice."

"Of course," Adrian answered immediately, "We'll hire a gardener and some landscapers to-"

"No, I want to do it," Isa interrupted as she stared out into the virtually empty yard, "You don't let me pay bills around here or anything else. Give me the freedom of this, of the front and back yards."

The look he gave her told her he was going to shut her down, but that didn't deter Isaline. There was one thing she hadn't forgotten about her man, and she'd use it to her advantage: the man was wrapped around her little finger. He tried to hide it, but Isa knew when to pull out the little innocent act that had him giving in so easily.

"You don't seem to remember that you're pregnant. By the time spring rolls around-which is only in a few weeks- you'll be five and a half months pregnant. I'm sorry, but you're just not about to be on your knees playing in the dirt. You need to be inside, and lying down, relaxing. No," He said it so firmly that Isa knew his decision was final, and she wasn't having that couldn't handle that.

"Adrian, you seem to forget that I own a freaking store. I will never be one of those pregnant women that stays home all day 'resting' inside and rubbing her belly as she waits for her man to come home. That's not me and you know it. I just want the yards to stop looking so damned empty. This is my home too, you told me that. Now let me make the outside look like it id. Adrian, this yard is bare, dead, and gloomy. All it's missing is the tombstones. "

Adrian didn't say anything, so Isa continued, "I mean, you can help me. We can shop for flowers and furniture for the back, and I was even thinking that we could put a pond somewhere. Wouldn't that be nice?"

The pond was what caught his attention. Isa watched as she gained his interest again, those handsome eyes of his shining,"I had been thinking about getting a pond...and an aquarium for inside. I think the baby would liket hat once he was a little older. My one and two year olds love to watch the fish in the lobby. I think it's the colors."

Isa was smiling by then, knowing she would be getting her way, "See? You get the pond and aquarium and I get the gardens. We're both happy."

The look Adrian gave her, his face twisted in an uncomfortable grimace that he somehow managed to still make look beautiful, was spilling over into his pretty eyes, telling her how satisfied, yet unsatisfied he was with the deal.

"I really don't think I'm going to be comfortable with you doing all that, Isa. What if you get too hot and-"

"I would be doing it after work and on the weekends, so you could watch me if it makes you that uncomfortable."

In the end, Isa got her way, and later that night, when the two were in bed, Adrian was still voicing how uncomfortable he was with his woman gardening while she was pregnant. Isaline just said, "Complain all you want, I'm just going to ignore you because you already said yes."

And that was the end of that.

Isaline had never been so irritated with Adrian wanting to talk. He never wanted to talk, so Isa was more than glad that he was opening up, but she had another agenda; one whwere he needed to be asleep for her to complete.

"Baby, you're so tense, Isa cut Adrian off, making sure she inflicted just the right amount of shock as she leaned over and squeezed Adrian's shoulder roughly, "WHat've you been doing?"

Adrian gave her a look confusion as he spoke, "U-Uh, I-Oh God..."

He trailed off as Isa climbed behind him, kneading his shoulders with her small, expert hands. Adrian shuddered beneath her touch, and as Isaline moved lower down his muscular back, she murmured, "Lay down, baby."

He obeyed her easily, and only after about ten minutes, Isaline was straddling a deep breathing vampire that was fast asleep.

She almost felt bad for cutting their bonding short. It wasn't often that Adrian wanted to just sit and talk, and Isa usually loved it when he did, but now wasn't the time.

She had to talk to Annaleigh.

After waiting a few minutes to ensure that her sweet Adrian wouldn't wake up, she slid out of the bed, more than ready to do some backhanded shit.

But first she had to have a quick snack.

As she shoved the last handful of grapes into her mouth ,Isaline slid out of the stool she had been perched on, taking her sleep phone in her hand, and headed towards the front door. She walked a good hundred feet from the house when the stench of cigarette smoke hit her.

"Fuck,"

Leonardo was close.

Upon hearing her profanity, he popped up, right in front of her, green eyes shining as he grinned at Isaline, a long cigarette dangling from his lips, "What are you doing out here so late, sweet pea? I know you haven't started sucking on the tobacco sticks,"

She just had to play it cool/

"Nothing, Leo. Just needed some fresh air, you know?"

He nodded in understanding as he took a long drag from his cigarette before blowing the smoke through his nostrils, "Yeah, completely understandable, but I know for a fact that you slipped away from Ade. You're supposed to be in bed."

Shit.

Well, Isa thought with a groan, Honesty is the best policy.

"Yeah," Isa admitted, "I got him to sleep, and took off,"

Then comes the lies.

"I just haven't been sleeping as much, you know, the baby and all. I like to take midnight strolls without your best friend hounding me about being sure I wear all the proper gear to step outside all the time.

Bullshit. Complete bullshit. Isa hated the outdoors.

"Yeah, I get that," Leo muttered, kicking at the ground with the toe of his shoe, "But you know he senses it when you're not there when he's sleep, just like you do. He's going to be on my ass, and in yours and also kicking mine for letting you out without one: waking him up, and two: wearing the right clothes. You know his biggest fear in life is you getting a cold."

He was right.

Isa let out a sigh, nodding her head, "I know, Leo, I do, but can you cut me a little slack? You just brought my best friend to me on the brink of death, and I had to changer her into a vampire. I think I earned a night stroll tonight at least. "

Leonardo threw a long arm over Isa's shoulder, his voice sympathetic as he responded a few minutes later while the two walked down the long drive, "You're right little one. You deserve more than a midnight stroll. You know, he's right, you do need to take it easy. You've learned so much since he got you pregnant, you need to sit your little expecting ass down sometimes, but Adrian doesn't say anything because he knows how active you are, and that you won't listen-you're just as hard-headed as he is. He wants you and that kid as healthy as possible, you know he's scared shitless, right?"

Isa shook her head, a frown of confusion on her face. Why?

"You're holding his balls in your little hands, and he knows that you'll always just dupe him into getting your way. He knows you're not going to listen to him, that-"

Isaline had to cut Leo off, her laughter bouncing off the trees, "Leo, you're overestimating the power you think I have over him."

"I'm going to let you think that," Leo chuckled, digging another cigarette out of his pocket, then taking the one in his mouth out, replacing it with the new one. Isaline watched in a disgusted type of mesmerization as he lit the unlit cigarette with the burning butt, the flicked it away with professional ease.

She had never seen someone so gracefully light and discard a cigarette, all within about fifteen seconds. It was one of the most amazingly disgusting things she'd ever seen.

"Want one?" He asked playfully, those forest eyes bright in his own amusement as he watched her face melt into a look of repugnance, "I kid, I kid."

"Leo, tell me what happened," Isa demanded quietly, "How did you and Jackson tie into this?"

With a loud sigh as he shoved his hands deep into his pockets of his dark jeans. In that second, it was scary how much he resembled his best friend.

As they walked, Leo talked, and Isa listened to what had happened to Delaney, and how he and his older brother came into play.

Leo and Jackson were out that night, in the beginning phases of their plan to club-hop the night away, "We were between clubs when I caught the scent of a woman, and I finally acknowledged my bloodlust. My fuckin' throat was on fire, kid. It had been a while since I had fed. I followed the scent, mouth watering and everything, and then, when I got closer, I saw this woman. The scent I had caught was a mixture of multiple women, but only one was standing in the empty parking lot. She was on the phone, and then a dude showed up in front of her, and then she was talking to him too, and..."

Isa was about to assume the worst, thinking Delaney had met up with another man, but it turned out that Leo wasn't trailing off for effect, but to light yet another cigarette.

"Leo, come on! Lay off the cigarettes!" Isa snapped, her eyes flashing with her annoyance.

He only rolled his eyes with a scoff, "Fuck off," He chuckled, "You act just like him. Anyways, Jackie and I turn around after seeing her with her man, and we head towards the next club. Few minutes later, I hear cussing and really, really loud screaming."

The man wasn't Isaac, or a secret lover, but a drunkard begging for money. When Del wouldn't give him any, he put his hands on her, but Delaney had a taser (thanks to Isaac.) Even drunk, this man was stronger than Delaney, and he had overpowered her enough to get the taser from her, then pulled a knife on her. By the time Jack and I ran to her-at full speed- the knife was buried in her belly."

"W-Well what did you do?" Isa asked, completely shocked. She hadn't expected the story to take the turn it did, to even start out how it did.

Leonardo shrugged, his face closing off to a severe, murderous look, "I killed the fucking scum, what else was I to do? And then, I took her phone, and went to recent calls to call a family member. The last call was to Hubby-Isaac obviously- but then a few people down, I see your name with those fuckin' heart eyes and a cartoon baby, and I was just...shocked. Asked her name, and I learned that I'm holding your dying best friend and sister in my arms. Fuck. I call Isaac, and tell him what's going on, who I am, and he tells me to take her here, and he'll meet me; gave me strict instructions not to change his wife because he wanted you to do it. Small fuckin' world, huh?"

"Yeah, small fuckin' world," Isaline echoed breathlessly. She didn't take the time to think about how Adrian would absolutely lose his mind if he caught Leonardo's scent on her, she was only thinking in the moment. Leo had saved Del's life, and she couldn't even begin to express how thankful she was for that.

She would start by ignoring the fact that he had fed from her.

Her tiny arms wrapped around his waist, and she pulled him in as close to her as her baby would let him get.

Leo let out a quiet curse before he returned the embrace, where they stood for a couple of minutes before Leo spoke up, "Isa, he's going to beat my ass and fuck yours if you don't back up. I know you're just thanking me, but if he catches my scent on you, which he will, Adrian is going to...flip his shit like the tennagers are saying, yeah?"

Isaline sniffled, nodding as she pulled away and placed her hands on her belly, "Thank you, Leo. So, so much."

He nodded with an easy smile, reaching over and squeezing her hand, "Anything for my family, Iss."

With a knot in her direction, Leo headed back inside, leaving Isa to her own thoughts. All she had originally wanted was to sneak off, and now look at what she had learned. With the side,Isa continued her trek down the driveway, just enjoying the cool night until she deemed it safe to pull out her phone and dial the number. That right time was twenty minutes later after she had wandered off the driveway and onto the country road.

Her heart was pounding, and suddenly it didn't feel right to call Annaleigh. She wanted to know, but she also didn't want to know. Her heart was pounding, and suddenly it didn't feel right to call Annalee. She wanted to know, but she also didn't want to know.Then, she had to factor in the fact that her man wasn't going to tell her shit. If there was one per (out of many) things he did an outstanding job at, it was hiding things. Then, she had to factor in the fact that her man wasn't going to tell her shit.

No, if she wanted to know, she have to find out on her own. But did she want to do that?

No.

Yes.

Shit.

Things were starting to get too complicated for her to keep up with. Yes, Adrian was treating her better than she had ever been treated by any man, and she'd take that over how they were that first year any day without hesitation but now? It was overwhelming how so many things were coming to light. Things were starting to get too complicated for her to keep up with. Yes, Adrian was treating her better than she had ever been treated by man, and she take that over how they were that first year any day without hesitation but now? It was overwhelming how so many things were coming to light.

ADRIAN LEW

When he rolled over, his eyes were closed. It may not have originally seemed like it but this was important because for two reasons.

One: He was still half asleep, with a brain that wasn't properly functioning yet.

Two:He couldn't see that she was nowhere in sight.

Without putting too much focus on the fact that he had cottonmouth worse than a motherfucker, and a quick swipe of his tongue over extremely chapped lips, he spoke to his love Isaline, because he hadn't yet registered the fact that she was not in the room.

"Baby, you have to use the bathroom?"

She always woke up two to three times most night to use the restroom, and when she didn't Adrian woke from his slumber- no matter how deep or light- to see what she had deviated from the ritual that had started a little after she had entered her second month of pregnancy.

She didn't respond, but what had Adrian finally opening opening his eyes was the fact that now that he was more aware he could feel that she wasn't in their room at all. After a second, he was out of the bed and within a fraction of that was running out of the room to check and see if she had just headed down to the kitchen to grab a little snack.

She hadn't.

"Where the fuck is she?"

Leo offered an answer from the entrance to the kitchen, "She's out taking a midnight stroll. Seems like a lot is on her mind. Found her when I was out for a smoke."

Adrian's thanks had barely falling from his mouth before he was flying past his best friend, headed for the front door, but then he caught that heavenly scent that was a drug to him, and it was all over Leonardo, and Adrian had doubled back in less time than it takes one to blink, large hand wrapped around his throat, the large man who was almost the same size as him being held against the doorway, face going red due to lack of oxygen.

"H-Hey, hold on-"

Adrian wasn't giving him a chance to speak. He was shaking, blood boiling as that territorial jealousy that was always so close to the surface made itself known, "You better have a good fucking explanation as to why my wife's scent is all over you!"

Leo pushed Adrian off of him, green eyes flashing in irritation as he scowled at his best friend for a moment before finally answering, "I told her what happened with Delaney, and she gave me a hug as a thank you. I told her she's piss you off is she-"

"I'm fucking psychotic and you know it," He snapped back as he made a beeline for the door, "I'll kill you, don't forget that!"

Leo was laughing almost maniacally.

Her scent went around the house twice, then all the way down the driveway. When he stepped onto the main road, he could see her a ways down, having looked up just in time to see her throw her phone across the deserted road as a scream of vexation fell from those sexy, plump lips of hers.

What the hell was she doing all the way out there?

"Baby, what-"

"Don't you say a fucking thing to me, Adrian!"

He was speechless, and the only thing he could do after she so angrily yelled in his face was watch as she took off back towards home, not able to wipe the completely dumbfounded expression off his face as he trailed after her at a shocked, human pace.

Adrian heard the front door slam all the way from the main road.

Holy shit guys, I'm so glad I'll be back to writing on a lappy! I missed you guys, and sorry for any comments I haven't responded to ! This Chap is dedicated to GreenRoots! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 2.3K 43
He was mysterious, unreadable, cold and expressionless. Something about him drew her to him and it interest her. Perhaps it interest her a little bi...
639 47 42
There are worse things than death. ___ "What is wrong with you?" I seethed. She had my back against the wall, pinning me down so I couldn't move. Sh...
4.3M 117K 53
"I don't want to go with you" I whispered... Big mistake. I screamed as he slammed me down to the ground hard and held my neck, he straddled my hip...
2M 71K 31
"Not here..." He said as he continued to kiss my neck. "Stop me Stacey.." "Why?" "I might lose control and take you right here... On that desk..." I...