Hmesha: One Shots

By eilyywrites

HMESHA This word in itself is a promise of forever. It makes one assure that things are going to last beyond... More

โ€ขPREFACEโ€ข
71st Century
Koffee with Karan
The last piece of Cake
In life-he had won

His perfect painted picture

1.2K 85 135
By eilyywrites

The sun peeked inside the room and Virat stood up from the bed being the early riser he is.

Adjusting the curtains to a side, he gazed at his two girls sleeping with a smile.

"My babies" He kissed both of their foreheads one by one as he half lied on the bed.

How he wished to wake up to this every morning!

"Dadda" He heard a soft giggle of his Vamu.

"Aw! My baby is up" He softly tucked back her little girl's hairs.

"Dadda upp" She extended her arms and he picked her up obliging.

"We will talk slowly slowly.. Mumma is sleeping na" He whispered to her as the little girl looked at her mother and nodded her head with a smile.

Completing Vamu's morning routine he hi-fived with her.

"I bub you Dadda" She spoke in her cutest voice and Virat smiled heartily.

He would do everything to hear these words!

"Dadda bubs you too mera baccha" He rubs his head on her stomach making her giggle.

"Looks like Papa-Beti has already forgotten me" Nush's voice caught their attention as she stretched her arms sitting.

"Not happening in this lifetime and even the nexts to come, Nushkie" Virat replied settling on bed flashing his swoon worthy smile.

She leaned her head on his shoulder and he placed a soft kiss on her temple while their girl sat in front adoring them.

"I'll get some coffee for us" He told as Nush climbed down the bed.

"Okay I'll freshen her up meanwhile" She replied.

"It's done already" He replied nonchalantly making coffee while she looked at him with love.

"Vi, It's match day. You could've rested little more. I'd have done it" She back hugged him and he rubbed her hands on his chest.

"You do it too when you shoot and I'm away, na? I already feel like I'm doing so less for both of my precious girls so when you are with me, I want nothing but you to relax as much as you can." He pulled her in front and cupped her cheeks and she smiled.

"I know it's not you and me but US in parenthood but I also know how hard you work to rise everyday to 70% because I can only provide 30%. You make it up for our daughter when I'm not around and I'm so proud of you for that..." Anushka almost teared up hearing him.

"Lekin hme b to proud feel krane ka mauka milna chaiye na! *in daya's voice* " And with that finish, she laughed while he secured her in his arms.

Anushka sighed.

A contented sigh. That's what this man has made her feel- contented. And even after 10 years of togetherness, he never fails to woo her with his thoughtfulness.

"Mumma Dadda also bubs each other" Vamu clapped excitedly while both of them burst out laughing.

"Will my baby have some ghumi ghumi?" Anushka asked bending down to her level and Vamu nodded excitedly.

"This baby too" Virat pouted raising his hand making Anushka chuckle.

"I'm comingggggggg" came a loud voice that belonged to none other than Rohit who ran into the room while Virat rolled his eyes at the sudden invasion.

"You have to knock and ask if I can come? What's this I'm comingggggggg" Vi mimicked scrunching his nose.

"Atleast better than you. I atleast warn. Tu to sidha entry maarta hai" Ro countered.

"What do we do with your warning if you're anyways entering after another second?" Virat continued.

"Hawww! Does that mean you do something while my niece is around? Meri bholi bhali bacchi ko bigadne ki koi jaroorat nhi" Ro sulked covering Vamu's ears while Anushka slapped her own head.

"Hey bhagwan! I can't deal with this man. Kaisi gandi baatein krta hai ye" Virat threw his hands in air.

"Bingo Virat! I too can't deal with this man anymore" Rits joined the gang.

"Why Ritsy? Tumse to gandi baatein bhi nhi kari!" Ro questioned sadly while Ritsy smacked his arm.

"Really? Sammy's presence says otherwise" Virat replied back.

"Dekha! Ab dekha! Kon gandi baatein karta hai" Ro clapped glaring at Vi.

"Shuru kisne kiya" Virat added with a smug.

"Stop harrassing my brother y'all. He came so merrily to wish us morning" Anushka sided with Ro and Vamu had got Sammy's company by now.

Both the little girls looked at each other and shook their heads helplessly.

"When will Dadda and Chachu grow up, Vami?" Sammy whispered.

"Never" Both of them sighed on Vamu's reply silently taking seats accepting the reality that they were the first kids to be born to another set of kids.

"Tujhe bulaya kisne yha, tu nikal yha se" Vi stated putting his arm across Rits's shoulder.

"Kya julm hai tum bhai-behen ka mujhpe! One has thrown me out of our room and other is not letting me be in his room" Ro cried.

"I am sure you must have done something to deserve that" Vi sided with Rits.

"I didn't do anything. I was just enjoying colouring with Sammy" Ro protested.

"But why did you have to enjoy colouring on walls?" Rits huffed and Vami looked at Sammy for confirmation who nodded her head helplessly.

"Chachu to Gaye!" Vami exclaimed softly.

"But it's more fun on walls" Ro justified.

"Even Vami uses paper for drawings but you, God what do I do with you?" Rits held her head while Ro looked at Nush for support who shook her head in disbelief.

"There's a reason I call you an idiot" Vi roared in laughter while Ro glared at him.

"Tum to kuch bolo hi mat Virat. I still remember how you broke Vamu's cradle on attempting to sleep in it" Vi scratched his neck embarrassed while Ro laughed.

Sammy looked at Vamu for confirmation and she nodded helplessly.

"But still cradle can be bought again, he ruined hotel room's walls" Vi stated.

"Aise to, Room can be painted again too. Though, my paintings are pure art." Ro brooded.

"Rits, They will drive us mad if we stay here more. Let's go yarr" Anushka said huffing while the men pouted like babies.

"These expressions ain't working on us so don't even try both of you" Rits sternly said before leaving the room with Anushka sighing.

"Teri vajah se Nush or Rits gussa ho gyi" Vi scolded Ro.

"Really? Did I tell you to sit in Vamu's cradle? Apne aap ko dekha hai, dinasaur jaisi body leke meri Vami ka cradle tod diya" Ro retorted back.

"And what about you? Skills majnu Bhai jaisi, or confidence Picasso jaisa! Idiot" Vi gritted.

"CHACHU AND DADDA" Sammy yelled shutting both of them up.

"Aw, My Sammy! When did you come baccha?" Vi bended down to her level stroking her hairs lovingly.

"When you were fighting like kids" Sammy's reply made Rohit laugh loudly.

"Chachu" Vamu pulled Ro's tshirt and he immediately took her in his arms.

"Good morning, mera baccha" Ro wished kissing her cheek and forwarding his cheek.

"No good molning! You and Dadda made Mumma and chachi upset" Vamu replied crossing her arms while Ro looked at Vi helplessly as Sammy did the same.

"We are Sorry, Sammy and Vamu" Vi said picking Sammy up in his arms too.

"No" Both the girls replied in sync.

"Pleaseeee" Ro and Vi requested with puppy eyes.

Vamu looked at Sammy and both of them blinked.

"Okay but plomise that no fighting now" Vami extended her hand.

"Promise" The men immediately put their hands on Vamu's.

"Okay now both of you give each other huggy" Sammy instructed and they put the girls down obliging to them.

As both of them hugged each other tightly, the girls jumped in happiness hugging each other as tightly.

And the two ladies standing on the threshold of the room, watching their 4 adorable babies, reciprocated the same hug within themselves knowing in their heart how blessed they are to have found a family in each other.

"They have wrapped our men around their tiny little fingers" Rits exclaimed looking at the scene.

"Our little world" Nush replied contentedly pulling Ritika even more tightly in the hug.

.
.
.
.
"All the best" Nush said excitedly to the team before moving to the car.

In no time, they were at Wankhede which was all set to host the semifinal between Ind vs NZ.

The heartbeats were fast but the belief in the hearts was stronger. The 2019 match was a bitter memory but everybody knew that this bunch have the potential to overcome that challenge and take India to the finals.

Ro and Gill entered the ground and started the phenomenal display of batting.

In no time, the team scored 70 runs and that's when Ro got out.

The seconds where the ball was in air, Rits skipped a heartbeat and then sighed but she knew her man had done an outstanding job and was playing for a much bigger motive than any milestone.

The whole stadium turned silent as they saw their captain walking back to the pavillion but every heart screamed the same emotion 'We are proud of you Captain'.

As the commentator rightly said 'Ek legend out ho kar jaata hai, to doosra maidan par aata hai! Bharat ke Dil or dhadkan'.

The crowd erupted in huge roars as the legend, the GOAT, the King stepped into the ground touching the ground.

The Blue Ocean of fans waved with every step he forwarded towards his territory but the man only knew one thing - he needs to get the job done for his team.

His lady sitting some metres away from him in the stands prayed to God to be kind to her man. He had done the hardwork and had the potential, the only thing needed was God's grace.

The match went on and Virat and Gill kept moving the scoreboard. The young gun scored a blazing half century earning appreciation from everyone present.

Soon after Shreyas joined Virat, as Shubman suffered some cramps.

In no time, Virat reached his 50 and raised his bat but he knew he still has a lot to do. The claps and hoots found their ways to admire the living legend.

The game went on and it was no brainer for anyone to make out that the weather was testing the players really hard.

Virat got some cramps but leaving the team in the middle was the last thing he thought of. Not like anyone expected, the same man has played with stitches in hand so putting his everything on line in the big encounter was expected.

As he ran for two and he stumbled with his body diving all the way, every viewers's hand folded on their own but the man stood up limping with a smile on his face.

Anushka sat back in his seat as she finally released her long breath.

"He will give me a heart attack one day" She murmured as Prithi gently rubbed her back.

And balls after balls, the score kept getting bigger. The fans were overjoyed as the haunting fear of a batting collapse had faded.

Now, the man stood on 90 runs not out. For the next 10 runs, everybody's eyes were stuck on Virat's score rather than team's.

He played the ball and with every touch of his bat with ball, the crowd yelled. They knew what was about to happen.

They were going to witness history being created, they were going to witness a legend being made, they were going to witness a player reaching a feat untouched by all the players who has played the sport.

A player achieving 50 ODI centuries.

The crowd were now on the edge of their seats, the experts were ready to utter praises, his lady had stopped blinking.

Among all the anticipation, the man stood in the middle of the pitch with his eyes settled on the ball and the scorecard flashed 98* in front of his name.

(A/N: My hands are literal shaking writing this)

The bowler rolled his arm over and the ball moved towards him. He did what he has dedicated his life to. Swinged his weapon, his bat sending the ball away.

He stepped out of the crease running while his eyes focused on the fielder. As he turned for another run, he knew he'll get it.

The crowd knew he'll get it. And with those 2 runs came the century.

The crowd went berserk, they roared as they saw an untouched feat being achieved in front of their eyes by their heart- their Virat.

The man slided on ground when he realised he had made it. The emotions flooded in his heart as he sat kneeled on the ground removing his gloves and helmet.

If he ever had manifested something, it must've looked like this. His perfect painted picture featuring his life partner- the person he loves the most and his hero right in front of his eyes, celebrating his achievement with their chest swelled up with pride.

He stood up and he knew what he had to do. He raised his hands up as his eyes settled on his idol. His hero- the one who had inspired him to hold the bat.

He bowed down to the God himself- the great Sachin Tendulkar expressing his immense gratitude to be able to even stand in front of him, achieving something like this was beyond imagination.

No matter what anyone said, he knew he will never be as good as him, in his words ‘He was perfection' but to see his idol proud and clapping for him was stuff of dreams for him.

As his eyes moved to the love of his life, he felt a sudden rush of realisation of what God has blessed him with.

She showered him with flying kisses, her eyes teared up but the joy danced in her heart the loudest.

They knew they have came a long way. He sent a flying kiss grateful for her existence. For all the unwavering love and faith she had in him even when he had lost it in himself.

The crowd erupted in thunder of roars witnessing the pure emotions of love between their king and his queen.

Seeing those countless people cheer for their love, the scar left on both of them 8 years ago in 2015 semi final healed.

It took numerous years, countless tears, hell lot of hatred and unconditional love of theirs to make the same people who once burned their posters to cheer for them.

It was not just a century he achieved, it was the appreciation he earned for himself, his love. And those tears with those nonstop claps from Anushka told how proud she is of him, and all that he has achieved.

Looking at the sky remembering his father, he presented the last heartfelt acknowledgement to his forever guiding force.

The moment seem to have frozen, many would say- This is wrong to make someone even bigger than sport but in reality it was a testimony to the fact that with hard work and determination, sport can take you to the heights of unreal greatness.

The man wore his gloves and helmet back. Leaving all that he has achieved, ready to face another ball with the same determination and goal.

He played shots after shots accelerating his innings and taking India to an invincible score.

On 117* he lost his wicket but everyone knew he has completed his job exceptionally well thus with a bat raise, he paved his way back to pavillion.

The real cricket fans must have only thanked God for the opportunity to witness two of the greats ruling the cricket world and just silently walking back the Wankhede stairs.

“Great Innings Virat" Ro was the first to pat his friend's back and Virat smiled back.

No matter how chaotic they are off field, they never forget what binds them together- Cricket and they are just servants of the sports.

The other teammates didn't waste a minute before congratulating Virat for his special innings.

Shreyas on the other end continued an innings to be remembered for a long long time.

Even though it was his first world cup, the boy played like he is well familiar with the knockout pressure.

Thus, the two who understood how brilliant his innings were made sure to be the loudest cheerleaders for him.

Virat and Rohit clapped on every shot he played and finally he reached his deserved century and Wankhede crowd appreciated the young lad who shone bright on the special occasion.

“Well done Shreyas" Vi yelled.

Ruk Mai dikhata hu ye kaise celebrate krega ab" Ro caught everyone's attention as he hurriedly went inside the dressing room and then walked out mimicking Shreyas's typical walk after hitting century.

The exact moment Shreyas celebrated exactly similarly and all of them laughed.

The team reached a huge score of 397 and the bowlers had to complete the job now.

Some early wickets and then two hard fought wickets of Williamson and Latham was all India needed to turn the match in their favour.

The wickets kept falling there on with Mohammad Shami spelling the magic and continue to emerge unplayable.

Tricking Lockie Ferguson into his trap, Shami won the game for India booking their place in finals.

“Lalaaaa” Vi yelled excitedly.

Ro lifted Shami in his arms, just like he has lifted the bowling attack throughout the tournament.
.
.
.
.
The joyous emotions inside the dressing room were shared with warm hug between players.

They all had done whatever they could and were on a dream run in the tournament.

As Virat stood on the threshold of the dressing room admiring the blue ocean of fans, Ro came from behind patting his back.

Some idiotic Rohit's fans criticised Virat for slow strike rate and some stupid Virat's fans criticised Rohit for being reckless and throwing away the wicket.

But only they knew that they were at their best in the tournament. The way they've complimented each other always laid down the base for the victory.

Kya hua?” Ro asked.

“Look at these people. I can't believe their happiness relies on us. We've a huge responsibility, Ro" Virat answered.

Ro just put his arms across his shoulder and both of them stared at the crowd now.

“But when have we not tried our extreme best to put up a smile on these faces? Noone wants to loose but we're playing a sport and all we have in hands is giving our all" Ro's words made Virat sigh deeply.

“And we'll do that everytime we step on the field. Won't we?” Vi looked at Ro and he smiled.

“Always" Both of them smiled contentedly with deep gratitude in their hearts for the beautiful chaotic team and fans.
.
.
.
.
Kaha gyi?” Vi spoke to himself looking upwards to spot Nushkie somewhere.

Ro saw the scene and smacked his head.

“Oye Lover boy! We've phones for a reason” Virat rolled his eyes on his statement.

“I'm not idiot like you. Yaha network nhi hai!” Vi retorted back and Ro just stuck his tongue out at him before moving down to the ground for presentation.

Bhaiya, texting is also a thing” Shubman and Ishan teased Virat.

“I'm not that old to not know about texting, it's just that she ain't seeing my messages” Virat replied back again checking his phone with a cute pout.

Pyaar ho to aapke jaisa bhaiya! Bhabhi se ek minute nazrein nhi hat ti"  Ishan teased and Shubman laughed.

Vi glared at both of them.

“Ishan, I've Aditi's number incase you've forgotten. Or tere liye to number b nhi chaiye, She is right upstairs!" Virat replied back and both of them ran away silently.

Virat:
Left for hotel?

Anushka:
No, just leaving in a minute!

Virat:
Let's leave for home tonight?

Anushka:
I was about to ask the same.
I'll keep the bags packed.

Virat:
Sure. Btw I love you!

Anushka:
See you. Btw I'm proud of you

Virat:

With that red heart Anushka's smile grew wider as she blushed to herself.

“10 years of you guys enjoying your honeymoon phase" Rits remarked catching Anushka off guard.

“Look who's talking. Don't get me started on how Ro can't keep his eyes off you" She replied back.

And both of them laughed. They knew they were blessed with the best.

Their boys have been greenest of green flags when green flag wasn't even a thing.

The wags reached the hotel followed by the team.

The doorbell of the room rang and Vamu squealed.

“It's Dadda" She exclaimed.

“Lesssgooo" Nush matched her enthusiasm opening the door for him.

He looked at both of his girls and smiled widely.

“We won Daddaa" Vamu celebrated.

Virat picked her up in his arms and she wrapped her tiny arms around his neck kissing his cheek.

With his free arm he pulled Anushka to himself and she kept her head on his heart securing her arms around him.

With a soft peck on her hairs and wide smiles on all of their faces, Virat muttered.
“I REALLY WON"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wrote this after semifinal win but couldn't bring myself to publish as my heart wanted more. I wanted to publish a one shot on a world Cup win but it was not meant to be, I guess.

Have nothing much to say with the way this tournament has ended but I'm just so so proud of this team! They've given us immense happiness and moments to cherish in the last month or so.

With every knockout eviction, I hoped I would shatter and stop watching cricket but love doesn't work this way, I guess.

Yes, The fan in me has shattered and broken to guts but the same fan has also started hoping for glory in the next tournament that awaits us. And tbh this team deserves support and backing more than anyone and I'm all for it.

Just like Shubman said ‘It's not the end. It's not over until we win it'. So an ardent fan who is broken but proud and hopeful says this to you, my men in blue- you go write your fairytale endings in the tournaments to come, I'll be there cheering as loud over and over again.

We smiled together, we cried together and we will win together.

We love you
❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 1.2K 21
After WC2019 Virat was accused of match fixing leading him to be dropped from the team temporarily where his own team denied trusting him. Devasted b...
19.3K 1.6K 20
Sometimes falling in love with the most unexpected someone can be the most beautiful thing ever. A story about two best friends finding love.
77K 3.9K 46
๐•๐•š๐•ฃ๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•‚๐• ๐•™๐•๐•š ๐”ฝ๐•’๐•Ÿ๐•—๐•š๐•”๐•ฅ๐•š๐• ๐•Ÿ "It was all chaos and then I hold your hand!" We know each other for 15 years now, but it feels like I kn...
9.2K 595 11
A young Ritika was promoted from a junior to now added in the management, she was brought to manage for the younger lot of boys. She was the chirpy...